User Reviews for Benazepril

Also known as: Lotensin

Learn more about Benazepril.

Benazepril Review Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 262 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Benazepril to treat High Blood Pressure

Lotensin (benazepril): "Have taken for some time. Has worked well to control blood pressure, however a recent adjustment in dosage has increased the cost 2 fold. "

MsDebbie (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 9, 2015

Lotensin (benazepril): "Only took it one time, my lips swelled up so much."

Jet Ag (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2013

"Benazepril for High Blood Pressure: Like the previous user. The medication actually worked great for my blood pressure. One small pill daily. I developed a cough that would not go away, especially at night. I also have severe asthma so I don't know if that has something to do with the medicine not working out. The cough is a dry cough and NOT fun. I wished the medicine worked out for me."

AJR27 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2012

"The medication actually worked pretty well for me, however, I developed a cough that would not go away. Having severe asthma, it made it impossible for me to take it."

Gjoose April 16, 2012

"Benazepril is a great hypertension drug. It got my blood pressure under control. No more headaches though I do urinate more while taking it. I have tried other blood pressure medicines that did not work or work as well."

TigerT May 18, 2011

"I've been taking it - 10 mg - once a day, usually at night. It has definitely helped lower my blood pressure. But I've developed an annoying cough. Can't seem to take a deep breath in. I'll get checked out by my doctor - maybe try something else that doesn't cause coughing."

Temecula Guy November 20, 2010

"I have been taking Benazepril for almost a year. I have been Pre-Hypertension most of my adult life. Last year I weighed close to 250 and became Stage 1 hypertension. My doctor suggested losing 50-60 pounds or take Benazepril. Give me the medicine....I LIKE TO EAT. Anyway with some exercise and taking benazepril I now weigh 240lbs and my blood pressure is in the high normal range. I'll work on the weight. I do find myself tired at times. This is the only complaint I have. I would recommend this to anyone. "

mick S August 12, 2009

Lotensin (benazepril): "Cough and rash side effects annoying."

Anonymous May 31, 2009