User Reviews for Wellbutrin

Learn more about Wellbutrin.

Major Depressive Disorder 14 reviews 46 medications

8.1
Depression 224 reviews 76 medications

7.6
Summary of Wellbutrin reviews 238 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Wellbutrin

For Depression "When first taking Wellbutrin, my mouth became really dry, I got a few weird headaches, and I felt some physical numbness when I touched my skin; However, after a month the symptoms were almost non-existent and my depression and anxiety improved drastically. Also, my doctor prescribed it to me to help with ADD/ADHD. I noticed that my focus was also better. This may be simply because anxiety can cause you to lack attention and it fixed the anxiety, but either way it worked great for me."

JaseyRae (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2014

161 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm male, 54 years old and weigh about 180 LBS. The first time I tried Wellbutrin, it was 150mg twice a day. It was too much for me. Side effects: Jitters, hyperactive, constant bouncing of knee when sitting, clenching teeth, weight loss, tinnitus, insomnia, dull headache in back of head. I decided to quit Wellbutrin but recently resumed using it. I only take 75mg in the morning (5 AM) then 75mg at 11 AM. They are the "SR" type. I will continue using this dose until my body adjusts and then I may up the dose to 150 twice a day. For me, starting at 300mg a day was far too much. I believe starting lower, I will be able to remain on this."

BrianAZ November 20, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and have also suffered the loss of my family. I had 5 major surgeries in one year and have attempted suicide several times. I've been on a variety of meds and have watched my weight balloon from 140 to 240lbs because of these medicines. Am I better because of Wellbutrin maybe at first and it is easier to move my life along. Side effects, itching that drives me nuts, no sex drive, I've only been able to drop 40lbs, can't sleep, agitated really easy over stupid stuff, cry at the smallest thing. Yes, I still have days I don't want to get out of bed but after a while I finally do. No suicide thoughts right now which is good."

Pinklady1 November 19, 2014

For Depression "I've been on Welbutrin (my first antidepression/anxiey med) 150mg once a day for about 7 weeks. Its good for those who emotionally eat. I've already lost 15 lbs because I don't have that feeling of hopelessness & it gives me no appetite. I have to force myself to eat for nutritional reasons. On the downside my insomnia is out of control & affecting many parts of my life. I also have experienced several itching fits after about a month & needed Benadryl to get some relief. Otherwise I would gave it a 10."

jttw November 18, 2014

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I was on Prozac and felt tired all the time, still depressed and no sex drive. I thought maybe the dose wasn't enough and I was going through menopause, but the doc put me on Wellbutrin. I'm with the person above, I cannot believe in one day I felt better. I thought it was in my head. I made phone calls I would avoid because of anxiety, I got things done instead of sleep and I felt so much happier next to my husband. Day two I woke up ready to start the day...completely the opposite of what I had been experiencing. Everyone is different and you just have to see what works for you. Prozac is in a different class and I just needed this antidepressant."

AAnonymous November 13, 2014

142 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Didnt work. Hit my anxiety to the max in just 4 days. "

ScaredCat November 3, 2014

For Depression "Didn't work. I was given on top of Remeron. It helps in away. But I needed some energy boost. Hoping Wellbutrin would work. All my anxiety and sucidal thoughts all hit me like a truck. Had to discontinue taking."

soyabean (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have Major Depressive Disoder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I've taken Zoloft, Paxil, Citalopram. I'm currently taking Wellbutrin 300XL, Cipralex 25mg. Cipralex only got me out of suicidal thoughts, but Wellbutrin healed my brain. When my psychiatrist first prescribed it to me, I couldn't afford it so I didn't fill my prescription. When she found out, she gave me some samples. Within a week I got motivation. I had forgotten how it felt to want to do things. My thoughts were more cheerful. I was able to laugh and joke. My PTSD paranoia went down. I began walking, quit smoking, went back to work, traveled, and met the love of my life. It made Me me again! I'm still taking it and will for as long as my brain needs it."

Niki9Door (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 27, 2014

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I am not a proponent of Big Pharma, and have always had to try to "deal" with my problems on my own. I have a really excellent diet, exercise, don't smoke, eat an organic diet - I'm just saying I really take care of myself. I have had anxiety (with a little bit of depression) all of my life. I was diagnosed with PTSD a few years ago, as I was having severe anxiety about being accepted into nursing school, and if I would be able to handle to stress and constant pressure, and I also have concentration problems. I have been off and on SSRIs, which have been nothing but terrible for me...Paxil, Zoloft, & Prozac, of which made me feel like a zombie. Wellbutrin is GOLD. Not tired, less irritable, not panicky. It has changed my life."

Anonymous October 25, 2014

259 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have major depressive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder. I've taken Prozac, which made me feel "weird", Lexapro, which made me a zombie, and then I finally went to a psychiatrist that prescribed me Wellbutrin. The only bad side effects that I have is increased worry/anxiety. He prescribed me Xanax, which only makes me sleepy, and I still have that worried/dread feeling. I went today and he prescribed me clonazepem and told me to try that because it has a longer effect than Xanax. Overall, Wellbutrin has definitely been the best for me as far as my depression goes...I'd rather be anxious than sad."

EEB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 21, 2014

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Well I am very pleased to tell you that I started Wellbutrin XL 150mg for depression and anxiety and I can honestly say that it is a miracle drug! I started feeling much better after just one day, I could not believe it. It has been 30 days now and I have not had even one side effect. My depression went away almost right away and the anxiety took a couple weeks. But 30 days later I feel completely myself again. This medication is definitely doing its job 100%."

KB80 October 6, 2014

240 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I just started taking this after being almost debilitated by mirtazapine. I don't know if for sure I have energy increase because of the Wellbutrin or because I quit taking mirtazapine. At any rate, I do feel better overall."

Lindylui October 4, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been taking 150mg for 2 weeks now. I felt the effects in just a few days. I have a lot of energy, and has increased my thirst. I've lost a few pounds. My only problem is sleep. I've been taking zolpidem for 3 years (5 mgs) and isn't helping much. I've taken a few other antidepressants in the past, and this has been the most effective."

Don't have one October 4, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I feel great and it has been only 3 days. I have battled with Major Depressive Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder starting treatment in 2006. When I came back to States I was in 4 hospitals for months treated by the best on 7-10 different medications at different times. I had ECT etc. For me all the medications did not do a thing for me but get suicidal thoughts and gained 60 pounds. One antidepressant medicine I was on for a few years was Lexapro. I was in Aruba and wanted to die. Through much thought and discussion, I weaned off of all the antidepressants. After 8 years just last week a Doctor said I never have been on Wellbutrin and put me on it. I have for the last few months been really down and out. Immediately I feel better. Took only 8 years. And wasted time in Hospital & ECT."

Weiner123 September 11, 2014

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I started this 4 weeks ago. I was originally on Paxil but I was tired of its side effects. My doctor switched me to Wellbutrin after also trying Cipralex, Effexor and Zoloft. It works great. I had almost no side effects when I started it (I did with every other medicine). It does increase anxiety for me though. Wellbutrin gives me more energy and makes me feel alive again. Because of the energy, I work out now which helps counter act the anxiety. It did not increase my sex drive BUT it made me normal. (Paxil made it so I wouldn't even let my husband touch me). I have lost the weight that Paxil made me gain and then some! I would recommend it to people for sure but if you have bad anxiety like I do, try being really active as well."

ddeeddee86 August 28, 2014

187 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been taking Wellbutrin for 10 months. I had 6 migraines in the first 10 days, but then the headaches stopped. I also had dry mouth for about a week when I started taking the 300 milligram tablet. After that, no side effects at all. Unfortunately, I have had no positive effects either. I feel as though I am taking a sugar pill. I am still dysthimic all the time and have had several depressive episodes lasting weeks since beginning this medication. I agreed to take it for a year, buy I don't see any improvement at all."

Always Depressed August 28, 2014

For Depression "I took Wellbutrin for about 8 years, it was wonderful, kept me motivated, optimistic, helped me lose a bunch of weight but I think it caused my tinnitus so I'm switching to Prozac."

Tinwest (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 19, 2014

For Depression "It's effective, and the side effects aren't that bad. Pros: - It works. - Hasn't caused weight gain. Cons: - I've noticed that since I started taking it my body temperature has been higher than normal, even if I'm not sick. - A few times it's made me act hyper. Not sure why, but my psychiatrist said I should be fine. Doesn't happen very often anymore. Notes: - Not to be taken by people with Bipolar disorder. If your doctor prescribes you this, make sure they are aware you're bipolar. Would I recommend? Yes."

am49 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2014

For Depression "Does not seem to help much. Doctor is reluctant to prescribe something different. Viibryd worked very well but I can't afford the copay."

ohio.mom (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2014

For Depression "I am on Day 3 and I am starting to notice some if not all of the effects. My mood is stabilising and I am finding my motivation returning to me. I need it for when I get into my doctoral program! I can find pleasure in things I enjoy again. I don't have overtly pessimistic and sad thoughts as much. I'm not crying as much. Before I started taking this medicine I was not at rock bottom, but I did not want to feel like awful anymore. Depression is a real disease. The medications do help."

Katherys (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2014

139 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Really helped me recover from a horrid depression. This medication saved my life. It is a bit activating. At higher doses works as a great smoking cessation aid. LOVE IT."

Anonymous July 8, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have battled with Bipolar, depression for many years. And all my problems peaked now that I'm back from Afghanistan. Been on many different medicines through the years. I started taking Wellbutrin approximately 3 weeks ago. And it is now starting to take effect. The only reason it didn't get a higher score from me is because the medication just started to kick in and its not at its full effect. I work as a paramedic and have also dealt with many people with everything from bipolar to schizophrenia. Anyone that's been in this situation know that there is initial effects but the people who say it is working after a day or two are experiencing a placebo effect. These medicines affect chemicals in your brain. Therefore take time to take full effect. "

jay1367 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2014

For Depression "I've been taking Wellbutrin 150 SR every morning for 3 weeks now. I was on Zoloft for quite a while and experienced sexual side effects. I was willing to try something different and Wellbutrin seemed to have a good history of not affecting sexual drive. I've continued to go downhill since starting the Wellbutrin. I have no energy, feel the need to withdraw from interaction with people, feel unsteady at times, have depressing thoughts, and feel moments of sadness and start crying. I can't wait to be weaned of this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2014

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I was in a bad car accident 3 years ago and it tore up my already injured back. At first I relied on Cymbalta and narcotics to get through the pain. The narcotics lifted my mood and the Cymbalta did help with all other pain. Eventually the narcotic I was on (lortab) stopped working all together. I'm not a big fan of opiates for pain relief and would not have taken them had it not been my only choice to feel normal. (I couldnt even sit in my car for more than 15 mins without searing nerve pain).I accidently stumbled on a review that said Wellbutrin also helped with back pain. It has been the best thing that's happened to me. It has replaced both meds and I feel great! Cymbalta was horrible to come off of, Lortab not so much but think I was just lucky."

muchbetter79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I started taking Wellbutrin 150mg one week ago. I suffer from mild depression, but I feel like I am going through a rough patch in my marriage/life and needed something to change. I exercise regularly, own a business and sleep well, but just didn't have that "get up and go" that I felt others had. So, my doctor had given me a prescription for Lexapro that had horrible side effects right off the bat. Heartburn, insomnia, and this kind of stressed out feeling that made me VERY uncomfortable. My doc gave me a new prescription for Wellbutrin and I take it the moment I wake up each morning. I feel Happy, Energetic and Ready to tackle the day. No insomnia, but I do have a reduced appetite. This may be just the ticket!"

HappyDays73 June 16, 2014

188 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next