User Reviews for Cleocin

Learn more about Cleocin.

Cleocin Review Summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 637 medications used in the treatment of Bacterial Infection.

Reviews for Cleocin to treat Bacterial Infection

"Well, just took my last dose of this drug, Good Riddance!!! While it was effective in getting rid of the infection, it brought with it some very awful side effects. A strange metallic taste, fatigue, loose stools, pelvic cramping, abdominal pain on both sides, stomach discomfort, mood swings. I had to send my kids to a relatives house to finish this med because I have been feeling awful. No one told me to eat probiotics religiously, I do eat yogurt during any antibiotic treatment, but this specific drug requires a little more than a cup of yogurt a day, Day 2 I started taking Florastor, plus eating plain yogurt a lot, I hope I don't get the diarrhea that others have after stopping it. If you must take this,drink water and take probotics"

Penny1290 July 31, 2015

"I am currently on day 2 of this medication and I've had some troubling side effects. Very tired, nasty taste in my mouth and bouts of dizziness along with slight tummy upset and feeling foggy at times. I wish I would have been warned before taking it that it's best to take with probiotics, I have been eating yogurt, but from what I've read about this medication, it takes a lot more than yogurt to keep things normal. Thankfully I only have to take it for 4 days, 2 tabs every 6 hours, for a tooth infection. I am hoping I don't develop any of the really awful side effects. The only reason I was prescribed was because I had am allergic reaction to Augmentin. Given the severity of the side effects you'd think they would warn patients."

CrystMar July 29, 2015

"Tooth infection. After taking 5 of the 28 pills I had the worst heartburn of my life and could not even lay down. After 10 of them I ended up in the ER with chest pains, excruciating heartburn, diarrhea, and the itchiest hives from head to toe. They were however very effective at clearing up the infection which in turn reduced the pain in my mouth significantly. So for me, where tooth pain is almost intolerable it was a trade off I accept."

eelhead November 3, 2013

"Cleocin prescribed for abscessed molar. 500mg 3x daily. Very effective without significant side effects."

Scott56 (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2013

"I have had a staph infection for some time I was on Bactrim and Ceflexicin for 10 days and they seemed to work, until I was out of medication. I was then prescribed Cleocin, I have been on it for a week and just shy of that week I started to have side effects. I have never before had any side effect from any medication prescribed, so this was quite a shock. Cleocin seemed to be working on my infection but I had to discontinue it's use early. I had the worst case of heart burn that would hit me in waves of pain never before had I experienced that type of pain, the inside of my mouth became very raw. "

Anonymous November 15, 2012

"Absolute best antibiotic for a tooth infection. Took as prescribed and pain was gone in 24 hours on a graduated scale. Pain was bearable within 12 hours with no pain killers."

Anonymous June 8, 2012

"Used two two-week rounds of Cleocin for an abcess. While I had diarrhea the entire time, there is surely not a better drug to bring relief to a staph infection."

Boiler Room December 18, 2008

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Bacterial Infection