Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Wellbutrin

Learn more about Wellbutrin.

Major Depressive Disorder 1 reviews 44 medications

Depression 183 reviews 75 medications

7.5
Summary of Wellbutrin reviews 184 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Wellbutrin

Review by deelooted (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: Taking 300mg Wellbutrin XR, and it is already working after only one week. I have good energy, and do not feel like hiding in my room anymore. It gives me a floating feeling a little bit, but absolutely tolerable compared to the horrible depression I was experiencing. I am bipolar, and have experienced no mania at all. I am grateful for this med!

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 12, 2013 11:48 AM
Review by MiamiGirl25: User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: I am a 25 year old woman and started taking this 6 days ago along with clonazepam for anxiety. 300 mg of Bupropion once a day (mornings) and clonazepam twice a day (once in the morning and once in the evening). I have to say that...so far THIS ROCKS. I was suffering from depression, obsessive thoughts, anxiety and panic attacks for months. I stopped taking Zoloft after a year because I gained 60 lbs on it. Now with Wellbutrin, I have no side effects except loss of appetite and more energy. I feel more energetic, happy (almost "giddy") and hopeful for the future. My anxiety and depression was debilitating and this saved my life. I can't wait till the full effects kick in. 6 days in and I feel the difference.

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 7, 2013 4:54 PM
Review by Stevasaurus: User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: Going in and out of depressed feelings weekly.

July 27, 2013 12:02 PM
Review by AnonInCA: User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: I just took the first 100mg pill a few hours ago and I feel different. I feel almost normal. I'm not thinking about being depressed and my energy is almost back to normal. No antidepressant, antipsychotic or mood stabilizer has ever done that! If this feeling keeps up or gets better, I don't know what I'll do. I'll probably cry tears of joy. Is this what normal people feel like?

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 18, 2013 7:33 PM
Review by allan42 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: I was on 150mg then the doctor increased my dose too 300mg. Now I feel like my brain was left at Walmart while my body went home. I hope it gets better.

July 14, 2013 8:44 PM
Review by JoeyDQ: User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: This really is a miracle. After trying SSRI's and having all of the side effects with no relief, Wellbutrin has truly helped me with no side effects except weight loss (which I'm not complaining about). I take it for both depression and ADD and it does wonders with my mood and concentration. I was also able to quit smoking without a struggle. Thanks, Wellbutrin.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 11, 2013 11:31 AM
Review by KimNikkiN (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: I went on Wellbutrin in addition to escitalopram to combat my anxiety/depression. The escitalopram had treated my anxiety pretty well, but was not doing much for my depression. Within 2 weeks of adding this medications, I started to once again have severe panic attacks. I stuck with the medication for 5 more weeks before I just couldn't stand to be on it any longer.

June 25, 2013 8:33 PM
Review by kitrastafara (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: This is just awesome! Tried different antidepressants, but Wellbutrin really worked after 1.5 weeks. I'm so happy now after 5 years of depression!

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 25, 2013 6:40 AM
Review by CaseyT: User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: Was taking 20mg of Prozac which worked pretty good. Have taken Adderall in the past for ADD and asked my doctor about it again. He suggested I take Wellbutrin. Been on it for 2 weeks and I really noticed a difference. I actually feel great! 300mg XL. Side effects are minimal. I did feel like a zombie the first and second day. The third day I had the giggles. But, things started to even out after that. It wasn't anything terrible. It is a little bit harder to go to sleep at night however, I've never been a good sleeper. And, dry mouth is kind of bad. Other than that no anxiety depression. Haven't noticed anything about my ADD yet. I'll give it a couple more weeks.

June 8, 2013 5:55 PM
Review by c3llardoor: User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: This medicine really works for me and has really improved my quality of life and perspective on things. I'm 18 and I have been on this for a little over 6 months and I would say the only bad side effect is dry mouth, but if you just drink a lot of water you'll be fine. I like it because it has helped me stop "binge" eating, I don't have cravings for food or cigarettes anymore, I completely stopped smoking. I'm never tired anymore, Wellbutrin definitely gives you energy in a good way. Sex drive is completely normal and I still have normal emotions unlike when I was on Celexa or Prozac where I felt so emotionless. I lost 20lbs but I am healthy and fit and a lot happier with myself.

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 16, 2013 3:25 PM
Review by SecondTryOnWellbutrin: User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: This is a really interesting medication based on the wide variety of experiences people have taking it. One person here said they constantly forgot things and had thoughts of death *before* taking Wellbutrin, whereas those are the symptoms I have *after* as side effects of Wellbutrin! Also, I did have immediate success with this exact same medication dosage around 9 years ago (was on it for 3 years until it got less and less effective and I quit). This time, I've only gotten those negative side effects I mentioned. My doctor says give it 6 weeks, but it's been 4 and no benefit at all. Strange. Apparently, Wellbutrin's effectiveness can change over time even for the same person!

May 13, 2013 9:43 PM
Review by Piano Legs (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: I am a 53 year old prostate cancer survivor (radical prostatectomy and adjuvant radiation treatment) with depression/anxiety. I started on 150mg of Wellbutrin 6 months ago. Recently started having major depression/anxiety feelings about work. I am now taking 150mg twice a day and I feel great. I cannot believe the difference in my mood from dismal depression to optimism. I also quit smoking and drinking. I've been doing the South Beach diet with moderate exercise (30-40 minutes walking on treadmill) and have lost 20 pounds, but I was about 100 pounds overweight so I have a long way to go. I am just a few days into the 150mg twice a day regimen, but the results with respect to mood change have been remarkable.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 12, 2013 7:24 AM
Review by Alex B (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: I have had fatigue problems with Celexa. I have been on Celexa for about 2-3 years and only recently (2-3 months ago) my doctor recommended I try Wellbutrin. I rated this drug 8 out of 10 because I was having lots of problems with motivation and energy. I can proudly say I am "Stable" because of this medicine. I even started an online course. Thanks!

May 1, 2013 2:16 PM
Review by Female, 35 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: I've been on Wellbutrin for a year and a half now. I had been reluctant to admit I was depressed even though I was miserable. I was rude and snappish with everyone, unhappy with myself and just wanted to die. Then I started Wellbutrin. Immediately, those thoughts in my head about what an awful person I was stopped. When I consciously tried to think about them again, I couldn't do it without my brain also coming up with all the reasons those negative thoughts were ridiculous and untrue. The only side effect I noticed was lack of appetite but that went away after about three weeks. This medicine works really well for me. I feel so much more like myself.

152 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 16, 2013 12:11 PM
Review by cour58 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: One week one, 100 mg week two, 200 mg half way into third week, diarrhea, feel hungover, only sleeping 3 to 4 hours a night, horrible anxiety like something bad is going to happen, getting angry at just about anything. This medication isn't for me.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 12, 2013 9:14 AM
Review by Mrs. Elvis (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: I had trouble with anxiety and having a "short fuse". I thought about death constantly and had trouble remembering things. In short I suffered from depression. I was horrible to my coworkers, family, and friends. I have never taken an antidepressant before. I have been taking Wellbutrin for 5 days and I can say that I feel better. I have energy, although I have noticed some heart palpitations...nothing worth seeing a Dr about. I have a decreased appetite but just slight nausea. I am in a better mood and seem to be able to let things that used to bother me just slide by. I do not feel like a zombie at all. I smile more and cry less. That's exactly what I was hoping for. I am a 45 year old woman.

167 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 7, 2013 10:51 AM
Review by jaf123456: User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: I'm a 19 year old college female. I was struggling with anxiety and depression for about six months and went on Zoloft in December 2012. It made me even more depressed, even though it helped with the anxiety. Zoloft also made me a zombie (napping for hours during the day, no motivation to socialize, no motivation to do schoolwork, nothing). I went off it about a month ago and switched to 150mg of Wellbutrin daily. I noticed a difference the FIRST day. It gave me the energy/positivity I have been lacking for months and I finally am starting to feel like myself again. I recommend it to anyone who Zoloft didn't work for or who needs that extra boost to come out of a fog.

139 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 1, 2013 11:58 AM
Review by saskgirly22 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: Best medication ever. I quit smoking and am loving life!

March 25, 2013 11:55 AM
Review by Jason4851 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: Helped me with alcohol, opioid and Adderall addictions. Keeps me focused and takes all depression symptoms away. Highly recommended for people with alcohol and substance abuse issues.

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 20, 2013 2:00 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: I have been on Wellbutrin SR 100 mg 2x/day for 5 months and it has helped me a lot. I have panic disorder, agoraphobia, and major depression. It has drastically improved my ability to go out and do things. My thoughts don't get stuck on anything that could potentially make me anxious (for the most part). I also take Zoloft 100 mg until a month ago 75 mg and a couple of days ago down to 50 mg. I can tell the Wellbutrin and Zoloft decrease is adjusting. I was reluctant to take it because of the panic but it has actually helped with that. I'm not fully recovered however, as I still fear driving alone and being too far from a support person. I would generally recommend it, although it is a bit expensive without insurance.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 5, 2013 1:42 AM
Review by beedoose (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: I took 150 mg Wellbutrin XR (bupropion) for about three or four years. My doc upped the medicine to 300 mg and with that came a twitching side effect. This side effect actually went unnoticed for a while but then it started becoming more pronounced with time. It only affected my face which made it scarier. Stuttering, trouble swallowing, and Tourette-like uncontrollable movements on the right side of my face were some of my experiences. I have to say this medicine worked very well for me for a long time. I would even encourage others to use this medicine but everyone is different and the 300 mg dose just pushed my body over the edge.

March 1, 2013 11:50 AM
Review by chistoph (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: I took Wellbutrin for a couple months, eventually going up to 450 mg a day, and I think it did help a little bit but not a whole lot. From my experience, it would maybe be good for mild depression but I don't think its strong enough if you've been depressed for a long time period. I don't remember any side effects though except maybe a little loss of appetite.

January 29, 2013 10:55 PM
Review by JethroJ (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: This medication makes me feel weird like my brain is dehydrated, loss of appetite, constant headaches and a jittery feeling that was uncomfortable at times. Reduced smoking cravings and made smoking really gross. Had a few drinks on new years....bad idea, sick for days.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 24, 2013 1:37 PM
Review by Shannon1389 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: I am a dancer and for the past 5 years I have struggled with anorexia and bulimia. I began noticing signs of depression as early as 13. I felt hopeless, unloved, unworthy and extremely alone. After 5 years I decided that I needed to change. In the spring I got a bi-weekly therapist and saw a physician and got a prescription for Wellbutrin. Within two weeks the therapist herself determined that I would be fine and no longer needed therapy. I have not had one bulimic episode since. I went from leading a reclusive, regimented life to a fun-filled, exciting one. I made many new friends and went from feeling so low that no one could possibly love me to finding the love of my life. Get help; this medicine changed my life!

188 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 18, 2012 1:44 PM
Review by Laura S (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion) for Depression: I took Wellbutrin at first to quit smoking. This was last year. It really did help me quit smoking and that was great. I have to say DO NOT DRINK ON WELLBUTRIN because it made me black out and huge problems from this. After my bad experience drinking on Wellbutrin I stopped taking it. After reading these reviews again I have decided to get back on it and this time around I wont have a problem seeing as I quit drinking completely. I have been in denial for a ling time but I do suffer from severe depression and weight problems and I am praying that this time around I can stick to it and turn my life around. Thanks everyone for sharing your stories they are very inspiring!

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 10, 2012 11:11 PM