User Reviews for Adapalene / benzoyl peroxide

Also known as: Epiduo

Learn more about Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide.

Acne 215 reviews 513 medications

Summary of Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide reviews 215 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "The best advice I can give about Epiduo is to definitely be patient! I know its easier said than done when like me, you're fed up with your skin and want something to work as quickly as possible. After trying almost every product under the sun, the latest thing I went on was the Epiduo. After 3 months, and using a simple light nivea moisturiser before applying, the cream really started to work and I saw massive improvements in my skin!! The redness of my spots completely cleared and now my skin is almost totally clear and I feel so much more confident! Patience really is the key to Epiduo, stick with it and you'll see just why it's worth it! Definitely recommend!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I've only been on epiduo for around 2 months, but combined with the doxycycline tablets I was prescribed, the results have been amazing , I still have a fair bit of scaring that needs to fade, but the skin on my face feels smooth for the first time in 7 years. whilst using these medicines I did experience severe dry skin and therefore peeling as well as irritated skin once the peeling stopped , but all of this is small when the end goal is in the picture, I would highly recommend Epiduo !"

Moo95 May 8, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I can't say enough about this product. I suffer from acne cysts that show up every few months. Using epiduo as a spot treatment has been a miracle. I used to have to seek out a cortisone injection or wait out the long process of allowing the cyst to heal while looking absolutely terrible. Now with the epiduo the cyst seems to form a head and heal within days of first arriving. I'd recommend this to anyone who has had the misfortune of dealing with these terrible deep acne cysts"

JAH2015 May 5, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I had HORRIBLE acne since I was 13+. I've been using EPIDUO since I was 16 and I can't go without it! I'm now 18 and I've never stopped using it. It's amazing. At first you will be very irritated and your skin gets super dry. But give it a week or 2 and you'll be fine. Your skin adapts and after that it's great. I don't know what I would do without it because there have been times where I stop using it for about a month or 2 and my acne starts coming back. So I guess I'll be using this the rest of my life lol. I get so many compliments on my skin since I've been using this product, everyone asks me what I do."

CamilleP May 1, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Been using epiduo for nearly 4 years and would highly recommend! I used to have mild/moderate acne on my forehead and started using epiduo when I was 13. Took a month or so to properly kick in but I am 17 now and apart from the odd spot I haven't had any acne since. Would definitely recommend!"

gracecert (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I cannot tell you how pleased I am to have found epiduo. I had horrible acne all throughout middle school then I finally cleared it up by high school. I was happy with my skin for about a year...then I got on birth control which broke me out horribly. My acne was just as bad as it was in middle school, except now I was 18 years old. I went back to the dermatologist and tried everything. Nothing worked. I finally switched dermatologists and they immediately put me on epiduo. Within two months my face has cleared except for the occassional one or two pimples around my period. I've never been happier. Dried my face out a little at first, but all acne medications do. It's well worth it - a life saver."

Heather ML (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I started using Epiduo at the end of January and it is now the end of April and my skin has improved so much! I suffered from a lot of clogged pores and black heads that would turn into the pimples with the gross pus. It was severe or anything like that, but having clogged pores on my cheeks was just a nightmare and makeup always made them look obvious. My skin now has only 2-3 black heads that are going away on their own. My skin never purged all at once where my skin looked worse. It was really gradual. The clogged pores went away or they sometimes came up, but never all at once so totally manageable.My advice with this stuff is to 1. Give it time. You definitely need to give it 3 months to do its thing and 2. moisturize!"

AbbyUSA April 27, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "hi all I would like to share my experience I have had acne a long time. I tried all products and acne treatments. Then when my friend suggest me about epiduo gel saying it works wonders. when I started using it first week it become hell my face become red skin, peeling and dry. But I pausee for 5 days and used misturiser oilfree. Afetr that I started using again epiduo every alternative day it work amazing. I Usually don't write review but want to help all acne suffers and tell them that this medicine helped a lot and I'm so happy my skin looks so good no break out nothing, but yes you need to chose a good moisturing cream. Also very important drink lots of water and don't be disappointed bcoz when u will start epiduo gel it will really breakout the first week. At that time just pause two to three days and start using the moisturiser"

KalpanaH April 25, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I am on epiduo and my skin is very dry and irritated but, the acne is ALL gone!! When my Doctor prescribed me to this she have me a sample package that provided me with a gentle soap cleanser called cetaphil and along with the epiduo samples. To calm down the dryness I would steam my face often and that helped for about 20 miniutes after that my skin would irritate me and burn. The dryness mostly happened around the nose area and chin and a little bit around the cheek bones. I think this product does wonders and really improves your acne scars and marks. HIGHLY RECOMENDED :)"

Natalie :&3&281' April 24, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "This medicine works very well and I'm seeing improvements after just a few days. However, it burns your face and hurts like hell."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Been on Epiduo for about a year. Maybe a bit less. 11 months or so. Use it in conjuction with Doxy pills.Ever since I was about 13/14 I have had moderate acne. Mainly whiteheads. Bad enough to notice but not bad enough to take up too much time as a teen. Didn't go away by the time I was 21 so decided to go see the doc. First week of Epiduo- No difference at all. Second-fourth week- Breakout central. Avoided looking in the mirror at all and got through the days telling myself it would get better. From there it has gotten much better. Still get a few but this would have gone down maybe 70% from what it was. Don't recommend it for those with dry skin though. When I started it was oily and now I have to use moisturizer every day for dry skin"

sffssd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2015

For Acne: "I have the most severe follicilitis acne on my forehead and spread on my face for six month. I went to see a very good dermatologist and he gave me this medicine and I can tell you honestly that it works amazingly. So far I am on my first week of treatment and my face improved about 75 percent. I will continue using it."

metrosonix April 23, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I used to have huge acnes appear on my forehead every 1-2 weeks, and I heal really slow so it sort of adds onto the scarring and disrupts the healing process. My dermatologist prescribed Epiduo and I have been using it every night for 2 months now and my skin has never been better, no acnes AT ALL! Like most of the people, when I first started using it my skin turned really dry and it burned slightly for the first 3-4 days. I'd stop for a day if it gets worse then resume the next day. But after your skin gets used to it it should be fine after. This certainly did wonders for me!"

joeytee April 16, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "So I'm 16, a teenager with acne, as usual. I used this product from my dermatologist and I have to say I love it! I didn't get any peeling or redness or pain at all. I really noticed a difference after the first day. It smoothed my skin and took away some scars. I love this product and would definitely recommend it for other teenagers like me dealing with acne."

Alexaa__ (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "My dermatologist prescribed me Epiduo and it's been OK. My face has cleared up 40% of the way but it BURNS! I will stop using the product for a little while until the dryness and rawness clears and then continue about every other day."

DarcyDarling April 6, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I've had epiduo for around 3 days already and only by using it once a night I have already seen significant changes in my acne. Before I got this I tryed so many different face washes and this is the only one that had a positive reaction"

Aflow (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I've been using this cream alongside the pill (dianette) for about 4 months now. My god it's amazing! My face had moderate acne before, and quite noticeable and very red. Now, my skin is so great that I actually prefer my face without makeup and I was always a thick foundation kind of person. Can't recommend it enough!"

Hannahelzabth April 5, 2015

For Acne: "I used this acne cream about a week ago and now I can say that the acne on my face has decreased very much. I had acne on the top portions of both cheeks and they were not going away for months. So for five days I applied the cream every night. Be forewarned that the cream burns/stings a lot. But I believe it is worth it. My skin is very sensitive and by the fifth day I started getting worried because I thought that the red marks that appeared on my acne areas because of the cream would not go away! So I stopped applying it on the fifth day. and the day after I went to the doctor and he prescribed Cortate Cream for me to get rid of the red spots. I've been applying it for 2-3 days and the red spots are now gone."

Sana A. April 2, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "My dermatologist gave me some samples of Epiduo and I tried it. Now, of course I know the saying, "it gets worse before it gets better." However, in my case it got much much worse, alot worse than I ever had. Bad enough where it greatly effected my self esteem. About two weeks into it, I had to stop because my face was burning really bad and it looked worse than ever. So, I stopped taking it because it was the type of acne that would leave scars so I stopped and used the other sample he gave me, which is Tazorac gel 0.1. Since I've been using that, it has cleared up my skin very well. Still have improvements to go but I like what results I'm seeing now. So, Epiduo didn't work for me but I guess it does for some people."

A.B. March 31, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I am a female in her mid 20s. I've always had random breakouts due to hormonal changes and stress. Recently, my acne seemed to be getting out of hand and none of the at home treatments I was using helped. I have been using Epiduo for a little over 3 weeks now and I think my skin is just now getting used to it. At first, it really irritated my skin and caused it to burn, become red, and look swollen. I have no experienced any peeling like most other people have. I have to experiment with it a little bit, though. I just apply it to my forehead and chin, then bring the excess onto my nose. I use Cetaphil daily moisturizer for dry skin on top of the Epiduo. For the past week, my skin has been exceptionally clear and not nearly as irritated."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I have been using Epiduo every night for 3 weeks now and I can honestly say it has done wonders! I had terrible breakouts on my forehead and jaw line but this product has taken care of it and all I have now are red marks that will hopefully go away soon! There was a point where I broke out more but it seemed to be from my foundation so I would still recommend this!"

Ana3789 March 21, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I've only been using Epiduo for a few days and I don't know how I'll ever go without it. I use it twice a day and it is working wonders on my acne. Some people have mentioned that it dries out their skin and makes it flaky. I have not experienced this whatsoever because I have very oily skin."

Keps March 21, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I have been Epiduo for about a month now and I have to say it is the most gentle acne med I have ever been on. I was expecting the horror stories of flaking and dry skin that I have read about and I have had zero irritation since using it. Overall, it seems to work well but I don't think it can tackle my severe nodular cystic acne so I think I will have to go back on Accutane sadly. Please don't let people scare you away from trying this med though, if I didn't have these huge cysts I would rate this a 10 but as most people know, topical can do little for cystic acne which is not this meds fault. Overall, my skin is super smooth and I would highly suggest this medication."

puppyhead (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "My skin had a very nasty breakout after almost 10 years of no acne whatsoever (I'm 34 now). I have oily/combination skin and went on antibiotics/adapalene/topical solutions but nothing really helped. Finally, my dermatologist suggested that I try Epiduo as a night treatment (along with my daily moisturizer, Avene Cleanance Expert - another miracle product). Honestly, it only got worse before it started getting better. My skin got almost burned, it peeled badly and was really irritated. Somehow, very slowly and gradually it started clearing up. Now, after using Epiduo every other night for the last 3 months, my skin has almost minimal breakouts, looks and feels smoother and I'm on my way to reclaiming my lost clear skin and self-esteem."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for : "Epiduo is great. People say they are getting rashes because of Epiduo but they are wrong. You just have to use it in dime sized portions, it clears my skin really well."

Anonymous March 5, 2015