User Reviews for Desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol

Also known as: Apri, Azurette, Caziant, Cesia, Cyclessa, Desogen, Emoquette, Enskyce, Kariva, Kimidess, Mircette, Ortho-Cept, Pimtrea, Reclipsen, Solia, ...show all 17 brand names

Learn more about Desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol.

Desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol Review Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 86 medications used in the treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.

Reviews for Desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol to treat Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

"I am having a severe allergic reaction to this medicine. Retaining water, horrible headaches, and severely high blood pressure and I was only on it for 9 days. I also noticed in this time (in comparison to other BC pulls I've taken before) that my facial hair growth didn't slow down, it actually seemed more bothersome. "

82801 April 8, 2015

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol): "I got severe lower back pain very soon after starting this which continued the entire time I was taking it. Frequent (at least 3x a week) migraines, increased appetite and weight gain, and a mysterious breast lump"

Kay1991m January 27, 2015

Kariva (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol): "Periods now occur on-time, every month (sometimes I don't have one, but generally I do), whereas before I never knew when it was coming and went as long as six months without one only to have the bathroom looking like a horror film for weeks on end when it finally came. My facial hair hasn't gone away, although I have noticed the stuff that grows back isn't as bristly."

Feral Dog February 25, 2014

Mircette (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol): "I recently went back on this pill. I took this pills for the first time 3 years ago had no side effects. When off to have kids. I recently went back on and so far still very happy. I was on generess fe which made my face breakout very badly . Mircette has cleared it all up. No complaints at all I feel great on this pill. I also have PCOS so it's been helping me with that . Hope it continues to work as well as it is so far ."

3boysnsm (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 1, 2013

Kariva (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol): "I was on Kariva for about three years. I took it because I am prone to migraines. The pill was great for regulating and lessening my menstruation cycle, however it did nothing to alleviate my migraines. I recently have switched to an IUD which has done the same but no migraines."

Remelock April 17, 2013

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol): "I was prescribed Apri for my PCOS (polycystic overian syndrom) and have been taking it for 2 months now. Before taking it my periods were completely irregular. Never knew if they were going to be later or early if they were going to last 3 days, 7 days, 2 weeks, or a month. My cramps were horrible and could barely get out of bed. I am happy to say that Apri has helped with that. My cramps ( on a scale from 1-10 before Apri was about a 8-9) are not a 4 on the pain scale. I gave the Apri a 9 because for some reason ever since I started on Apri have been having a brown discharge during my menstrual cycles. If they continue I will contact my doctor to find out what is going on with that."

Anonymous December 12, 2012

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol): "Dramatically reduced excessive hair growth on my face related to PCOS. Was on this for 7 years and loved it! Took a break to start a family, but will start taking again."

Anonymous January 20, 2012

Desogen (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol): "Changed my life."

Anonymous May 30, 2011

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol): "I have been taking Apri for the last month and a half and I like it. I am 19 and this is my first time on birth control, I am using it for PCOS, polycystic ovarian syndrome. I have lost five pounds and my acne is starting to clear up. The only issues I have are the munchies since I'm trying to lose weight, but I just eat fruit or salad when I get super hungry like that. Hopefully things stay as great as they are. Wish you all the best of luck."

Shakiela November 27, 2010

Kariva (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol): "I have been on it for 3 months now. No breakthrough bleeding at all. Short light period. Have had a few more headaches but nothing Advil won't take care of. Great results with this pill. A lot less moody than with other pills."

Anonymous October 21, 2009