User Reviews for Wellbutrin

Learn more about Wellbutrin.

Major Depressive Disorder 2 reviews 44 medications

8.5
Depression 193 reviews 75 medications

7.5
Summary of Wellbutrin reviews 195 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Wellbutrin

Review by cour58 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: One week one, 100 mg week two, 200 mg half way into third week, diarrhea, feel hungover, only sleeping 3 to 4 hours a night, horrible anxiety like something bad is going to happen, getting angry at just about anything. This medication isn't for me.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 12, 2013 9:14 AM

Review by Mrs. Elvis (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I had trouble with anxiety and having a "short fuse". I thought about death constantly and had trouble remembering things. In short I suffered from depression. I was horrible to my coworkers, family, and friends. I have never taken an antidepressant before. I have been taking Wellbutrin for 5 days and I can say that I feel better. I have energy, although I have noticed some heart palpitations...nothing worth seeing a Dr about. I have a decreased appetite but just slight nausea. I am in a better mood and seem to be able to let things that used to bother me just slide by. I do not feel like a zombie at all. I smile more and cry less. That's exactly what I was hoping for. I am a 45 year old woman.

178 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 7, 2013 10:51 AM

Review by jaf123456:

For Depression: I'm a 19 year old college female. I was struggling with anxiety and depression for about six months and went on Zoloft in December 2012. It made me even more depressed, even though it helped with the anxiety. Zoloft also made me a zombie (napping for hours during the day, no motivation to socialize, no motivation to do schoolwork, nothing). I went off it about a month ago and switched to 150mg of Wellbutrin daily. I noticed a difference the FIRST day. It gave me the energy/positivity I have been lacking for months and I finally am starting to feel like myself again. I recommend it to anyone who Zoloft didn't work for or who needs that extra boost to come out of a fog.

146 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2013 11:58 AM

Review by saskgirly22 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: Best medication ever. I quit smoking and am loving life!

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 25, 2013 11:55 AM

Review by Jason4851 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: Helped me with alcohol, opioid and Adderall addictions. Keeps me focused and takes all depression symptoms away. Highly recommended for people with alcohol and substance abuse issues.

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2013 2:00 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have been on Wellbutrin SR 100 mg 2x/day for 5 months and it has helped me a lot. I have panic disorder, agoraphobia, and major depression. It has drastically improved my ability to go out and do things. My thoughts don't get stuck on anything that could potentially make me anxious (for the most part). I also take Zoloft 100 mg until a month ago 75 mg and a couple of days ago down to 50 mg. I can tell the Wellbutrin and Zoloft decrease is adjusting. I was reluctant to take it because of the panic but it has actually helped with that. I'm not fully recovered however, as I still fear driving alone and being too far from a support person. I would generally recommend it, although it is a bit expensive without insurance.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 5, 2013 1:42 AM

Review by beedoose (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: I took 150 mg Wellbutrin XR (bupropion) for about three or four years. My doc upped the medicine to 300 mg and with that came a twitching side effect. This side effect actually went unnoticed for a while but then it started becoming more pronounced with time. It only affected my face which made it scarier. Stuttering, trouble swallowing, and Tourette-like uncontrollable movements on the right side of my face were some of my experiences. I have to say this medicine worked very well for me for a long time. I would even encourage others to use this medicine but everyone is different and the 300 mg dose just pushed my body over the edge.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2013 11:50 AM

Review by chistoph (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I took Wellbutrin for a couple months, eventually going up to 450 mg a day, and I think it did help a little bit but not a whole lot. From my experience, it would maybe be good for mild depression but I don't think its strong enough if you've been depressed for a long time period. I don't remember any side effects though except maybe a little loss of appetite.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2013 10:55 PM

Review by JethroJ (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: This medication makes me feel weird like my brain is dehydrated, loss of appetite, constant headaches and a jittery feeling that was uncomfortable at times. Reduced smoking cravings and made smoking really gross. Had a few drinks on new years....bad idea, sick for days.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2013 1:37 PM

Review by Shannon1389 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I am a dancer and for the past 5 years I have struggled with anorexia and bulimia. I began noticing signs of depression as early as 13. I felt hopeless, unloved, unworthy and extremely alone. After 5 years I decided that I needed to change. In the spring I got a bi-weekly therapist and saw a physician and got a prescription for Wellbutrin. Within two weeks the therapist herself determined that I would be fine and no longer needed therapy. I have not had one bulimic episode since. I went from leading a reclusive, regimented life to a fun-filled, exciting one. I made many new friends and went from feeling so low that no one could possibly love me to finding the love of my life. Get help; this medicine changed my life!

193 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 18, 2012 1:44 PM

Review by Laura S (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I took Wellbutrin at first to quit smoking. This was last year. It really did help me quit smoking and that was great. I have to say DO NOT DRINK ON WELLBUTRIN because it made me black out and huge problems from this. After my bad experience drinking on Wellbutrin I stopped taking it. After reading these reviews again I have decided to get back on it and this time around I wont have a problem seeing as I quit drinking completely. I have been in denial for a ling time but I do suffer from severe depression and weight problems and I am praying that this time around I can stick to it and turn my life around. Thanks everyone for sharing your stories they are very inspiring!

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2012 11:11 PM

For Depression: I was first prescribed Pristiq and found it to seriously affect my interest in sex. I was then switched to Wellbutrin. I have been on this medication for 2 months now. At first I had severe headaches and almost gave up. I'm glad I didn't because I am feeling much better. I do find it hard to sleep some nights but hopefully that too will pass. I also feel nausea occasionally. My moods seems much better, negative thoughts creep up but quickly go away and I feel more content. I am currently on 150 mg.

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2012 12:29 AM

For Depression: Nausea and a lot of sweating but works well. It keeps me wide awake.

December 9, 2012 4:27 AM

For Depression: This drug was not for me. Its very stimulating. It made me aggresive, angry and irritable. It had several unpleasant side effect, like headache, heavy head, aggitation AND fatigue, strange shock sensations in the brain, loss of appetite, unwanted weight loss, insomnia, broken sleep, nightmares, trembling and dehydration. And with all that, it never lifted my mood at all. It made me completely dysphoric. I cried daily, screamed at my husband and kids and hated myself and my body so much I had thoughts of self-harm. In the past I have taken SSRIs and never experienced anything as negative as this. Although the sexual side effects on others were atrocious! That is one thing Wellbutrin didn't cause, sexual dysfunction. I am a 31 year old female.

December 3, 2012 1:17 AM

Review by momsnowbunny (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: This is the most amazing medication for depression! I have used it in the past, and am so glad to start back on it again. I have had so many bad things happen, that it is time for some good. I am grateful for the way it helps me see the bright side of life, instead of living so unhappily and feeling hopeless. If you have ever thought of suicide, please don't do it. I know this medicine helped me from doing it in my past, it's wonderful. Problems are temporary.

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 15, 2012 6:04 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: I take Wellbutrin for help with the management of stress and it works wonderfully! I used to be in a bad mood and very tired after work which was not good for my kids or husband. I take 100mg at 6:00 am and another 100mg at 2:00 pm and it makes a HUGE difference in my mood, energy level, and diminishes my cravings for chocolate. What I like the MOST is how I have energy ALL DAY LONG now. I used to be so tired all the time even though I was not depressed or sick. Now I have energy even after a long day of work. I must drink 50-60 ounces of water daily or I have bad muscle pain. But so long as I get in enough water I feel fabulous and definitely recommend this for others who have a hard time with stress and low energy levels.

November 2, 2012 1:20 PM

For Depression: I love this medicine. It has helped me stopped smoking plus it gives me much needed energy. No side effects.

October 11, 2012 6:53 PM

Review by carolar44 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Depression: I was doing great on Wellbutrin then my plan switched to a Generic. Within a week, I was back to serious depression.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 4, 2012 4:58 PM

Review by Ogo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Horrible side effects; irritability, headaches, malaise, did not help me with depression as a result.

September 23, 2012 4:05 PM

Review by Shayney (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I take Welbutrin XR, so it takes a couple to a few weeks to kick in and wear off. I didn't like it very much when I first started because it really didn't feel like anything changed for me. I never felt like I was on medication at all, I just felt normal. But I talked to my doctor about it, and he pretty much explained how that was exactly how it's supposed to be. So ever since then, I've been hopelessly devoted to my Welbutrin XR.

August 28, 2012 1:42 PM

Review by Sjom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Bupropion has restored my very far-gone faith in the entire concept of medicine for depression. It's not an acutely noticeable effect, I am not jumping for joy or smiling like an idiot but I am not depressed anymore. I still have kind of a sad life thanks to my mental health problems but I no longer feel like I need to kill myself in the near future, I don't cry, and my anxiety has become less severe. Prior to bupropion I had been on a ridiculously long list of other antidepressant medication (Including but not limited to: Fluoxetine, Citalopram, Venalfaxine, Mirtazapine) and benzodiazapines for anxiety (like, 4 different ones). These did NOTHING. But bupropion did, it's kind of amazing. I recommend it highly.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 23, 2012 6:33 PM

Review by quarkster73 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: When I first took it I thought it was great but after being on it awhile I got terrible headaches and if you ever got angry while on it my blood pressure went real high.

August 4, 2012 6:21 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I have been on it for less than a week. The first week is supposedly the hardest. I've had a lot of lightheaded effects and a bit of nausea and muscle twitching. The more I give it a chance, the better I feel. I changed it up the last couple days and started doing the 150mg pill in increments, half a pill twice a day. It makes me feel much more balanced. I dont ever remember me having this much self control. It's amazing.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2012 3:43 AM

Review by smw78 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Depression: I'm 33 years old. I've been on this medication for 6 years. My mood, temper and life in general are so much better. I went several years with depression that came on with postpartum. In a state of denial about my condition and not wanting to be labeled, I would not seek treatment. I wish I would have done so much sooner. I cannot say enough about Wellbutrin, it has changed my life. I deal with stress, death and everyday life of raising two teenagers now, which I firmly believe I could not have done without it. I have found you can be happy and would encourage people to get the mental help they need because medications like this one are life changing. I can also add side effects have not been an issue for me at all.

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 20, 2012 2:55 PM

Review by aana1144 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

25 year old female. I Love IT. I take 150 SR ONCE a day. I did TONS of research that completely contradicted the information that ONLY "300MG" and higher MG's treat depression. Dr's all over the country disagree, so if your having negative side effects from high dose than simply try a lower dose. If your body responds well to higher MG then stay on it. Another thing, I have read countless reviews that the first week or so is always the hardest, press through it (unless you are suicidal of course). I experienced BAD symptoms my 1st two weeks and then poof they subsided and I feel GREAT! Energy, positivity, increased libido, mental focus, NO weight gain and NO increased blood pressure. 150mg SR ONCE a day ROCKS.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2012 12:37 PM