User Reviews for Epiduo

Acne 246 reviews 512 medications

7.8
Summary of Epiduo reviews 246 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Epiduo

For Acne "I started using epiduo around 3 weeks ago. I got it from my doctor for my oily skin. The first week my skin did get better. The bumps on my forehead had vanished. The next two weeks had the opposite results. I read that its usually gets worse before it gets better so I am hoping that is the case for me. I am breaking out on my chin a lot and middle forehead a bit. Epiduo retrains the skin and is drawing out the gunk in the pore that has been sitting there for quite a while."

ASpot (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2015

For Acne "Hi i have been using epiduo for the last 3 weeks and it hasn't been the best experience I would have hoped... The first week was the best I was clear and free, after that I was getting sunburnt and my friends asked why are you so sunburned. I say I was out in the sun. Then today I got a blister on my face I don't know how and I'm going to school tomorrow that's great! Well hopefully it gets better, Hope you have better experience than I did."

Mikey z September 1, 2015

For Acne "This summer I decided that I was finally going to begin acne treatment for my face. Surprisingly, being in the sun helped a lot and then my doctor recommended epiduo. I was excited to finally have clear skin. Then I tried it out for two weeks. I noticed my skin getting progressively worse. Then after a while, I began feeling an odd burning sensation. The next morning I woke up to blotchy, painful, burning skin. Basically nothing could soothe it and I started school later that week. The burning was terrible and makeup couldn't cover it. I've tried various moisturizers but none helped. I was stuck with skin that was a lot worse than before I started, and a blotchy, burning, bright red spotty face. I don't recommend trying this product."

Morgs August 27, 2015

For Acne "When my doctor prescribed me epiduo, he had me taking it with doxycycline hyclate. Now, I don't know which one is working. But I do know that epiduo is giving me near CONSTANT sunburn. The doctor said to put on sunscreen right before I go outside at all, and again every hour I am outside. Who is going to be able to take sunscreen with them all the time? I'm in cross country at my high school, and I can't just stop in the middle of practice to put on sunscreen! But, it did help my acne a lot. It's still there, but not nearly as bad as it was before."

Zach W. (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2015

For Acne "My acne isn't cystic it's literally just little pimples, but whatever kind of acne you have is still annoying and makes you feel disgusted with your face. So this time round (this is my second acne nightmaremy doctor has given me Epiduo. On the first week I saw a huge difference - most of the pimples had gone or reduced in size. However my skin went horrifically dry and I struggled to wear makeup because my skin would literally just flake off. My skin would also get an awful burning sensation but I found applying moisturiser before applying Epiduo helps stop it burning as bad. On roughly the third/fourth week my acne got a lot worse and my skin a lot drier, but that soon passed and my skin is now looking better than ever!"

Nicolarsmith11 August 23, 2015

For Acne "My experience with Epiduo has been phoenominal. It's been 2 years and I have developed a solid skincare routine based on it, my skin is looking better than ever. I have recommended this product to two of my friends, who have also seen results. Epiduo is very drying to the skin. I recommend asking at your doctors/pharmacy for a deep moisturiser, I made the mistake of using over the counter brands such as simple and E45 which could not help my extremely dry skin. I recommend Cetraban. Epiduo is amazing, definitely worth a try."

Catherine Payne (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 22, 2015

For Acne "I'm 17, I don't really have pimples, But I do have clogged pores and minor black heads. I've been using epiduo for about 2 weeks (prescribed by doctor) and so far my face is itchy, dry, and I'm breaking out (I don't usually have break outs). I'm not impressed with the product"

Leticia_5 August 19, 2015

For Acne "I LOVEEE epiduo!!!!!! I was covered with acne on my face and my dermatologist recommended it. After two or three months I was clear. Within the first week I saw improvement! It did leave my face a bit dry - nothing that moisturizer couldn't fix though. After about a year of using epiduo, I am proud to say that I am proud to go out without any makeup. (cons - NOTHING!!!)"

kay.pocus (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 19, 2015

For Acne "I'm currently 16, I started to get acne around 4th grade when I first endured puberty. it started out as blackheads around my nose but now i have white&blackheads on my chin, cheeks(biggest problem area) and jaw. It got really bad my sophomore year. (I'm a junior) but it wasn't cystic. It was somewhere between grade 1-2 acne. I started epiduo roughly two weeks ago. My first week, my skin cleared up! Not completely but I did notice improvement. I apply it every night after washing my face, showering. Sadly, my skin and neck are irritated, ITCHY, red and burning even with the small amount I put on. My acne has become worse. I'm hoping it will pull through. I got it for $45 (insurance didn't cover) by printing out a coupon on epiduo.com!!"

Kbruhhhh August 19, 2015

For Acne "I've used this product for a very long time and I've noticed that if I don't end up popping the pimple, it becomes a very impacted whitehead. The product doesn't diminish the pimple, but changes it. This is just my personal experience."

Optional (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 12, 2015

For Acne "This product has worked 100% for me. It did take a full 3 months to show full effect but truly- that's it- one year on and I no longer have acne at all ever- gone!!! I have had regular breakouts since I was a teenager and at aged 42 I had finally had enough of the itchy lumps and bumps. Sometimes these spots would come to a head, other times, just linger for weeks. My face look dirty and dull and often felt sore either before I squeezed a spot or after. I was prescribed Epiduo by my GP in Australia and although I did have some initial redness, soreness and peeling, my skin quickly adjusted and now for the first time since I was 10 years old my skin is clear, everyday, all year round. No breakouts, I just wish I'd given it a try years ago"

AngloAustralian (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 9, 2015

For Acne "Dried skin out at first but persevere as skin gets used to it. Have to use every night or will get a spot but went from having cystic acne to maybe one spot that time of the month! Brilliant product and doesn't mess with your body like the pill. Will never stop using! Great stuff."

siojenjen August 7, 2015

For Acne "I was prescribed epiduo about 3 months ago. All it has done is make my face 10000 times worse. I understand that it was a reaction the first two months, but now it is out of control. I went to my demertorolgist and the prescribed me a pill to take with it. Both have failed miserably."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2015

For Acne "If you're a person who normally has sensitive or dry skin, then I highly reccomend NOT using this. I was recommended Epiduo Gel by my GP to treat acne. 3 days after using it my face became very dry and it got worse even after I stopped using it. It started to sting and burn a lot and when I'd apply my normal moisturiser the stinging I experienced was so severe, especially around my eyes and my skin became very red. Any product that really dries out the skin is very bad, because it makes skin age quickly and causes wrinkles. My experience with Epiduo was bad but reading other people's reviews, most say it worked for them aside from the dryness and redness of their skin."

Jade1992 August 4, 2015

For Acne "I rarely ever write reviews, but I felt compelled to share my experience because Acne has been a very traumatic part of my life. I have ALWAYS struggled with Acne. I got it when I turned 13 and it was pretty sever during my teen years. It subsided during late-teens and early 20s, but it made a comeback just recently now that I am 25. When enough was enough, I went to my doc and he prescribed me this. If I could marry this product, I would (lol!). It worked instantaneously on my skin. I barely had a "purge". My skin literally cleared up within a few days. It was red/dark and really dry for the first week, but after 5 days of using it.. i kid you not, all of my acne disappeared!!"

AlwayshadAcne August 4, 2015

For Acne "Background on my skin: combination skin type, had acne since I hit puberty (I am now 17), mild acne but always scarred I started Epiduo & took the solodyn pill after I visited my dermatologist after spring break (end of March) . I read reviews that it took a while to start working so I waited and waited for my skin to finally clear up. It is now the end of July and my skin has never been clearer! Although it did take a lot longer than many people have said it took them, it is so worth it. I also think my problem was that during the school year I would take a shower then put epiduo on before I went to bed, while my hair was still wet, so when I feel asleep it may have washed some of the epiduo off. All in all I am very happy now though!!!"

Sidney1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2015

For Acne "I'll start with some background about my acne: I had absolutely flawless skin in high school and when I got to college, about sophomore year, I began breaking out. For the past year I have consistently had cystic acne, black heads, white heads, and extremely flaky skin. I finally broke down and went to my GP who prescribed me doxycycline, clindamycin gel, and epiduo. I only very recently started this regimen, but I am seeing results. The epiduo does burn and dry out my skin, which is why I SPOT apply it every other day. It sounds like some people apply it to their entire face, which I do not recommend unless absolutely necessary. Also, I paid around $20 w/ TriCare Standard (military) insurance. All in all, great product."

Anonymous July 26, 2015

For Acne "I've been on epiduo for about 5 weeks now and my skin had been all over the place. After about 1 week my face started to get better and after another week it got worse again. After the two weeks my face has continued to get worse. I've heard you should give It 6-8 weeks to start working so I'm still hanging in there. Anyone going through this stage, your not alone. Good luck to all epiduo users."

emilysimb28 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2015

For Acne "I got epiduo the summer of 7th grade bc my acne was horrible and nothing seemed to clear it up. I went to the dermatologist and he gave me epiduo and a facial wash. by the time summer was over, I had very clear skin. although it took a while to kick in, as long as you are consistent with it every night you will see results. I also had to use a night cream bc it made my face dry. but I just used an over the counter one and it worked just fine."

loved it (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 21, 2015

For Acne "I started using Epiduo about 2 weeks ago and it really helped flatten the bumps and pimples on my forehead. The only thing is is dried out my skin and it burned so I would recommend spot treatment."

User2 (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2015

For Acne "I LOVE EPIDUO!!! I have had really bad acne on my forehead since seventh grade and i got epiduo the summer before my freshman year. I tried everything the drugstore had from Clean and Clear, Neutrogena, and Yes to Tomatoes but they all just dried out my skin and in some cases made it worse. The first week of using epiduo, i noticed my really bad breakouts reduced in redness and size. Im still using it a year later and whenever i have a new pimple or really bad breakout, i put it on once a night and its almost completely gone a week later. The great thing is that it last you a long time since you really arent supposed to use that much at one time. I would definitely recommend asking your dermatologist about it."

lovelovelove19 July 16, 2015

For Acne "My dermatologist prescribed me epiduo because my other acne medicine wasn't doing a very good job like epiduo is doing now but when I started using it, it has worked well on my skin. I still have a few pimples here and there especially on my forehead but epiduo has made it less noticeable and smaller every time I use it. But the negative thing is that once I started using it my skin became very sensitive and dry and left white patches everywhere on my skin where I had used the cream"

alichax12 July 15, 2015

For Acne "I started having really bad breakouts and my dermatologist prescribed me Epiduo. After the first 2 days of using it all the bumps on my face had flattened and began healing. I guess I'm just waiting to see how it will do with scarring. The epiduo didn't begin to dry my skin until the 6th day and its normal and nothing too much. I think this is going to work well seeing as I have had positive changes within 1 week. The bad thing is epiduo is very expensive if your insurance won't cover it. Even with the discount card from the doctor the total was $350 , so I'm using the sample tubes they gave me to hold out until I can buy it"

NiqueNique108 July 13, 2015

For Acne "I had moderate acne and got put on epiduo and lymecycline anti-biotics. It has been 13 weeks and my acne is a lot better than it was at the start, but I still get pimples and have a lot of scarring and hyper pigmentation which will take time to fade. For the first 5 weeks my skin got a lot worse and I had more acne than when I first started the treatment. Gradually between 9 and 12 weeks my breakouts were becoming less often and overall I would recommend Epiduo if you can stick out the initial 5-6 weeks which are difficult."

Michael980 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2015

For Acne "My twin sister was prescribed epiduo over a year ago and it helped her acne so much, and although it's not recommended, I too used her prescription when I broke out. -We're twins, same face and same acne- and every time I used it for my random spurs of acne, it helped immediately. I even broke out bad on my chest and it wiped it out completely in a couple weeks. Now it's a year later and I have really bad forehead acne, so I just bought some epiduo today. No doubt I have hope it will work. This stuff is amazing."

epiduha July 10, 2015