User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin

Also known as: Acanya, Benzaclin, Duac, Z-Clinz 10, Z-Clinz 5

Learn more about Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin.

Acne 104 reviews 499 medications

8.1
Summary of Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin reviews 104 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin

Review by CeeCeeS: User Rating:

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: Due to a switch to a generic brand birth control by the pharmacist, my acne flared like a raging fire. I am almost 30, and it was painful and embarrassing. I have tried numerous topicals when I was younger, but this one is by far the best! I apply it to my face only at night. As recommended by my doctor, I mix my regular face cream with it to provide extra moisture! As a result, I have not had any of the mentioned face peeling/drying issues. I also spot treat my acne scars with Vitamin E cream that makes them fade significantly quicker.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 6, 2014 8:41 PM
Review by makeupaddict: User Rating:

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I'm 18. I've been using this since I was 11. This really helps me, hands down the best product. I always find myself running back to this product! I'm not even kidding right now. I broke out so much and I finally bought it and it works wonders. I tried so many products. You name it, I used it. This cleared me up and everyone was complimenting on how clear my skin was. I was once again confident! Then after a while when I was 17, I started breaking out again but this time it was hormonal. They were painful acne, it hurt to move my face and everything but thanks to Benzaclin it changed everything. Yes, it gets real dry and itchy but it's worth it because in the end you get beautiful skin.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 31, 2014 7:25 PM
Review by Reg13: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: This product is a lifesaver! I use Duac at night in combination with Differin in the morning and Sumadan wash before I apply both, and it has done wonders for my skin. I broke out terribly last year (I was 15 then) with huge white heads and bumps all across my forehead and T-zone, and the occasional chin zit. I began using this in June and by the end of the summer my acne was COMPLETELY gone. Aside from being slightly drying (which is totally fine so long as you use a moisturizer 30 minutes after applying) this medicine is wonderful. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone struggling with moderate to severe acne, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't work right away like it did for me. Also, the tube lasted me forever! Almost 9 months.

March 17, 2014 9:47 PM
Review by Mid 40s hormonal acne (taken for less than 1 month):

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I developed hormonal acne on chin and both cheeks in my 40s. I use a very very thin layer of Benzaclin on my face except around nose and eyes, after washing with Cetaphil anti-bacterial soap. Basically the size of a pea for whole face. I let it dry for 15 mins after which I gently wipe off any left over while film on the face. I then follow up with Cetaphil moisturizer. I have combination skin so I make sure to put a good amount of Cetaphil on my dry areas. I settled on this regiment after having no luck with Avar cleanser and Differin. I stopped using Differin after 2 months because I found the Benzaclin very effective and did not want to use both. It has been 2 weeks on the benzaclin routine and so far no new breakouts.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 8, 2014 11:17 PM
Review by rita0044 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I used this medication along with a benzoyl peroxide wash. I agree, it has worked miracles for me. I use them both at night and in the morning and it is very drying. I don't mind that it dries my skin out, however, because it caused my skin to peel which made my scars go away very quickly. Sometimes I avoid using the cream on my face in the morning and just put lotion on because no one wants their face peeling during the day.

March 5, 2014 1:25 PM
Review by AcneSurvivor101 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: Great product but the side effects are awful! I've been using Duac for a week now and literally all of my blackheads have disappeared it's amazing! My spots have also shrank in size a lot and have almost healed and my scars are fading too. The only trouble I have had with Duac is that when I first put it on it dried my skin out a lot and made it extremely flaky and then when I continued to use it, applying it on most of the area of my face I woke up the next morning and both of my cheeks were burning, bright red and really itchy. I stopped using it for a couple of days until the redness had gone and then applied a smaller amount, but still the burning and itchy sensation has returned.

February 15, 2014 5:42 PM
Review by Mel007: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: What an amazing product. I have struggled with acne for about 10 years (now 22), my entire T-zone has always had blackheads which (although not good for the skin) I have been extracting almost every second day. It has made me extremely frustrated that no matter how much money I spend on keeping my skin healthy, it was always a temporary fix. I wanted an alternative to the pill as I was terrified of the side effects it came with. The doctor gave me Duac. I have been using this product every night (after I moisturize) and I am now on my fifth day - ALL OF MY BLACKHEADS ARE GONE. Don't ask me how! I have not had any peeling, dryness, redness or burning. There is only a small tingling sensation when applied. This is a lifesaver of a product.

February 9, 2014 10:02 PM
Review by Madelmadels: User Rating:

benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin for Acne: I've been using this product for about a 6 weeks on and off. It doesn't burn and in fact it took redness away and turned pimples into a minuscule size within 24-48 hours. I put it on in the morning and that's it. My skin is soft as always and hasn't dried out maybe I'm using something different mine says Clindamycin phosphate and benzoyl peroxide gel, 1%*/5%.

February 9, 2014 11:35 AM
Review by Jodiea80: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: Prescribed by the doctor as after coming off the pill I broke out in spots. First time I used it I had a severe reaction. I felt a burning & tight sensation on my face, looked in the mirror & it looked like I had been burnt. I took an antihistamine straight away. Nothing changed after 2 hours so attended the hospital who advised me that I had received the worst allergic reaction they had ever seen.

February 1, 2014 12:24 PM
Review by JessLT: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I've only been using this for 4 days so far. I put it all over my face because it says to use on the "area" that is spot-prone, and all of my face gets spotty, though not at the same time. I have pretty sensitive skin anyway, but this stuff BURNS! And my face is red raw for the next 3 or 4 hours. I put it on in the evening and by morning I'm no longer red and stinging. It has also made me extremely dry and flaky and tight skinned, which is to be expected, but I can't bear it so put on moisturiser almost immediately afterwards, which may be slowing down the process. It hasn't helped my acne yet, but I'm hoping with a little patience and pain-tolerance it will do the job!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 21, 2014 1:17 AM
Review by Dana x77: User Rating:

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I got AWFUL cystic acne freshman year of college. I became convinced that it was hormonal and that besides taking the birth control I was already on there was nothing I could do. I finally went to see a dermatologist and she prescribed me doxycycline and benzaclin. The combination of the two yielded results in just a matter of weeks. I stopped taking doxycycline because at one point it got stuck in my throat and I got tonsillitis. It's only been half a year and my skin is completely clear! My scars are pretty much gone and my skin is even toned and smooth, finally! I highly recommend it. Its drying but it works wonders.

January 17, 2014 11:37 PM
Review by Lace1234: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I have been using for about 2 weeks now. It works a little, but it takes a long time. But I have noticed my acne scars going away. But, it makes my face red, and it burns really bad! So much that most of the time, I'll go and wash it off with freezing cold water.

January 13, 2014 1:32 AM
Review by Jess2013: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I used Duac after being prescribed it for a good six months (on repeat prescription). To begin with, my skin flared up bright red and it dried my skin out terribly. I then reduced the amount I was using from the fingertip amount which is recommended on the box to the merest bit on each area of acne. This worked a treat, and within 2-3 weeks my skin was looking much better. Over the next 6 months or so, my skin improved and I only had a small break out once in a while. However, I felt that after using it for 6 months, my skin had become accustomed to it and I was having more and more break outs. I stayed off the cream for a good four months. I am now back on the cream, and going through the phase of the skin drying out etc.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 4, 2014 11:00 AM
Review by Megannnn: User Rating:

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: Super fast and the best to clearing pimples. So worth using! I always watch what products what I use on my face and I tried this cream and it was so fast at clearing breakouts and acne. It dried out the breakouts and surprisingly didn't break me out more. This product is so perfect! The 2 samples I had cleared my face within the week! It may dry out your face a bit, nothing extreme! Using it in the morning is best I think and also is okay to wear with your makeup over it.

December 30, 2013 10:47 PM
Review by quinnmcc (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: It works amazingly for my skin. Saved my life. While Pro-active dried the crap out of my face, a few months down the line Benzaclin saved the day! I had absolutely no breakouts. Wonderful medication, cannot say enough about it.

December 28, 2013 2:43 PM
Review by marivie (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I applied Duac on my face as instructed and after 2 days of using it, I noticed that my pimples started to disappear but the problem is my whole face got swollen, itchy and red. I can't even sleep and go to school for days. So what I did is I visited my doctor again and told me that those were the side effects of the product and told me to stop using it. To relieve the stinging and redness I used an ice pack on my face and put moisturizer non stop. Luckily, after a few days the swelling and redness disappeared. Thank God my acne disappeared and since then whenever pimples appear on my face, I just applied the gel directly on the pimples.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 23, 2013 9:33 AM
Review by Wolf___nickii: User Rating:

benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin for Acne: It did make some of my pimples smaller however my face is now red and itchy! My left cheek is swollen and has a red patch on it.

December 23, 2013 7:19 AM
Review by GsGirl (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: As far as the medicine doing what it is supposed to do, it's great. It dries acne (even severe acne, in my case). Unfortunately, it also caused me to have systemic side effects - rare, but they do happen. I developed ringing in my ears and had to stop using it. After a month I tried using it again, and the ringing returned. I've been keeping careful track of my usage of it and the episodes of ringing in my ear, and they match. I'm probably one in a thousand that this has happened to, but being a musician, I need to be able to hear. My dermatologist and I will be meeting next week to discuss this and see if there are any other options for me.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 5, 2013 12:05 PM
Review by Lol202 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I really recommend this product! I've had acne on my chin for about 6 years now, with my skin still being dry & sensitive, I use a really gentle cleanser then 20 minutes later I use the Duac, very sparingly! Then aqueous moisturizer 20 minutes after that. It works for me & I've seen a drastic improvement in just 2 weeks, stick in there! It made my acne worse at first, I think this is the purging process, hope this helps!

November 16, 2013 3:35 AM
Review by moocat (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin for Acne: I am 55 yrs old and have had acne since i was 11 yrs old with no break with breakouts what so ever. I like alot of others have tried every antibiotic and cream and soap and accutane through out the years. I did get some relief from the brand name accutane but the generic was worthless.I now have break outs on my breasts, thighs,arms,groin and stomach. In all this time the only thing that has really helped to a certain degree in the benzoyl peroxide. It lessens the soreness of the breakouts and helps heal them to a point.

October 27, 2013 12:32 PM
Review by HhhJbone: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: My doctor prescribed me this gel for my mild to many spots on my face and back. The first day I applied it the next morning my face was almost clear of blackheads and I had noticed an improvement however I decided to do what may have been a really foolish thing. I applied it on all of my cheeks and basically most of my face, the parts which rarely had spots on. I woke up the next day to a stinging bright red face. My skin was so so dry. It was patchy orange and red, it was half peeling and it looked like I was wearing patchy foundation.

October 15, 2013 5:12 PM
Review by berserkaf: User Rating:

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I've had acne since I was about 13, I'm 16 now and 6 months ago I went to the dermatologist and he prescribed me Acanya in the mornings, Tazorac at night and minocycline twice a day and he advised me to apply a moisturizer underneath both the Acanya and Tazorac because before I was using Proactiv and it made my skin super sensitive to everything and it kind of takes a while to work. I was told it would take 12 weeks to see a "considerable" difference. I did see a great difference after 12 weeks, but I wasn't totally clear so I kept on using all the products and currently I only breakout once every two weeks and they go away rather quickly, but I have a lot of scars, which is what the Tazorac is for. It just looks so much better than it did!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 7, 2013 7:44 PM
Review by MeganMariie: User Rating:

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: I had pimples all over my forehead, cheeks, chin, everywhere! They weren't so noticeable but they were there! I went to the dermatologist about a week or two ago and I'm so glad I did! My dermatologist gave me this cream to use in the morning and my acne is already starting to fade completely! It does tingle a little but I feel that's when it's working! I've tried a lot of other creams but this one works best and fast!

October 6, 2013 10:13 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: Duac has magical effect in just two days. Duac gave me very good results but it makes my skin dry and when I use it, first day it makes my skin too red but when redness is gone, my skin clear.

September 29, 2013 12:07 PM
Review by Alh90 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin for Acne: After having acne on and off again for the last 7 years and trying literally every product and expensive treatment for acne along with various medications I have finally found something that works. Clindamycin lotion is amazing. Within a week my acne has fully cleared on my cheeks. I have combined it with taking Doxylin tablets, which may have sped up the process but even in the past when I only took the Doxylin my skin still wouldn't completely clear like it has now.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate