User Reviews for Cleocin

Learn more about Cleocin.

Reviews for Cleocin to treat Bacterial Infection

Review by eelhead:

Tooth infection. After taking 5 of the 28 pills I had the worst heartburn of my life and could not even lay down. After 10 of them I ended up in the ER with chest pains, excruciating heartburn, diarrhea, and the itchiest hives from head to toe. They were however very effective at clearing up the infection which in turn reduced the pain in my mouth significantly. So for me, where tooth pain is almost intolerable it was a trade off I accept.

November 3, 2013 10:26 AM

Review by Scott56 (taken for less than 1 month):

Cleocin prescribed for abscessed molar. 500mg 3x daily. Very effective without significant side effects.

January 13, 2013 3:27 PM

I have had a staph infection for some time I was on Bactrim and Ceflexicin for 10 days and they seemed to work, until I was out of medication. I was then prescribed Cleocin, I have been on it for a week and just shy of that week I started to have side effects. I have never before had any side effect from any medication prescribed, so this was quite a shock. Cleocin seemed to be working on my infection but I had to discontinue it's use early. I had the worst case of heart burn that would hit me in waves of pain never before had I experienced that type of pain, the inside of my mouth became very raw.

November 15, 2012 7:42 AM

Absolute best antibiotic for a tooth infection. Took as prescribed and pain was gone in 24 hours on a graduated scale. Pain was bearable within 12 hours with no pain killers.

June 8, 2012 10:37 AM

Review by Boiler Room:

Used two two-week rounds of Cleocin for an abcess. While I had diarrhea the entire time, there is surely not a better drug to bring relief to a staph infection.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 18, 2008 11:19 PM