Pill Identifier App

8.1
Summary of Epiduo reviews 102 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Epiduo

Review by Hollywoodox: User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: PART 1 This stuff is amazing, by far the best product if you are looking for something to help with your skin. If you have gotten this product from a dermatologist, and you've come across my review. Make sure you aren't just slabbing it on thinking it will give you faster results, this WILL dry out your skin if you aren't careful. Use enough that it will cover your whole face (don't get close too your eyes) but ONLY do this once a week, and slowly add it into your routine. Than the next week, do it twice, with a few days in between, than the next week 3.. etc. Your skin needs to adapt too this product, otherwise IT WILL HURT. If your skin does get a little dry, I suggest using "Nivea Cream" it comes in a 100ml blue bottle.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 3, 2014 8:17 PM
Review by Pres2534: User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: I would highly recommend this product. It takes about a week to kick in and it clears my skin up so well. I still breakout around my period, but other than that if you use it like you're supposed to it worked for me! I was really depressed and did everything I could to find acne treatments, and I'm very happy with the results so far!

March 30, 2014 6:03 PM
Review by Bethrrrrrr (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: I'm currently using Epiduo and have been for only the past few weeks. Although I have experienced the burning, stinging, redness and dry skin on my face I am already noticing an extreme difference in my acne, it has decreased an astonishing amount and has been the most effective treatment I have used yet. I highly recommend using the gel!

March 12, 2014 6:42 PM
Review by Ceo/Gman (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: I've had the worst acne and blackheads since I was 12 or 13. I use Cerave Hydrating Cleanser to cleanse my skin followed by Epiduo in the morning. I moisturize with Cerave A.M. moisturizing lotion. At night I cleanse and scrub off dead skin, and use Retin-A Micro Gel followed by the Cerave P.M. moisturizing lotion. Let me start off by saying that I got discouraged the first week because my skin burned, started to peel, got flaky and just plain out looked like a red tomato. My first thought was I will not use this no more. I stopped for two days and just moisturized to heal my skin. I started back up again and told myself pain is just a physical feeling that the mind can overcome. I'm pulling through it and guess what? Its working !

March 5, 2014 9:16 PM
Review by Not just for teens (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: I am 29 years old, and have had acne for over fifteen years. This was the first acne product (prescription or over the counter) that worked well for me. My dermatologist explained that it could take several weeks before I saw results. However, within one week I saw improvement in my skin. By the third week, I was shocked at how much clearer my skin was. My doctor gave me a coupon so it only cost $25. It was so worth it! I highly recommend this product.

February 26, 2014 11:43 PM
Review by Kuroi Neko-kun: User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: I'm 29 and suffered from small acne spots that broke out to big.. and I do mean big... pimples on my forehead. Tried everything off the counter to get rid of it. When I plucked up the courage to go to a doctor he prescribed 3 things to me: - Dalacin T (Day & Night) - Epiduo (Night) - Physiogel AI Cream (Night) He did stress that the Epiduo will burn for a couple of weeks before I got used to it and the Physiogel was to counter the effects a little. After 3 weeks it started clearing a bit and now after nearly a year, my skin is clear! What I suggest before using this product is to ask a dermatologist for their point of view. There is a chance that this might not be the medication for you so they can prescribe you something else.

February 19, 2014 7:03 AM
Review by Courtney Gardner: User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: I had pretty bad breakouts when I first started using this product, but now that I use it my face is so much clearer! Any time I'm having a breakout, I put some Epiduo on it at night and it's already better in the morning. The only bad thing with using this is it dries out your skin. So I have to use plenty of moisturizer! But it's great!

February 12, 2014 10:33 PM
Review by jozo: User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: I have been using this product for over 2 months. At first, my breakouts were still occurring and my skin was really dry. It did not burn my skin like other prescription creams have so I was able to continue using it. My skin is still dry, but it's really clear. I also don't mind having dry skin-- I've been on Accutane so many times that I'm just accustomed to it. I do have a few pimples here and there, but it's nothing to stress about. This cream really works when you stick to a strict routine.

January 27, 2014 10:30 PM
Review by V.B (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: There is no reason to hesitate with this product whatsoever. This product is the bottom line product when treating acne. I have worked as a formulator for a cosmetics company and I am trained chemistry and future physician. This product worked so well for me it has changed my life completely. I have suffered from acne since I was 11. OUT of all the products I used this is the only one that works. The best results are achieved by using it after you shower and wash your face thoroughly so the medication can penetrate.

January 20, 2014 4:22 PM
Review by zeenaa (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: I was on Accutane in high school, it worked for a few years, I took birth control for 8 years so that may have helped a lot with the acne too. After having my daughter I went off birth control permanently. My acne returned pretty quickly. I had moderate/severe acne on my cheeks and jawline. I saw some improvement with Epiduo after about 3 weeks but its been 10 weeks and I have only a couple active zits. My skin looks good, just the old scars left and I think it's even helped minimize those. I don't really like prescription medicines in general, I prefer natural, but, this surprisingly works.

January 14, 2014 7:39 PM
Review by Sarah_Elly (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: I could not even go more than a month using this due to the severe irritation it caused. I have very sensitive skin and whenever I use this product my skin immediately starts drying, burning, itching, and swelling a little, much like a sunburn. I read somewhere that this sunburn feeling is sometimes an effect of this medicine but I just cannot keep using this medicine. No matter how much moisturizer I apply the horrible feeling does not go away, which led me to have to put a cold and wet washcloth over my face just to soothe the burning feeling.

January 6, 2014 11:03 AM
Review by Madison L: User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: It helps so much. When I went to the dermatologist the first time, I told her that I have had sensitive skin and every product I have tried burns and dries out my face even more. She told me, to avoid burning use Epiduo every 3rd night. It seems to be a problem in almost all the reviews that everyone's skin starts drying out and burning. Using it makes my skin feel so much better and burned for only about a half hour the first time I tried it.

December 27, 2013 4:39 PM
Review by Lexie Marie: User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: This medication was amazing. It cleared if not all then most of my acne. It worked faster and better than anything I've ever tried. My skin did get dry and itchy at times but the cheap moisturizer I use fixed that quickly. Overall, the product is genius and effective.

December 7, 2013 7:46 PM
Review by Yoop (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: Update: My skin initially cleared up for the First week but then the next 2-3 weeks were horrible with a lot of breakouts! For the first 3 weeks my skin was so red, painful, dry and peeling. Then all of a sudden everything went away... My acne is minimal/almost completely gone after a little over a month and my skin feels so hydrated! Such a great product!

December 3, 2013 11:02 AM
Review by DeeLL: User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: My dr prescribed me different creams & pills but nothing helped to clear my acne. My dr then sent me to a Dermatologist who prescribed me Epiduo Cream. It took around 3wks before I started noticing the changes. Using the cream burnt my face a little bit in the first wk but has not done it since. I have now been using Epiduo for almost a yr. My face has never been so clear, and very rarely do I get a pimple. I found the best way for it work for me, is I shower ever night & only wash my face with Gold bar soap. I then dry my face & apply the Epiduo very sparingly. When I wake in the morning, I use a flannel and wash my face. I do not use any creams, makeup or moisturier.

November 16, 2013 11:57 AM
Review by James Kukis (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: I have been using Epiduo for a week now and wow has it made a huge difference. I have tried many other products with no success. For years I saw the Epiduo commercials and just ignored them. (A Huge MISTAKE) I am 16 years old and have had a big acne problem for years now. I am so glad I finally suggested to my doctor to try this. I will say that it hurts, but during the day I wear an oil free facial lotion. I wear the Epiduo at night. I am getting used to it and so far I am very pleased! I wish someone would have suggested this to me years ago!

November 15, 2013 10:54 PM
Review by ValentinaRoop: User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: Was prescribed Epiduo by my doctor after being diagnosed with PCOS (spots/acne is often a common side effect of this) - anyway, first two weeks of using it my skin was BAD. Cystic acne, redness, itchy, painful skin to touch the whole nine yards. Then it just stopped being as painful and the spots really REALLY cleared up. I have smooth cheeks now, with the odd one spot just creeping up hormonally as expected. However, do not use any other harsh spot clearing product (or have a skin specific facial) on the face as I guarantee it'll be painful and red all day (speaking from experience!!!)

November 12, 2013 2:58 PM
Review by caitlynpick29: User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: I am 17. Epiduo clears my acne so well. If I have a bad breakout and I use the Epiduo, my face is pretty much clear within a week after I start using it. I really love this product and it has definitely helped with my acne.

November 11, 2013 11:38 PM
Review by Bob1334: User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: I am an 18 year old guy who has struggled with moderate acne for years. I have tried everything from benzoyl peroxide to salicylic acid and more. Recently, I went to the derm and got prescribed with epiduo, aczone, and doxycycline hyclate pills. I also wash my face with cetaphil bar soap. I have been using these things for 2 weeks and I have broken out more and my face got dried out and red. Should I continue this treatment or look for something else? Any comments/feedback/tips will be greatly appreciated.

November 10, 2013 4:51 PM
Review by Yoop! (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: I am 23 with adult onset acne. I have tried so many things from natural products (honey, banana, cinnamon etc.) to about every store bought product in existence! Nothing helped. I've been on Epiduo for 4 days and have noticed my acne is already stopping. However, area on my face are very dry with peeling, red, itchy and painful to touch. Basically feels like a bad sunburn! I do expect that this should go away from other reviewers results and plan to use a recommended lotion and avoid putting the Epiduo on the dry area of my face for now. I am also on amoxicillin twice daily. I would recommend this so far!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 10, 2013 12:51 PM
Review by Brittttttt (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: I was 13 when i got my first epiduo, i suffered from serious painful burning on my cheek/chin, it was so bad,i couldnt wear foundation,moisturising cream because it stung because it felt like it scraped loads of my skin off, i have been using it for about 1-2 months and i cannot see a differance,the doctor said its the best going spot treatment, i wouldnt really reccomend it,and im on my 2nd perscription of epiduo now

October 23, 2013 11:15 AM
Review by TMarie12 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: I have been suffering from adult acne for over a year and finally plucked up the courage to see the dermatologist for the first time in my life and boy, am I glad I did! I have been using Epiduo paired with an oral antibiotic (Solodyn) for about 1 1/2 months and my skin already looks better. I did have the redness on my first application (like a sunburn) and there was a good amount of dryness around my mouth for the first few weeks, but if you stop applying to those dry areas, it gets better. I also experienced some burning - but only in the dry areas. I didn't really have an initial breakout, just a few little pimples that were NOTHING like the huge cysts that I had been so used to getting. Another pro - my skin is SO SOFT now.

October 14, 2013 10:08 AM
Review by Meg White Witch: User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: A while ago, I was assured that Clinique could get rid of the problem areas on my cheeks if I were to use the 3 step system and the clinical dark spot corrector. The 3 step system worked for a while but, it never actually got rid of anything. It went from bad to worse in the last few months; cheeks completely exploded with red spots, whiteheads, small cysts and tiny pimples from wearing so much make up to try & cover up. Went to the docs, he gave me Epiduo. Been using it for under a week and my skin ALREADY looks 100% better. It's dry, yes, and turning slightly red, but even the pigmentation I've had for over a year is disappearing. I just moisturize in the morning now after washing my face and it seems to be less dry throughout the day, YAY.

October 10, 2013 4:53 AM
Review by Ambybuz: User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: I have been using Epiduo for a little over a month and my face broke out very bad the first two weeks and has been clearing up ever since. However, the Epiduo gel has made every single hyperpigmentation that ever existed on my face turn bright bright red and when I wear makeup they look purple. The first 2 weeks I broke out in terrible cystic acne on my chin in the lower parts of my cheeks, but that has all cleared up now since I stuck with the Epiduo. I don't think I would have stuck with it had there not been so many reviews online saying that this would happen. I do get a whitehead every other day but I'm hoping that that will continue to slow down and be completely clear within the next month like the other reviews have said.

October 9, 2013 10:53 AM
Review by MeeganMariie: User Rating:

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: Epiduo is amazing. I tried all sorts of acne creams and this one is like a blessing. I went to my dermatologist and she gave this for me to use! This is my second week and most of my pimples have eased and are gone. I'm impressed with this product and I will keep using it.

October 7, 2013 10:57 PM