User Reviews for Kineret

Learn more about Kineret.

Cryopyrin-Associated...riodic Syndromes 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 362 medications Not rated - Be the first

Reviews for Kineret

Review by Gabby B:

For Schnitzler Syndrome: I've been on Kineret (anakinra) for several years for Schnitzler Syndrome. No other medication gave me relief, except high dose steroids, but I was pain and hives free within a couple of days of starting Kineret and back digging in the garden and walking kilometres when I had spent the previous 7 years mainly in bed. It was on the PBS list but now my hospital pays for it on my behalf. No injection site problems or side effects.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 10, 2013 4:08 AM

Review by Sessa:

For Still's Disease: Yes, it does burn when you start to take it and the spot injected might itch. I did a couple of things before taking the shot. 1. warmed it up for about 30 minutes 2. applied ice to the spot I planned to inject 3. would take a Benadryl to keep the itching down. I've been on it several yrs now. It burns or itches...once in a blue moon. It has helped but doesn't keep the fevers and joint/muscle pain completely away, anymore. Good luck! This medicine is definitely worth a try if you have AOSD.

January 31, 2012 9:48 PM

For Schnitzler Syndrome: Kineret works great for my Schnitzler's Syndrome. It can hurt when injected but if I warm it up to room temperature by letting it sit out for a while or hold the syringe in my hand to warm it up, it hurts A LOT less.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2011 1:04 PM

Review by Still fight'n:

For Still's Disease: I've only been taking the 100mg shots for 8 days now. It does burn even after it has warmed up. I think this might be because it's thick and has to be injected slowly. But like they say.. no pain no gain.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 11, 2011 8:38 PM

For Still's Disease: The drug works very well. What they don't tell you, though, is that it burns like a steroid each time, every time. So go into it forewarned as it's not anywhere in any literature and it's not something your physician will likely tell you beforehand.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate