User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin

Also known as: Acanya, Benzaclin, Duac, Neuac, Onexton, Z-Clinz 10, Z-Clinz 5

Learn more about Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin.

Acne 157 reviews 513 medications

8.4
Summary of Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin reviews 157 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Onexton is absolutely amazing! Have been using now for about 3-4 months. I apply it every night after removing my make up and washing my face thoroughly with CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser. I was worried about facial skin peeling/redness that I experienced with other prescription topical medications that I had tried in the past for acne (Ex. tretinoin, benzaclin, etc.) I have not had any redness or peeling since starting Onexton. My face is pretty much clear (exceptionally noticeable difference compared to 4 months ago). I also take Spironolactone 100mg daily for acne which was started at the same time as the Onexton. For the first time in YEARS, my face is mostly clear without any redness or peeling. $0 copay with savings card!"

Vanessa_35 May 21, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "After suffering for almost 20 years with severe acne and cystic acne. I have been on Duac for only 3 weeks and have seen the biggest change than with any other treatment I've tried. Almost all acne has gone, only cystic acne that will take longer due to being so far under the skin. It's amazing, I've not felt my skin this smooth since I was 9 years old. No new acne breakouts since being on this either. Which is amazing because I'd normally have one or two new ones every day.. LOVE this stuff"

Christieee May 18, 2015

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "The gel worked at first clearing my skin quickly, but then it stopped working and all my acne came back even worse."

Doe2345 May 9, 2015

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I am a 23 y/o female and have had moderate acne since I was a teenager. I went to the dermatologist about 3 weeks ago and she prescribed me Acanya for the morning, Ziana at night, and Minocycline twice a day. I can say I see a huge difference in my acne, I have had no new pimples since starting this treatment, and my acne marks are fading. My only issue is that the creams (mostly the Acanya) make my face red and burn very badly for an hour or so after applying, but that goes away. My lips are very dry and cracked as well. I do use a moisturizer but I'm liberal with it because my face gets very oily."

Emily021 May 7, 2015

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I'm 16 & have struggled w/ mild acne since age12. However, my sister who is 17 has struggled with severe acne since she was 14. She recently saw a dermatologist and he prescribed her Acanya in the morning & Atralin at night. I noticed an amazing difference in her skin within 3 months. She was more confident & seemed to glow...literally! Acanya actually makes your skin look brighter & healthier. Like I said, I also suffer w/ acne. Although mine is mild, I tend to scratch/pick at it when I am nervous or stressed causing it to inflame & become much worse than it should be. This made me want to try it, so I got a few samples, an began to see incredible results within just 1 week! This product is truly a life saver!"

Rows May 1, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I'm 15 years old and I've been on this treatment for around about a year. Straight away when I started using it my skin totally cleared up within weeks. I stopped using the treatment for around about 2-3 weeks and I immediately noticed within a week of not using it my spots had came back. I couldn't get hold of the duac because there was a manufacturing problem but when I could get it again and I started using it my spots wouldn't go away. It took around 2 month to get clear skin the first time around but the second it took around 8 months. Another problem I've had with duac is about 2-4 times I've used the duac its burnt my face so I've had to rub it off and it tends do give me really flakey,dry, tight skin. Overall i think its really good"

sparkels15 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 22, 2015

For Acne: "After four years of using this on and off I still have acne. This cream does work well, but I fail to use it 2 times a day like i was instructed because it dries my face so much. If you're thinking about getting this cream, do it. It does work really good, but it does dry your face so much and burns a bit."

Colleenkelly7 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 15, 2015

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "After years of adult acne, my family doctor offered me this, to save me extra expense with a dermatologist. The results were immediate and acne is no longer something I stress about. It is very drying, so I mix it with my nighttime moisturizer and in winter, I sometimes have to skip a night, but I can't say enough good things about it!"

Almost 40 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2015

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I absolutely love this product. I had severe acne since I was 11 and nothing worked on my skin. When I was 14 I tried Clindoxyl gel for 8 months and saw little to no effect. It only made my skin drier than before. I went to my doctor and asked for a solution and she prescribed Benzaclin Gel. I applied it every single night after washing my face and within a month I saw results. My skin was brighter and my acne had almost completely stopped after 2 months of using it. After the third month, my skin was amazing and had no breakouts at all. I started to use the Oil Cleansing Method and my skin was better than it had ever been. After I stopped the Gel, my acne came back within 2 weeks. I am using it again now and my skin is better than ever."

lunahe April 9, 2015

For Acne: "Hello, I was on this medication since November 6 2014, nearly through the first two weeks on this treatment I got my initial breakout and I was still constantly getting pimples, it was horrible it looked like cystic acne but I learned not to pop them because of the scarring so I would just let the medication dry it up and prevent more acne, the initial breakout left me really nasty red blemishes I was just done with my face because I've been suffering for acne about 4 years, I'm 16 right now, Around the 2 month mark I started seeing improvements but I would still get pimples here and there, around the 4th month mark I stopped breaking out no acne, just acne blemishes which are the red marks that a pimples leave,over time they went away."

Swaggy p April 1, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Im not one to review anything online but Duac has changed my skin completely, I had been suffering from acne since my early teens and now aged 24 was fed up and spoke to my Dr who suggested this product. my only regret is I hadn't gone earlier. My skin is now clear of acne and I feel much more confident even leaving the house without makeup something I wouldn't do previously. It does easily bleach sheets, pillows and towels though so be careful."

Georgialm March 28, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I began using duac after treating what I thought was some kind of eczema on my face with every cream known to man, from steroid cream to sudocrem, nothing was getting rid. I then went to the doctors who said I had a form of acne on a small area of my face. I've only been using duac for 2 weeks and the difference is amazing. My skin isn't inflamed or pimply anymore. I can barely even notice redness, I think it will be gone completely in another week! I would highly recommend duac for anyone with skin problems! But don't be stupid like me, go to the doctors straight away!!"

FionaM March 19, 2015

For Acne: "I am 19 years old and for a few years I had little dormant white bumps all along my jaw and cheeks. I could rarely pop them; they would just stay there! I have always been religious with my skin care. I have a clarisonic and have tried salycilic based treatments, facials, face masks and glycolic acid as well. Glycol acid is wonderful but it can only do so much. I was fed up with this tiny zits on my face and told my doctor about them. She prescribed me this medication. I began using a gentler face wash to let this guy work away... and boy did it! The first two weeks of treatment made my skin feel very dull and dry; it felt like my top lift was peeling off! However, after a month I felt so confident. My skin was soft and SO clear- no zits!"

jb55 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2015

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I am a 20 years old and started breaking out in 5TH GRADE! Yes I was 10 years old. My cousins referred me to Benzaclin and I have been a faithful user ever since. It dries up your pimples so fast. If a friend has a pimple coming on before a special event I give them some and they are always pleased. The second I get lazy and stop applying this my face reverts back to it's old ways. I have been using this product for ten years and will use it until it no longer works for me. I absolutely love it and would recommend it to anyone struggling with mild acne and occasional breakouts."

BriJo (taken for 10 years or more) March 10, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "So far it's been a good experience... I've been dealing with skin issues for the past year but it wasn't until this past month when I had my IUD removed that I had a spike in hormones (which you can imagine made my skin go insane.) My dermatologist prescribed me Duac, Minocycline and Spinoloctane. I have yet to try the two other medications yet because I read reviews that there can be an initial breakout that is horrendous or it can clear up completely in 2 weeks. However, so far with the Duac my skin has cleared up existing acne but still not preventing new ones from forming. New ones aren't forming as fast as before (2-3) every day but now it's like 1 every 3 days. It's doing a great job. SUPER drying though. Moisturize!"

AnimatedArtist (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I am 29 years old and a regular acne sufferer. I have comedones, blackheads, pimples which are not nice at all. So I went to visit a dermatologist just last Sep.2014 and she prescribed me Duac Gel to be use once daily at night after cleansing and been using it until now and it shows great improvement. One tube is good enough to be use for two months after opening and not that expensive. Just follow your doctor's instruction. My acne is mild to moderate and I recommend this one."

Kistina March 5, 2015

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I was breaking out badly on the sides of my cheeks, then I couldn't take it anymore so I went to the dermo and they prescribed me Acanya. After 2 weeks I noticed a difference for sure. The big cysts I would get or just all these pimples I got in 1 spot started fading away instantly. It is take time, I had to pop some and then put the cream on. It's been 3 months so far and no breakouts or acne whatsoever. I just use cetaphil and that medication and done. (:"

Myles2222222 March 1, 2015

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "So I'm 13 (almost 14), and I've had acne all overy face for almost a year. But strangely it's not the normal little bumps everywhere, I get more large under-the-skin whiteheads. I tried pro-activ and oxy, which just dried my face out completely, making things even worse. I also tried natural remedies, which also made my face worse. Then a few weeks ago went to my doctor and he prescribed me BenzaClin...miracle product!! It's only been about 29 days and already I have no acne on my forehead, nose, and chin!! Anyone using this product I reccomend using Cetaphil's gentle cleanser (to counteract the dryness of the medication), and religiously wash your face twice daily, using circular motions (and drying with a new towel each time). :)"

xMeggx March 1, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I have had acne for most of my life. I remember first getting spots when I was 9 years old. I am 25 now. I always assumed I would grow out of it but that just never happened! Although my skin is by no means the worst you will ever see, I was uncomfortable with it. My nose was covered in tiny blackheads, where you could squeeze anywhere and pop loads of tiny spots. I have only been using Duac for about 5 days now and there is already a marked difference. The blackheads on my nose are almost all gone and the regular spots on my cheeks are much better already. My skin has been fine in terms of flaking. After the first day of using, when I washed my face in the bath loads of skin came off but other than that it is totally normal."

Geegeecake (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I got prescribed this a few month ago and I seen a difference within a week or so UNTIL I noticed how dry and flaky my skin was getting I couldn't bare it no longer as I was itch, itch and itch HOWEVER I was back to my doctors and got prescribed the same stuff only this time I am going to give it time and hope for the best results."

Jonathanjoe (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2015

For Acne: "This Cream is just awesome. I started getting pimples on my face and tried several products to get rid of it. Unfortunately, most of the products didn't work as per the expectation. I read about Benzoyl Peroxide and the wonders it can get to your skin. I went to the chemist and bought one pack of this cream. After applying this cream for almost 2 weeks all my pimples simply disappeared. I am continuing to use this cream for my skin to look healthy and glowing."

Nkhil February 25, 2015

For Acne: "I just start break out so bad,no reason for a month.I have red rash, black head acne,big acne and under deep skin acne.I decided to go to medical center and Dr.prescribe me this cream.After applied,I feel like put on a thin film on my face and strict my skin so much,so I put on baby power and rub my face then the strict skin feel better.For overnight, the rash all gone like magic,in the morning I wash my face with warm water and clean my face with Aveno cleansing and pad it with towel then use the cream and baby powder after that.For 2 days,the black head acne start to pear out of my face and the big acne getting smaller.I have been using it for 1 month and a half.My skin look perfect and soft like baby skin.The doctor give me 12 refills!!"

Aoy 30 years old Asain. February 21, 2015

For Acne: "I cannot tell you how much this has changed my life! I was always afraid to go to the dermatologist because it would cost too much. Finally I sucked it up and went. I was prescribed clindamycin phosphate benzoyl peroxide gel for morning application and Adapalene for at night. The gel does dry your face out, more when you first start using it. At first, my face was really irritated and red after applying and lasted for about a month. I stuck through it and it was so worth it. I MIGHT get a pimple every few months now and I suffered from cystic acne before. I really really suggest sticking with it even though it will burn your face for the first few weeks."

Anon499 February 1, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I was given samples from my GP. Started to use it after the second night I notices a huge difference. My acne caused my polycystic ovarian syndrome symptoms (I don't have it only the symptoms) started to get smaller. The redness is slowly going & I've noticed one side has significantly reduced with acne. Using it on my pores and blackhead as well and they have shrunk. Only down side is it stains bed sheets but apart from that no negative review. Hoping this works permanently so I don't need to go on Roaacutane."

ceejay-oz January 30, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Made my face really itchy and red so that I could stop scratching it, which caused the acne to spread further."

Isisd (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2015