User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin

Also known as: Acanya, Benzaclin, Duac, Z-Clinz 10, Z-Clinz 5

Learn more about Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin.

Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin review summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 450 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin to treat Acne

Review by jassie1991:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I had a breakout of acne all over my forehead and chin, after 4 days of using Duac my skin has completely healed up and even without leaving the red marks I usually get when a spot has gone, very impressed, will not be using anything else other than Duac from now on!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2014 2:34 AM

Review by NatalieCeeee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): This stuff works fantastically well. I am a 30 year old female with adult onset acne. I have been struggling with cysts, nodules, and pustules for eight months, exclusively on my chin. I was using a Retin-A 0.025% product but it wasn't enough. I started taking Benzaclin around the same time as Yaz (birth control) and Minocycline (antibiotic) and the combination cleared me in a month. The Benzaclin stands out in my regime because it single-handedly dried up all of my large pimples upon first use (I noticed a dramatic improvement the next day, and then every day after that). It will take a bit for all the current pimples to heal themselves (and some may surface over the first two weeks) but you should notice improvements right away!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 12, 2014 8:45 AM

Review by Sian21 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I had acne really bad about 2 - 3 years ago. I tried everything I could do for about a year and nothing worked. I went to the doctor and as I suffer from dry skin too he gave me E45 and Duac gel. At night I wash my face with a gentle face wash an put my E45 on let it sink in then put Duac all over! I saw results in a week or 2 it's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I'm still using it to this day 3 years on. As if I don't use it for a month I tend to come up in spots so I use it every night. Best thing ever. Highly recommend.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 2, 2014 7:11 PM

Review by Urizzbro (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Have been using for the past 3 years or so and is truly a wonder medicine. Clears up any acne, and I have a routine where I put it on before bed each night. Once you find your "perfect" amount of gel to apply, you'll find your face to be pimple free and soft. Don't worry about dryness, that only occurs if you apply way too much medicine. Seriously would recommend this to anyone who struggles with acne, and that I can guarantee you'll love it and stick with it, just like I have!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2014 9:55 PM

Review by Loubylou (taken for less than 1 month):

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): Been suffering from mild/moderate acne for about a year, at 30 years old and having never really suffered as a teenager, I've found it quite distressing and upsetting. Ten days ago I gave up with over the counter creams and went to the doctors. He prescribed me Duac 5% and WOW is all I can say. This is a miracle product. After just 3 days I saw a noticeable improvement in my skin and actually woke up every day excited to look in the mirror to see how much better it was! I'm now on day 10 and my skin is almost clear, highly recommend this, only advice - invest in a good moisturizer, can be quite drying but does exactly what you want it to and FAST.

September 24, 2014 1:18 PM

Review by Makeup doll:

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I have SEVERELY oily skin! I mean I have to blot my face several times a day to literally keep from looking like I rubbed baby oil on my face! I used the medicine as a teen and it worked wonders! Now I'm 25 and my dermatologist says I still have the skin of a 16 yr old (the oil producing cells in your body are supposed to stop working as well as you age, which is the cause of wrinkles, but mine shows ZERO sign of slowing down) anyway, dermatologist put me on Tazorac which is supposed to fix that, worked ok for a few weeks but still super oily! I asked him for this medicine because I remembered it working so well for me! I've only been on it a week and WOW I can already see a difference! And for someone with as much oil as me, I appreciate the drying affect of this.

August 21, 2014 12:19 AM

Review by cat351:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): It's a miracle product and I've just learned that Glaxo stopped manufacturing in 2014! It shrunk my enlarged pores and prevents any new breakouts - best medicine I've ever used and now scared they will stop producing it. I've been using it over 8 years now. The out of pocket was a lot but it's so worth it and nothing else works like it.

August 14, 2014 3:34 PM

Review by luvlyitaly:

I used clindamycin phosphate benzoyl peroxide gel 1%*5%. In the first few weeks I experienced redness and scaly like skin, it also burned. But in time it cleared up and now my skin is back to normal.

July 6, 2014 8:22 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I have had pretty bad skin for about four years now; usually just large whiteheads in my T-Zone in particular, but they seem to scar awfully and it was really starting to affect my confidence. I had tried everything and nothing seemed to work, but then I went to my doctor and he prescribed me with Duac. I have never been so thankful! In around three months of use my skin has almost completely cleared up, and my scars have faded so much! I have experienced no itchiness or burning on application; I'm not sure if this is because I moisturize before I put the product on, but I would recommend doing so.

July 5, 2014 3:49 AM

Review by Miss mall (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I was experiencing mild acne on my face. The doctor prescribed me Duac gel and it's completely cleared up my skin.

June 20, 2014 2:35 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I could not find one cream, scrub, or cleanser that worked. I tried Benzaclin and it cleared my face up within a month and haven't had a break out since. It's amazing! I love it!

June 10, 2014 3:57 PM

Review by legakris (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I applied this cream twice daily, after cleansing my face with Spectro Gel, and it works amazing! It has cleared up my face completely. All of my friends have noticed, too. I would recommend this to any teenager with issues with acne or pimples and blemishes. Just make sure you apply it faithfully! Your blemishes, acne, and pimples will come back if you don't stick to your facial cleansing routine.

May 29, 2014 7:44 PM

Review by AmareeLewis00 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I am 24 and have had clear skin all my life. I had to change contraceptives and got Implanon. A side effect was one to two very large and painful pimples appearing on a weekly basis. My doctor prescribed me Duac for the breakouts and I noticed results straight away. In the five weeks I've been using Duac, I haven't had any pimples. My skin was very dry in the first week but went back to normal in the second week. It has been great for my skin and my confidence.

May 28, 2014 11:55 AM

Review by Miss Anonymous:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I've been suffering from acne for about 3 years now. I've tried so many products on my face to get rid of it but nothing seemed to work. Last month I went to my doctor & he gave me a prescription for Duac and told me to apply it every night, after washing my face with soap. It's been a few weeks now & I have really been seeing a huge improvement on my face. Although it's working, I have been getting a few side effects, such as flakiness and ichy cheeks. But I am still happy about the results I've got so far.

May 17, 2014 5:08 PM

Review by Kratie lady:

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): Benzaclin worked amazingly for me. I used it for 10 years before it stopped working. My Dr. prescribed an 2 oral meds plus Retin-A, and my skin is terrible. I wish there was a stronger version of Benzaclin available or something like it that I could switch to when it's effectiveness wears off.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 16, 2014 5:58 PM

Review by andrea232:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I went to the doctor from experiencing mild acne, especially on my forward head. I have combination skin, oily and dry in different places. Also scaring from previous acne. The doctor prescribed the cream Duac, she told me to wear it at night before I go to bed and wash my face off in the morning. Its been a few days now and I already see a change. No new pimples are appearing, old acne clearing, and past scars are fading. It is in my opinion, very effective and quick. However, it does dry out your skin, but along as you moisturise it should be fine. I would definitely recommend this product.

April 19, 2014 8:32 PM

Review by CeeCeeS:

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): Due to a switch to a generic brand birth control by the pharmacist, my acne flared like a raging fire. I am almost 30, and it was painful and embarrassing. I have tried numerous topicals when I was younger, but this one is by far the best! I apply it to my face only at night. As recommended by my doctor, I mix my regular face cream with it to provide extra moisture! As a result, I have not had any of the mentioned face peeling/drying issues. I also spot treat my acne scars with Vitamin E cream that makes them fade significantly quicker.

April 6, 2014 8:41 PM

Review by makeupaddict:

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I'm 18. I've been using this since I was 11. This really helps me, hands down the best product. I always find myself running back to this product! I'm not even kidding right now. I broke out so much and I finally bought it and it works wonders. I tried so many products. You name it, I used it. This cleared me up and everyone was complimenting on how clear my skin was. I was once again confident! Then after a while when I was 17, I started breaking out again but this time it was hormonal. They were painful acne, it hurt to move my face and everything but thanks to Benzaclin it changed everything. Yes, it gets real dry and itchy but it's worth it because in the end you get beautiful skin.

March 31, 2014 7:25 PM

Review by Reg13:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): This product is a lifesaver! I use Duac at night in combination with Differin in the morning and Sumadan wash before I apply both, and it has done wonders for my skin. I broke out terribly last year (I was 15 then) with huge white heads and bumps all across my forehead and T-zone, and the occasional chin zit. I began using this in June and by the end of the summer my acne was COMPLETELY gone. Aside from being slightly drying (which is totally fine so long as you use a moisturizer 30 minutes after applying) this medicine is wonderful. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone struggling with moderate to severe acne, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't work right away like it did for me. Also, the tube lasted me forever! Almost 9 months.

March 17, 2014 9:47 PM

Review by Mid 40s hormonal acne (taken for less than 1 month):

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I developed hormonal acne on chin and both cheeks in my 40s. I use a very very thin layer of Benzaclin on my face except around nose and eyes, after washing with Cetaphil anti-bacterial soap. Basically the size of a pea for whole face. I let it dry for 15 mins after which I gently wipe off any left over while film on the face. I then follow up with Cetaphil moisturizer. I have combination skin so I make sure to put a good amount of Cetaphil on my dry areas. I settled on this regiment after having no luck with Avar cleanser and Differin. I stopped using Differin after 2 months because I found the Benzaclin very effective and did not want to use both. It has been 2 weeks on the benzaclin routine and so far no new breakouts.

March 8, 2014 11:17 PM

Review by rita0044 (taken for less than 1 month):

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I used this medication along with a benzoyl peroxide wash. I agree, it has worked miracles for me. I use them both at night and in the morning and it is very drying. I don't mind that it dries my skin out, however, because it caused my skin to peel which made my scars go away very quickly. Sometimes I avoid using the cream on my face in the morning and just put lotion on because no one wants their face peeling during the day.

March 5, 2014 1:25 PM

Review by AcneSurvivor101 (taken for less than 1 month):

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): Great product but the side effects are awful! I've been using Duac for a week now and literally all of my blackheads have disappeared it's amazing! My spots have also shrank in size a lot and have almost healed and my scars are fading too. The only trouble I have had with Duac is that when I first put it on it dried my skin out a lot and made it extremely flaky and then when I continued to use it, applying it on most of the area of my face I woke up the next morning and both of my cheeks were burning, bright red and really itchy. I stopped using it for a couple of days until the redness had gone and then applied a smaller amount, but still the burning and itchy sensation has returned.

February 15, 2014 5:42 PM

Review by Mel007:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): What an amazing product. I have struggled with acne for about 10 years (now 22), my entire T-zone has always had blackheads which (although not good for the skin) I have been extracting almost every second day. It has made me extremely frustrated that no matter how much money I spend on keeping my skin healthy, it was always a temporary fix. I wanted an alternative to the pill as I was terrified of the side effects it came with. The doctor gave me Duac. I have been using this product every night (after I moisturize) and I am now on my fifth day - ALL OF MY BLACKHEADS ARE GONE. Don't ask me how! I have not had any peeling, dryness, redness or burning. There is only a small tingling sensation when applied. This is a lifesaver of a product.

February 9, 2014 10:02 PM

Review by Madelmadels:

I've been using this product for about a 6 weeks on and off. It doesn't burn and in fact it took redness away and turned pimples into a minuscule size within 24-48 hours. I put it on in the morning and that's it. My skin is soft as always and hasn't dried out maybe I'm using something different mine says Clindamycin phosphate and benzoyl peroxide gel, 1%*/5%.

February 9, 2014 11:35 AM

Review by Jodiea80:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): Prescribed by the doctor as after coming off the pill I broke out in spots. First time I used it I had a severe reaction. I felt a burning & tight sensation on my face, looked in the mirror & it looked like I had been burnt. I took an antihistamine straight away. Nothing changed after 2 hours so attended the hospital who advised me that I had received the worst allergic reaction they had ever seen.

February 1, 2014 12:24 PM