User Reviews for Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide

Also known as: Epiduo

Learn more about Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide.

Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide review summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 450 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide to treat Acne

Review by Epiduouser (taken for less than 1 month):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): A couple days ago I was prescribed Epiduo, I didn't have really bad acne but I had just enough where I didn't like my face. I've been trying Epiduo for a couple days now and I have already seen improvements in my face.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 12, 2014 12:20 PM

Review by Fallout101 (taken for less than 1 month):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I started using Epiduo and it was working perfectly. Then one day around my eyebrows started to hurt then the next day the skin was peeling. It wasn't sunburn for sure because there was no sunshine for days. I put the lotion on it and it stung. Three days later my skin is still peeling, it hurts when I touch it, and my acne is back.

August 8, 2014 2:59 PM

Review by Hannah gg:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): Ok so my face is EXTREMELY OILY and everyone says it's really harsh on your face for the first week but it only was harsh for 1 day and now it does nothing not even dry my acne a little and I don't know why it works for everyone else. I hate my acne and it nothing ever works.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2014 11:18 PM

Review by Isabel28 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I'm using Epiduo, and its already on my 3rd month. And it's not that effective. My pimples are still there. I also suggest use sunblock in the morning so that your face won't burn.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2014 10:24 AM

Review by DaniDawnG:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): Epiduo is amazing. I had pretty bad face and back acne for a while and nothing worked to clear it. My sister had the same problem so she was prescribed Epiduo and it helped her a lot so I decided to give it a try. It cleared my skin really fast. I saw a difference after just using it twice. I read other comments and they all complained about the dryness and burning but that only happens because they use it everyday from the start. You're supposed to ease into it like maybe use once every 3 days then after a few times of doing that use it every other day and then if you really need to, which I find that I don't, you use it everyday.

August 1, 2014 2:18 AM

Review by Leah new mommy:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I've never had acne as a teen, my skin was usually oily but nothing a little oil control toner couldn't fix . I had pretty clear skin. I'm 25 yr old and have had my first baby and that's when it started I could not believe how I broke out with severe acne. I tried a lot of over the counter acne washes but nothing worked. I went to a dermatologist who prescribed me 2 pill medication and acne night gel. IT DIDN'T WORK. I went to family physician and she prescribed me Epiduo thank God. It worked right away after a week of using it only at night after washing my face with Cetaphil. I've had clear skin a little burning after a week and peeling but it sure was worth it I LOVE this stuff. Acne free. Thank you.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 31, 2014 12:19 AM

Review by Chrissy967463:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): At first it worked okay then my acne was worse than when I started and it even burnt to apply the Epiduo causing great pain, it is not right for everyone.

July 26, 2014 12:22 AM

Review by Gab1234:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I have had moderate acne on my T-zone for about 4 years and my doctor prescribed me Epiduo about 3 months ago. For the first two weeks, I had an initial breakout but the pimples went away quicker than usual. Epiduo definitely makes your skin very sensitive for the first month or so and it made my skin burn and itch for the first month or two. Now, I can apply Epiduo without any side effects and my skin isn't as sensitive. Epiduo definitely cleared my skin and acne marks but I still get the occasional zit. I had tried a lot of over the counter acne washes and home remedies but Epiduo is the only thing to work on my face. Definitely worth it!

July 24, 2014 9:27 PM

Review by Heaven1234:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I've tried so many products to get rid of the acne on my face and nothing worked. I even tried home remedies and everything. Then, my doctor prescribed me with Epiduo and just 2 days after using it I started to see a difference. It's amazing, it got rid of the acne I had and ever since I got it I don't get pimples anymore. It does however tend to dry out my skin but not severely, nothing a little moisturizer can't fix. Overall Epiduo is amazing and I wouldn't use anything else for my acne.

July 22, 2014 12:52 AM

Review by cheerleader1234 (taken for less than 1 month):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I have suffered from acne for about 5 years, and have tried many many over the counter products. NOTHING worked. So I went to my dermatologist and she prescribed me Epiduo, along with some other products. Within 3 days, I could tell a difference in my acne. Then, after a week, my face began burning when I applied the Epiduo, and peeling. I continued using the Epiduo and the burning and peeling stopped after a week. I've been on it for 3 weeks now and my acne is going away. But let me warn you, DO NOT over use this product. Only use once a day.

July 18, 2014 12:00 AM

Review by Bsmurfy:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): Have applied very lightly once a day for 3 days now. And it's completely unbearable. Where my skin was perfectly fine before using is now red, scaly, and itchy. Absolutely everything hurts my face, even water.

July 16, 2014 2:20 AM

Review by Kev S:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): It works. After months of seeing it on TV, I thought I'd give a try, my acne went away quick like within the first few days.

July 15, 2014 3:08 AM

Review by GaabbrriieellaaSsiiff12345:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I've had acne since 5th grade and at first it was on my forehead, then it spread to my chin and nose and I'm in 9th grade now. I have acne mostly on my cheeks and nose. I have a lot of scars on my cheeks and I tried Epiduo a year ago and it did not work for me at all. It made my skin red and dry and did not clear it. But my brother has had acne since the fourth grade and has tried everything from Proactive to Clearsil, Clean and Clear. Everything. He uses Epiduo and it has completely. COMPLETELY. Cleared his skin. He uses Neutrogena face bar, a moisturizer and Epiduo in the morning and at night. After 8 years of acne Epiduo has been the only thing to help him. I'm still trying to find something to clear my skin, hope this helped.

July 14, 2014 10:55 PM

Review by JumpersRocks (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I have always had horrid acne, and nothing seemed to work. Tried ProActive and while it would work, the moment I skipped one day of treatment, I would breakout. After years of fighting it, I went to my local Skin Institute, where they prescribed me EpiDuo. It works, end of story. Now for about the first month or two, it does dry the skin out, particularly around the lips and nose. What I found works is Aveeno facial moisturizers. They don't cause the skin to breakout and they help the affected areas. Within three months, my acne was noticeably better and I'm very happy with it! Trust me, it is worth the wait!

July 11, 2014 10:40 PM

Review by Sophomore in HS (taken for less than 1 month):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I've just started Epiduo 3 days ago and after the first two days the blackheads that had been all over my nose for 3-4 years started FALLING OFF MY FACE. Everytime I would scratch my nose, they would come off. However, as I can see so far, it does little for those pesky under the skin pimples. Ah well, rubbing alcohol works quite fine on those. Really though, this product is GREAT for clogged pores.

July 9, 2014 12:37 PM

Review by HappyEpiduoUser (taken for less than 1 month):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): This stuff is awesome! I've had what looked like really bad heat rash on my face for a few years now, finally got sick of it and went to my dermatologist and he prescribed Epiduo and gave me samples. Wasn't even done with my first sample and already saw a huge improvement. I'm one week on it now and the bumps are GONE! This stuff is great and I'm very hard to convince, also this is my first time to ever do a product review, that's how much I think this product needs to be promoted! It's awesome!

July 8, 2014 10:59 PM

Review by teenage kid (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I was getting a lot of pimples due to being sick, so my doctor gave me a 2 small samples of Epiduo. I used the product twice a day for less than a week, which lead to my skin peeling, being dry and irritated. I stopped and used moisturizer instead which helped out a lot. In the end I continued using that small amount of Epiduo once a day and daily moisturizing helped my acne go away really fast. I've been using this for less than 2 months now and overall, the product is great BUT, you have to apply the gel according to instructions. A small amount goes a long way!

July 3, 2014 5:58 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I've only been using this cream for about 2 weeks now but since I started, my skin has been red, flaky, inflamed. Feels a lot like a sunburn. Hurts to even rinse it with water. Exfoliation, moisturizer, nothing helps. It did help a little acne on my forehead, but the dryness and the flaking is definitely making me want to stop using this.

July 1, 2014 1:25 AM

Review by KellyJelly:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I am very happy with my skin now that I have been using Epiduo consistently for about 9 months. After the first 4 months just about all of my acne was gone and now almost all of my acne scars have disappeared. My method is: I use a Clarisonic twice a day with Eucerin face wash. Eucerin is the best product for me in terms of lotions and face washes/body washes because my sensitive skin needs something gentle that won't irritate it. Every night after washing my face I apply one pump of Epiduo evenly on my face, wait at least 10 minutes, and apply Eucerin lotion. The reason I gave this product 9/10 is because the first few weeks of using this product the skin on my face was red, itchy and flaky. Also, I can't expose myself to sunlight.

June 28, 2014 11:54 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I started using Epiduo about a week ago. I did not have severe acne but I was very embarrassed of my breakouts. I tried other medications that did not work for me so I was skeptical about trying Epiduo. Within 4 days my skin began to clear up. I did not experience any negative side effects nor did it burn my skin like it does in some patients. I would recommend Epiduo to anyone with mild acne who wants a clear face. Epiduo gave me confidence to go out of my house without make up and without being embarrassed I LOVE it!

June 25, 2014 1:59 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): This product works wonders! I've had horrible acne for a long time, I tried everything from spot treatments, acne washes, masks anything. I finally went to the dermatologist and got prescribed Epiduo and Cetaphil face wash. After 3 months or so, it was a dramatic change. I no longer have acne, however, there will be a few little pimples though. The only side effect is if you put too much on or put it on too often, it will cause dry irritated skin. Overall, it's a great product!

June 24, 2014 11:47 AM

Review by Jesseeeeeeeeee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I've been using Epiduo for two months now and it doesn't help at all. It burns my skin and dries it out so bad! It gets flakey, red, and very irritated. It feels like a horrible sun burn and it looks like you take horrible care of your skin. It stings to put anything on it, even water. It DOES do it's job though, dries out the acne. BUT I still see the redness, or dark browness of the acne. It's so annoying, ugh.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 20, 2014 3:36 PM

Review by cjjb:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I've had super clear skin until the last week of eighth grade! Now it's summer and I needed something to help my sudden breakout before high school. My doctor recommended Epiduo. At first, I was using it twice a day because I thought it would get rid of the acne faster. It didn't. I couldn't wear makeup because my skin was dry and peeling and way discolored. So I stopped for about 3 days and just moisturized. My acne got a little worst after that. I am 5 days past the 1 month mark and my skin is actually just starting to clear up. I used it once a day at night with the Cetaphil face wash. I only have it in the middle of my forehead near my hairline and on my cheeks. I was getting very discouraged, but the medicine needs about 3 months.

June 20, 2014 12:18 PM

Review by Victoriaa2116:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I was about to give up on getting rid of my acne, I was on antibiotics, prescription face washes, gels and masks. I finally went to the dermatologist and she gave me a sample of Epiduo - within 2 days my acne was already going away! it's like magic. I love my skin, I no longer gave to wear makeup everywhere I go. Best thing in the world. I gave it 9 stars just due to the fact of the irritation that occurs when it's applied, it's sometimes unbearable, it may just be my sensitive skin. It also causes your skin to peel a lot!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 19, 2014 11:43 PM

Review by Jbabyyy:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I LOVE Epiduo! I clears my skin up and makes my skin so beautiful. I'm in love with my face and I'm not self conscious anymore! I have a few small zits occasionally but they aren't noticeable to anyone but myself. So in love with Epiduo.

June 17, 2014 12:34 AM