User Reviews for Cipro

Learn more about Cipro.

Cipro Review Summary

4.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Prostatitis.

Reviews for Cipro to treat Prostatitis

"Had allergic reaction after 4 pills. Hives, flushing, headache."

big baldy April 20, 2013

"On my fifth day of Cipro and Flomax, age 19 with severe prostatitis. Feeling very dizzy and light headed. Anxiety attacks for 30 seconds but then go away. Hopefully by the second or third week I start to feel better!"

Tyler Dubinski (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2013

"Very discouraged after taking 10 days of Sulfa and 2 weeks of Doxycycline that my family doctor prescribed. Symptoms got better but never went away. Went to a Urologist and he said his first choice is definitely Cipro. Also said that Doxy is a "static" drug and WILL NOT kill the bacteria, it will only stop replication. Cipro kills it. I've also searched the web up and down for answers and almost all say it takes 4-6 weeks of taking a Cipro related drug. Finishing up week 6 of Cipro and all my symptoms are GONE and feel normal again! Going to take another week to be on the safe side. Give this time to work...it's not an overnight fix. Frustrating, but true. Also, no side effects either."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2012

"Well I am 34 and have had prostatitis a few times. I have tried Doxy, Cipro and E-Mycin. The first time I took Cipro it gave me bad anxiety and the feeling of elevated pulse so my doctor switched me to Doxy which had helped me in the past. The Doxy has the least amount of side effects if you are taking for 3-4 weeks. Cipro is the stronger drug and probably will work better for prostatitis but the side effects if you get them are pretty brutal. The last time I took it in a ditch effort it gave me leg cramps and foot pain, so that was a red flag because of the black box warning. So I guess its back to Doxy. All drugs have side effects but if its was a life or death deal I would take the Cipro."

Anonymous July 9, 2011

"Cipro cleared up my prostatitis with no side effects."

Anonymous July 1, 2011

"I went from prostatitis to tendonitis. This medicine has certainly cured my prostatitis, but my knee joints and ankle joints have been aching. "

Anonymous June 13, 2011

"I took 3 week course of Cipro for prostatitis. At first, I felt much better but as the treatment continued the symptoms seemed to return. "

Anonymous August 20, 2010

"I took this medicine for 2 months straight. The condition fluctuated, but for the most part improved. After 2 months I stopped taking it and symptoms returned. "

Anonymous August 12, 2010

"I took Cipro for a month and felt improvement, but 10 days after completing my script, the symptoms have returned. I am also on Bactrim and am hopeful to get this resolved."

Miquel401 May 4, 2010

"Was on Cipro for 30 days. After 21 days my condition started to improve. After medication was gone my condition returned full force. Doctor put me on Bactrim DS. Hopefully it will work."

Anonymous December 11, 2009

"No side effects, unfortunately it didn't cure my condition. Now on doxcycline, hopefully that cures this wicked infection."

55TOM October 28, 2009