User Reviews for Desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol

Also known as: Apri, Azurette, Bekyree, Caziant, Cesia, Cyclessa, Cyred, Desogen, Emoquette, Enskyce, Isibloom, Juleber, Kariva, Kimidess, Mircette, ...show all 21 brand names

Learn more about Desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol.

Endometriosis 1 reviews 160 medications

8.5
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 13 reviews 97 medications

7.9
Birth Control 470 reviews 275 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 5 reviews 162 medications

Summary of Desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol reviews 489 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I started taking apri because I was trying to do fertility treatments. The first day I took it I was fine but I felt really warm after taking it. The second day I took it I still felt warm when taking it. I went to work and was very nauseous. I ended up vomiting all day while at work. I could barely stand up my stomach hurt so bad. So I quit taking it. My stomach hurt for 3 days after that. Now i am supposed to be ovulating and have seemed to come on my period again but a lighter color than usual and much lighter. But I was just on a week ago."

Missb84 (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2016

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I have been on Apri for almost nine months and it works great for me. I was 135 pounds when I started taking it and I am now down to only 117 pounds. Also my period used to be heavy and I ended up getting it twice a month but once I started apri I now only have it for five days tops and it is absolutely fine. I used to break out really bad and my face would get really red but thanks to apri I only get a pimple every now and then and my face is no longer red. Apri works great for me I love it."

TLFoster May 1, 2016

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I really like this birth control. When I'm not on birth control I have extremely painful menstrual cramps, very heavy periods, and crazy hormonal acne breakouts. It took about 2 and a half months to see any improvements, but my face is almost always completely clear, I have much lighter cramps, and a much lighter flow. I did feel a little nauseous for the 1st couple days, but I had no weight gain and no other adverse health or psychological complaints. The only other complaint I could state would be that within a week of taking the pill, my sex drive was almost completely gone. The main reason I am staying on the birth control is for the acne treatment! It is something I have been struggling with for years and I am so happy with the results"

hkarlsson April 26, 2016

Reclipsen (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Been on reclipsen for about a week and a half. My face is breaking out so bad, and I usually have very good skin. I feel swollen all over especially my face and legs, and lately I have been having pounding head ages not to mention the horrible cramps ."

Anonymous April 26, 2016

Kariva (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I have been on Kariva for less than 2 years, and I guess I never read the drug information because my sex drive is near nothing. I even get annoyed when sex is brought up. My period is only 3 days long though, and no nausea or cramping to go with. But, the fact that my body refuses sex now is getting ridiculous. My doctor suggested it for me because I am pretty moody or my moods flipped a lot on everything else I tried. But Kariva was the last thing I could try. I'm breaking up with it. I miss being intimate with my boyfriend..."

kjox00 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 23, 2016

Velivet (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I have been on this product for years so I dont know if the effects are from the pill or just me personally. It does the job; regular, lighter periods and no babies. But I never want to have sex. I thought something was wrong with until I lost my script. Also about 48 hours of PMS but that's it."

ouchy222222 April 21, 2016

Viorele (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "This pill made me nauseous the first 2 months I took it. I gave it awhile to kick in after that, it works wonderful. My acne has gone away, I do not have any weight gain, decreasing weight actually. My breast have enlarged somewhat. Overall it's a great pill and very effective. The only downside is I can get emotional but that's every girl right? ;)"

Kelseyyy April 18, 2016

Kariva (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "This will be my 4th month using Kariva. The only thing it helped with (besides preventing pregnancy) was making my period shorter. I went from 8 long, heavy and painful days to only 2 very light, no pain days! Other than that, I've been miserable . It hasn't helped with acne at all, it actually started to cause body acne which I've never had. Also, a huge issue that I have, I'm VERY dry down there; causing it to hurt during my period when I want to insert a tampon AND painful sex. I can't even begin to describe how painful it is, it's like my insides are being torn apart & the pain doesnt go away for hours after trying to have sex. Its taking a huge toll on my relationship. I would not recomennd this pill. I will have to talk to my dr soon."

Alexanicole16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2016

Reclipsen (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I have been using this BC for years and really like it. No pregnancy or side effects. I briefly tried a different generic and it gave me side effects, though Reclipsen doesn't. I agree with the comments that everyone's body is different -- even my sister uses a different brand than I do. Find what is right for you!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 9, 2016

Desogen (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was on ortho Tri cyclen but stop due to stomach pain I switch over to this and notice I cry for any little thing. This pill has made me feel so emotional and I'm usually stronger than that. I had to discontinue."

Orlando, Fl April 7, 2016

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "I was diagnosed with PCOS and Clynical hyperandrogenism.I had gained 30 lbs in a short period of time, was getting excessive hair growth, and my acne was getting worse on my face and back.My periods were increasingly longer and heavier (15-20 days long, heavy with clots), and I was getting exhausted.My OBGYN prescribed me Azurette upon my PCOS diagnosis (we originally tried Nuvaring to address the period issues,but it did nothing to stop them or lighten them, and made my acne worse).I had asked her for contraceptive options that are best for PCOS and she suggested Azurette because of its anti androgen properties.It has worked to help me lose weight, my androgen levels are now normal, and I have much less acne.My periods are 100% normal now."

Aly C (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 7, 2016

Reclipsen (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I've been on reclipsen for about a month now. I started taking it to regulate my period and as a form of birth control. Seems to be doing the job, no pregnancy scares so far. I did notice severe mood swings before my period started, but not sure if that was due to things going on in life or the pill. Other than mood swings no negative side effects. Would recomend"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2016

Pimtrea (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Out of the 15 years I have taken birth control this one has been my favorite. It made me have regular light periods and toned down my mood swings. Didn't gain any weight and never got any pimples. I'm extremely sad my new insurance doesn't cover it anymore and I am devastated. I am now on the hunt for a new bc and have had no luck with one that responds well with my body."

harlowmae April 4, 2016

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "This birth control made me miserable. I could not even take it for one whole week. Immediately after taking it I started to feel sick. I had a headache every day after starting to take this pill. It made me feel tired, lazy, depressed. It seriously made me feel like I was pregnant all over again!!! I also felt really bloated right after taking it. My pharmacist recommended it because my new insurance wouldn't cover my old bc Pimtrea. They said it would be basically the same and it definitely was not. I know everyones body responds differently but this one has been the worst for me. I have been taking birth control for 15 years and this is the only one that has ever made me feel sick."

harlowmae April 4, 2016

For Birth Control: "I've been using this product for around 3 years now and I definitely would recommend. I had no bad side effects no weight gain nothing. I have more regular less painful periods and don't have to worry about pregnancy."

Funcrkndad April 4, 2016

Reclipsen (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Just about to finish my first month of reclipsen. I had never taken birth control before and was a bit terrified to start this one. I noticed I was very emotional and cried a couple of times even at work which had never happened in the year and half that I've worked there. My breasts did swell a little which was nice since I'm an A cup. My period started 3 days into the inactive week. I've always had painful cramps and trouble sleeping while on my period but this one was by far the worst. The first night I started my cramps were extremely painful and I couldn't fall asleep after waking up in the middle of the night for the first two nights. Acne is the same it hasn't helped or made it worse. Overall this has been a decent 1st experience"

KC1992 (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

Reclipsen (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I had been off birth control for about a year when I decided I wanted to go back on it. My doctor recommended Reclipsen; she believe it would clear up the little bit of acne that I had on my cheeks and forehead. I took Reclipsen for 4 months in total and it was a nightmare. The first month my breasts were extremely tender. They were tender to the point that it was painful to sleep in various positions and I could hardly exercise due to the pain. By month 2 I started to feel like my whole body was swollen. My face also looked swollen, and my acne actually became much worse! I lost my sex drive and felt miserable. I stopped taking it because I felt like I was becoming a monster! Lutera was much better for me, so I'm back to that!"

SydH April 1, 2016

Viorele (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I took this pill for a year and a half before I decided enough was enough. It cleared my face up, and I did not experience tremendous weight gain but I lost my sex drive and became extremely moody and depressed. I was crying over everything, I was always irritated and angry at my boyfriend, and on top of that I never wanted him to touch me. I stopped taking the pill about three weeks ago and I cannot begin to explain the difference that I already feel. I finally feel like my bubbly, love-able self again and it feels great."

Anonymous March 31, 2016

Kariva (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Hello, I took this birth control for four years ( I started it 15 because I was diagnosed with PCOS). Overall, it really helped me. It cleared my acne, and gave me a predictable period. The fact that it cleared my acne was the most amazing thing for me. I went from layering on concealer to cover red, even purple zits on my face to being confident in my skin. One thing I suggest if you take this medication is to read over ALL of the side effects. A little known one is constipation. I suffered from it the entire time I took this medication. Despite that one problem, this medication worked extremely well. :). Also, at age 19 I use it in conjunction with condoms to prevent pregnancy. ( take it at the same time every day and you're golden."

Jaclyn P March 24, 2016

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I've been on this medication for seven months. Before this I was on YAZ for five years (with no issues) but after constant recommendations to switch birth control brands from my doctor I made the change. I find this pill makes me extremely nauseated with terrible head aches the first week of the pills. I want to try a new one but don't know which on to try."

KLKL (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 22, 2016

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I expressed extreme hair loss. This med causes two patches of hair to be missing. I will never take this med again. Do not recommend."

No not use Apri March 21, 2016

Reclipsen (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I first started with the NuvaRing and ended up having to get my gallbladder removed. I have been on reclipsen for 3 years now and the only pros for me are that I do have much clearer skin and am not pregnant BUT I have awful migraines multiple times a month so bad that I now have a prescription from my neurologist also have basically NO sex drive which is driving my boyfriend insane. And I am insanely sensitive and cry almost everyday during the placebo week."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2016

Reclipsen (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I started this birth control on the 1st day of my period exactly 2 weeks ago. I started to notice some extreme headaches within the first week that would not go away no matter what I did. I wasn't absolutely sure it was the pill that caused it, I thought maybe it was from oversleeping. However here I am two weeks later bleeding, and having unbearable cramps whereas before I would bleed for 5 days with minor cramps. I just stopped taking it 2 days ago so I'm hoping the side affects go away soon. I know birth control affects everyone differently I just couldn't deal with the headaches. Hoping the Nexaplanon side affects aren't too bad."

Lana Hart March 20, 2016

Kariva (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I've had a pretty good experience with this birth control. I didn't experience any mood swings or weight gain. I actually lost a bit of weight the two times I switched to Kariva from a different birth control. Overall I felt better on this birth control than any other that I have taken. The big issue that I had is that after taking it for a couple of months I would get breakthrough bleeding in the middle of the month. The bleeding would last so long that it pretty much a second period. It was a bit frustrating being on your period for half of the month. It might have decreased my sex-drive a bit too."

Leah55 March 15, 2016

Kariva (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was switched to Kariva because it was a generic version of the current birth control I was on. I do not recommend it. I would have my period normal one month and then I would get it again 2 weeks later. The second period would last for 2 weeks. It was great for controlling acne and I only gained 3 pounds being on it. It seemed to keep my mood swings down. The bad thing with it is I stopped taking it 2 months ago and I have not had a period since. I did a pregnancy test with my doctor and they verified that I was not pregnant. Down side of this is I went back to my regular birth control and I cannot start taking it until my period starts again."

Do not recommend (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 14, 2016