User Reviews for Wellbutrin (Page 3)

Learn more about Wellbutrin.

Depression 252 reviews 77 medications

7.7
Major Depressive Disorder 23 reviews 46 medications

7.3
Summary of Wellbutrin reviews 275 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Wellbutrin

For Major Depressive Disorder "First day sucked, and most of the second day sucked... I got home from work and was sitting on the couch watching pbs thinking about how much I hate tv, when I started to feel really good about watching it.. I liked the people in it and was interested in what was being said. It was obvious it had kicked in. As far as negatives I have a slight ringing in my ears... and I'm taking 150mg XL and I can only feel it working for about 6 hours. Maybe I'll have to up my dose or take another dose later. 25yr old male. Cheers!"

Dan the Man! (Kyle) (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Coming from a very problematic childhood, I've been labeled everything from A to Z by psychiatrists and given a slew of meds. Wellbutrin in my experience has been beyond beneficial. At first for the first week or two I had slight tremors, irregular heartbeat, major insomnia and headaches but dismissed. I still have slight insomnia which is why I take them when I wake up. But reading comprehension, multitasking, thought focus and moods overall have dramatically improved! I'm one of those people that may have to take them for the rest of my life but I'm not complaining =). One thing that does bother me tho is dry mouth from wellbutrin but I take biotene which helps a bit. Enough to make it worth it anyways lol."

Reppy07 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 6, 2015

For Depression "My depression was primarily characterized by hopelessness and lack of motivation, and within weeks of starting Wellbutrin, I experienced dramatic changes in my mood and mindset. I often forget that I even take Wellbutrin because it has given me no side effects and has only made me feel the way I was always supposed to feel. This drug is definitely worth a try; even if it doesn't work so effectively for everyone, the potential for a negative experience is very low compared to that of other antidepressants."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 12, 2015

For Depression "I am a 35 year old woman, who has taken meds for 1/2 her life. I struggle with obsessive compulsive disorder, intrusive thoughts and overall depression. Wellbutrin.. I take 150mg a day. It has changed my life.. I have less obsessive thinking, more motivation and for some reason care way less about what people think."

struggler79 January 17, 2015

365 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Wellbutrin has saved my life. It's a miracle. About 6 months ago I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder and localized anxiety disorder. I was put on Lexapro, which didn't help much, and the side effects were awful; total loss of sex drive, bad headaches, and nightmares every night. Then, about 3 months ago they put me on 200mg of Wellbutrin daily and I started feeling better within a week. It was incredible! I am now happier than I have ever been. I feel like a new improved version of myself. My sex drive has drastically improved, but my appetite has not returned. In fact I have lost weight despite not changing my eating or exercising habits. Other than those I have no side effects."

BeckyP1111 January 13, 2015

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Wellbutrin SR 150s, which initially had positive outcomes on my depression, probably the best I've tried, and I've tried a lot the past years. It took a bit to get the optimal dose. At 300 mg it was causing a cascade of side effects, anxiety, palpitations, sweating. Doc helped me back down to 100 mg with no side effects. The depression is just as gone as the initial 300 mg. Wellbutrin also developed a positive outcome in mere days - a major plus."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2015

166 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I've been struggling with depression and anxiety/panic attacks since I was a kid. I'm now 36. I tried every antidepressant they threw at me from Celexa to Zoloft. None of them worked and came with side effects I couldn't handle. Weight gain and loss of sexual function. When my psychiatrist suggested Wellbutrin I was afraid of more side effects, but I was desperate. I also take Valium and Klonopin for my anxiety so I'm not sure if those might mask any increased anxiety, but I have to say, I noticed a difference the first day. I take 200mg SR in the morning and I've got more energy and almost no interest in smoking, which is a bonus. It's only been a week but I feel an improvement every day. I think I finally found the right one."

darkdestiny January 7, 2015

160 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Before starting Wellbutrin I was so depressed, crying all the time, no motivation, no energy, no ability to make decisions or follow through with them, no desire to go anywhere. I've been taking Wellbutrin for about 3 weeks and within a 5 days I was noticing a difference. The crying has stopped, I'm more motivated, I have more energy and I'm making decisions I couldn't before. I have been active, forcing myself to go to the gym but now I'm more eager to go. Wellbutrin has made a huge difference for me."

jkn1416 January 1, 2015

307 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on bupropion for about a year, 150mg taken every morning. I noticed a difference on day 2. Everything was just normal. Not bad normal, but good normal, like you woke up after having a really good sleep - and like a weight or pressure has been lifted. It's really hard to describe. Everything seems better. I kid you not. Music sounds clearer, looking around outside, it looks clearer...like I am out of a fog. So...I tried an experiment while I went on vacation. Didn't take anything for 2 weeks. My mood slowly returned to negative. Little things ticked me off, that shouldn't have. I decided to go back on. Same effect on the next day, mood lifted. It gives me slight insomnia, but also takes away some appetite. Great."

depressed no more (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2014

228 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Recently I retired from public safety. I should have been happy and content to have a lot of free time. My friends all said I looked rested and better than I had in years. What they did not know is how depressed I was and how much I missed the work and my work friends. Reluctantly my doctor prescribed Bupropion HCL 150 mg for seven days then 300 mg daily in the AM. After the first day, I was already feeling better. I just finished the first two weeks and I'm feeling so much better. Occasionally I still have negative thoughts. Side effects include anxiety and an elevated BP. I'm happy with the results and believe the medication has taken me away from the edge. I will post updates periodically."

ChiefChuck December 5, 2014

178 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I suffer from major anxiety to the point where it feels like my chest is going to crush itself from the tension. I also have tendencies to get panic attacks at random times along with a feeling a doom and gloom ever hanging over my head. While I never reached a point of suicidal thoughts I did have weeks and sometimes months of listlessness where I didn't want do anything, see anyone, or be anywhere. I felt like nothing mattered. After being on Wellbutrin I am happy to say these incidents haven't occurred again . Unlike other medicines I have tried in the past, this one has had zero personality effect. I feel like myself, the one who was always trying to bust out of the anxiety ridden zombie that I was."

Mädchen (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 4, 2014

193 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "My wife passed away and I went into a deep depression. I was put on Wellbutrin and told by my nurse it would be at least 4 weeks. In just 3 days and I was feeling great, clear headed, I smiled, I ate normally."

It Can Work Fast (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2014

229 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "When first taking Wellbutrin, my mouth became really dry, I got a few weird headaches, and I felt some physical numbness when I touched my skin; However, after a month the symptoms were almost non-existent and my depression and anxiety improved drastically. Also, my doctor prescribed it to me to help with ADD/ADHD. I noticed that my focus was also better. This may be simply because anxiety can cause you to lack attention and it fixed the anxiety, but either way it worked great for me."

JaseyRae (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2014

168 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm male, 54 years old and weigh about 180 LBS. The first time I tried Wellbutrin, it was 150mg twice a day. It was too much for me. Side effects: Jitters, hyperactive, constant bouncing of knee when sitting, clenching teeth, weight loss, tinnitus, insomnia, dull headache in back of head. I decided to quit Wellbutrin but recently resumed using it. I only take 75mg in the morning (5 AM) then 75mg at 11 AM. They are the "SR" type. I will continue using this dose until my body adjusts and then I may up the dose to 150 twice a day. For me, starting at 300mg a day was far too much. I believe starting lower, I will be able to remain on this."

BrianAZ November 20, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and have also suffered the loss of my family. I had 5 major surgeries in one year and have attempted suicide several times. I've been on a variety of meds and have watched my weight balloon from 140 to 240lbs because of these medicines. Am I better because of Wellbutrin maybe at first and it is easier to move my life along. Side effects, itching that drives me nuts, no sex drive, I've only been able to drop 40lbs, can't sleep, agitated really easy over stupid stuff, cry at the smallest thing. Yes, I still have days I don't want to get out of bed but after a while I finally do. No suicide thoughts right now which is good."

Pinklady1 November 19, 2014

For Depression "I've been on Welbutrin (my first antidepression/anxiey med) 150mg once a day for about 7 weeks. Its good for those who emotionally eat. I've already lost 15 lbs because I don't have that feeling of hopelessness & it gives me no appetite. I have to force myself to eat for nutritional reasons. On the downside my insomnia is out of control & affecting many parts of my life. I also have experienced several itching fits after about a month & needed Benadryl to get some relief. Otherwise I would gave it a 10."

jttw November 18, 2014

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I was on Prozac and felt tired all the time, still depressed and no sex drive. I thought maybe the dose wasn't enough and I was going through menopause, but the doc put me on Wellbutrin. I'm with the person above, I cannot believe in one day I felt better. I thought it was in my head. I made phone calls I would avoid because of anxiety, I got things done instead of sleep and I felt so much happier next to my husband. Day two I woke up ready to start the day...completely the opposite of what I had been experiencing. Everyone is different and you just have to see what works for you. Prozac is in a different class and I just needed this antidepressant."

AAnonymous November 13, 2014

153 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Didnt work. Hit my anxiety to the max in just 4 days. "

ScaredCat November 3, 2014

For Depression "Didn't work. I was given on top of Remeron. It helps in away. But I needed some energy boost. Hoping Wellbutrin would work. All my anxiety and sucidal thoughts all hit me like a truck. Had to discontinue taking."

soyabean (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have Major Depressive Disoder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I've taken Zoloft, Paxil, Citalopram. I'm currently taking Wellbutrin 300XL, Cipralex 25mg. Cipralex only got me out of suicidal thoughts, but Wellbutrin healed my brain. When my psychiatrist first prescribed it to me, I couldn't afford it so I didn't fill my prescription. When she found out, she gave me some samples. Within a week I got motivation. I had forgotten how it felt to want to do things. My thoughts were more cheerful. I was able to laugh and joke. My PTSD paranoia went down. I began walking, quit smoking, went back to work, traveled, and met the love of my life. It made Me me again! I'm still taking it and will for as long as my brain needs it."

Niki9Door (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 27, 2014

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I am not a proponent of Big Pharma, and have always had to try to "deal" with my problems on my own. I have a really excellent diet, exercise, don't smoke, eat an organic diet - I'm just saying I really take care of myself. I have had anxiety (with a little bit of depression) all of my life. I was diagnosed with PTSD a few years ago, as I was having severe anxiety about being accepted into nursing school, and if I would be able to handle to stress and constant pressure, and I also have concentration problems. I have been off and on SSRIs, which have been nothing but terrible for me...Paxil, Zoloft, & Prozac, of which made me feel like a zombie. Wellbutrin is GOLD. Not tired, less irritable, not panicky. It has changed my life."

Anonymous October 25, 2014

271 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have major depressive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder. I've taken Prozac, which made me feel "weird", Lexapro, which made me a zombie, and then I finally went to a psychiatrist that prescribed me Wellbutrin. The only bad side effects that I have is increased worry/anxiety. He prescribed me Xanax, which only makes me sleepy, and I still have that worried/dread feeling. I went today and he prescribed me clonazepem and told me to try that because it has a longer effect than Xanax. Overall, Wellbutrin has definitely been the best for me as far as my depression goes...I'd rather be anxious than sad."

EEB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 21, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Well I am very pleased to tell you that I started Wellbutrin XL 150mg for depression and anxiety and I can honestly say that it is a miracle drug! I started feeling much better after just one day, I could not believe it. It has been 30 days now and I have not had even one side effect. My depression went away almost right away and the anxiety took a couple weeks. But 30 days later I feel completely myself again. This medication is definitely doing its job 100%."

KB80 October 6, 2014

258 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I just started taking this after being almost debilitated by mirtazapine. I don't know if for sure I have energy increase because of the Wellbutrin or because I quit taking mirtazapine. At any rate, I do feel better overall."

Lindylui October 4, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been taking 150mg for 2 weeks now. I felt the effects in just a few days. I have a lot of energy, and has increased my thirst. I've lost a few pounds. My only problem is sleep. I've been taking zolpidem for 3 years (5 mgs) and isn't helping much. I've taken a few other antidepressants in the past, and this has been the most effective."

Don't have one October 4, 2014