User Reviews for Ziana

Acne 32 reviews 512 medications

7.1
Summary of Ziana reviews 32 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Ziana

For Acne "I love ziana. Since I was 15 years old I experienced "zits on nose" their basically huge pimples that grow so big under your skin and stays their for about two weeks, this was the worst experience. Throughout the years I've tried so many medications but nothing worked. Now I'm 18, after 3-4 years of having zits on my nose continuously ziana is working with me and now my nose is how I wanted it to be, thank you ziana & thanks to my dermatologist."

Nayeli Nino June 28, 2015

For Acne "I am a teenager who experienced some mild/bad acne. I was prescribed Ziana Gel in Decemeber and I was very nervous to try this product. For about the first three weeks my acne was getting worse, as my dermatologist had predicted. After those first few weeks, my face started getting way better. By February, my face was clear with the occasional breakout, which was gone by the morning after putting medicine on it at night. At the beginning my face was oily but it got better after a few weeks. Honestly this medicine has changed my life! My one recommendation is to give it time, if you want your acne gone for good I would definitely recommend this product. If you use the tube sparingly it will last you about 6 months."

LGray12345 June 3, 2015

For Acne "I had a wonderful experience with Ziana. This is the only acne medication that didn't dry out my skin after using it. I thought I would never have a good experience with acne medications. Ziana is a smooth, moisturizing acne medication that leaves your skin feeling great. With a couple days the redness and swelling of my acne went down significantly. I don't see myself ever using another acne medication."

Karakw May 30, 2015

For Acne "I have minor acne and have recently been prescribed Ziana. I feel like my dermatologist just threw this at me and said "Hey, try this". After a week of using it my acne did not get better or worse it just stopped, but what really bugs me is that my skin got EXTREMELY oily, if you had saw my face you would have thought I just ran a goddamn marathon."

Jonahh May 16, 2015

For Acne "When i first started using Ziana, i only had acne in between my eyebrows, chin, and the nose area. My acne worsened while using it and then it got better. But after about 4 months of using it, it became ineffective. So i now have acne between my eyebrows, chin, cheeks, forehead, and the nose area. Its great at first but after a while it made my face even worse than before i used the product."

Ara24 March 9, 2015

For Acne "I'm a female in my mid 20s with mild acne, mostly around my jawline and occasionally right over my eyebrows. I was prescribes Ziana about a month ago by my dermatologist. I had previously been using Finacea. With Finacea, I still had the monthly 2-3 deep pimples that took weeks to completely go away. After starting Finacea, I have only had ONE pimple on my chin that went away in a few days. I did not experience the "purge" my dermatologist warned me about. That may be due to the monthly facials I have started to get, but I'm not sure. I have noticed a drastic difference in my breakouts and skin overall. I have not noticed a difference in my acne 'scars' or pink/reddish brown marks left from previous breakouts, but I will wait and see."

Haley12309 March 8, 2015

For Acne "I started seeing less acne appearing but it didn't get rid of any either and it made my skin extremely oily, like, if I got a paper towel and dab my face it would be clear"

H20 February 26, 2015

For Acne "I have nodule like hormonal acne only on my chin that started when I was around 21. I've tried a lot of medications and it seemed a short course of antibiotics or birth control were the only things that seemed to help. In October 2014 it got very inflamed and painful so I saw a dermatologist. She put me on Solodyn (antibiotic) for 3 months only and then Ziana gel. I will be honest, Ziana definitely makes your skin worse before it starts to make it better. The drying I experienced was minimal but it truly made my skin 'purge' like I had read it would. It got so bad and red that I wanted to cry and curse Ziana, however, after about 2.5 months it started to get better with no more breakouts. Just be patient!!"

SarahT0908 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2015

For Acne "My daughter age 14 had mild acne. This gel has worked miracles. It is crazy expensive but a small tube lasted 6 months. Made the skin a bit dry but worth the trade-off."

Mom of teenager (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 17, 2015

For Acne "When I turned 26 I began getting really bad, cystic acne on my chin/around my mouth. I would "pop" the cysts and cause all kinds of scabs/scars on my chin area. Finally I went to the dermatologist and she prescribed me Ziana. Let me just start of by saying this stuff is nothing short of a miracle. Within 2 weeks my face looks brand new again. I use it everyday. I went a few weeks without using it and the bumps began to come back%u2026 Also, a little bit goes a long way. I put a very thin layer on my face every night. I think some people may be putting too much on their face which is causing their skin to be oily (the Ziana is causing the oil to come out of your skin which is what is causing the acne anyway). Good luck!!"

Cassidilla November 11, 2014

For Acne "When my dermatologist first prescribed Ziana, it worked pretty well. I put in on at night along with taking Solodyn, an oral antibiotic, once a day. I saw improvement in my acne for about 1-2 months, but I think it's starting to wear off a little bit. But over all it worked pretty well."

Lo1 November 6, 2014

For Acne "I used this product in combination with Aczone prescribed by the dermatologist. I'm very disappointed. The acne didn't improve at all. I have the impression that this gel worsen the skin. I have stopped using it after 2 weeks."

Lena555 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2014

For Acne "I've been using ziana for about 7-8 months everyday before I go to sleep as is instructed and have not seen any real progress that should be seen in that long of a time. Also I find my face becomes extremely oily during the day when using it"

Micheal44falconsymayy November 2, 2014

For Acne "I started Ziana one month ago. I am 26 and have had severe cystic acne from the age of 16. I haven't worn makeup for the last two weeks because I DO NOT need to hide anything anymore. Wooohooo!! It made my skin red/peel for a week and half but not so much that I needed to hide. I can wear the gel during the day because it doesn't flake or peel like most gels do. My pores are much smaller and I couldn't be happier. I now only need to use it about twice a week. Love this product!"

ella87co (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2014

For Acne "About 2 months ago my skin started to break out really bad out of no where. I have had breakouts in the past but nothing like this. At first I thought it was an allergic reaction. I work in the operating room and wear surgical masks most of the day. I decided to go to the dermatologist and she prescribed me Ziana. She told me I had adult acne and that it was not an allergic reaction.Within one week my skin was much clearer. It has now been 2 weeks and the results have been great. A small amount on dry skin here and there but that is the only complaint. I am very pleased and hope the great results continue."

Kimsoa (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2014

For Acne "I have struggled with minor acne all throughout high school. Just as soon as I got the acne off my face, new patches would appear. I tried every OTC medication and cream, with no avail. I even tried proactive, which actually just caused more new acne. When I went off to college, I decided to take action. My dermatologist prescribed me with Ziana, and I have to admit, I was nervous. She told me that it is a very new product, and it may not work. After four nights of treatment, all of the acne and redness of my face was gone. Completely gone! I was, to say the least, excited. I stopped after four days and am still acne free three weeks later!"

ZMoney (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2014

For Acne "This medicine is great but it peels my skin"

shelly landy (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 9, 2014

For Acne "Works wonders! Stick with it though. The first time I went on it, my face was pretty clear since I had just come off birth control so I had no "purging" experience. It kept my face completely clear and even cleared up some fine lines! Unfortunately, my insurance stopped covering it for a bit. My skin was ok for the first few weeks off it and then I suddenly had massive cysts. My insurance changed again and they now cover it! Second round: definitely some purging, definitely a lot of flaking, but skin is getting back to where it was. Stick with it. The stuff really works but you have to give it time!"

ehk678 November 22, 2013

For Acne "I used Ziana for over 4 months and saw zero results. It also made my skin incredibly oily. I lost hope in the product.."

hr52212 November 11, 2013

For Acne "I have had AMAZING results using Ziana Gel over the past couple of months. "

Ameeme (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2013

For Acne "This is a miracle product. I am zit free now. Try it, you will love it after a few weeks I am completely clear. A small amount of the product is used and tube lasts me about 2 months. Again, a miracle in a bottle."

Benji im Arizona (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2013

For Acne "This medicine is amazing. After suffering from pretty bad acne and trying every topical product out there (benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, tea tree oil, sulfur masks, etc.), I had pretty much given up all hope of clear skin. I started Ziana and saw no immediate results, but kept applying every night. A month later, my acne was significantly reduced. Two months later... I only have two small pimples that are in the stage of drying up. I highly recommend Ziana; it seems to be gentle on the skin. Keep with it! The results are amazing. I'm so much more confident. Good luck! P.S. I used in combination with doxycycline, which seems to significantly improve results."

Anonymous April 24, 2012

For Acne "Skin doing well after a couple of days after already using tretinoin gel for several weeks. However, having sore throat/cough and am fearing sinusitis. Hoping it clears up."

Anonymous July 31, 2011

For Acne "I have been using Ziana for almost a year now. I had the deep cystic acne that was painful and huge. After a couple of weeks using Ziana my face cleared up and in almost a year I have not had one pimple. I experienced no side effects and have been using it once every other day for a couple months now (because it's not cheap). My doctor also prescribed me a sulfur face wash which I use every day at night. Ziana is like a miracle to me."

Anonymous May 16, 2011

For Acne "I've been using Ziana for about a year now, it seems to do a good job preventing and treating new acne vulgaris, but does nothing to prevent or eliminate the white heads. I actually haven't used it in the past week, and have seen no change in my skin. I also wash my face with a salicylic acid/glycolic acid face wash that my dermatologist sells."

Anonymous September 21, 2010

More about Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin topical)

Professional resources