User Reviews for Benazepril

Also known as: Lotensin

Learn more about Benazepril.

Heart Failure 0 reviews 129 medications

Left Ventricular Dysfunction 1 reviews 15 medications

High Blood Pressure 7 reviews 261 medications

6.5
Diabetic Kidney Disease 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Benazepril reviews 8 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Benazepril

Review by Jet Ag (taken for less than 1 month):

Lotensin (benazepril) for High Blood Pressure: Only took it one time, my lips swelled up so much.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 28, 2013 4:59 AM

Review by AJR27 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For High Blood Pressure: Benazepril for High Blood Pressure: Like the previous user. The medication actually worked great for my blood pressure. One small pill daily. I developed a cough that would not go away, especially at night. I also have severe asthma so I don't know if that has something to do with the medicine not working out. The cough is a dry cough and NOT fun. I wished the medicine worked out for me.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2012 10:34 PM

Review by Gjoose:

For High Blood Pressure: The medication actually worked pretty well for me, however, I developed a cough that would not go away. Having severe asthma, it made it impossible for me to take it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2012 1:28 PM

Review by TigerT:

For High Blood Pressure: Benazepril is a great hypertension drug. It got my blood pressure under control. No more headaches though I do urinate more while taking it. I have tried other blood pressure medicines that did not work or work as well.

May 18, 2011 8:31 PM

Review by Temecula Guy:

For High Blood Pressure: I've been taking it - 10 mg - once a day, usually at night. It has definitely helped lower my blood pressure. But I've developed an annoying cough. Can't seem to take a deep breath in. I'll get checked out by my doctor - maybe try something else that doesn't cause coughing.

November 20, 2010 1:55 AM

Review by mick S:

For High Blood Pressure: I have been taking Benazepril for almost a year. I have been Pre-Hypertension most of my adult life. Last year I weighed close to 250 and became Stage 1 hypertension. My doctor suggested losing 50-60 pounds or take Benazepril. Give me the medicine....I LIKE TO EAT. Anyway with some exercise and taking benazepril I now weigh 240lbs and my blood pressure is in the high normal range. I'll work on the weight. I do find myself tired at times. This is the only complaint I have. I would recommend this to anyone.

August 12, 2009 8:51 AM

Lotensin (benazepril) for High Blood Pressure: Cough and rash side effects annoying.

May 31, 2009 7:45 AM

Review by m6stars:

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: It's working fine for me in controlling high blood pressure. But, early morning when I wake up I feel tired, may be I need little more sleep. I will discuss this with my doctor on my next visit to him.

July 29, 2008 1:41 PM