Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin

Also known as: Acanya, Benzaclin, Duac, Neuac, Onexton, Z-Clinz 10, Z-Clinz 5

Learn more about Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin.

Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin review summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 455 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin to treat Acne

Review by Kistina:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I am 29 years old and a regular acne sufferer. I have comedones, blackheads, pimples which are not nice at all. So I went to visit a dermatologist just last Sep.2014 and she prescribed me Duac Gel to be use once daily at night after cleansing and been using it until now and it shows great improvement. One tube is good enough to be use for two months after opening and not that expensive. Just follow your doctor's instruction. My acne is mild to moderate and I recommend this one.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 5, 2015 2:54 PM

Review by Jonathanjoe (taken for less than 1 month):

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I got prescribed this a few month ago and I seen a difference within a week or so UNTIL I noticed how dry and flaky my skin was getting I couldn't bare it no longer as I was itch, itch and itch HOWEVER I was back to my doctors and got prescribed the same stuff only this time I am going to give it time and hope for the best results.

February 28, 2015 3:29 AM

Review by Nkhil:

This Cream is just awesome. I started getting pimples on my face and tried several products to get rid of it. Unfortunately, most of the products didn't work as per the expectation. I read about Benzoyl Peroxide and the wonders it can get to your skin. I went to the chemist and bought one pack of this cream. After applying this cream for almost 2 weeks all my pimples simply disappeared. I am continuing to use this cream for my skin to look healthy and glowing.

February 25, 2015 1:09 AM

Review by ceejay-oz:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I was given samples from my GP. Started to use it after the second night I notices a huge difference. My acne caused my polycystic ovarian syndrome symptoms (I don't have it only the symptoms) started to get smaller. The redness is slowly going & I've noticed one side has significantly reduced with acne. Using it on my pores and blackhead as well and they have shrunk. Only down side is it stains bed sheets but apart from that no negative review. Hoping this works permanently so I don't need to go on Roaacutane.

January 30, 2015 9:12 AM

Review by Isisd (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): Made my face really itchy and red so that I could stop scratching it, which caused the acne to spread further.

January 26, 2015 7:06 PM

Review by Jac attack:

I have always had pretty minimal acne, thank goodness, but when I got pregnant and had babies, I feel like I experienced some hormonal acne during the process. After my second when my body was regulating all the floods of hormones that come with birth I gave this cream a shot because my breakouts seemed more than usual. Clindamycin phosphate and benzoyl peroxide gel, 1.2%/5% it made a world of difference for me! Because I read many reviews saying it could dry your skin out badly, after I rinse my face with cool water I would apply a small amount of moisturizer, then the gel right moisturizer before bedtime. I really like this product! It works great with my body chemistry.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2015 12:08 PM

Review by Kirstlaw:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I didn't have bad acne whatsoever it was just random spots which kept on coming & going and I just wanted rid! I was so embarrassed to take my makeup off Infront of my boyfriend & friends because I felt so ugly which resulted in me wearing more & more makeup everyday ( which probably didn't help my skin much more ) but once I got prescribed this by the doctors it was the best ever! Although it left me with dry skin it was so good, I felt fresher and the best part was that people started to notice I wasn't bothered about taking my makeup off! I'm a 19 year old girl and it's all about makeup & looking good nowadays and spots / acne is awful to have Hope this helps!!

January 13, 2015 4:05 PM

Review by Taylah (taken for less than 1 month):

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I'm 15 and have been using this for just under a month. The first week it made my face really red, dry and itchy but I just used some moisturizer and hour after I put it on, or just put up with it. Now after a few weeks it does not burn or anything, pimples have cleared up so much! I have not even consistent in using it as it is the holidays but lately I have been and they are already clearing up! I have pimples all over my face, my forehead and temple have pretty much cleared, just waiting on the chin. Along with a good cleanser this stuff is amazing!

January 9, 2015 7:53 PM

Review by Cheer4lyfgal:

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I have had acne for several years now. The medication works awesome, don't get me wrong. I have had acne now for quite some time. I have been on Acanya now for 3 months, I have seen a huge improvement in my skin. BUT, I still have these red spots that won't go away. Now my face is smooth as a babies bottom, but not visually. Dry skin was the only side effect I experienced but that was only for the first couple of weeks. Make sure to hydrate yourself. Still have those red spots that 'look' like pimples but they aren't. It's weird, maybe it's acne scars or something. But I do recommend this to anyone was mild-severe acne! All depending on your hormones and stuff!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 2, 2015 11:21 PM

Review by Kaylaaaaaaaaaaa26 (taken for less than 1 month):

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): Also for the people saying it dries our your skin very badly, you must be using too much. It does dry your skin out but not badly at all. You're supposed to use very, very little bit of it on your acne. Not your whole face, just your acne. I learned the hard way. I loaded it up on my chin & it made my chin so dry & itchy & red. It looked horrible, like my whole chin was scabbed. It went away after I stopped putting the cream on it for a day or two.

January 2, 2015 9:23 PM

Review by sunnycoast:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I had lots of comedones and just plain old acne. The creams my doctor prescribed were no longer working and I went to the dermatologist. He prescribed Duac in the morning and Retin-A 0.1% at night. He told me Duac kills current breakouts and prevents them. Within three days, my acne was already drying up and going away. My face was pretty dry and burned for the first week so it took a while to get used to the medicine. It's been about two months now and my skin is pimple free and now my acne scars/redness is still fading. I'm very happy with this medicine although it is quite pricey ($70 with insurance for me). Dermatologist also recommended the VaniCream gentle cleansing bar to wash my face with and it's great and gentle!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 2, 2015 12:06 PM

Review by IrishGirl14 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I always had clear skin, then when I turned 19 my skin broke out mostly all over my chin, so many tiny "under skin" bumps and then big cystic red acne that wouldn't develop a head and took a long time to heal, after three months of my skin (chin) being completely destroyed with acne, my doctor prescribed Duac. Within a week my skin was completely clear. I did have dryness, so I made sure I washed my face with a gentle soap and an exfoliating brush in the morning and moisturized, then did the same at night before applying only a pea sized amount of Duac to ONLY my chin, where most of my spots appeared! It works amazing, but I would ensure I moisturized A LOT with this product and only use the prescribed amount once a day.

December 20, 2014 6:35 PM

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I was prescribed this cream by my doctor and its brilliant! I've seen a lot of comments saying that it burns and it made peoples faces itchy but not everyone has the same skin. Our skin will react in different ways. But I have to say after the 1st time of using it the blackheads on my nose got smaller. I would highly recommend this cream. However it does leave my skin a bit dry and flaky but on the instruction sheet it says you can use a perfume free moisturiser or stop using it for a couple of days.

December 20, 2014 11:44 AM

Review by Sozza (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I started using Duac and within 8-10 days my face was completely clear of acne however when I came back to use it, it wasn't as effective as the first time.

December 3, 2014 3:45 AM

Review by smify (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): All I can say is wow! Fantastic product I've had acne for about 20 years I'm 34, and nothing worked for me and at my age and still spotty its very depressing, then my doctor told me about Duac. I used it for about a week and my face went a bit dry so I gave it a couple of days and started again and now my face is completely clear and my scars have faded! If you have got acne then this is amazing! I've never been so happy with my skin and I'm getting married soon and over the moon that my face will be clear for that.

December 2, 2014 4:25 PM

Review by aliis (taken for less than 1 month):

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I had never really suffered from constant acne, until I got on birth control which pretty much turned my face into a cystic acne infestation. I was torn apart, troubled, and with no self confidence. I started wearing hats everywhere I went, spent hundreds on facials and makeup, till I drew the line and finally decided to go to the dermatologist. She prescribed to me Acanya in the morning along with Ziana for the evening. I have to say the results are miraculous, I've been on it for about three weeks and my face has completely cleared off. I do not have one zit, only acne marks that will hopefully go away with time. I also started Solodyn 105 mgs four days ago, taking one tablet everyday before bed and I feel like that is what has made my cystic acne disappear.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2014 11:49 PM

Review by jassie1991:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I had a breakout of acne all over my forehead and chin, after 4 days of using Duac my skin has completely healed up and even without leaving the red marks I usually get when a spot has gone, very impressed, will not be using anything else other than Duac from now on!

November 17, 2014 2:34 AM

Review by Kim_5689:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): This acne cream is an absolute miracle. I've had acne since I was 13. I've used various creams, an ointment that was so strong my eyes watered, and finally onto tablets - nothing worked. So I gave up until I got to 25 and thought I ought to have another stab at it, then came along Duac. It's active ingredients are just 2 - benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin. My friends and family can't believe the effect its had, nor can I. I no longer get breakouts, a far cry from the huge red painful spots I was experiencing a few months ago. P.S. Duacs been out of stock recently and I had to use another peroxide cream, it didn't work and the spots came back. If you're at the end of your tether and think nothings working, try this. It's been a life saver.

November 1, 2014 8:38 AM

Review by NatalieCeeee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): This stuff works fantastically well. I am a 30 year old female with adult onset acne. I have been struggling with cysts, nodules, and pustules for eight months, exclusively on my chin. I was using a Retin-A 0.025% product but it wasn't enough. I started taking Benzaclin around the same time as Yaz (birth control) and Minocycline (antibiotic) and the combination cleared me in a month. The Benzaclin stands out in my regime because it single-handedly dried up all of my large pimples upon first use (I noticed a dramatic improvement the next day, and then every day after that). It will take a bit for all the current pimples to heal themselves (and some may surface over the first two weeks) but you should notice improvements right away!

October 12, 2014 8:45 AM

Review by Sian21 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I had acne really bad about 2 - 3 years ago. I tried everything I could do for about a year and nothing worked. I went to the doctor and as I suffer from dry skin too he gave me E45 and Duac gel. At night I wash my face with a gentle face wash an put my E45 on let it sink in then put Duac all over! I saw results in a week or 2 it's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I'm still using it to this day 3 years on. As if I don't use it for a month I tend to come up in spots so I use it every night. Best thing ever. Highly recommend.

October 2, 2014 7:11 PM

Review by Urizzbro (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Have been using for the past 3 years or so and is truly a wonder medicine. Clears up any acne, and I have a routine where I put it on before bed each night. Once you find your "perfect" amount of gel to apply, you'll find your face to be pimple free and soft. Don't worry about dryness, that only occurs if you apply way too much medicine. Seriously would recommend this to anyone who struggles with acne, and that I can guarantee you'll love it and stick with it, just like I have!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2014 9:55 PM

Review by Loubylou (taken for less than 1 month):

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): Been suffering from mild/moderate acne for about a year, at 30 years old and having never really suffered as a teenager, I've found it quite distressing and upsetting. Ten days ago I gave up with over the counter creams and went to the doctors. He prescribed me Duac 5% and WOW is all I can say. This is a miracle product. After just 3 days I saw a noticeable improvement in my skin and actually woke up every day excited to look in the mirror to see how much better it was! I'm now on day 10 and my skin is almost clear, highly recommend this, only advice - invest in a good moisturizer, can be quite drying but does exactly what you want it to and FAST.

September 24, 2014 1:18 PM

Review by Makeup doll:

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): I have SEVERELY oily skin! I mean I have to blot my face several times a day to literally keep from looking like I rubbed baby oil on my face! I used the medicine as a teen and it worked wonders! Now I'm 25 and my dermatologist says I still have the skin of a 16 yr old (the oil producing cells in your body are supposed to stop working as well as you age, which is the cause of wrinkles, but mine shows ZERO sign of slowing down) anyway, dermatologist put me on Tazorac which is supposed to fix that, worked ok for a few weeks but still super oily! I asked him for this medicine because I remembered it working so well for me! I've only been on it a week and WOW I can already see a difference! And for someone with as much oil as me, I appreciate the drying affect of this.

August 21, 2014 12:19 AM

Review by cat351:

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): It's a miracle product and I've just learned that Glaxo stopped manufacturing in 2014! It shrunk my enlarged pores and prevents any new breakouts - best medicine I've ever used and now scared they will stop producing it. I've been using it over 8 years now. The out of pocket was a lot but it's so worth it and nothing else works like it.

August 14, 2014 3:34 PM

Review by luvlyitaly:

I used clindamycin phosphate benzoyl peroxide gel 1%*5%. In the first few weeks I experienced redness and scaly like skin, it also burned. But in time it cleared up and now my skin is back to normal.

July 6, 2014 8:22 PM