User Reviews for Ziana

Acne 46 reviews 519 medications

7.1
Summary of Ziana reviews 46 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Ziana

For Acne "HERE WE GO... New product. I search all product before taking them, I read all reviews and make my choice to try the product.. I will try this, but I will follow through and tell you my experience! Here is some info about me. I am 26 years old (female) Hormonal imbalance (cyst) and bumpy cheeks. I get under the skin cyst that pop up once a month, sometimes two to three at a time. If I mash them, nothing really comes out, but it leaves holes in my face.. the bumps on my cheeks are around my ears and were I would apply blush. I changed out my brushes btw. Anyways other them that I have moderate skin, no severe acne. I am fair skinned. and I'm combination skin type. I go from oily by the end of the day with flakes under my makeup (lol)"

lalaTy May 6, 2016

For Acne "DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!! It made me breakout like never before. I had barely any acne before i began this product, but wanted to get rid of my occasional pimple for good. My dermatologist prescribed me this and i used it for a little over a week. My face has never been so dry, irritated, and worst of all, covered in acne. I had a huge breakout on my chin and yes this may just be the initital purge, but it ruins your skin and it is hard to recover from this. I was so depressed during this week and actually felt like a worthless human being because my face looked so bad. Dont trust these harsh skin products!!!"

Anonymous May 5, 2016

For Acne "I wrote a review yesterday, but there is limited type space and wanted to add some things. Like I said, the facial helped avoid the purging phase & I also had derma planning done where they remove facial hair which helps skin absorb products. When I use the Ziana gel at night, I use one drop to cover my whole face. The first two nights I made the mistake of using about 3 drops & it made my face red. Use a washcloth to cleanse/exfoliate-this will help the peeling, drinks tons of water, use Cetaphil lotion 30 min to 1 HR after Ziana application and you should be good to go. It's been one week & my face looks great & is hardly peeling. You can also apply more lotion to the dry areas. I pat in the lotion instead of rub to help with absorption."

ChelseaL April 14, 2016

For Acne "I've struggled with moderate acne the past several months and finally went to the dermatologist. She prescribed Ziana gel at night as well as Epiduo for the mornings, an oral antibiotic, and Cetaphil Dermacontrol face cleanser and moisturizer. Like others, the first week of using Ziana gel made areas on my face where the acne was worse slightly red and peel. However, I have noticed a HUGE difference in my skin and it's only been a week. I also have been drinking a lot of water (hydrating from the inside out) as well as using regular Cetaphil after I apply the gel at night. The day I saw my dermatologist, I also had a facial done after my appointment so I think that has helped me not have the "purge" phase some people are talking about."

ChelseaL April 13, 2016

For Acne "I've only started this 3 weeks ago, however, I have seen a huge difference. Within the first couple of days it cleared all the redness and whiteheads. It did dry my skin out, and I had to double up on my moisturizer. Now going into week 3, the deep bumps that never seem to go away have started to subside. I accidentally skipped one night, and could tell the difference the next day, so it's definitly something you have to keep in the habit of."

LizzyMcG (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

For Acne ""I have been using ziana for about 6-7 months and it has made my acne better but it makes my face EXTREMLY oily and peely at the same time, but the first 2 months I guess I was better off without ziana, but after that it slowly got better, at the moment my skin still isn't clear but it's gotten better.""

Hehe1010101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2016

For Acne "I'm 18 and started Ziana about 6 months ago. My acne got so much worse for about 2 weeks and my skin peeled for a couple months (use face lotion!) but as of now my acne is just about gone, a few occasional spots, and some peeling still, but that's okay! This stuff really works but patience is key! As usual with a person, stress makes you break out at this age, so the medication doesn't really stop that."

Vincent p (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2016

For Acne "I do not recommend ziana at all. I have had a terrible experience. I applied ziana 2x, followed the instruction perfectly. I applied it Tuesday night at bedtime, I washed and dried my face and waited at least 30 minutes to apply a pea size amount to my face. Wednesday I woke up my face was red, but not bad. I applied again Wednesday night the exact same way. When I woke up Thursday morning my face had red blotches and was itchy. Was the day went on the my face got progressively worse. Red blotches, tiny blisters, skin peeling off, severe pain and stinging. I immediately stopped using ziana. Today is Saturday and my face has only continued getting worse. I went back to the dermatologist, got 2 scripts, my face is now bleeding."

Amanda12349 February 6, 2016

For Acne "I have been on Biacna (Canadian Ziana) for about a month now. For the first couple weeks my skin flared up like crazy and my face was peeling. Now I am finally starting to see my acne, which varied from cysts to moderate, disappear. I am hoping once my face becomes completely clear to see my acne marks fade. IMPORTANT: do not use any astringents or lemon/citrus or benzyl peroxide or tea tree oil while on this because it counteracts the chemicals in Biacna. GOOD LUCK and keep going xx"

Mayalaama (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2015

For Acne "I have only been on this for about a month. Since the first day I have started using it I have not seen one more pimple on my face. It is amazing! Wish I would have gone to my dermatologist sooner... I did not experience any redness nor did it get worse before it got better. It is helping clear my existing acne marks also. I didn't have very bad acne to begin with but at one point I would get multiple pimples all at once on my cheeks. It was enough to make me self conscience. My skin has however been quite oily but it's worth it in my opinion. I'm hoping as more time goes my skin will adjust. I suggest everyone give this a try."

mary12122222 December 7, 2015

For Acne "I am 23 years old and since I was 17 I have been battling acne. I tried every over the counter gels, creams and washes from Neutrogena to ProActiv. I had seen 2 different dermatologist offices and was constantly given prescriptions for things but never told what exactly was going on. This past September I switched to a new dermatologist office and was prescribed Ziana along with Solodyn, a pill. I am not going to lie, the first month and a half was really hard for me. I am a teacher and felt embarrassed from how red my face was, the huge pimples that blotched my face and the peeling that was going on really took a toll on me. It is now December and the improvement I have seen is amazing. I am looking much clearer and no blotches!"

Katie A (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2015

For Acne "I'm 30 years old and have suffered from acne since my teenage years. It's just gotten worse as I've aged. My acne has caused light scarring on my face. I've been using Ziana gel for about a month. I noticed that it does make my skin oily, however within two weeks I could tell that the brown spots were disappearing, the scarring was becoming lighter, the acne I already had was healing much faster than before (almost overnight), my breakouts have become fewer and farther between. My skin peeled in the beginning but spacing it out every other day for the first couple of weeks seemed to help. I use it every day now and my skin doesn't peel anymore. My insurance doesn't cover it but I used Philidor pharmacy and received it for much cheaper."

LMP1984 September 10, 2015

For Acne "So I began using ziana in the beginning of December 2014. Just as the others said, my skin did go through a purging process for about 2 months and a half. Almost coming to the end of the third month, I began seeing some of my acne disappear from areas I had always broken out in. Around March (4 month mark) my skin had drastically improved. However, the only side effect is my face is super oily even when I wash it in the morning, it starts to produce oil hours later. In my opinion, this is a small price to pay for clear skin. My advice to new users, stick with it no matter how awful it may seem! This medicine performed miracles for me"

Lizx177 August 24, 2015

For Acne "I wanted to post a review of this product to help others who are struggling with acne and/or first starting this medication. I know when I first started ziana about 2 months ago I was looking through all the message boards I could to find reviews on what the experience was like for people! I am 20 years old and have mild acne and clogged pores. Nothing else I tried would get rid of my pimples. I started ziana and yes, it does get worse before it gets better. I had moderate acne and tons of little tiny zits showing up all over my cheeks. The medication was bringing all my clogged pores and acne to the surface. This lasted about 3-4 weeks until I started noticing a significant change. Now,after only like 2 months, my skin is almost perfect"

Myacneexperience August 6, 2015

For Acne "I love ziana. Since I was 15 years old I experienced "zits on nose" their basically huge pimples that grow so big under your skin and stays their for about two weeks, this was the worst experience. Throughout the years I've tried so many medications but nothing worked. Now I'm 18, after 3-4 years of having zits on my nose continuously ziana is working with me and now my nose is how I wanted it to be, thank you ziana & thanks to my dermatologist."

Nayeli Nino June 28, 2015

For Acne "I am a teenager who experienced some mild/bad acne. I was prescribed Ziana Gel in Decemeber and I was very nervous to try this product. For about the first three weeks my acne was getting worse, as my dermatologist had predicted. After those first few weeks, my face started getting way better. By February, my face was clear with the occasional breakout, which was gone by the morning after putting medicine on it at night. At the beginning my face was oily but it got better after a few weeks. Honestly this medicine has changed my life! My one recommendation is to give it time, if you want your acne gone for good I would definitely recommend this product. If you use the tube sparingly it will last you about 6 months."

LGray12345 June 3, 2015

For Acne "I had a wonderful experience with Ziana. This is the only acne medication that didn't dry out my skin after using it. I thought I would never have a good experience with acne medications. Ziana is a smooth, moisturizing acne medication that leaves your skin feeling great. With a couple days the redness and swelling of my acne went down significantly. I don't see myself ever using another acne medication."

Karakw May 30, 2015

For Acne "I have minor acne and have recently been prescribed Ziana. I feel like my dermatologist just threw this at me and said "Hey, try this". After a week of using it my acne did not get better or worse it just stopped, but what really bugs me is that my skin got EXTREMELY oily, if you had saw my face you would have thought I just ran a goddamn marathon."

Jonahh May 16, 2015

For Acne "When i first started using Ziana, i only had acne in between my eyebrows, chin, and the nose area. My acne worsened while using it and then it got better. But after about 4 months of using it, it became ineffective. So i now have acne between my eyebrows, chin, cheeks, forehead, and the nose area. Its great at first but after a while it made my face even worse than before i used the product."

Ara24 March 9, 2015

For Acne "I'm a female in my mid 20s with mild acne, mostly around my jawline and occasionally right over my eyebrows. I was prescribes Ziana about a month ago by my dermatologist. I had previously been using Finacea. With Finacea, I still had the monthly 2-3 deep pimples that took weeks to completely go away. After starting Finacea, I have only had ONE pimple on my chin that went away in a few days. I did not experience the "purge" my dermatologist warned me about. That may be due to the monthly facials I have started to get, but I'm not sure. I have noticed a drastic difference in my breakouts and skin overall. I have not noticed a difference in my acne 'scars' or pink/reddish brown marks left from previous breakouts, but I will wait and see."

Haley12309 March 8, 2015

For Acne "I started seeing less acne appearing but it didn't get rid of any either and it made my skin extremely oily, like, if I got a paper towel and dab my face it would be clear"

H20 February 26, 2015

For Acne "I have nodule like hormonal acne only on my chin that started when I was around 21. I've tried a lot of medications and it seemed a short course of antibiotics or birth control were the only things that seemed to help. In October 2014 it got very inflamed and painful so I saw a dermatologist. She put me on Solodyn (antibiotic) for 3 months only and then Ziana gel. I will be honest, Ziana definitely makes your skin worse before it starts to make it better. The drying I experienced was minimal but it truly made my skin 'purge' like I had read it would. It got so bad and red that I wanted to cry and curse Ziana, however, after about 2.5 months it started to get better with no more breakouts. Just be patient!!"

SarahT0908 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2015

For Acne "My daughter age 14 had mild acne. This gel has worked miracles. It is crazy expensive but a small tube lasted 6 months. Made the skin a bit dry but worth the trade-off."

Mom of teenager (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 17, 2015

For Acne "When I turned 26 I began getting really bad, cystic acne on my chin/around my mouth. I would "pop" the cysts and cause all kinds of scabs/scars on my chin area. Finally I went to the dermatologist and she prescribed me Ziana. Let me just start of by saying this stuff is nothing short of a miracle. Within 2 weeks my face looks brand new again. I use it everyday. I went a few weeks without using it and the bumps began to come back%u2026 Also, a little bit goes a long way. I put a very thin layer on my face every night. I think some people may be putting too much on their face which is causing their skin to be oily (the Ziana is causing the oil to come out of your skin which is what is causing the acne anyway). Good luck!!"

Cassidilla November 11, 2014

For Acne "When my dermatologist first prescribed Ziana, it worked pretty well. I put in on at night along with taking Solodyn, an oral antibiotic, once a day. I saw improvement in my acne for about 1-2 months, but I think it's starting to wear off a little bit. But over all it worked pretty well."

Lo1 November 6, 2014