User Reviews for Adapalene / benzoyl peroxide

Also known as: Epiduo, Epiduo Forte

Learn more about Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide.

Acne 239 reviews 513 medications

Summary of Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide reviews 239 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I'll start with some background about my acne: I had absolutely flawless skin in high school and when I got to college, about sophomore year, I began breaking out. For the past year I have consistently had cystic acne, black heads, white heads, and extremely flaky skin. I finally broke down and went to my GP who prescribed me doxycycline, clindamycin gel, and epiduo. I only very recently started this regimen, but I am seeing results. The epiduo does burn and dry out my skin, which is why I SPOT apply it every other day. It sounds like some people apply it to their entire face, which I do not recommend unless absolutely necessary. Also, I paid around $20 w/ TriCare Standard (military) insurance. All in all, great product."

Anonymous July 26, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I've been on epiduo for about 5 weeks now and my skin had been all over the place. After about 1 week my face started to get better and after another week it got worse again. After the two weeks my face has continued to get worse. I've heard you should give It 6-8 weeks to start working so I'm still hanging in there. Anyone going through this stage, your not alone. Good luck to all epiduo users."

emilysimb28 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I got epiduo the summer of 7th grade bc my acne was horrible and nothing seemed to clear it up. I went to the dermatologist and he gave me epiduo and a facial wash. by the time summer was over, I had very clear skin. although it took a while to kick in, as long as you are consistent with it every night you will see results. I also had to use a night cream bc it made my face dry. but I just used an over the counter one and it worked just fine."

loved it (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 21, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I started using Epiduo about 2 weeks ago and it really helped flatten the bumps and pimples on my forehead. The only thing is is dried out my skin and it burned so I would recommend spot treatment."

User2 (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I LOVE EPIDUO!!! I have had really bad acne on my forehead since seventh grade and i got epiduo the summer before my freshman year. I tried everything the drugstore had from Clean and Clear, Neutrogena, and Yes to Tomatoes but they all just dried out my skin and in some cases made it worse. The first week of using epiduo, i noticed my really bad breakouts reduced in redness and size. Im still using it a year later and whenever i have a new pimple or really bad breakout, i put it on once a night and its almost completely gone a week later. The great thing is that it last you a long time since you really arent supposed to use that much at one time. I would definitely recommend asking your dermatologist about it."

lovelovelove19 July 16, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "My dermatologist prescribed me epiduo because my other acne medicine wasn't doing a very good job like epiduo is doing now but when I started using it, it has worked well on my skin. I still have a few pimples here and there especially on my forehead but epiduo has made it less noticeable and smaller every time I use it. But the negative thing is that once I started using it my skin became very sensitive and dry and left white patches everywhere on my skin where I had used the cream"

alichax12 July 15, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I started having really bad breakouts and my dermatologist prescribed me Epiduo. After the first 2 days of using it all the bumps on my face had flattened and began healing. I guess I'm just waiting to see how it will do with scarring. The epiduo didn't begin to dry my skin until the 6th day and its normal and nothing too much. I think this is going to work well seeing as I have had positive changes within 1 week. The bad thing is epiduo is very expensive if your insurance won't cover it. Even with the discount card from the doctor the total was $350 , so I'm using the sample tubes they gave me to hold out until I can buy it"

NiqueNique108 July 13, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I had moderate acne and got put on epiduo and lymecycline anti-biotics. It has been 13 weeks and my acne is a lot better than it was at the start, but I still get pimples and have a lot of scarring and hyper pigmentation which will take time to fade. For the first 5 weeks my skin got a lot worse and I had more acne than when I first started the treatment. Gradually between 9 and 12 weeks my breakouts were becoming less often and overall I would recommend Epiduo if you can stick out the initial 5-6 weeks which are difficult."

Michael980 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "My twin sister was prescribed epiduo over a year ago and it helped her acne so much, and although it's not recommended, I too used her prescription when I broke out. -We're twins, same face and same acne- and every time I used it for my random spurs of acne, it helped immediately. I even broke out bad on my chest and it wiped it out completely in a couple weeks. Now it's a year later and I have really bad forehead acne, so I just bought some epiduo today. No doubt I have hope it will work. This stuff is amazing."

epiduha July 10, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "This medicine helped my skin a lotttt ! But my face is now pretty immune to it and isn't working as well anymore but it does work great for the times before ! When i use it now I try to avoid the sun bc it makes me peel around my mouth when I go in the sun idk maybe it's just me but it sucks and is hard to get rid of at that point so just don't go in the sun with this stuff !!"

Decent face July 7, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I was perscribed this product 4 days ago and I've been taking it every night since In pea sized amounts. The first day at out a little extra on a big spot in my cheek and its dried out and flattened in that 4 days. I have very small red bumps all over my right cheek and a small breakout on my left(mostly clear though) my forehead is clear also after only having small bumps before I started he treatment. What I have noticed is results in the bigger pimples but the small bumps on my cheek haven't gone down and they're still unsightly. My face burned on the third day but not very bad, although my right cheek was especially red. I think I'll probably experience more drying and redness to come so I'm going to update changes every week till then."

JaneMaryJ June 25, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "So far Epiduo has been great on cheeks. Made my face really dry, but its worth it. Now that acne is no longer being formed on my face, I'm starting to get acne on my neck. But overall, Epiduo is great. :)"

Anonymous June 24, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I had moderate/severe acne and I went to a dermatologist and they put me on multiple medications that burned my face and made the acne worse. After I switched dermatologists, my new doctor immediately put me on epiduo and also recommended a birth control pill to help my acne. It's been 2 months and my face is clear, with only 1 or 2 pimples when I have my period. Epiduo is wonderful and also helps with healing acne scars. I have extremely sensitive skin and this cream only made me peel a little bit the first week I used it, but my skin has became acostumed and my doctor and I are very pleased with the results. My self esteem is so much better thanks to this medicine."

user11111111112 June 24, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I had tried everything going for my moderate acne - even twice on roaccutane (with amazing results) but my skin started to get worse within eight months of coming off the treatment. I went back to the dermatologist and they recommended Dianette birth control pill, but it didn't get rid of the small bumps around my chin and my confidence was getting worse. I kept taking this for about 18 months and went back the dermatologist begging them to put me back on roaccutane - but they said no to a third time. They prescribed epiduo which I'd never heard off, and I presumed it was going to be useless. I was wrong! After 12 weeks I'm totally clear, with exactly the same results as roaccutane (but without the risks!) it does sting though!"

Ajow June 21, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "31yo F - light acne on face / back since teenage years. Tried all over counter treatments, generally just made skin worse. Doctor recommended eipduo coupled with doxy - 1 year on and completely clear complexion all over. After a few months reduced doxy to 1 tablet every 3 days and continued use of epiduo - happy to finally have clear skin"

abs00 June 17, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "My experience with Epiduo is amazing. I am 13 years old and had lots of acne and occasionally pimples on my nose area, cheeks, forehead and chin. This lowered my self-esteem especially when i was in a class full of kids with clear skin. It was a pain and i usually hid my face. One of my mum's friend said to go to the GP and to get a cream or something as it got worse. So my mum took me to the GP and he told me to try Epiduo he also gave me another cream called Cetaphil. At first i had a stinging sensation especially on my nose area and my skin was peeling but i continued and it been a month and my face is clearing up. i occasionaly get 2 pimples when im on my period but nothing i cant handle. ITS AMAZING !!!"

_161101_ (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Love this stuff! Nothing else has helped my acne in 8 years until I tried Epiduo. At first it did make my face sensitive to make up and moisturizers but give it a couple weeks because these symptoms have disappeared. Definitely worth trying!"

Anonymous June 10, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Amazing. Had mild acne from 19 onwards. Tried everything you can buy over the counter, and tetracycline tablets and Zineryt lotion from my GP. Nothing seemed to cure or get rid of the problem. In desperation asked my GP if she had anything left in the armoury apart from Roaccutane, after a really bad break-out. She said try Epiduo. Absolutely amazing- maybe one spot a month now, for the last 9 months. Never seems to irritate my skin. Please, do try it. All the other positive reviews are so right. It is great stuff. I live in the UK, so "

kevsie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I have only been using epiduo for a few days and I have already seen an improvement in my acne. However my face burns everytime I put it on, I've tried to use moisturiser as my face is now extremely dry, but that hurt so much and made my face swell and go red! My face is so stiff and dry and hurts when I touch it! I have read these symptoms will go away so hopefully if I pursue I will see and improvement."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Unfortunately, this medication just didn't work for me. First off, while I understood from the many reviews I read that there may be some stinging, the pain I experienced was excruciating and didn't dissipate with time. The pain actually turned out to be an allergic reaction to benzoyl peroxide, so don't disregard it if you continue to experience pain despite carefully, staggered application over a couple months. Secondly, it simply didn't clear my acne BUT it did temporarily smooth out my frown lines and fine lines on my forehead, which was an unexpected bonus. Hope it works for you, it was simply the wrong product for me (Aczone turned out to do the trick)!"

Mrs.Bee23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Epiduo was prescribed by my dermatologist and I have to say that it really works! I still get a pimple or two at times but nothing that I can't tolerate. I don't know how I can manage without it! Thank you epiduo :)"

BB7161672 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2015

For Acne: "Three simple steps that cured my severe folliculitis acne on my chest and face for 8 weeks. Wash the affected area with antibacterial soap twice a day, take an antihistamine once a day for the itch, and apply the Tactu pump before bed. After exactly 2 months my face and chest cleared up."

metrosonix (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I have just started using it but apparently I'm not allowed to use any other face wash with it"

zerrie May 28, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I never had acne untill I hit 19, I let it go for a while thinking it would go away, then I tried a whole variety of home remedies, over the counter treatments, supplements and stopped wearing makeup and NOTHING was working. I went to my GP fed up and with low self esteem and she prescribed me epiduo! At first I was skeptical, after all it was just a cream but then I began to use it. For the first month I had terrible irritation and burning, my skin would crack and peel but I was so determined to clear my skin I pushed on. Around the 50 day mark a miracle happened!! Not 1 pimple! And I haven't had one since! My skin is just amazing now, people are complimenting me all the time about it and I feel fantastic!"

Nique1993 May 25, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "The best advice I can give about Epiduo is to definitely be patient! I know its easier said than done when like me, you're fed up with your skin and want something to work as quickly as possible. After trying almost every product under the sun, the latest thing I went on was the Epiduo. After 3 months, and using a simple light nivea moisturiser before applying, the cream really started to work and I saw massive improvements in my skin!! The redness of my spots completely cleared and now my skin is almost totally clear and I feel so much more confident! Patience really is the key to Epiduo, stick with it and you'll see just why it's worth it! Definitely recommend!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2015