User Reviews for Adapalene / benzoyl peroxide

Also known as: Epiduo

Learn more about Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide.

Acne 229 reviews 512 medications

Summary of Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide reviews 229 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I was perscribed this product 4 days ago and I've been taking it every night since In pea sized amounts. The first day at out a little extra on a big spot in my cheek and its dried out and flattened in that 4 days. I have very small red bumps all over my right cheek and a small breakout on my left(mostly clear though) my forehead is clear also after only having small bumps before I started he treatment. What I have noticed is results in the bigger pimples but the small bumps on my cheek haven't gone down and they're still unsightly. My face burned on the third day but not very bad, although my right cheek was especially red. I think I'll probably experience more drying and redness to come so I'm going to update changes every week till then."

JaneMaryJ June 25, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "So far Epiduo has been great on cheeks. Made my face really dry, but its worth it. Now that acne is no longer being formed on my face, I'm starting to get acne on my neck. But overall, Epiduo is great. :)"

Anonymous June 24, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I had moderate/severe acne and I went to a dermatologist and they put me on multiple medications that burned my face and made the acne worse. After I switched dermatologists, my new doctor immediately put me on epiduo and also recommended a birth control pill to help my acne. It's been 2 months and my face is clear, with only 1 or 2 pimples when I have my period. Epiduo is wonderful and also helps with healing acne scars. I have extremely sensitive skin and this cream only made me peel a little bit the first week I used it, but my skin has became acostumed and my doctor and I are very pleased with the results. My self esteem is so much better thanks to this medicine."

user11111111112 June 24, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I had tried everything going for my moderate acne - even twice on roaccutane (with amazing results) but my skin started to get worse within eight months of coming off the treatment. I went back to the dermatologist and they recommended Dianette birth control pill, but it didn't get rid of the small bumps around my chin and my confidence was getting worse. I kept taking this for about 18 months and went back the dermatologist begging them to put me back on roaccutane - but they said no to a third time. They prescribed epiduo which I'd never heard off, and I presumed it was going to be useless. I was wrong! After 12 weeks I'm totally clear, with exactly the same results as roaccutane (but without the risks!) it does sting though!"

Ajow June 21, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "31yo F - light acne on face / back since teenage years. Tried all over counter treatments, generally just made skin worse. Doctor recommended eipduo coupled with doxy - 1 year on and completely clear complexion all over. After a few months reduced doxy to 1 tablet every 3 days and continued use of epiduo - happy to finally have clear skin"

abs00 June 17, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "My experience with Epiduo is amazing. I am 13 years old and had lots of acne and occasionally pimples on my nose area, cheeks, forehead and chin. This lowered my self-esteem especially when i was in a class full of kids with clear skin. It was a pain and i usually hid my face. One of my mum's friend said to go to the GP and to get a cream or something as it got worse. So my mum took me to the GP and he told me to try Epiduo he also gave me another cream called Cetaphil. At first i had a stinging sensation especially on my nose area and my skin was peeling but i continued and it been a month and my face is clearing up. i occasionaly get 2 pimples when im on my period but nothing i cant handle. ITS AMAZING !!!"

_161101_ (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Love this stuff! Nothing else has helped my acne in 8 years until I tried Epiduo. At first it did make my face sensitive to make up and moisturizers but give it a couple weeks because these symptoms have disappeared. Definitely worth trying!"

Anonymous June 10, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Amazing. Had mild acne from 19 onwards. Tried everything you can buy over the counter, and tetracycline tablets and Zineryt lotion from my GP. Nothing seemed to cure or get rid of the problem. In desperation asked my GP if she had anything left in the armoury apart from Roaccutane, after a really bad break-out. She said try Epiduo. Absolutely amazing- maybe one spot a month now, for the last 9 months. Never seems to irritate my skin. Please, do try it. All the other positive reviews are so right. It is great stuff. I live in the UK, so "

kevsie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I have only been using epiduo for a few days and I have already seen an improvement in my acne. However my face burns everytime I put it on, I've tried to use moisturiser as my face is now extremely dry, but that hurt so much and made my face swell and go red! My face is so stiff and dry and hurts when I touch it! I have read these symptoms will go away so hopefully if I pursue I will see and improvement."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Unfortunately, this medication just didn't work for me. First off, while I understood from the many reviews I read that there may be some stinging, the pain I experienced was excruciating and didn't dissipate with time. The pain actually turned out to be an allergic reaction to benzoyl peroxide, so don't disregard it if you continue to experience pain despite carefully, staggered application over a couple months. Secondly, it simply didn't clear my acne BUT it did temporarily smooth out my frown lines and fine lines on my forehead, which was an unexpected bonus. Hope it works for you, it was simply the wrong product for me (Aczone turned out to do the trick)!"

Mrs.Bee23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Epiduo was prescribed by my dermatologist and I have to say that it really works! I still get a pimple or two at times but nothing that I can't tolerate. I don't know how I can manage without it! Thank you epiduo :)"

BB7161672 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2015

For Acne: "Three simple steps that cured my severe folliculitis acne on my chest and face for 8 weeks. Wash the affected area with antibacterial soap twice a day, take an antihistamine once a day for the itch, and apply the Tactu pump before bed. After exactly 2 months my face and chest cleared up."

metrosonix (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I have just started using it but apparently I'm not allowed to use any other face wash with it"

zerrie May 28, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I never had acne untill I hit 19, I let it go for a while thinking it would go away, then I tried a whole variety of home remedies, over the counter treatments, supplements and stopped wearing makeup and NOTHING was working. I went to my GP fed up and with low self esteem and she prescribed me epiduo! At first I was skeptical, after all it was just a cream but then I began to use it. For the first month I had terrible irritation and burning, my skin would crack and peel but I was so determined to clear my skin I pushed on. Around the 50 day mark a miracle happened!! Not 1 pimple! And I haven't had one since! My skin is just amazing now, people are complimenting me all the time about it and I feel fantastic!"

Nique1993 May 25, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "The best advice I can give about Epiduo is to definitely be patient! I know its easier said than done when like me, you're fed up with your skin and want something to work as quickly as possible. After trying almost every product under the sun, the latest thing I went on was the Epiduo. After 3 months, and using a simple light nivea moisturiser before applying, the cream really started to work and I saw massive improvements in my skin!! The redness of my spots completely cleared and now my skin is almost totally clear and I feel so much more confident! Patience really is the key to Epiduo, stick with it and you'll see just why it's worth it! Definitely recommend!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I've only been on epiduo for around 2 months, but combined with the doxycycline tablets I was prescribed, the results have been amazing , I still have a fair bit of scaring that needs to fade, but the skin on my face feels smooth for the first time in 7 years. whilst using these medicines I did experience severe dry skin and therefore peeling as well as irritated skin once the peeling stopped , but all of this is small when the end goal is in the picture, I would highly recommend Epiduo !"

Moo95 May 8, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I can't say enough about this product. I suffer from acne cysts that show up every few months. Using epiduo as a spot treatment has been a miracle. I used to have to seek out a cortisone injection or wait out the long process of allowing the cyst to heal while looking absolutely terrible. Now with the epiduo the cyst seems to form a head and heal within days of first arriving. I'd recommend this to anyone who has had the misfortune of dealing with these terrible deep acne cysts"

JAH2015 May 5, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I had HORRIBLE acne since I was 13+. I've been using EPIDUO since I was 16 and I can't go without it! I'm now 18 and I've never stopped using it. It's amazing. At first you will be very irritated and your skin gets super dry. But give it a week or 2 and you'll be fine. Your skin adapts and after that it's great. I don't know what I would do without it because there have been times where I stop using it for about a month or 2 and my acne starts coming back. So I guess I'll be using this the rest of my life lol. I get so many compliments on my skin since I've been using this product, everyone asks me what I do."

CamilleP May 1, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Been using epiduo for nearly 4 years and would highly recommend! I used to have mild/moderate acne on my forehead and started using epiduo when I was 13. Took a month or so to properly kick in but I am 17 now and apart from the odd spot I haven't had any acne since. Would definitely recommend!"

gracecert (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I cannot tell you how pleased I am to have found epiduo. I had horrible acne all throughout middle school then I finally cleared it up by high school. I was happy with my skin for about a year...then I got on birth control which broke me out horribly. My acne was just as bad as it was in middle school, except now I was 18 years old. I went back to the dermatologist and tried everything. Nothing worked. I finally switched dermatologists and they immediately put me on epiduo. Within two months my face has cleared except for the occassional one or two pimples around my period. I've never been happier. Dried my face out a little at first, but all acne medications do. It's well worth it - a life saver."

Heather ML (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I started using Epiduo at the end of January and it is now the end of April and my skin has improved so much! I suffered from a lot of clogged pores and black heads that would turn into the pimples with the gross pus. It was severe or anything like that, but having clogged pores on my cheeks was just a nightmare and makeup always made them look obvious. My skin now has only 2-3 black heads that are going away on their own. My skin never purged all at once where my skin looked worse. It was really gradual. The clogged pores went away or they sometimes came up, but never all at once so totally manageable.My advice with this stuff is to 1. Give it time. You definitely need to give it 3 months to do its thing and 2. moisturize!"

AbbyUSA April 27, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "hi all I would like to share my experience I have had acne a long time. I tried all products and acne treatments. Then when my friend suggest me about epiduo gel saying it works wonders. when I started using it first week it become hell my face become red skin, peeling and dry. But I pausee for 5 days and used misturiser oilfree. Afetr that I started using again epiduo every alternative day it work amazing. I Usually don't write review but want to help all acne suffers and tell them that this medicine helped a lot and I'm so happy my skin looks so good no break out nothing, but yes you need to chose a good moisturing cream. Also very important drink lots of water and don't be disappointed bcoz when u will start epiduo gel it will really breakout the first week. At that time just pause two to three days and start using the moisturiser"

KalpanaH April 25, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I am on epiduo and my skin is very dry and irritated but, the acne is ALL gone!! When my Doctor prescribed me to this she have me a sample package that provided me with a gentle soap cleanser called cetaphil and along with the epiduo samples. To calm down the dryness I would steam my face often and that helped for about 20 miniutes after that my skin would irritate me and burn. The dryness mostly happened around the nose area and chin and a little bit around the cheek bones. I think this product does wonders and really improves your acne scars and marks. HIGHLY RECOMENDED :)"

Natalie :&3&281' April 24, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "This medicine works very well and I'm seeing improvements after just a few days. However, it burns your face and hurts like hell."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2015

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Been on Epiduo for about a year. Maybe a bit less. 11 months or so. Use it in conjuction with Doxy pills.Ever since I was about 13/14 I have had moderate acne. Mainly whiteheads. Bad enough to notice but not bad enough to take up too much time as a teen. Didn't go away by the time I was 21 so decided to go see the doc. First week of Epiduo- No difference at all. Second-fourth week- Breakout central. Avoided looking in the mirror at all and got through the days telling myself it would get better. From there it has gotten much better. Still get a few but this would have gone down maybe 70% from what it was. Don't recommend it for those with dry skin though. When I started it was oily and now I have to use moisturizer every day for dry skin"

sffssd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2015