User Reviews for Wellbutrin (Page 3)

Learn more about Wellbutrin.

Depression 271 reviews 79 medications

7.6
Major Depressive Disorder 26 reviews 47 medications

7.6
Summary of Wellbutrin reviews 297 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Wellbutrin

For Depression "Well I started at a 100mg dose and within 3 days it kicked in. I felt great...laughing again. ..cleaning the house again...friendly and chatty. No anxiety either. It was a lifesaver for me."

Sherry lachance (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2015

For Depression "It is hard to judge this drug with others since it is the only drug I have used. Having said that, it works. My focus is better while I do not experience the same racing heart beats when stressed, and I rush less. Best of all, I finally quit smoking and this drug helps immensely with that. I do not experience side effects, it helped to stablize my weight and enhanced sexual feelings. My doctor reassured me that it is safe and I can continue to take it. Most anti depressents are seratonin uptakes but this is a dopamine uptake. My theory is we lose dopamine with age."

Anonymous September 26, 2015

For Depression "I've been on wellbutrin for about a week now, though I feel better I don't sleep much I wake up every night right around 4 am and it's usually due to very vivid dreams. I am going to give it a 30 day try and see, I need my sleep. I still cry over small stuff and I started on 300mg."

Jane> September 25, 2015

For Depression "I was suffering from depression, anxiety and bad insomnia . I've tried so many meds from zoloft ( horrible drug) celexa and seraqual. So finally I went to my pcp and he prescribed Wellbutrin 150mg FIRST DAY anxiety was bad so I had to take seraqual to calm down also my hand swelled up. SECOND DAY anxiety was still high and I felt a little spaced out so I decided to call my doctor and he put me on 75 mg. THIRD DAY no symptoms. I'm now on FIFTH DAY no side effects I'm telling you this drug really helps. It's worth a shot to try and if it doesn't work switch medication. Don't be discouraged by other posts. Some peoples body just respond different. Iit didn't believe anything would ever help I've been putting myself through hell for a year. Glad I took it"

Alakanashia September 11, 2015

For Depression "This has worked wonders for me. I have been on it for just two weeks and it's amazing how different I felt by day 2. I was suffering with severe depression after a miscarriage and subsequent breakup and I couldn't dig myself out of a hole. I was dealing with that plus anxiety. I did experience an increase in my anxiety when the daily 150mg of Wellbutrin started to kick in so I started taking half of a .5mg of Xanax for a few days and now that feeling is gone. I still get sad but I haven't cried since I started the medication and being in a better mood is very motivating and makes me feel really good."

Barkersgirl (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2015

For Depression "I been on this medication for about a month it real does help. I take 100 mg in the morning and 100 mg at night. Where I work sometime you sweat but I've noticed that the sweating has increase a lot. That is the only problem I have."

Wessica225 September 3, 2015

For Depression "This medication gave me my life back. I could actually get out of my room and do life like a normal person but with a lot more energy than most people. This is definitely not for people with anxiety which is why I take it with buspar but my focus was extremely sharp, and I was able to just nail through daily tasks like a pro and feel really good about it!"

Leandre3452 September 1, 2015

For Depression "I started Wellbutrin about 2 and a half weeks ago and my anxiety and depression are worse. I am crying all the time, super anxious and can't relax. Has anyone else had this problem? I take 30mg Prozac and taking 150-225 mg Wellbutrin. I am scared to continue"

Help1231 August 31, 2015

For Depression "This isn't a "feel good" drug. But it certainly alleviated my depression. I love that it doesn't come with too interfering a side effects. My mood has certainly changed for the better."

Plen August 27, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Wellbutrin is probably the best antidepressant on the US market. It's best to start at > 75 MG a day to make sure you can tolerate it; there are many who this medicine does nothing for or causes anxiety or other health problems. Regardless of what they say; do check your liver and kidneys; it is more non-toxic than a lot of drugs but it does take a toll on your body over time. For me, nothing as of yet."

Alexander-X (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 23, 2015

For Depression "All I can say is Wellbutrin has substantially increased my quality of life. I was so scared about side effects that I waited years to try antidepressants. I was on Celexa and when that failed I was put on Zoloft which also did me no good. Wellbutrin not only brought me out of a deep depression it's caused me to be active and my weight is now in the normal range. I'm also more organized and positive than I've ever been. My family members who were initially against me taking Wellbutrin has changed their opinion because they see me enjoy life again."

CanlasT August 20, 2015

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Great medication. Prescribed after job loss and bad breakup. After laying on the cohch for two months socially isolated, I gabe it a try and it certainly has helped me see the brighter side of things and begin to find new motivation in life."

Nick77 July 29, 2015

For Depression "Y'all! -- I am one of these people who cannot say enough about bupropion! It has changed my life after only day 8. Such a subtle but powerful shift in perception and decrease in troublesome habits (smoking one of them, but also irrational anxiety getting on train, rushing down the street for no reason, rushing through dinner) has decreased by drinking, made me less weighed down. There are side effects the first few days but they will go away! Stick with it and you won't regret it ~"

Skargardande2 July 19, 2015

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I've been on Prozac for about 20 years and it's been a lot of help but at age 68 I found myself wanting to nap a lot more and my motivation decreasing. I switched to Wellbutrin and once the therapeutic dose was established I began to feel better within a week or two. I feel more energetic and yet more composed and at ease. I'm very pleased with this drug, not the least because my sex life has returned. I think my life would have been different if I'd started it 20 years ago."

graphicsgeezer (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2015

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I spent a lot of time reading reviews and it took me awhile to even start the medication but I finally said screw it I'll try it. After reading the reviews most people said they felt better almost right away so after 2 months when I still wasn't feeling great I started to get nervous. Then 3 months approached and I started crying less and less and I actually got excited to do things again and by 4 months I feel great!! I'm so glad I stuck with it. If your depression is bad this really can take up to 3 months but don't give up! I did have to take buspar with it because I'm just naturally an anxious person and that helped with my anxiety and to balance it out. I now take 100mg of bupropion in am and 100mg in afternoon and it's just enough!"

Tay1313 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2015

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I took welbutrin 300xl for 8 years, but had decreased to 150mg about 2 years ago. I had been doing fine until I forgot my pills on a 4-day vacation. Since it was only 4 days I thought I would be ok, and I was until the evening of the 4th night. A situation occurred that definitely justified me being angry with one person, but I had a meltdown of epic proportions. Epic proportions and no one was safe from it. Again, I would have not been out of line for being angry; the situation unfortunately warranted anger, but I just flat out lost it. Scary. I've been back home and back on meds for 2 days. I still feel like I want to hurt someone, but I'm so exhausted I can barely move. I have no idea how long it will take me to shake this."

forgetfulgirl (taken for 10 years or more) May 12, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've had severe depression and increasing anxiety since I was 18 (23 soon going on 24 now!) but was only officially diagnosed last summer, a few months after I graduated college. I started taking Wellbutrin SR in September 2014, and eventually went up to 300 mg x day. At first it just gave me headaches, worsened my chronic insomnia, and gave me an immediate burst of way too much energy. Now I no longer experience any of these effects. One of my biggest issues before was total lack of motivation, but Wellbutrin has fixed this almost entirely. I'm actually able to leave the house now and I finally have a job that I enjoy going to and am actually able to focus on. I really wish I had started taking this sooner, but I'm glad I'm on it now."

orangetoday2313 May 8, 2015

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I'm 35, female, I took Wellbutrin December to May this year to treat major OCD, depression and ADD. The main effects I experienced: Slight decrease in depression/OCD. Did not make me more social or "feel good" mood-wise. Easier to concentrate at work. Definitely increased ability to work hard and be more competitive and confident. Better able to stand up for myself and express what I want. Heightened sexual drive. However, I had 5-6 major anger out-bursts with people in my life, during this time. Screamed at someone, slapped someone, yelled, wrote a nasty letter. I've never, ever in my life had anger issues. A friend experienced the same thing on Wellbutrin, with the anger. I'm currently decreasing my dose, and may go off the drug completely"

ADD girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2015

For Depression "I was diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety, as well as a bit of OCD regarding my weight well over 10 years ago, but started taking medication for it only 2 years ago. I'm on Wellbutrin again, after a year or so off of it, for about 6 days now and I haven't felt much of a positive change whatsoever, unfortunately. The one side effect I've been getting are extreme migraines. I suffer from chronic migraines anyway, but they're never usually this bad, every day. I'm not sure if it's because I'm still coming off of the Zoloft, while starting up the Wellbutrin. Zoloft gave me awful headaches, and major weight gain along with some insomnia. I'm sticking it out and hoping that the migraines go away. I have been nauseous daily also."

jmmacfarlane April 15, 2015

For Depression "Go to Costco and sign up for their prescription program. Unbelievable difference in cost in comparison to other pharmacies. This medication saved my life."

Life changing! April 14, 2015

For Depression "Been on this med for about 6 days now. I definitely notice that I feel better. I have taken Zoloft, celexa, and viibryd. Viibryd was the only one that actually seemed to help me but the effects wore off after a few months. Wellbutrin has by far been the most effective."

Anonymous March 21, 2015

For Depression "Taken all types of anti depressants. None worked until a friend mentioned Wellbutrin. Started off on 150mg SR generic brand. Anxiety increased, smoking decreased, sex drive moderate, no change in weight or additional side effects. After two yes doctor finally prescribed 24 hr Wellburtin. Taking name brand. Day 2 & WOWWWWW. Im feeling fabulous. I have Valium in case for emergency anxiety attacks. But I honestly believe this is a winner"

Anew2015 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 18, 2015

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "First day sucked, and most of the second day sucked... I got home from work and was sitting on the couch watching pbs thinking about how much I hate tv, when I started to feel really good about watching it.. I liked the people in it and was interested in what was being said. It was obvious it had kicked in. As far as negatives I have a slight ringing in my ears... and I'm taking 150mg XL and I can only feel it working for about 6 hours. Maybe I'll have to up my dose or take another dose later. 25yr old male. Cheers!"

Dan the Man! (Kyle) (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Coming from a very problematic childhood, I've been labeled everything from A to Z by psychiatrists and given a slew of meds. Wellbutrin in my experience has been beyond beneficial. At first for the first week or two I had slight tremors, irregular heartbeat, major insomnia and headaches but dismissed. I still have slight insomnia which is why I take them when I wake up. But reading comprehension, multitasking, thought focus and moods overall have dramatically improved! I'm one of those people that may have to take them for the rest of my life but I'm not complaining =). One thing that does bother me tho is dry mouth from wellbutrin but I take biotene which helps a bit. Enough to make it worth it anyways lol."

Reppy07 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 6, 2015

For Depression "My depression was primarily characterized by hopelessness and lack of motivation, and within weeks of starting Wellbutrin, I experienced dramatic changes in my mood and mindset. I often forget that I even take Wellbutrin because it has given me no side effects and has only made me feel the way I was always supposed to feel. This drug is definitely worth a try; even if it doesn't work so effectively for everyone, the potential for a negative experience is very low compared to that of other antidepressants."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 12, 2015

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next