User Reviews for Wellbutrin

Learn more about Wellbutrin.

Major Depressive Disorder 13 reviews 44 medications

8.1
Depression 221 reviews 75 medications

7.6
Summary of Wellbutrin reviews 234 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Wellbutrin

For Depression "I was on Prozac and felt tired all the time, still depressed and no sex drive. I thought maybe the dose wasn't enough and I was going through menopause, but the doc put me on Wellbutrin. I'm with the person above, I cannot believe in one day I felt better. I thought it was in my head. I made phone calls I would avoid because of anxiety, I got things done instead of sleep and I felt so much happier next to my husband. Day two I woke up ready to start the day...completely the opposite of what I had been experiencing. Everyone is different and you just have to see what works for you. Prozac is in a different class and I just needed this antidepressant."

AAnonymous November 13, 2014

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Didnt work. Hit my anxiety to the max in just 4 days. "

ScaredCat November 3, 2014

For Depression "Didn't work. I was given on top of Remeron. It helps in away. But I needed some energy boost. Hoping Wellbutrin would work. All my anxiety and sucidal thoughts all hit me like a truck. Had to discontinue taking."

soyabean (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have Major Depressive Disoder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I've taken Zoloft, Paxil, Citalopram. I'm currently taking Wellbutrin 300XL, Cipralex 25mg. Cipralex only got me out of suicidal thoughts, but Wellbutrin healed my brain. When my psychiatrist first prescribed it to me, I couldn't afford it so I didn't fill my prescription. When she found out, she gave me some samples. Within a week I got motivation. I had forgotten how it felt to want to do things. My thoughts were more cheerful. I was able to laugh and joke. My PTSD paranoia went down. I began walking, quit smoking, went back to work, traveled, and met the love of my life. It made Me me again! I'm still taking it and will for as long as my brain needs it."

Niki9Door (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 27, 2014

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I am not a proponent of Big Pharma, and have always had to try to "deal" with my problems on my own. I have a really excellent diet, exercise, don't smoke, eat an organic diet - I'm just saying I really take care of myself. I have had anxiety (with a little bit of depression) all of my life. I was diagnosed with PTSD a few years ago, as I was having severe anxiety about being accepted into nursing school, and if I would be able to handle to stress and constant pressure, and I also have concentration problems. I have been off and on SSRIs, which have been nothing but terrible for me...Paxil, Zoloft, & Prozac, of which made me feel like a zombie. Wellbutrin is GOLD. Not tired, less irritable, not panicky. It has changed my life."

Anonymous October 25, 2014

248 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have major depressive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder. I've taken Prozac, which made me feel "weird", Lexapro, which made me a zombie, and then I finally went to a psychiatrist that prescribed me Wellbutrin. The only bad side effects that I have is increased worry/anxiety. He prescribed me Xanax, which only makes me sleepy, and I still have that worried/dread feeling. I went today and he prescribed me clonazepem and told me to try that because it has a longer effect than Xanax. Overall, Wellbutrin has definitely been the best for me as far as my depression goes...I'd rather be anxious than sad."

EEB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 21, 2014

For Depression "Well I am very pleased to tell you that I started Wellbutrin XL 150mg for depression and anxiety and I can honestly say that it is a miracle drug! I started feeling much better after just one day, I could not believe it. It has been 30 days now and I have not had even one side effect. My depression went away almost right away and the anxiety took a couple weeks. But 30 days later I feel completely myself again. This medication is definitely doing its job 100%."

KB80 October 6, 2014

234 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I just started taking this after being almost debilitated by mirtazapine. I don't know if for sure I have energy increase because of the Wellbutrin or because I quit taking mirtazapine. At any rate, I do feel better overall."

Lindylui October 4, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been taking 150mg for 2 weeks now. I felt the effects in just a few days. I have a lot of energy, and has increased my thirst. I've lost a few pounds. My only problem is sleep. I've been taking zolpidem for 3 years (5 mgs) and isn't helping much. I've taken a few other antidepressants in the past, and this has been the most effective."

Don't have one October 4, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I feel great and it has been only 3 days. I have battled with Major Depressive Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder starting treatment in 2006. When I came back to States I was in 4 hospitals for months treated by the best on 7-10 different medications at different times. I had ECT etc. For me all the medications did not do a thing for me but get suicidal thoughts and gained 60 pounds. One antidepressant medicine I was on for a few years was Lexapro. I was in Aruba and wanted to die. Through much thought and discussion, I weaned off of all the antidepressants. After 8 years just last week a Doctor said I never have been on Wellbutrin and put me on it. I have for the last few months been really down and out. Immediately I feel better. Took only 8 years. And wasted time in Hospital & ECT."

Weiner123 September 11, 2014

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I started this 4 weeks ago. I was originally on Paxil but I was tired of its side effects. My doctor switched me to Wellbutrin after also trying Cipralex, Effexor and Zoloft. It works great. I had almost no side effects when I started it (I did with every other medicine). It does increase anxiety for me though. Wellbutrin gives me more energy and makes me feel alive again. Because of the energy, I work out now which helps counter act the anxiety. It did not increase my sex drive BUT it made me normal. (Paxil made it so I wouldn't even let my husband touch me). I have lost the weight that Paxil made me gain and then some! I would recommend it to people for sure but if you have bad anxiety like I do, try being really active as well."

ddeeddee86 August 28, 2014

182 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been taking Wellbutrin for 10 months. I had 6 migraines in the first 10 days, but then the headaches stopped. I also had dry mouth for about a week when I started taking the 300 milligram tablet. After that, no side effects at all. Unfortunately, I have had no positive effects either. I feel as though I am taking a sugar pill. I am still dysthimic all the time and have had several depressive episodes lasting weeks since beginning this medication. I agreed to take it for a year, buy I don't see any improvement at all."

Always Depressed August 28, 2014

For Depression "I took Wellbutrin for about 8 years, it was wonderful, kept me motivated, optimistic, helped me lose a bunch of weight but I think it caused my tinnitus so I'm switching to Prozac."

Tinwest (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 19, 2014

For Depression "It's effective, and the side effects aren't that bad. Pros: - It works. - Hasn't caused weight gain. Cons: - I've noticed that since I started taking it my body temperature has been higher than normal, even if I'm not sick. - A few times it's made me act hyper. Not sure why, but my psychiatrist said I should be fine. Doesn't happen very often anymore. Notes: - Not to be taken by people with Bipolar disorder. If your doctor prescribes you this, make sure they are aware you're bipolar. Would I recommend? Yes."

am49 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2014

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Does not seem to help much. Doctor is reluctant to prescribe something different. Viibryd worked very well but I can't afford the copay."

ohio.mom (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2014

For Depression "I am on Day 3 and I am starting to notice some if not all of the effects. My mood is stabilising and I am finding my motivation returning to me. I need it for when I get into my doctoral program! I can find pleasure in things I enjoy again. I don't have overtly pessimistic and sad thoughts as much. I'm not crying as much. Before I started taking this medicine I was not at rock bottom, but I did not want to feel like awful anymore. Depression is a real disease. The medications do help."

Katherys (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2014

135 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Really helped me recover from a horrid depression. This medication saved my life. It is a bit activating. At higher doses works as a great smoking cessation aid. LOVE IT."

Anonymous July 8, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have battled with Bipolar, depression for many years. And all my problems peaked now that I'm back from Afghanistan. Been on many different medicines through the years. I started taking Wellbutrin approximately 3 weeks ago. And it is now starting to take effect. The only reason it didn't get a higher score from me is because the medication just started to kick in and its not at its full effect. I work as a paramedic and have also dealt with many people with everything from bipolar to schizophrenia. Anyone that's been in this situation know that there is initial effects but the people who say it is working after a day or two are experiencing a placebo effect. These medicines affect chemicals in your brain. Therefore take time to take full effect. "

jay1367 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2014

For Depression "I've been taking Wellbutrin 150 SR every morning for 3 weeks now. I was on Zoloft for quite a while and experienced sexual side effects. I was willing to try something different and Wellbutrin seemed to have a good history of not affecting sexual drive. I've continued to go downhill since starting the Wellbutrin. I have no energy, feel the need to withdraw from interaction with people, feel unsteady at times, have depressing thoughts, and feel moments of sadness and start crying. I can't wait to be weaned of this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2014

For Depression "I was in a bad car accident 3 years ago and it tore up my already injured back. At first I relied on Cymbalta and narcotics to get through the pain. The narcotics lifted my mood and the Cymbalta did help with all other pain. Eventually the narcotic I was on (lortab) stopped working all together. I'm not a big fan of opiates for pain relief and would not have taken them had it not been my only choice to feel normal. (I couldnt even sit in my car for more than 15 mins without searing nerve pain).I accidently stumbled on a review that said Wellbutrin also helped with back pain. It has been the best thing that's happened to me. It has replaced both meds and I feel great! Cymbalta was horrible to come off of, Lortab not so much but think I was just lucky."

muchbetter79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2014

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I started taking Wellbutrin 150mg one week ago. I suffer from mild depression, but I feel like I am going through a rough patch in my marriage/life and needed something to change. I exercise regularly, own a business and sleep well, but just didn't have that "get up and go" that I felt others had. So, my doctor had given me a prescription for Lexapro that had horrible side effects right off the bat. Heartburn, insomnia, and this kind of stressed out feeling that made me VERY uncomfortable. My doc gave me a new prescription for Wellbutrin and I take it the moment I wake up each morning. I feel Happy, Energetic and Ready to tackle the day. No insomnia, but I do have a reduced appetite. This may be just the ticket!"

HappyDays73 June 16, 2014

184 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Cipralex seemed to be my lifeline for the first 4 yrs....the last 4 years was another story. It seemed to have really assisted with my sluggish, tired and empty feelings. I actually felt so consumed with depression and anxiety and stress over weight-gain this last year. Now, against my doctors wishes I have weaned myself off 20mg in a month. I've asked her to help wean me off numerous times. Instead, I would be told its not the right time....ie: going through divorce, custody battle, deaths in the family or financial hardships. So I put up my dukes and went for it. Mind you, she added Wellbutrin to my mornings 9 months ago. I am positive that it has helped with my withdrawal symptoms. A big cry baby...but I'm sure that will settle itself."

Lizzarrd June 13, 2014

For Depression "So far, so good but only been on this medication for a week."

Frody June 12, 2014

For Depression "Wellbutrin is amazing. Prior to Wellbutrin I was put on Zoloft, Prozac and Valdoxan, all which either killed my sex drive, did nothing or made me too sleepy to function. For 2 years I stupidly went off medication and just thought everything in life was crap, and probably said somethings I regret to people. Eventually it came to the point where was failing at work and angry at everyone. The ADHD medication I was taking also worsened my depression. Come Wellbutrin, I have been on it for around two months and I feel great. I have energy, more motivation, increased libido and I feel content, although I still get the moments. Also I have lost more than 5 pounds without dieting or exercising."

winningatlife (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2014

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I tried a couple different SSRI's and found that most of them gave me bad side effects and made me feel empty, so when I heard about Wellbutrin I asked my doctor if I could try it. It's one of the few that also doesn't give you a decreased sex drive. I was a bit scared after hearing some of the negative reviews, but this medication works wonders for me. I have had no side effects at all and within a day I started feeling better. I would recommend this to anyone who hasn't had luck with SSRI's."

McLovin17734 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2014

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next