User Reviews for Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide

Also known as: Epiduo

Learn more about Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide.

Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide review summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 450 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide to treat Acne

Review by Joe whatever:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I've been applying this every night before bed, and went through the process of having my skin flake off everywhere, and now I don't have dryness from it but I have to say it's been like 5 months and I still have acne. Looks the same as before.

January 15, 2015 1:31 AM

Review by Anne B.:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I've been using Epiduo (as prescribed by my dermatologist) for couple of months and it's the only product I've tried that really cleared my acne. Be careful on applying thick layer because it might cause redness and skin will also peel. Just keep using it and you'll see the great effect for couple of weeks.

January 14, 2015 11:05 AM

Review by Rebecca_18:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I have had acne since I was 11 and I'm 18 now. I tried everything, including Proactive and Acutane. Nothing seemed to work and even when my acne got better I still had post acne red marks. I started Epiduo about 2 weeks ago and already have seen amazing results. No new acne has come in and I've coupled it with a Neutrogena alcohol free toner to tackle the red marks. My skin looks better everyday even though the marks aren't completely gone yet. My skin has not been dry but I still use Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Lotion every night to keep it moisturized.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2015 6:09 PM

Review by mostloved:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I've been using Epiduo for a month now, see some results but the dryness and redness is bad.

January 5, 2015 3:34 AM

Review by sans0 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I've suffered from acne for 8 years now and went through all sorts of phases. Now I'm 20 yrs old and it's all down on the chin area with deep, painful cysts everywhere. Unfortunately Epiduo (or any topical cream actually) is not good for that kind of stuff. If you're a teenager, this may yield more likely results. I had an extremely oily face as a teen so I didn't even experience the red/dry/flaky skin that most do. Sadly it stopped being effective about 6 months in so eventually I quit. Recently I've tried it again but now it gives me persistent painful red/dry/flaky skin and not much positive results. It may be better for other people.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 31, 2014 1:34 AM

Review by Hem__:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): Epiduo has saved my skin! I've been dealing with acne since late elementary school (I am now finishing high school). I've tried every product on the market. Finally my dermatologist gave me Epiduo and I noticed a difference within a week! I didn't get the side effects of dry skin but I did notice it irritated my skin a bit, I quickly got used to it. Now about 3 months later my skin is clear! I still get the occasional pimples brought on by teenage hormones but other than that, I'm completely happy with my skin! Thanks Epiduo!

December 18, 2014 9:27 PM

Review by Alexrobinson_12:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I'm so thankful for Epiduo! It works wonders! Yes, there is the downfall of dry flaky skin but that can be cured with Cetaphil oil control moisturizer. Other than that my face feels and looks amazing!

December 12, 2014 3:15 AM

Review by your typical acne suffer (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I've been on Epiduo for many months in the past but stopped using it once my face got relatively clear. I've had acne for around 8 years and tried all the common treatments for acne so needless to say I already tried benzoyl peroxide. So from experience I know it DOES help improve acne but as for how much, it may depend. The first time worked nicely for me but after several months of use it no longer worked on the small pimples and bumps on my forehead so I stopped using it. Applying more or less didn't work either. However, due to recent circumstances I broke out pretty badly on the chin so I've tried using it once more. Sadly, after 2 months the only thing it does is painfully dry out my skin and cause a semi-permanent redness to my face.

December 10, 2014 10:11 AM

Review by ronnniee:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): My dermatologist gave me Epiduo with some antibiotics and a cleanser. I was told to apply it every night before I go to bed. My skin did become red, flaky and irritated but after 1 month of using it non-stop my skin started to clear up. Thanks Epiduo.

December 3, 2014 11:56 AM

Review by Emilyy7201:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I was prescribed Epiduo and a tablet (doxycycline), together they work great. I've been on them for about 2 weeks and in a few days saw a difference. Although another few days later it's seemed to come back. I've suffered from acne for years and just want it gone, no regimes or counter creams work. I'm not giving up on Epiduo yet, I have heard great reviews. Most people's acne will clear up in about a month on Epiduo. My skin has peeled a bit but nothing too major, just ease onto the cream and it should be alright.

December 3, 2014 5:01 AM

Review by Michael Gordon (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): Epiduo works GREAT. I had terrible acne, I HATED it. Epiduo has worked wonders, even though it's not completely gone yet, it has helped so much and I'm so happy.

December 1, 2014 11:04 PM

Review by Steph4321 (taken for less than 1 month):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): Epiduo has been a miracle for me! I have tried EVERYTHING with little to no success until now. No drying, no tightness, no burning, just results. Everyone's skin is different & reacts to products differently, you won't know if it will work for you unless you try it. Personally very happy

November 25, 2014 12:22 AM

Review by Lbleeky (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I've been using Epiduo for a couple of months now it's cleared my skin completely I couldn't be happier! In the first week I had red spotting on my face and tingling when applied but whatever you do, don't over do it, use a pea size and use it on only the effected areas! People that write negative comments about the burning and the irritation, read the instructions it does inform you that they are common side effects! It strips your skin (due to the dry skin and flaking) and as for the people that are breaking out on it don't loose hope, gels like Epiduo will bring up the bad stuff only to make it better. As for the people asking if it bleaches just make sure it's massaged in and dry because you go putting your head on your pillow.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2014 12:28 AM

Review by Katesouthwell:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): Epiduo is the best solution I've ever come across for my acne. I am 30 and have battled with spots all my life. I was on antibiotics for 3 years as a teenager which made me very unwell and I believe caused lasting gastrointestinal side effects. This cream is amazing and should be tried first...combined with the pill Yasmin. I very, very rarely get any spots now and the scarring from previous spots is healing more and more. Would definitely recommend.

November 11, 2014 6:42 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I saw results with this product within three days! I had really bad acne on my chin and forehead and it is already almost cleared up and its only been about a month. I didnt get any redness, however after I apply it at night it burns a little bit. Nothing too extreme. It also makes my skin on my chin flakey, but not on my forehead. I would not recommend stopping use of this product if you just have a mild burning sensation afterwards, because it really does work. I am so happy that I found this cream and a little really does go a long way. I only use a pea sized amount on my entire face and the tube it comes in lasts a little over a month.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 11, 2014 4:29 AM

Review by lebxnon (taken for less than 1 month):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I usually suffer from very bad acne and have tried strong medications including a zineryt zinc roll on my face which gradually lost it's effectiveness however this medication is super effective. Could visually see the improvement in about 4/5 days. The thing that stops me from giving it a 10 is the dryness it causes it's changed the sensation in some parts of my face. Other than that it's fab.

November 1, 2014 2:21 PM

Review by Mugler (taken for less than 1 month):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I had bad acne in the last few years and went to see the doctor so he gave me EPIDUO,just the first start I notice a difference though...it worked wonder until now,truly said,you have to follow what the doctor will tell you to see the result but not everything works for other(French speaker)hope this will help someone!

October 21, 2014 5:35 PM

Review by DTown313 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I have been using Epiduo for about 4 months now and I have seen major improvements. My facial recipe consists of Cetaphil, Neutrogena Sunscreen, and Epiduo. I use this combination once in the morning and once at night. It has really helped me a lot I could cry. I have been suffering from acne for 10 years and have finally found my solution. Now my dermatologist did prescribe me doxycycline to expedite the clearing of my skin but has taken me off.

October 15, 2014 10:09 AM

Review by Rhodavvv:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I have moderate acne, cysts blackheads white heads on cheeks and chin. Applied nightly to face for 6 weeks, no improvement noticed. Got the purging period I think, but it never got any better. Am taking anti-biotics now hopefully those help instead

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 10, 2014 6:26 PM

Review by tadam100:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): This stuff is amazing! At first I had my doubts because in the first week my face became red, sore, dry and flaky. However, that is something that you have to put up with for a week or two. My skin is almost completely clear and I am up to about month 4 of using the gel. My advice is do not give up on the gel, keep using it and you will see improvements!

October 9, 2014 6:47 AM

Review by gotclearskin (taken for less than 1 month):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I've had acne for 10 years and this is the only thing that has worked. I've been on a few other prescription medications and they didn't have the same results. My skin does get dry but I just use a non-comodegenic moisturizer (Cetaphil) and it helps immensely. My skin is clear and it feels smooth. Don't let the other reviews about redness and irritation scare you off. You should just reduce your usage to every other day instead of every day and it still works. Also the claims that it causes more acne is unlikely since it has TWO acne-killing medicines in it. If you use it correctly and how it best fits your needs, I promise you won't be let down.

October 8, 2014 3:23 PM

Review by Jasmin Djaoen (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I had horrible acne and I decided I needed to go the doctor. Then he prescribed me benzoyl peroxide wow I saw a huge difference within 4 weeks it was clearing my acne and my scars but after like 5 weeks of using it I stopped for a while so around 5 months after I began using it again because I got a little blemishes and a little acne and after 1 day of starting again I saw a big difference and I never got any no side effects this is a really great product I recommend it for everyone !

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2014 8:21 AM

Review by Lumen00 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I'm 32 and have had acne since I was 13. I've tried just about every cream and pill except Accutane, and Epiduo has worked the best for my skin, which is very oily. I had mild acne scarring with frequent breakouts and this has gotten me about 90% clear of breakouts and I've seen some improvement with the scarring. I still get a pimple a couple of times a month but they're small and only last a couple of days. It did burn when I applied it around my mouth and on my chin for the first month though. I applied a really thin layer and would just rise it off after 20-30 mins. If the burning didn't ease up. Also, it took about 3 months to see real improvement. For someone looking to avoid the side effects of the pills, I would highly recommend this.

October 6, 2014 2:40 AM

Review by William Packer:

I use this once in the morning and once at night. I have been doing this for about a week now. My acne went from severe to nothing. Absolutely acne free in one week. I have read that some people are having issues getting burned on the med after using once a day. They tell you this.. put it on for an hour... wash it off for the first week. But it had no negative effects for me. I just jumped in twice a day and I am happy I did so. If you want to take some risk and are in a hurry to get completely acne free in a 1 week. Go twice a day.. Don't apply any other things to your face. No washes. That could irritate it more. Just go twice a day, one week and hopefully you won't have any acne. Then you can drop down to nightly as a maintenance dose.

October 5, 2014 10:28 AM

Review by Jazzy jay:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): I had really bad acne for years, and finally my doctor told me to try out Epiduo, and it worked! But like all great things it took some time, I started using it when I was about 19 and its cut back on my scarring and everything but I also used it with Birth Control because my breakouts are hormonal! So with the help of birth control and Epiduo my skin is the dream team. Without my birth control though Epiduo works Good but with it, it works AMAZING! It's all about finding that combination with your skin. Hope this helps. And just be patient because it takes a little time but totally worth it.

October 1, 2014 7:26 PM