User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin

Also known as: Acanya, Benzaclin, Duac, Neuac, Onexton, Z-Clinz 10, Z-Clinz 5

Learn more about Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin.

Acne 168 reviews 512 medications

8.3
Summary of Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin reviews 168 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I'm 24 and have been using Acanya since I was 18. I remember noticing a difference within the first few days and massive improvement within a few weeks-1 month? Don't really remember, however, this product has remained relatively effective for 6 years for me. Skin is 90% clear other than cysts when I am highly stressed or due to hormones :/ This medication only gets 9/10 because I still get blackheads and cysts occationally and it's very expensive"

Long time user of Acanya June 24, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I have been using duac for around 6 months maybe a bit longer and although i have noticed a difference with my spots i really dislike the fact in makes my skin so dry. I would however recommend it to anyone suffering with acne who doesnt mind the dryness as it does appear to clear it up."

Han1459 June 22, 2015

For Acne: "Worst thing ever. Cleared my face in 3 days only to make it twice as worse after the 3rd day. I now have acne in places I've never ever had a single breakout. I hate it"

Julie145 June 16, 2015

For Acne: "I am just so in love with this gel. It's just been a week and all my acne including the scars have disappeared like magic. I've never felt my skin any smoother and glowy. Wish I'd tried it earlier :)"

Nickyreed (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2015

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Did not worl"

cjkm June 12, 2015

For Acne: "It's been only two days but I don't feel any itching or flakiness or redness. Is it normal or does that mean the medicine isn't working? I feel a better texture on my face though. Please help!"

Ayesha12 June 12, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Ive been using duac cream for 2 years now and honestly it's the best thing I've ever had. I didn't really have acne just dark patches on my face, and it has cleared them up so well better than other facial products. Only annoying thing is my face gets very dry, and went I put makeup on my face cracks, but I just over moisturise. Definatly recommend duac cream though, gave me so much more confidence"

Swansy June 5, 2015

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "My doctor prescribed Benzaclin after my other acne medicine stopped working for me. The first month was rough, my skin was really dry and it peeled alot. Things got better, my face cleared up, I did get some breakouts here and there but with a pea size amount of benzalin, it would shrink and dry out my pores and pimples. If you do not see results within a week or two, do not stop applying bezaclin! The first 6-8 weeks may be rough but it really does clear up your skin. And my scars have faded. Do not over apply the medicine, it can cause over dryness of the face and excessive peeling. Hope benzaclin will help you beat acne like it helped me!"

caligirl20 May 27, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Well I'm 13 years old and have been using duac for 2 going into 3 years now and straight away I noticed a difference but after a while it seems as if it doesn't work as much but I carried on using it and now( 2 years later) my acne has cleared and the only thing I have to deal with is my acne scars! Great product and I highly recommend it!"

P123321111444555 May 23, 2015

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Onexton is absolutely amazing! Have been using now for about 3-4 months. I apply it every night after removing my make up and washing my face thoroughly with CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser. I was worried about facial skin peeling/redness that I experienced with other prescription topical medications that I had tried in the past for acne (Ex. tretinoin, benzaclin, etc.) I have not had any redness or peeling since starting Onexton. My face is pretty much clear (exceptionally noticeable difference compared to 4 months ago). I also take Spironolactone 100mg daily for acne which was started at the same time as the Onexton. For the first time in YEARS, my face is mostly clear without any redness or peeling. $0 copay with savings card!"

Vanessa_35 May 21, 2015

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I was never one to have severe acne, just a few small bumps here and there with a few big pimples that come every so often.However, they scarred very easily and left huge dark spots that were like 5x the size of little whitehead. I went to my doctor to get rid of these dark spots that everyone was noticing. She prescribed benzaclin and I saw results! She recommended I cleanse my face with an Aveeno product, as it is gentle on skin, and it is amazing! At night I wash my face with Aveeno Positively Radiant cleanser and then apply benzaclin (mainly focussing on the area with the dark spots). In the morning I use Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer and these dark spots fade very quickly and it prevents further pimples. My face glows now!"

BenzaClear!! May 20, 2015

For Acne: "This is THE best anti-acne solution there is. Reading most of the other reviews, I can see people are not using it correctly. A dermatologist in Scotland put me on to this (Duac 12mg/g 50mg/g gel) and explained it is TO BE USED SPARINGLY. i.e. do not rub it all over your face or it will not only burn and dry your skin (which in turn will cause your sebacious glands to activate to moisturise your skin which can lead to get more acne infection) but also make your system more resistant to the antibiotic. IMPORTANT: Apply to each pimple individual and slightly around the area, not all over your face or back I have since been given another tube of Duac in Romania that is weaker (10mg/g 30mg/g) & found this still works, might be better for some"

ScotAfriKiwi (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "After suffering for almost 20 years with severe acne and cystic acne. I have been on Duac for only 3 weeks and have seen the biggest change than with any other treatment I've tried. Almost all acne has gone, only cystic acne that will take longer due to being so far under the skin. It's amazing, I've not felt my skin this smooth since I was 9 years old. No new acne breakouts since being on this either. Which is amazing because I'd normally have one or two new ones every day.. LOVE this stuff"

Christieee May 18, 2015

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "The gel worked at first clearing my skin quickly, but then it stopped working and all my acne came back even worse."

Doe2345 May 9, 2015

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I am a 23 y/o female and have had moderate acne since I was a teenager. I went to the dermatologist about 3 weeks ago and she prescribed me Acanya for the morning, Ziana at night, and Minocycline twice a day. I can say I see a huge difference in my acne, I have had no new pimples since starting this treatment, and my acne marks are fading. My only issue is that the creams (mostly the Acanya) make my face red and burn very badly for an hour or so after applying, but that goes away. My lips are very dry and cracked as well. I do use a moisturizer but I'm liberal with it because my face gets very oily."

Emily021 May 7, 2015

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I'm 16 & have struggled w/ mild acne since age12. However, my sister who is 17 has struggled with severe acne since she was 14. She recently saw a dermatologist and he prescribed her Acanya in the morning & Atralin at night. I noticed an amazing difference in her skin within 3 months. She was more confident & seemed to glow...literally! Acanya actually makes your skin look brighter & healthier. Like I said, I also suffer w/ acne. Although mine is mild, I tend to scratch/pick at it when I am nervous or stressed causing it to inflame & become much worse than it should be. This made me want to try it, so I got a few samples, an began to see incredible results within just 1 week! This product is truly a life saver!"

Rows May 1, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I'm 15 years old and I've been on this treatment for around about a year. Straight away when I started using it my skin totally cleared up within weeks. I stopped using the treatment for around about 2-3 weeks and I immediately noticed within a week of not using it my spots had came back. I couldn't get hold of the duac because there was a manufacturing problem but when I could get it again and I started using it my spots wouldn't go away. It took around 2 month to get clear skin the first time around but the second it took around 8 months. Another problem I've had with duac is about 2-4 times I've used the duac its burnt my face so I've had to rub it off and it tends do give me really flakey,dry, tight skin. Overall i think its really good"

sparkels15 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 22, 2015

For Acne: "After four years of using this on and off I still have acne. This cream does work well, but I fail to use it 2 times a day like i was instructed because it dries my face so much. If you're thinking about getting this cream, do it. It does work really good, but it does dry your face so much and burns a bit."

Colleenkelly7 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 15, 2015

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "After years of adult acne, my family doctor offered me this, to save me extra expense with a dermatologist. The results were immediate and acne is no longer something I stress about. It is very drying, so I mix it with my nighttime moisturizer and in winter, I sometimes have to skip a night, but I can't say enough good things about it!"

Almost 40 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2015

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I absolutely love this product. I had severe acne since I was 11 and nothing worked on my skin. When I was 14 I tried Clindoxyl gel for 8 months and saw little to no effect. It only made my skin drier than before. I went to my doctor and asked for a solution and she prescribed Benzaclin Gel. I applied it every single night after washing my face and within a month I saw results. My skin was brighter and my acne had almost completely stopped after 2 months of using it. After the third month, my skin was amazing and had no breakouts at all. I started to use the Oil Cleansing Method and my skin was better than it had ever been. After I stopped the Gel, my acne came back within 2 weeks. I am using it again now and my skin is better than ever."

lunahe April 9, 2015

For Acne: "Hello, I was on this medication since November 6 2014, nearly through the first two weeks on this treatment I got my initial breakout and I was still constantly getting pimples, it was horrible it looked like cystic acne but I learned not to pop them because of the scarring so I would just let the medication dry it up and prevent more acne, the initial breakout left me really nasty red blemishes I was just done with my face because I've been suffering for acne about 4 years, I'm 16 right now, Around the 2 month mark I started seeing improvements but I would still get pimples here and there, around the 4th month mark I stopped breaking out no acne, just acne blemishes which are the red marks that a pimples leave,over time they went away."

Swaggy p April 1, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Im not one to review anything online but Duac has changed my skin completely, I had been suffering from acne since my early teens and now aged 24 was fed up and spoke to my Dr who suggested this product. my only regret is I hadn't gone earlier. My skin is now clear of acne and I feel much more confident even leaving the house without makeup something I wouldn't do previously. It does easily bleach sheets, pillows and towels though so be careful."

Georgialm March 28, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I began using duac after treating what I thought was some kind of eczema on my face with every cream known to man, from steroid cream to sudocrem, nothing was getting rid. I then went to the doctors who said I had a form of acne on a small area of my face. I've only been using duac for 2 weeks and the difference is amazing. My skin isn't inflamed or pimply anymore. I can barely even notice redness, I think it will be gone completely in another week! I would highly recommend duac for anyone with skin problems! But don't be stupid like me, go to the doctors straight away!!"

FionaM March 19, 2015

For Acne: "I am 19 years old and for a few years I had little dormant white bumps all along my jaw and cheeks. I could rarely pop them; they would just stay there! I have always been religious with my skin care. I have a clarisonic and have tried salycilic based treatments, facials, face masks and glycolic acid as well. Glycol acid is wonderful but it can only do so much. I was fed up with this tiny zits on my face and told my doctor about them. She prescribed me this medication. I began using a gentler face wash to let this guy work away... and boy did it! The first two weeks of treatment made my skin feel very dull and dry; it felt like my top lift was peeling off! However, after a month I felt so confident. My skin was soft and SO clear- no zits!"

jb55 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2015

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I am a 20 years old and started breaking out in 5TH GRADE! Yes I was 10 years old. My cousins referred me to Benzaclin and I have been a faithful user ever since. It dries up your pimples so fast. If a friend has a pimple coming on before a special event I give them some and they are always pleased. The second I get lazy and stop applying this my face reverts back to it's old ways. I have been using this product for ten years and will use it until it no longer works for me. I absolutely love it and would recommend it to anyone struggling with mild acne and occasional breakouts."

BriJo (taken for 10 years or more) March 10, 2015