User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin

Also known as: Acanya, Benzaclin, Duac, Neuac, Onexton, Z-Clinz 10, Z-Clinz 5

Learn more about Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin.

Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin Review Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 454 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin to treat Acne

"I never do reviews but after reading all the positive ones written on here I felt frustrated as no one seems to mention the actual side effects of this gel. First side effect I noticed was the redness it caused on the areas I put the gel. For me it made my acne even more noticeable as now my skin tone was more uneven & looked even more sore. Another BIG side effect is the dryness, my skin is so flakey. So now covering my acne with makeup is a near impossible task. Also it is important to note I am moisturising which unfortunately thanks to the fact my skin is burnt from the gel, just stings! As far as I'm concerned this gel aims to fix one problem by giving you another."

Nini110640706 July 24, 2015

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "It has been the best! I only had a little acne here and there but this stuff gets rid of it completely! My advice would to only use a little dot for every part of your face . Because when I first got this product I used way to much for the first month and it dried me out like crazy until I realized I was using way too much"

KatieBerry2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2015

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I have been dealing with adult acne for years. The product does work but I had to give it a little time. It's been close to a month and my skin is almost clear. I did have a few breakouts last week but were gone 2 days later. I also experienced some dryness and peeling after washing my face with Proactiv and applying onexton right after. The other thing I noticed was unbearable stomach and leg cramps the first day of my period. I usually get cramps but 1 Tylenol normally does the trick; not this time. My cheeks are a little rosier than normal and my chin, which is where I apply most of the medicine, is turning a bit yellow (weird). I think it's worth a shot but get in tune with your body in case there are any side effects"

J.I.L. (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2015

"Compared to before! It's great but just a warning: if you don't wash your hands right away/ go to sleep with it still wet on your face, it will fade colors of things. Also wash your hands right away and don't wipe them on a a cloth towel it will stain that use paper! And it may sting your face if you have open acne but it will go away in 5-10 mins!"

Abbey continued (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 17, 2015

"I've only been using Duac for a couple of days and I see some improvement! I know a lot of people get side effects such as a burning face and flaky skin but I didn't get any of this, only a bit of dry skin round the spots and the first few days I used it, it made all my spots into white head spots! It's a really good cream to try out if you're running out of ideas! My doctor prescribed me this and advised me to use it every night before I go to sleep."

SOPHIEG123 July 16, 2015

"I had very bad acne problem, especially my on my face. I had it for a long time and nothing helped much. Then I started having them on my hair, I bought Oxigel and it has since worked miracles for me. All my acne is gone and also the scars though some times mild acne come back though it has almost cleared up."

Armaan1502 July 15, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "ok I've never posted a review but just had to for this stuff, it has changed my life!!! I put up with hormonal acne for years. I went to my dr and asked for acne medication but as I was going to be ttc again soon he didn't want to give me oral medication but gave me the duac cream to try... It lasts 2 months, and honestly it cleared my acne up within 3-4 weeks... I saw improvements straight away... I still got the odd pimple in that time but my biggest fear was that I would stop the cream and they would all come back. Well I used it for the full 2 months and I'm sooooo happy to say I literally have not had another single pimple since I stopped using it and that was 2 months ago!! every time I feel my soft smooth face I just can't believe it"

Hayels111 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2015

"I have been using this for about a month. I'm 22, I started getting severe cystic acne about 9 months ago and nothing helped. After a month on this, my acne and scars are 80% gone. And still well on its way to healing. I have only gotten a couple new pimples and white heads. I am loving this! It is drying, be sure to use a good facial lotion before applying! It helps a lot."

Dpaiges92 July 7, 2015

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I'm 24 and have been using Acanya since I was 18. I remember noticing a difference within the first few days and massive improvement within a few weeks-1 month? Don't really remember, however, this product has remained relatively effective for 6 years for me. Skin is 90% clear other than cysts when I am highly stressed or due to hormones :/ This medication only gets 9/10 because I still get blackheads and cysts occationally and it's very expensive"

Long time user of Acanya June 24, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I have been using duac for around 6 months maybe a bit longer and although i have noticed a difference with my spots i really dislike the fact in makes my skin so dry. I would however recommend it to anyone suffering with acne who doesnt mind the dryness as it does appear to clear it up."

Han1459 June 22, 2015

"Worst thing ever. Cleared my face in 3 days only to make it twice as worse after the 3rd day. I now have acne in places I've never ever had a single breakout. I hate it"

Julie145 June 16, 2015

"I am just so in love with this gel. It's just been a week and all my acne including the scars have disappeared like magic. I've never felt my skin any smoother and glowy. Wish I'd tried it earlier :)"

Nickyreed (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2015

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Did not worl"

cjkm June 12, 2015

"It's been only two days but I don't feel any itching or flakiness or redness. Is it normal or does that mean the medicine isn't working? I feel a better texture on my face though. Please help!"

Ayesha12 June 12, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Ive been using duac cream for 2 years now and honestly it's the best thing I've ever had. I didn't really have acne just dark patches on my face, and it has cleared them up so well better than other facial products. Only annoying thing is my face gets very dry, and went I put makeup on my face cracks, but I just over moisturise. Definatly recommend duac cream though, gave me so much more confidence"

Swansy June 5, 2015

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "My doctor prescribed Benzaclin after my other acne medicine stopped working for me. The first month was rough, my skin was really dry and it peeled alot. Things got better, my face cleared up, I did get some breakouts here and there but with a pea size amount of benzalin, it would shrink and dry out my pores and pimples. If you do not see results within a week or two, do not stop applying bezaclin! The first 6-8 weeks may be rough but it really does clear up your skin. And my scars have faded. Do not over apply the medicine, it can cause over dryness of the face and excessive peeling. Hope benzaclin will help you beat acne like it helped me!"

caligirl20 May 27, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Well I'm 13 years old and have been using duac for 2 going into 3 years now and straight away I noticed a difference but after a while it seems as if it doesn't work as much but I carried on using it and now( 2 years later) my acne has cleared and the only thing I have to deal with is my acne scars! Great product and I highly recommend it!"

P123321111444555 May 23, 2015

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Onexton is absolutely amazing! Have been using now for about 3-4 months. I apply it every night after removing my make up and washing my face thoroughly with CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser. I was worried about facial skin peeling/redness that I experienced with other prescription topical medications that I had tried in the past for acne (Ex. tretinoin, benzaclin, etc.) I have not had any redness or peeling since starting Onexton. My face is pretty much clear (exceptionally noticeable difference compared to 4 months ago). I also take Spironolactone 100mg daily for acne which was started at the same time as the Onexton. For the first time in YEARS, my face is mostly clear without any redness or peeling. $0 copay with savings card!"

Vanessa_35 May 21, 2015

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I was never one to have severe acne, just a few small bumps here and there with a few big pimples that come every so often.However, they scarred very easily and left huge dark spots that were like 5x the size of little whitehead. I went to my doctor to get rid of these dark spots that everyone was noticing. She prescribed benzaclin and I saw results! She recommended I cleanse my face with an Aveeno product, as it is gentle on skin, and it is amazing! At night I wash my face with Aveeno Positively Radiant cleanser and then apply benzaclin (mainly focussing on the area with the dark spots). In the morning I use Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer and these dark spots fade very quickly and it prevents further pimples. My face glows now!"

BenzaClear!! May 20, 2015

"This is THE best anti-acne solution there is. Reading most of the other reviews, I can see people are not using it correctly. A dermatologist in Scotland put me on to this (Duac 12mg/g 50mg/g gel) and explained it is TO BE USED SPARINGLY. i.e. do not rub it all over your face or it will not only burn and dry your skin (which in turn will cause your sebacious glands to activate to moisturise your skin which can lead to get more acne infection) but also make your system more resistant to the antibiotic. IMPORTANT: Apply to each pimple individual and slightly around the area, not all over your face or back I have since been given another tube of Duac in Romania that is weaker (10mg/g 30mg/g) & found this still works, might be better for some"

ScotAfriKiwi (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "After suffering for almost 20 years with severe acne and cystic acne. I have been on Duac for only 3 weeks and have seen the biggest change than with any other treatment I've tried. Almost all acne has gone, only cystic acne that will take longer due to being so far under the skin. It's amazing, I've not felt my skin this smooth since I was 9 years old. No new acne breakouts since being on this either. Which is amazing because I'd normally have one or two new ones every day.. LOVE this stuff"

Christieee May 18, 2015

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "The gel worked at first clearing my skin quickly, but then it stopped working and all my acne came back even worse."

Doe2345 May 9, 2015

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I am a 23 y/o female and have had moderate acne since I was a teenager. I went to the dermatologist about 3 weeks ago and she prescribed me Acanya for the morning, Ziana at night, and Minocycline twice a day. I can say I see a huge difference in my acne, I have had no new pimples since starting this treatment, and my acne marks are fading. My only issue is that the creams (mostly the Acanya) make my face red and burn very badly for an hour or so after applying, but that goes away. My lips are very dry and cracked as well. I do use a moisturizer but I'm liberal with it because my face gets very oily."

Emily021 May 7, 2015

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I'm 16 & have struggled w/ mild acne since age12. However, my sister who is 17 has struggled with severe acne since she was 14. She recently saw a dermatologist and he prescribed her Acanya in the morning & Atralin at night. I noticed an amazing difference in her skin within 3 months. She was more confident & seemed to glow...literally! Acanya actually makes your skin look brighter & healthier. Like I said, I also suffer w/ acne. Although mine is mild, I tend to scratch/pick at it when I am nervous or stressed causing it to inflame & become much worse than it should be. This made me want to try it, so I got a few samples, an began to see incredible results within just 1 week! This product is truly a life saver!"

Rows May 1, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I'm 15 years old and I've been on this treatment for around about a year. Straight away when I started using it my skin totally cleared up within weeks. I stopped using the treatment for around about 2-3 weeks and I immediately noticed within a week of not using it my spots had came back. I couldn't get hold of the duac because there was a manufacturing problem but when I could get it again and I started using it my spots wouldn't go away. It took around 2 month to get clear skin the first time around but the second it took around 8 months. Another problem I've had with duac is about 2-4 times I've used the duac its burnt my face so I've had to rub it off and it tends do give me really flakey,dry, tight skin. Overall i think its really good"

sparkels15 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 22, 2015