User Reviews for Cleocin

Learn more about Cleocin.

Bacterial Vaginitis 0 reviews 32 medications

Skin Infection 2 reviews 168 medications

Aspiration Pneumonia 0 reviews 75 medications Not rated - Be the first
Babesiosis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bacteremia 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bone infection 0 reviews 63 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease 0 reviews 63 medications Not rated - Be the first
Peritonitis 0 reviews 74 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumonia 0 reviews 191 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prevention of Perina...tococcal Disease 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Surgical Prophylaxis 0 reviews 54 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Cleocin reviews 11 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Cleocin

Review by eelhead:

For Bacterial Infection: Tooth infection. After taking 5 of the 28 pills I had the worst heartburn of my life and could not even lay down. After 10 of them I ended up in the ER with chest pains, excruciating heartburn, diarrhea, and the itchiest hives from head to toe. They were however very effective at clearing up the infection which in turn reduced the pain in my mouth significantly. So for me, where tooth pain is almost intolerable it was a trade off I accept.

November 3, 2013 10:26 AM

Review by Scott56 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Cleocin prescribed for abscessed molar. 500mg 3x daily. Very effective without significant side effects.

January 13, 2013 3:27 PM

For Bacterial Infection: I have had a staph infection for some time I was on Bactrim and Ceflexicin for 10 days and they seemed to work, until I was out of medication. I was then prescribed Cleocin, I have been on it for a week and just shy of that week I started to have side effects. I have never before had any side effect from any medication prescribed, so this was quite a shock. Cleocin seemed to be working on my infection but I had to discontinue it's use early. I had the worst case of heart burn that would hit me in waves of pain never before had I experienced that type of pain, the inside of my mouth became very raw.

November 15, 2012 7:42 AM

For Bacterial Infection: Absolute best antibiotic for a tooth infection. Took as prescribed and pain was gone in 24 hours on a graduated scale. Pain was bearable within 12 hours with no pain killers.

June 8, 2012 10:37 AM

For Skin Infection: Helped knock down MRSA infection, couldn't take full course of antibiotic, due to chest pains and inability to swallow for 3 days. Horrible pain, then the diarrhea started.

October 18, 2010 7:11 PM

Review by jobock:

For Sinusitis: It is the only drug that works for me. I am allergic to many antibiotics but have had no problem with this one.

February 22, 2010 11:36 PM

Review by misslegg:

For Sinusitis: Was perscribed this to cure my sinus infection. Took one pill and about an hour or so later broke out in hives ended up back in the ER.

June 11, 2009 8:13 PM

Review by always sick:

For Skin Infection: I got pseudomembranous colitis from this medicine but it put my MRSA back into being dormant.

March 4, 2009 9:54 PM

Review by Boiler Room:

For Bacterial Infection: Used two two-week rounds of Cleocin for an abcess. While I had diarrhea the entire time, there is surely not a better drug to bring relief to a staph infection.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 18, 2008 11:19 PM

Review by jrichards06:

For Sinusitis: When I get a sinus infection my Dr. prescribes this. IT works awesome. No nausea, No diarrhea, no yucky taste in my mouth. It is the only anti-biotic that I don't mind taking at all.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 16, 2008 10:02 PM

Review by rashaaaaaaaaaa:

For Sinusitis: the only drug that works with me in my chronic sinusitis

February 29, 2008 8:38 AM