Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate

Also known as: Amoclan, Augmentin, Augmentin ES-600, Augmentin XR

Learn more about Amoxicillin/clavulanate.

Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate to treat Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth

Review by SO CAL LK:

I was prescribed Amox Clave 850 mg for Bronchitis. I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Diarrhea. After just a day or two of the medication my diarrhea was gone, totally! I know this is probably a temporary fix, but its been 3 weeks and I still feel fantastic. My Doctor was surprised as Amox Clave usually has the opposite effect on patients but not for me, MIRACLE! I have done all of the traditional suggestions, Fod Map Diet, Lactose and Gluten free but nothing has worked like this medication.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 13, 2015 8:55 AM

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): This medicine was given as an alternative to Xifaxan because my insurance won't cover Xifaxan. My Doctor says there is a 60% chance it will work. I am on Day 5 of 10 and have seen no results as of yet with no relief of my symptoms. Side effects the first couple of days were brutal, I think my body has begun to adjust now.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate