User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin

Also known as: Acanya, Benzaclin, Duac, Neuac, Onexton, Z-Clinz 10, Z-Clinz 5

Learn more about Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin.

Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 432 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin to treat Acne

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Found this gel great. I was prescribed a cream to try first and it made my skin all dry and red so had I stop using it. Doc prescribed this gel next and my skin cleared up within about two weeks and had been fantastic ever since. No random blow out and under the skin lump spots. Had no side effects and the tube actually goes quite far."

Sallysausage April 25, 2016

"Ok so I've always had clear skin until a few weeks ago when I broke out with a large amount of red dots all along me cheeks and forehead. I was prescribed this and I've only been using it for 1 day but my face is almost 100% better this medicine works wonders. It can be very drying to the skin so I suggest moisturizing before and then a few hours after applying I'm very IMPRESSED and exited to continue using this product"

Michyyyy April 21, 2016

"I was on this less than a year ago and it really cleared up my face to the best it's ever been. My face became really smooth though, it was a bit drying. I stopped using it for a few months and broke out a lot, now I'm trying to use it again and it doesn't seem to be working."

Jangming808 April 20, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I was given duac and told my skin would do slightly dry, red, patchy etc.. First few days - no effect, after day 3 my face went bright red, extremely dry and sore with an intense burning and tingling sensation. After stopping for a few days and having to sleep with Vaseline on my face, I finally got back to my spotty normal skin, no dry patches, redness etc.. After a few days off Duac, I decided to try it again. I used it religiously every night before bed.. and NO reactions!! No dryness, redness, or burning!! It has been 2 months of using Duac every night and all of my spots have gone down and stayed away!! Still no dryness, redness or burning again. My advice.. STICK AT IT. Maybe a few days rest here and there, but stick at it."

MissSM (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I've only been using Duac for 5 days but my skin is already so much clearer. I'm experiencing the dryness and peeling, but I can count the amount of new spots I've had since using it on one hand. Usually when I get up in the morning I can expect to see at least 3 new spots on various parts of my face, so it's a huge improvement for me. I was put on it because I obsessively pick at my skin (which is linked with my anxiety) and so, the more blemishes I have, the more I damage my face. So far, Duac is really helping me to leave my face alone and I hope it will continue this way. If anyone has a similar problem I would recommend at least giving it a try."

jek95 April 12, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Honestly so happy that I was prescribe this!!! Never ever had problems with my skin and then recently I was diagnosed with 'mild acne' and given this .. Absolutely over the moon with how much its cleared up my face and I had results within the first night of using it! Skin is dry in the morning but overall would definitely recommend this product!!"

Al98x April 11, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Its a great cream but, every morning I have to peel my skin?...my acne was fine with in an month."

Miha (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2016

"I'm going onto my 4th day of using benzoyl peroxide/ clindamycin and I haven't noticed a difference expect that its extremely drying to the skin! I used 2 doses a day, I'm really hoping I see results in the following weeks!"

Guzmaan April 4, 2016

"I had acne vulgaris since 4 years.. I consult with my doctor and he provided me clindamic with benzoyl peroxide but it's not totally cure yet what should I do.. please help me"

Shreon April 2, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): ""It is really effective. I had a lot of treatment for my acne but it never went. I was hopeless a then my doctor prescribed Duac to me I used and it really worked but when I stop using it my acne comes back.""

ammy blue March 31, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "After four years of trying different medications such as the 'dabber', lotion the pill, two gels and tablets I have been perscribed Duac and I really hope it work! Had my first lot tonight so hopefully it might help!"

Lucyloo978 March 29, 2016

"I've been using this product for 3 weeks , in the first few days your skin will get dry but after it will be fine, for me after the first week my acne was disappearing now it's been 3 weeks and I have no acne at all"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Been using it for over a month now, still the same amount of spots if not even more, has not worked for me, time to visit the GP again"

Moey (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "This product started to work for me in about a week. I had problems with chin acne and it cleared up within two weeks. It did leave my skin dry and itchy so I used a moisturiser for my skin the next morning after applying the gel the night before. A very effective product I love it!"

CaKe425 (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "No acne just blemishes after shower and leave pimples. Only get red cheeks and raised pimple when hot. Doctor gave me this to try. Applied first lot tonight. See how it goes ...."

VikJ (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I specifically asked for this prescription from my dermatologist due to all of the high ratings. I am very glad I did. I have been on Clindamycin solution for about three years and it has stopped being effective and that is why I switched to Benzaclin. It was helped my breakouts a lot and my skin is mostly clear with an occasional break out or two that go away in a couple of days. However, it is extremely drying the first 2-3 weeks. My skin was so dry I could literally feel my skin rubbing off in the shower. Also, avoid your eyes and your eyebrows. The skin around your eyes is way too sensitive for this product. Also, it lightly bleached some of my eyebrows. Nothing too bad, but I notice it. Overall, I would give it a chance."

cabrooke March 21, 2016

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Onexton was my last resort before Accutane and I am SO glad my derm prescribed it to me. I had hormonal cysts that were painful and inflamed. I've been on Onexton for six months and now I have no acne at all. I feel like I tried everything and this was the only thing that worked for me. Your skin does need time to adjust to it because it's a powerful medication, so make sure you're only using a small amount at first. I like to mix mine with moisturizer and apply at the same time. Seriously has been a lifesaver."

Km84 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 18, 2016

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I don't have bad acne but I get cystic acne on my chin from hormones that last weeks! This is the only cream that made my skin close to perfect after a few months I didn't know it was the cream until I ran out and my acne came back, I need to get a new bottle ASAP!"

gaby789 March 11, 2016

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Acanya worked AMAZINGLY on me for two years. I had moderate acne around my mouth, chin, and all over my forehead. Acanya started working immediately (never even got the initial breakout) and within 2-3 months, my skin was completely clear. People were actually complimenting me on my complexion! However, after two years, Acanya was no longer effective. My skin is not nearly as bad as it used to be as a teenager (I'm 23 now), but I still get breakouts on my forehead and chin when I'm about to start my period. Since Acanya no longer works, my dermatologist has recently prescribed me Epiduo, which is benzoyl peroxide and adapalene. Fingers crossed that Epiduo works as well as Acanya did!"

Skim Shady (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 2, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "First time I tried this it left me with VERY red itchy and dry skin for at least a week so I took a gap and coated my face in coconut oil instead for a week to help it. I then went back on to it using a little less than before but also I swapped my moisturiser with coconut oil. My skin is still dry and can get itchy but the redness has totally gone down, the red acne scarring on my face has gone down a lot and it's only been two weeks. Very impressed."

Annabelle010 March 1, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "We'll I've had spots on my cheeks, neck, forehead and the bridge between my eye brows for ages, they never mature (into a whitehead) but just seem to stay and blend in with my skin leaving my skin tense, dry, and dark especially around the cheeks, I was prescribed 30g Duac on 19/02/16 so I shall return in about a month for an update but after a week I see no changes to my skin as of yet!"

Johnnnny February 27, 2016

"I used this for a solid month with an acne pill prescribed by my doctor and it worked fairly well, moderately fast, and overall a good product. However, I ran out of pills and seeing as my skin was mostly clear, had no reason to refill the prescription of pills and therefore use the gel for a couple of months. As foreseen, the acne came back, and so I decided to start using it again. I woke up the morning after I used it to find the applied areas bright red and almost tight. It felt like the worst sunburn I have ever had in my life, plus it itched. Though, if you look past the odd sunburn thing that lasted roughly a day or so, when I woke up, all of my acne was gone. I had 4-5 blaring pimples on my nose and were gone by the next morning."

(((: February 16, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I have very sensitive skin and am prone to dry/itchy skin however Duac has not affected me in this way at all. Duac literally got rid of all my spots on my forehead within a few uses, and not only that, but that was 3 years ago and I haven't suffered since. I use it every now and then on the odd spot but that's all...Duac is a miracle!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 16, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "40 yrs old & last year tried the progesterone only pill for just 5 months (ceased that pill 4 months ago) but ever since my once near perfect skin has been plagued by constant hormonal spots. The doctor prescribed Duac & said it could cause redness & drying. I used this for 2 nights only, last Monday & Tuesday, applying just a very thin layer to all areas affected by spots as per the directions. By Wednesday afternoon my skin had started going pink & itchy so I didn't use it again. Woke up Thursday morning with red, itchy, burning patches all over, like port stain birthmarks, & it is still driving me crazy now, trying not to scratch, using moisturisers but to no joy - 5 days it has been like this, wish I had not used it."

SamPUK February 14, 2016

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I have been using Acanya for a while now because of my mild acne, I stopped using it for a few weeks because my skin was really clear. Now I've been back on it my skin is horrid, every time I put it on I get burns on my face almost like sun burns. It worked really well in the beginning but now all it's doing is burning my skin and it's terrible."

kdawes February 14, 2016