User Reviews for Amoxicillin / clavulanate

Also known as: Amoclan, Augmentin, Augmentin ES-600, Augmentin XR

Learn more about Amoxicillin/clavulanate.

Amoxicillin/clavulanate Review Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 138 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate to treat Bronchitis

"I was prescribed 875mg bid.. It gave me strong side effects: heart skipping, dizziness and weakness. I reduced it to once a day to see if it would reduce any side effect. It did reduce some dizziness and weakness.. But my chest pain remains. I stopped taking it. I am going to see doctor to find out why my chest hurts."

CBarnes70 (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "I am on day 2 of Antibiotics. I took the Z pack only one dose and had horrible reaction to it. (Swelling of face, fever, diarrhea YOU NAME IT) Stopped taking it and two days later started Augmentin. I have been taking Culturelle (Lactobacillus GG) Two hours before or after taking the antibiotics. Seems to be helping. No diarrhea. No gas. No hives/Itchy skin. But I don't know if its long enough to tell. ***Take those pro-biotics. *** Dairy products are putting me over the edge. Stick to non dairy while taking this."

SadieD (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2014

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "This is the second time I have been on this medicine for bronchitis. The first time around it worked great but this time not so fast. I have been on it for 4 days and my symptoms are still the same just not as intense."

msdulce (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2014

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "I am on it now, and have taken it before. I've had great results with it, and no diarrhea."

Dodieellen November 14, 2014

"I have sinusitis and bronchitis at the same time. I have been in so much pain in my head and chest for the past 5 days so my doctor prescribed me amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium tablets 875mg and 125mg. This medicine has caused dizziness, nausea, exhaustion, and weakness. "

briea April 4, 2014

"I had a really bad bronchitis and sinus. The doctor prescribed me. Augmentin 875. I had some cough, but a really bad headache, I hardly ever get headaches. These were very bad."

Yarah March 21, 2014

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Had bronchitis after five weeks from having CABG surgery. My doctor prescribed Augmentin and it worked after having the first pill. At this time I am in my second day and the fever is gone minor cough and to my surprise my sinuses are clearing too since I have chronic sinus alergies."

cabg April 11, 2013

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "On the 5th day, I experienced dizziness, fatigue, tachycardia and my muscles were very weak. I could barely focus and my hands were shaking."

Darine Ba March 5, 2013

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "I have taken this medication twice. Both times I developed severe diarrhea that lasted several weeks. I could not leave the house for any reason because the diarrhea was almost constant. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2012

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Augmentin helped my bronchitis, but quickly gave me diarrhea, then by the 5th day it gave me genital dermatitis! May work for some without such severe side-effects. "

Miss Anon (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2012

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Went to urgent care for chronic bronchitis and doc gave me Biaxin which I told him it did not work in past...fever elevated two degrees in two days..went back he gave me doxycycline which eventually stopped the yellow mucus production for a few days then right back. I went to my own doctor this morning and she gave me Augmentin. Have an allergy to Avelox. After one dose I can tell this is working better than doxycycline did in two days so definitely recommend."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2012

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Started to work RIGHT AWAY."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2012

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Awesome. Biaxin failed, Augmentin worked."

Anonymous April 25, 2012

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Cleared up a bad case of bronchitis in a week and only side effects were some coughing an hr or so after taking it as all the bacteria was dying and body getting rid of it in the mucus. Take it with food and a lot of water. It works excellent, side effects are very minor and you should also consider taking a probiotic during and after using it just take a few hrs before or after it. Very effective antibiotic!"

Anonymous April 15, 2012

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Worked well and quickly. Only down side is it caused diarrhea and stomach cramps."

Anonymous November 12, 2011

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Every spring and fall in Dallas everyone gets allergies. This always turns into a sinus infection and bronchitis in a week or two and this medication takes care of it without any other complications."

Anonymous April 10, 2011

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "My son is always taking Augmentin because of his bronchitis attacks. It has always worked within days on my son and I would recommend this for any children. "

Anonymous February 13, 2011

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Severe diarrhea within 36 hours of starting. 875 mg twice a day."

Anonymous March 26, 2010

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "This is the best antibiotic for the treatment of sinusitis and bronchitis. ALL antibiotics can give you diarrhea because they also can destroy the 'good' bacteria in your gut. You can alleviate this by taking a pro-biotic in small doses, or just have some yogurt for breakfast."

slancio November 16, 2009

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Worked well for me with no side effects."

Anonymous February 28, 2009

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "This medicine gave me diarrhea."

Anonymous January 30, 2009

"This medication worked wonders! My lungs hurt so bad, and I was coughing with a rattling sound in my chest. After one day of the medicine, I was breathing so much easier and the rattling was gone."

Anonymous October 11, 2008