User Reviews for Adapalene / benzoyl peroxide

Also known as: Epiduo, Epiduo Forte

Learn more about Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide.

Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 429 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide to treat Acne

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I have been on this medication for over three months for moderate acne. It got rid of most of the acne but the first two weeks were almost unbearably painful. After three months, I didn't give up yet, but I still get big red and under the skin pimples that are super noticeable along with whiteheads. My skin is covered in acne scars that faded slightly from the exfoliation of epiduo but my skins texture is hideous, it is dry and crusty, and on top of the extreme dryness, it is oily! This medication is very hard to deal with and as soon as I stop using it I know I'll break out again. I think epiduo will work wonderfully on foreheads but all over the face completely killed my skin. I hate my skin only slightly less now :/"

Epiduotester May 31, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I've always had occasional breakouts, however when I turned 26 my skin began breaking out an insane amount I finally broke down and went to a dermatologist. He finally prescribed epiduo after other failed treatments. Immediately I noticed a difference in my skin the texture and appearance but I was still having breakouts. It also burned a ton for the first few months. In 2-3 months of using I noticed less breakouts and now in month 5 I have zero acne. This product does cause redness, burning and drying (only on acne spots, it softens and hydrates other areas). Overall I would 100% reccomend, just be patient. I saw it working even though the results weren't immediate."

NashChiSea (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Nothing else has worked. I'm 37 and never had acne until a year ago. This medication was my last option my dr was running out of options but it has helped greatly. It burned at first and looked like I was sunburned but aloe gel or Cetaphil helps greatly without breaking you out. I highly recommend"

Lilpippy79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I am a white teenager, with combination & sensitive skin that flares up really badly at the slightest of things. My dermatologist prescribed me Epiduo and I tried it for nearly three or so months, but I found that it did nothing but dry out my skin and caused it to turn red. My acne did not go away, so I looked for other things. If you have skin like mine, look for things with Salycic Acid. I have a set of facial wipes with 1% Salycic Acid and Clinique Acne Gel with 2% Salycic Acid and this, in addition to a normal Clean & Clear facial wash, has cleared up my acne entirely. Hope this helps."

JDillon1832910 May 28, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "This is by far the best acne medication ever. Of course it'll take some time from the start of using, but after about 2-3 months, you can definitely notice a difference!"

Lindzzz May 27, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "This stuff is so good! Wow- at first, my face was so dry, red, itchy and burning that I could hardly wash it and spent days inside with ice and aloe Vera on my face. But when I pulled through, all the tiny under the skin spots had completely disappeared making a flawless complexion! Now I just use a tiny bit on my clear skin once every two days where I break out and get redness as I am extremely acne prone. Don't give up! It's so worth it when you get the results!"

julia Mackenzie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Originally I had been prescribed epiduo as well as sulfacleanse to use together, which was fine for about a week or so before my skin became incredibly irritated to the point of painful burning. I stopped using the sulfacleanse and continued with only epiduo. After doing that my experience was amazing - the epiduo did cause my skin to become very dry and sensitive, but that was manageable with a gentle moisturizer. The longer I used it, the less irritated my skin was. I've been on it for about a year now and I am amazed at the condition of my skin. I rarely if ever get pimples and my scars have faded to the point that I have stopped wearing makeup to cover them! I love epiduo and highly recommend it."

pleased (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 21, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "this gets rid of my acne overnight! Although , it drys my chin out so bad to where it looks like I have a super bad sun burn and my skin is peeling . Cerave moisturizing cream helps the pelling though!"

becca867917 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 21, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "This gel is really effective as it minimizes the pimple/acne is just one night. You can definitely go for it."

TanviAg May 20, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I most definitely recommend this product! The first week will be hell, but I promise it gets so much better. I would cry because my skin was so dry and stung so badly, so I called my dermatologist. She said only put epiduo on your trouble spots and avoid around the mouth!! I only have a few pimples on my forehead and chin and was applying epiduo all over, but once I only applied it to my trouble spots, it got so much better. It is week two today and my skin is clearer than ever and isn't dry and doesn't burn anymore. Suffer through the pain and it's worth it! Also my derm prescribed clindamycin phosphate lotion to get rid of the bacteria, and it really helps speed things up. IF YOUR SKIN BURNS DO NOT USE MOISTERIZER WITH SUNSCREEN!!!"

Hannah B May 20, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I am 37 and never had acne until 7 months ago. Pimples on my jawline and forehead with acne scars started to wear on my self esteem. I've been using epiduo for 5 days and can already see an improvement. I purchased a mild facial wash, toner and moisturizer with spf 20 from Clinique to use while I'm in treatment. No irritation or flaking or burning, just clearer skin and the scars are starting to fade already. I use my normal skin regimen in the am and the epiduo at night. I love this product."

AliRdh May 16, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "It works!!!!I have been battling with acne for years, I am 35 yrs old and I have been using epiduo for over 6 or more yrs and I can say it's a life saving. ...A little redness and irritation is nothing to complain about the results is great."

Kimesha (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 14, 2016

"I've been using epiduo for about a year now and it works for me. At first I hated it a lot it makes your skin super flaky and stingy and dry. Sometimes it's painful to even put on lotion. But after a little bit I started to clear up a face full of acne and the terrible flakyness went away. Now I have almost no acne. I don't need to use foundation hardly ever. I'm not worried at all. It sucks really bad for a while and trust me I quit using it initially but my face got super bad and I ran back to it. It works for some people but if you have sensitive skin already I would not reccomend it. If your skin is already sensitive this stuff will burn it right off."

Kaleeannleelee (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Epiduo is worth it. It was 3 months of flaking, burning, and more irritated acne than before, but after the worst months in my skin's history, I woke up one morning and my face was just better. I used to have my entire jawline covered in painful cystic acne, but now I wake up to maybe a pimple or 2 at most. I promise that if you don't give up, it will pay off. This is one happy customer. If your skin ever gets too irritated, stop using Epiduo for a few days. Taking Epiduo every 3 days is always better than giving up. (Also, it cost $85 out of pocket but I've been using the same bottle for 4 months.)"

Lillie G. May 10, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Epiduo makes my skin more oily then it actually is, I'm not getting dry flakey skin just terrible oily skin.Im still using it every night for the last 6 months but I do still get normal acne, so not much has changed."

kmidnightsky May 10, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Okay sure this stuff works it will make most of your acne go away but it drys up your skin like that it's actually really annoying"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I went to the doctor to see what type of medication I could get on to clear up my acne (mostly around my mouth and little dots on my forehead). My doctor recommended using Epiduo and it has changed my life both. My zits were painful and I felt like I couldn't talk to anyone because all they would see is my acne. The first week, my skin took some getting used to. It was very dry in the places where I applied it and would crack since it was around my mouth. It also stung and was irrating for the first 4 days. After that, I couldn't feel anything and I could see a MAJOR difference in my skin. I'm so happy I tried this and recommend it for anyone who is struggling like I was."

Savvy333 May 7, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I read several reviews talking about how it created drier skin within the first few weeks of using, and caused irritation. Yes, it does make your skin somewhat flaky, and yes, it will cause some irritation that resembles some burning, but it is an acne product meant to change your skin, and it is a process. If you can make it through these side effects, it will genuinely improve your skin, helping to rid you of acne. Getting rid of acne comes at a cost, and if it means some burning and flakiness in my skin, it is worth it. I am on week two or so, and though I still experience these side effects, my skin has gotten significantly clearer. Would recommend to people who can tolerate some irritability, as it genuinely works."

Zach Flash May 4, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Epiduo is the only thing that has worked for me. I had pretty bad acne for two years in highschool. I tried lots of things (proactive) but finally After begging my mom finally purchased epiduo and it was a life saver. For the first month and a half it really dried out my skin and didn't seem to help much at all, but soon after that I saw a complete transformation in my skin. I no longer have acne like I used to, to this day. But even the weeks that I've eaten terribly and slept in my makeup all week (I know I need to stop this). My "acne" is only a few very small pimples that are hardly red. All my friends love it too! Highly recommend this"

Gracie72836 May 1, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I was prescribed this due to acne around my chin/ forehead and black heads on my nose as well as my cheeks. The first two days of applying this at night it was fine. On the third day I woke up to wash my face and noticed that my face was red and when I used my daily face wash it stung like crazy. After washing my face, I always use a facial moisturizer, and that even stung when I put it on! Later on in the day I noticed that my face was so flaky. I did not apply the following two days due to stinging and extreme dryness. I plan to use it again when my symptoms die down, but instead of using it every day.. I'll use it every other day instead. I think that this product is too harsh to use on your face every day."

Kimberly B (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Epiduo messed up my face!!!!! It caused skin sensitivity and now I have a sunburn all over my face which is not getting better!!!! I have skin discoloration too. It screwed up my face! There was no warning that said skin sensitivity!!!!!!"

Nessa27 April 27, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "First day, my skin feels fine and normal. Second, day minor scaling of skin. Third day, my skin gets itchy, reddness, and scaling of skin becomes more noticeable. Fourth day, burns like crazy, my skin looks worse than it was before. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, it is hell. I am currently sensitive to sun and touch, and now I have more acne. Heres some advice if you have the side affects, use petroleum jelly, and wash your face every now and then. Right now I'm raging in pain, therefore I am not willing to continue using this product."

Aj D April 27, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I went on Epiduo at 20 years old, having acne since I was 17. My acne was moderate and occasionally moderately severe, my skin type normal/slightly sensitive. After day nr 2 of epiduo, I got an allergic reaction. My eyes swelled up, my whole face was rough and red and at one point I even had slight swelling in my throat. I went to the emergency room and was put under an IV drip of antihistamines or something. Call me crazy, but I didn't give up. After my face healed (i.e. was no longer dry as the desert and red), I started re-applying small amount every other day. Eventually working my way up to pea sized amounts per target area per night. It ALMOST cleared my acne up! I still have breakouts, but nothing what I used to three years ago."

bc731 April 27, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "sad that I'm seeing so many negative reviews! I've been on this stuff about 5 years now and it's the only thing that helps my acne! I don't think I'll ever stop using epiduo. it's changed my life, I now have confidence I never had. people would always say "she's pretty but she has so much acne" to me in high school. everyone teased me. now my skin is clear and I love it! only rated a 9/10 because this doesn't help with scars. but it keeps the acne away so I'm not complaining!"

camillezzee April 26, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I'm in week 4 of using epiduo..and my skin looks terrible..it was fine in the first week but since then it has just gone worse..i dont know how long i will have to wait until it finally works.. :("

Jaunuarykid (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2016