User Reviews for Desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol

Also known as: Apri, Azurette, Caziant, Cesia, Cyclessa, Desogen, Emoquette, Enskyce, Kariva, Mircette, Ortho-Cept, Pimtrea, Reclipsen, Solia, Velivet, ...show all 16 brand names

Learn more about Desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol.

Desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol review summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 100 medications used in the treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.

Reviews for Desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol to treat Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

Review by Feral Dog:

Kariva (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol): Periods now occur on-time, every month (sometimes I don't have one, but generally I do), whereas before I never knew when it was coming and went as long as six months without one only to have the bathroom looking like a horror film for weeks on end when it finally came. My facial hair hasn't gone away, although I have noticed the stuff that grows back isn't as bristly.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2014 4:45 PM

Review by 3boysnsm (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Mircette (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol): I recently went back on this pill. I took this pills for the first time 3 years ago had no side effects. When off to have kids. I recently went back on and so far still very happy. I was on generess fe which made my face breakout very badly . Mircette has cleared it all up. No complaints at all I feel great on this pill. I also have PCOS so it's been helping me with that . Hope it continues to work as well as it is so far .

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 1, 2013 11:57 PM

Review by Remelock:

Kariva (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol): I was on Kariva for about three years. I took it because I am prone to migraines. The pill was great for regulating and lessening my menstruation cycle, however it did nothing to alleviate my migraines. I recently have switched to an IUD which has done the same but no migraines.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2013 11:48 PM

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol): I was prescribed Apri for my PCOS (polycystic overian syndrom) and have been taking it for 2 months now. Before taking it my periods were completely irregular. Never knew if they were going to be later or early if they were going to last 3 days, 7 days, 2 weeks, or a month. My cramps were horrible and could barely get out of bed. I am happy to say that Apri has helped with that. My cramps ( on a scale from 1-10 before Apri was about a 8-9) are not a 4 on the pain scale. I gave the Apri a 9 because for some reason ever since I started on Apri have been having a brown discharge during my menstrual cycles. If they continue I will contact my doctor to find out what is going on with that.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2012 1:13 AM

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol): Dramatically reduced excessive hair growth on my face related to PCOS. Was on this for 7 years and loved it! Took a break to start a family, but will start taking again.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2012 3:22 PM

Desogen (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol): Changed my life.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 30, 2011 6:42 PM

Review by Shakiela:

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol): I have been taking Apri for the last month and a half and I like it. I am 19 and this is my first time on birth control, I am using it for PCOS, polycystic ovarian syndrome. I have lost five pounds and my acne is starting to clear up. The only issues I have are the munchies since I'm trying to lose weight, but I just eat fruit or salad when I get super hungry like that. Hopefully things stay as great as they are. Wish you all the best of luck.

November 27, 2010 10:33 AM

Kariva (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol): I have been on it for 3 months now. No breakthrough bleeding at all. Short light period. Have had a few more headaches but nothing Advil won't take care of. Great results with this pill. A lot less moody than with other pills.

October 21, 2009 10:09 PM