User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin

Also known as: Acanya, Benzaclin, Duac, Neuac, Onexton, Z-Clinz 10, Z-Clinz 5

Learn more about Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin.

Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 462 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin to treat Acne

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Face has become very red, itchy, dry and sore. Skin looks worse!"

unhappypatient February 7, 2016

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Had few breakouts until age 23 I broke out badly, graded moderate acne with some cystic. After two weeks skin it is healing and basically zero breakouts. I use it morning and night. Oil free moisturizer 5 min after in morning. Vaseline around eyes at night due to bad drying in that sensitive area. Benzaclin is legit. Wouldn't say I had oily skin before (would dry actually) but I had over production of sebum and this simply eliminated that issue"

Ggggggggggg February 1, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I've never used any type of acne medication, I've been using this for a week now and I can see a big improvement only problems I see is that it leaves my skin extremely dry and itchy which is irritating but hey no more acne! ^-^ I would recommend as long as you have a extremely good moisturizer!"

Alpacalypse January 31, 2016

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. I used it for 3 days and ALL my acne was completely gone. I went from 20 pimples to none in 3 days. The first day I used it morning and night the first night and found it was quite drying. I've found that one pump at night and just a moisturizer in the morning is perfect!! This stuff is a miracle product! I recommend not using it all over your face after your skin clears up just as a spot treatment when needed."

camryndawna (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "It is really effective. I had a lot of treatment for my acne but it never went. I was hopeless a then my doctor prescribed Duac to me I used and it really worked but when I stop using it my acne comes back."

Juwairiah (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 29, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I had a clean face but since I had dramatic weight loss I had an outbreak of acne. My dermatologist gave me duac, I've used it since September and it has been slow but I've seen a big change. Its doing its job well , only thing is that it leaves your skin dry."

Chillyhaya (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "So I was prescribed Duac on Monday 11th by my doctor after trying 3 different types of treatment which didn't really work! I know it's early days but I have seen slight improvement already!!! I have had no side effects at all, no burning sensation, no flaking skin, doesn't make my makeup go cakey either! Absolute love this so far!!"

AllyH91 January 13, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "My acne was really bad I took some tablets and then that cleared my skin from acne but not the spots so I went to my docter and she gave me this. I'm still using it butIi can see a lot of improvment thank you DUAC"

;) hey January 10, 2016

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I had mild acne until I went on Benzaclin. Usually 4-5 pimples at any time. After using Benzaclin for a week, I can say my acne has completely cleared up! I apply a thin layer all over my face. It is very tempting to apply more to troublesome areas but additional product will only cause dryness. I still have red marks from where the pimples were but am sure that within a month or so they too will be gone!"

Alexx456 January 4, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I have tried many creams and masks to treat my acne but found only Duac worked. It reduced spots and decreased the amount I got. It worked within 5 or so days and I would definitely recommend it to friends."

Emmie-lou December 28, 2015

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I had moderate acne and frequently got cystic acne due to my extremely oily skin. The cystic acne was so deep and painful that I asked my doctor about what to do and she perscribed me this. I swear it works miracles! My acne was virtually gone after 2 weeks, and my ultra oily skin felt normal and smooth! Even though the box says it only helps acne vulgaris, benzaclin really works on cystic acne as well."

Momomoca (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 18, 2015

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Thank God i read the reviews before applying this gel, I was planning to apply it all over my face just like my dermatologist suggested but after reading about the possible effects I decided to be cautious and apply the gel on one spot only, Acanya gel basically burned my skin,I have a red patch and it looks irritated, I will not use this anymore, I rather wait for the pimples to heal than burn my skin with this gel I've been triying apple cider vinegar as a toner at nighttime to balance the PH of the skin and control the excess oiliness and I can see an improvement, mix half distilled water half ACV"

Lorena1981 December 17, 2015

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I've been using this for about 3 years now. This is probably the first product I've ever used that resulted in clearer skin, both on my face and my body. I went from having at least 5-7 big red pimples at all times, often more when I was on my period, to having clear skin with maybe a few small blemishes most of the time. It took a few months before I noticed it was actually working. Everything was great until 2 months ago, I now have acne just as bad, if not worse, than ever before (face and back). I still use Benzaclin but it's had absolutely no effect, which is extremely disappointing. Back to square one I guess."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 9, 2015

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "If I could give this a negative number I would. It murdered my skin. It made my skin horribly worse. I woke up the morning after my first application (which happened to be the day I was taking the SAT!) with my skin just a horrible peeling, painful mess. My skin felt like there was acid under earth it. My face was disgusting, it was completely tight (it looked leathery!!!) and covered with dead skin, I couldn't see fresh skin ANYWHERE. It was all peeling off. And burning. I, of course, stopped using it. But for the next 2 weeks my skin was peeling non stop (moisturizer and exfoliating were no help) and my face was dark red. It looked like I had had an absolutely horrible sunburn. This was after just using Onexton ONCE. Wouldn't recommend."

IT SUCKS (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Honestly this cream is a MIRACLE! About 3 years ago my skin was full of spots and acne and i had blackhead all in my tzone and they never went. I went to my doctor as I couldn't stand looking in the mirror anymore. He gave me this and yes it gave me very bad painful red skin and peeling skin but after a few weeks it went but you could see a difference in my spots in a few days as my family was commenting on it. I did it for the 12 weeks and my face was COMPLETELY clear. I was so happy. Then after about a month it all came back so I went back to the doctors. He said I should try the cream again but for as long as I needed it for. I'm still using it now and that was nearly a year ago. My face is clear and its because of this cream."

zozeebo December 2, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "This stuff is a miracle! I haven't really got bad acne but am always getting blemishes. The doctor prescribed me with duac and after the first few days my spots had cleared up already. No redness or irritation whatsoever. I would highly reccomend giving duac a go and also to use moisturiser with duac as it dries your skin."

Abb123 (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I've used it for a week and first three days were ok besides the peeling off the skin, it was moderate and not ichy a lot; so I gave it a chance. After a week or so one morning woke up with competely irritated skin, red, it was like I had laser procedure. Didn't use it the following night hoping redness and itchiness would go for good but following day was even worse. Puffy red, itchy and irritated skin, dry like a raisin..so and as it's weekend have to stay calm till tomorrow's doctor's appointment hoping it will all get cured. Really seems like allergy or chemical burnt. I really hope it will be healed. I really advise it to use on small parts of the acne affected places just to give it a try."

Arliina (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "So I was prescribed this product a little under a month ago and I have to say,I'm really impressed! After two weeks my skin was a lot clearer than it had been. After using Zyneret and being on oral antibiotics and the pill to try clear my skin this was the one thing that truly wowed me."

Erbearebecca (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I've been using this medication for over a week now and it's made my skin extremely dry, I can't apply foundation without it looking patchy regardless of the amount of moisturiser I use morning and night alongside primer. It's broken my face out with pimples. I didn't even have pimples to start of with-the medication was for scaring. I am so dissapointed with this because it's further spoilt my skin"

Anonymous November 16, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "This gel has completely changed my life. its been only 10 days that I am using it And I can see a huge improvement on my skin. Scars have started fading but don't know why they still hurt when I touch them. I'm hoping for the best. I would suggest people who have acne like me that pls go and get it from your dermatologist. I use a homemade face pack on your skin after every 2 days to have a healthy peeling. I guess it works by peeling the surface of the acne prone area . Best of luck guys This Duac gel is a lifesaver and it's worth the money"

Haseen dfdf November 16, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I had incredibly bad acne. I would get picked on for having such bad skin, my skin would make me cry it was so horrible. Nothing worked for me, everything I took to control my acne just made it worse. Then I tried duac and nothing cleared my skin faster than this. This product has made my skin go from nothing but spots to completely flawless. I would recommend this to everyone with acne or blemishes."

Teezee November 15, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I've been using Duac gel for around two years now. I know it's supposed to be a 12 week treatment for acne however when I first used this I had acne and I used it for maybe two weeks and my acne was gone. Once I stop using Duac gel I get the odd spots so I just use it everyday to prevent my spots coming back and I take a two week break every three months. I live in the UK so I get this product prescribed to me and a prescription on the NationalHealthService here is "

Charshoe2507 November 15, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I'm 16 and have acne for about 5 years, I was prescribed duac about 5 months ago, it worked about 2 months but has stopped working now, the doctor said that I should see immediate improvement I did but it eventually did nothing for my skin, I still have acne"

Lulul123456 November 14, 2015

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I am 22 years old and in the last couple of years my skin has gone through some changes. I have oily/combo skin and acne prone. I went to the dermatologist hoping for a simple fix product as I was only trying to control small breakouts. I did not go in with terrible acne, maybe like 3 active pimples. He prescribed Onexton and Epiduo. Told me to use Epiduo at night and Onexton during the day. I had to stop using Epiduo after one week because it was so terribly drying it was changing my skin color. I continued Onexton and my skin got so much WORSE. I continued using for 3 weeks and decided to stop because my breakouts were out of control. I've never had skin this bad before. Switching to an all-natural routine. Fingers crossed."

hayyquayy November 12, 2015

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Would not recommend this. I was recently proscribed by my dermatologist by using it every evening. I used it once and the next day my entirw face was red and itchy. I heard that the irritated skin lasts for a few days. Not only does it barely help my acne condition but its embarrassing and ridiculous to have to walk around with my face completely red."

I . L (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2015