User Reviews for Cambia

Learn more about Cambia.

Cambia review summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 87 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Cambia to treat Migraine

Review by Mystique420:

Did not work for me at all. Since 2005 until now I've been on every non narcotic and narcotic meds for my migraines that in spring & summer increases them to 5-7 times a week. I've even had the injections even though I'd always say no way would I allow it but then I did them because if it would've helped it would be so worth it. I'm now quite desperate as I have no decent quality of life anymore. White brain matter was first detected in 2005 which led to more tests and found out it's Multiple Sclerosis that was causing it and in 2006 there was a tumor caught by Cat Scan deep in the left cerebellum. Surgeons say I'd have a 50/50 chance of dying. I hate to say it but migraines 5-7 days a week is not exactly living.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2014 4:45 PM

Review by LizShew:

This medication is the only one that works for me to relieve my migraines. Although I am curious why I can only take it once a week. My migraines occur daily.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 11, 2014 11:28 PM

Review by fsb:

I have been taking Firocet for years and it has been moderately effective for my migraines , which I usually have one per week. My Dr. last week recommended Cambia, was skeptical about it but was in agony and gave it a try. Within 45 minutes I was up and functional. Will only use in severe cases. Also very costly if you have no insurance.

November 25, 2013 4:00 PM

This drug works so fast, I had my migraine gone in 15 minutes. It's fabulous!

October 30, 2013 3:18 PM

Review by gcharle:

I suffer from cluster headaches and they are no fun. Had one this morning and took 10 mg Percocet. It did not take it away. I was a little skeptical about a Cambia pack I got from doctor, but after 3 hours and no relief I took it and within 30 minutes it was gone. Been suffering from these for 18 years and will keep some this on hand just in case.

September 20, 2013 5:23 PM

Review by Marem33 (taken for less than 1 month):

Have only used it twice, and ONLY as a "rescue" med from my Dr. It worked within 20 minutes and lasted the whole day. I'm only instructed to use it no more than twice a week. I suffer all the other days and have had this headache for 4 years now. Also starting some new meds to figure out what will PREVENT them.

May 15, 2013 5:05 PM

Review by Redhotfunbunny:

Given a sample by doctor. Have suffered from a headache for 24/7 for last 18 months. One dose and I got the first relief I've ever had since my injury causing headache. Miracle!

May 4, 2013 12:25 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Finally took the sample given to me by my doctor after nothing else was making a dent in my migraine after approximately 12 hours. This worked literally within an hour. Felt wonderful and not at all "fuzzy" headed. Will always be keeping a dose of this on hand with me.

August 8, 2012 8:58 PM

It works completely within 30 to 60 minutes. However my migraines do come back the next day. Am a little concerned about taking Cambia everyday. Have been getting migraines daily for the last 8 days. The meds you take daily to stop migraines make me feel like I'm wrapped in cotton and out of touch with the world.

May 30, 2012 7:17 PM

I have suffered from prolonged migraines for over 20 years. This is the first medicine I have used that relieved my pain. My recent migraine was going on twelve hours when it was suggested that I try this medication. Within 1 1/2 hours it was gone. I am hoping not to use it again for a while, however the next time I need Cambia and it works, I will have found my miracle.

November 27, 2011 10:26 PM

I love Cambia. I took 4 doses of Imitrex in a 24 hour period and couldn't get rid of a migraine. Out of desperation I took a sample dose of Cambia my doctor gave me and my migraine was gone in 15 minutes. I called my doctor and had him call in a prescription for me. It was the fastest acting pain reliever ever.

November 7, 2011 7:19 PM