Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin

Also known as: Acanya, Benzaclin, Duac, Z-Clinz 10, Z-Clinz 5

Learn more about Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin.

Acne 115 reviews 507 medications

8.2
Summary of Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin reviews 115 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin

Review by Makeup doll:

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I have SEVERELY oily skin! I mean I have to blot my face several times a day to literally keep from looking like I rubbed baby oil on my face! I used the medicine as a teen and it worked wonders! Now I'm 25 and my dermatologist says I still have the skin of a 16 yr old (the oil producing cells in your body are supposed to stop working as well as you age, which is the cause of wrinkles, but mine shows ZERO sign of slowing down) anyway, dermatologist put me on Tazorac which is supposed to fix that, worked ok for a few weeks but still super oily! I asked him for this medicine because I remembered it working so well for me! I've only been on it a week and WOW I can already see a difference! And for someone with as much oil as me, I appreciate the drying affect of this.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 21, 2014 12:19 AM

Review by cat351:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: It's a miracle product and I've just learned that Glaxo stopped manufacturing in 2014! It shrunk my enlarged pores and prevents any new breakouts - best medicine I've ever used and now scared they will stop producing it. I've been using it over 8 years now. The out of pocket was a lot but it's so worth it and nothing else works like it.

August 14, 2014 3:34 PM

Review by luvlyitaly:

For Acne: I used clindamycin phosphate benzoyl peroxide gel 1%*5%. In the first few weeks I experienced redness and scaly like skin, it also burned. But in time it cleared up and now my skin is back to normal.

July 6, 2014 8:22 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I have had pretty bad skin for about four years now; usually just large whiteheads in my T-Zone in particular, but they seem to scar awfully and it was really starting to affect my confidence. I had tried everything and nothing seemed to work, but then I went to my doctor and he prescribed me with Duac. I have never been so thankful! In around three months of use my skin has almost completely cleared up, and my scars have faded so much! I have experienced no itchiness or burning on application; I'm not sure if this is because I moisturize before I put the product on, but I would recommend doing so.

July 5, 2014 3:49 AM

Review by Miss mall (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I was experiencing mild acne on my face. The doctor prescribed me Duac gel and it's completely cleared up my skin.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 20, 2014 2:35 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I could not find one cream, scrub, or cleanser that worked. I tried Benzaclin and it cleared my face up within a month and haven't had a break out since. It's amazing! I love it!

June 10, 2014 3:57 PM

Review by legakris (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I applied this cream twice daily, after cleansing my face with Spectro Gel, and it works amazing! It has cleared up my face completely. All of my friends have noticed, too. I would recommend this to any teenager with issues with acne or pimples and blemishes. Just make sure you apply it faithfully! Your blemishes, acne, and pimples will come back if you don't stick to your facial cleansing routine.

May 29, 2014 7:44 PM

Review by AmareeLewis00 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I am 24 and have had clear skin all my life. I had to change contraceptives and got Implanon. A side effect was one to two very large and painful pimples appearing on a weekly basis. My doctor prescribed me Duac for the breakouts and I noticed results straight away. In the five weeks I've been using Duac, I haven't had any pimples. My skin was very dry in the first week but went back to normal in the second week. It has been great for my skin and my confidence.

May 28, 2014 11:55 AM

Review by Miss Anonymous:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I've been suffering from acne for about 3 years now. I've tried so many products on my face to get rid of it but nothing seemed to work. Last month I went to my doctor & he gave me a prescription for Duac and told me to apply it every night, after washing my face with soap. It's been a few weeks now & I have really been seeing a huge improvement on my face. Although it's working, I have been getting a few side effects, such as flakiness and ichy cheeks. But I am still happy about the results I've got so far.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 17, 2014 5:08 PM

Review by Kratie lady:

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: Benzaclin worked amazingly for me. I used it for 10 years before it stopped working. My Dr. prescribed an 2 oral meds plus Retin-A, and my skin is terrible. I wish there was a stronger version of Benzaclin available or something like it that I could switch to when it's effectiveness wears off.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 16, 2014 5:58 PM

Review by andrea232:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I went to the doctor from experiencing mild acne, especially on my forward head. I have combination skin, oily and dry in different places. Also scaring from previous acne. The doctor prescribed the cream Duac, she told me to wear it at night before I go to bed and wash my face off in the morning. Its been a few days now and I already see a change. No new pimples are appearing, old acne clearing, and past scars are fading. It is in my opinion, very effective and quick. However, it does dry out your skin, but along as you moisturise it should be fine. I would definitely recommend this product.

April 19, 2014 8:32 PM

Review by CeeCeeS:

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: Due to a switch to a generic brand birth control by the pharmacist, my acne flared like a raging fire. I am almost 30, and it was painful and embarrassing. I have tried numerous topicals when I was younger, but this one is by far the best! I apply it to my face only at night. As recommended by my doctor, I mix my regular face cream with it to provide extra moisture! As a result, I have not had any of the mentioned face peeling/drying issues. I also spot treat my acne scars with Vitamin E cream that makes them fade significantly quicker.

April 6, 2014 8:41 PM

Review by makeupaddict:

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I'm 18. I've been using this since I was 11. This really helps me, hands down the best product. I always find myself running back to this product! I'm not even kidding right now. I broke out so much and I finally bought it and it works wonders. I tried so many products. You name it, I used it. This cleared me up and everyone was complimenting on how clear my skin was. I was once again confident! Then after a while when I was 17, I started breaking out again but this time it was hormonal. They were painful acne, it hurt to move my face and everything but thanks to Benzaclin it changed everything. Yes, it gets real dry and itchy but it's worth it because in the end you get beautiful skin.

March 31, 2014 7:25 PM

Review by Reg13:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: This product is a lifesaver! I use Duac at night in combination with Differin in the morning and Sumadan wash before I apply both, and it has done wonders for my skin. I broke out terribly last year (I was 15 then) with huge white heads and bumps all across my forehead and T-zone, and the occasional chin zit. I began using this in June and by the end of the summer my acne was COMPLETELY gone. Aside from being slightly drying (which is totally fine so long as you use a moisturizer 30 minutes after applying) this medicine is wonderful. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone struggling with moderate to severe acne, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't work right away like it did for me. Also, the tube lasted me forever! Almost 9 months.

March 17, 2014 9:47 PM

Review by Mid 40s hormonal acne (taken for less than 1 month):

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I developed hormonal acne on chin and both cheeks in my 40s. I use a very very thin layer of Benzaclin on my face except around nose and eyes, after washing with Cetaphil anti-bacterial soap. Basically the size of a pea for whole face. I let it dry for 15 mins after which I gently wipe off any left over while film on the face. I then follow up with Cetaphil moisturizer. I have combination skin so I make sure to put a good amount of Cetaphil on my dry areas. I settled on this regiment after having no luck with Avar cleanser and Differin. I stopped using Differin after 2 months because I found the Benzaclin very effective and did not want to use both. It has been 2 weeks on the benzaclin routine and so far no new breakouts.

March 8, 2014 11:17 PM

Review by rita0044 (taken for less than 1 month):

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I used this medication along with a benzoyl peroxide wash. I agree, it has worked miracles for me. I use them both at night and in the morning and it is very drying. I don't mind that it dries my skin out, however, because it caused my skin to peel which made my scars go away very quickly. Sometimes I avoid using the cream on my face in the morning and just put lotion on because no one wants their face peeling during the day.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 5, 2014 1:25 PM

Review by AcneSurvivor101 (taken for less than 1 month):

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: Great product but the side effects are awful! I've been using Duac for a week now and literally all of my blackheads have disappeared it's amazing! My spots have also shrank in size a lot and have almost healed and my scars are fading too. The only trouble I have had with Duac is that when I first put it on it dried my skin out a lot and made it extremely flaky and then when I continued to use it, applying it on most of the area of my face I woke up the next morning and both of my cheeks were burning, bright red and really itchy. I stopped using it for a couple of days until the redness had gone and then applied a smaller amount, but still the burning and itchy sensation has returned.

February 15, 2014 5:42 PM

Review by Mel007:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: What an amazing product. I have struggled with acne for about 10 years (now 22), my entire T-zone has always had blackheads which (although not good for the skin) I have been extracting almost every second day. It has made me extremely frustrated that no matter how much money I spend on keeping my skin healthy, it was always a temporary fix. I wanted an alternative to the pill as I was terrified of the side effects it came with. The doctor gave me Duac. I have been using this product every night (after I moisturize) and I am now on my fifth day - ALL OF MY BLACKHEADS ARE GONE. Don't ask me how! I have not had any peeling, dryness, redness or burning. There is only a small tingling sensation when applied. This is a lifesaver of a product.

February 9, 2014 10:02 PM

Review by Madelmadels:

For Acne: I've been using this product for about a 6 weeks on and off. It doesn't burn and in fact it took redness away and turned pimples into a minuscule size within 24-48 hours. I put it on in the morning and that's it. My skin is soft as always and hasn't dried out maybe I'm using something different mine says Clindamycin phosphate and benzoyl peroxide gel, 1%*/5%.

February 9, 2014 11:35 AM

Review by Jodiea80:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: Prescribed by the doctor as after coming off the pill I broke out in spots. First time I used it I had a severe reaction. I felt a burning & tight sensation on my face, looked in the mirror & it looked like I had been burnt. I took an antihistamine straight away. Nothing changed after 2 hours so attended the hospital who advised me that I had received the worst allergic reaction they had ever seen.

February 1, 2014 12:24 PM

Review by JessLT:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I've only been using this for 4 days so far. I put it all over my face because it says to use on the "area" that is spot-prone, and all of my face gets spotty, though not at the same time. I have pretty sensitive skin anyway, but this stuff BURNS! And my face is red raw for the next 3 or 4 hours. I put it on in the evening and by morning I'm no longer red and stinging. It has also made me extremely dry and flaky and tight skinned, which is to be expected, but I can't bear it so put on moisturiser almost immediately afterwards, which may be slowing down the process. It hasn't helped my acne yet, but I'm hoping with a little patience and pain-tolerance it will do the job!

January 21, 2014 1:17 AM

Review by Dana x77:

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I got AWFUL cystic acne freshman year of college. I became convinced that it was hormonal and that besides taking the birth control I was already on there was nothing I could do. I finally went to see a dermatologist and she prescribed me doxycycline and benzaclin. The combination of the two yielded results in just a matter of weeks. I stopped taking doxycycline because at one point it got stuck in my throat and I got tonsillitis. It's only been half a year and my skin is completely clear! My scars are pretty much gone and my skin is even toned and smooth, finally! I highly recommend it. Its drying but it works wonders.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 17, 2014 11:37 PM

Review by Lace1234:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I have been using for about 2 weeks now. It works a little, but it takes a long time. But I have noticed my acne scars going away. But, it makes my face red, and it burns really bad! So much that most of the time, I'll go and wash it off with freezing cold water.

January 13, 2014 1:32 AM

Review by Jess2013:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I used Duac after being prescribed it for a good six months (on repeat prescription). To begin with, my skin flared up bright red and it dried my skin out terribly. I then reduced the amount I was using from the fingertip amount which is recommended on the box to the merest bit on each area of acne. This worked a treat, and within 2-3 weeks my skin was looking much better. Over the next 6 months or so, my skin improved and I only had a small break out once in a while. However, I felt that after using it for 6 months, my skin had become accustomed to it and I was having more and more break outs. I stayed off the cream for a good four months. I am now back on the cream, and going through the phase of the skin drying out etc.

January 4, 2014 11:00 AM

Review by Megannnn:

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: Super fast and the best to clearing pimples. So worth using! I always watch what products what I use on my face and I tried this cream and it was so fast at clearing breakouts and acne. It dried out the breakouts and surprisingly didn't break me out more. This product is so perfect! The 2 samples I had cleared my face within the week! It may dry out your face a bit, nothing extreme! Using it in the morning is best I think and also is okay to wear with your makeup over it.

December 30, 2013 10:47 PM