Medication Guide App

7.9
Summary of Epiduo reviews 201 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Epiduo

Review by Heather ML (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I cannot tell you how pleased I am to have found epiduo. I had horrible acne all throughout middle school then I finally cleared it up by high school. I was happy with my skin for about a year...then I got on birth control which broke me out horribly. My acne was just as bad as it was in middle school, except now I was 18 years old. I went back to the dermatologist and tried everything. Nothing worked. I finally switched dermatologists and they immediately put me on epiduo. Within two months my face has cleared except for the occassional one or two pimples around my period. I've never been happier. Dried my face out a little at first, but all acne medications do. It's well worth it - a life saver.

April 28, 2015 9:55 PM

Review by AbbyUSA:

For Acne: I started using Epiduo at the end of January and it is now the end of April and my skin has improved so much! I suffered from a lot of clogged pores and black heads that would turn into the pimples with the gross pus. It was severe or anything like that, but having clogged pores on my cheeks was just a nightmare and makeup always made them look obvious. My skin now has only 2-3 black heads that are going away on their own. My skin never purged all at once where my skin looked worse. It was really gradual. The clogged pores went away or they sometimes came up, but never all at once so totally manageable.My advice with this stuff is to 1. Give it time. You definitely need to give it 3 months to do its thing and 2. moisturize!

April 27, 2015 12:45 PM

Review by KalpanaH:

For Acne: hi all I would like to share my experience I have had acne a long time. I tried all products and acne treatments. Then when my friend suggest me about epiduo gel saying it works wonders. when I started using it first week it become hell my face become red skin, peeling and dry. But I pausee for 5 days and used misturiser oilfree. Afetr that I started using again epiduo every alternative day it work amazing. I Usually don't write review but want to help all acne suffers and tell them that this medicine helped a lot and I'm so happy my skin looks so good no break out nothing, but yes you need to chose a good moisturing cream. Also very important drink lots of water and don't be disappointed bcoz when u will start epiduo gel it will really breakout the first week. At that time just pause two to three days and start using the moisturiser

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2015 10:04 AM

Review by Natalie :&3&281':

For Acne: I am on epiduo and my skin is very dry and irritated but, the acne is ALL gone!! When my Doctor prescribed me to this she have me a sample package that provided me with a gentle soap cleanser called cetaphil and along with the epiduo samples. To calm down the dryness I would steam my face often and that helped for about 20 miniutes after that my skin would irritate me and burn. The dryness mostly happened around the nose area and chin and a little bit around the cheek bones. I think this product does wonders and really improves your acne scars and marks. HIGHLY RECOMENDED :)

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2015 9:58 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: This medicine works very well and I'm seeing improvements after just a few days. However, it burns your face and hurts like hell.

April 23, 2015 9:03 PM

Review by sffssd (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Acne: Been on Epiduo for about a year. Maybe a bit less. 11 months or so. Use it in conjuction with Doxy pills.Ever since I was about 13/14 I have had moderate acne. Mainly whiteheads. Bad enough to notice but not bad enough to take up too much time as a teen. Didn't go away by the time I was 21 so decided to go see the doc. First week of Epiduo- No difference at all. Second-fourth week- Breakout central. Avoided looking in the mirror at all and got through the days telling myself it would get better. From there it has gotten much better. Still get a few but this would have gone down maybe 70% from what it was. Don't recommend it for those with dry skin though. When I started it was oily and now I have to use moisturizer every day for dry skin

April 23, 2015 10:30 AM

Review by joeytee:

For Acne: I used to have huge acnes appear on my forehead every 1-2 weeks, and I heal really slow so it sort of adds onto the scarring and disrupts the healing process. My dermatologist prescribed Epiduo and I have been using it every night for 2 months now and my skin has never been better, no acnes AT ALL! Like most of the people, when I first started using it my skin turned really dry and it burned slightly for the first 3-4 days. I'd stop for a day if it gets worse then resume the next day. But after your skin gets used to it it should be fine after. This certainly did wonders for me!

April 16, 2015 1:01 PM

Review by Alexaa__ (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: So I'm 16, a teenager with acne, as usual. I used this product from my dermatologist and I have to say I love it! I didn't get any peeling or redness or pain at all. I really noticed a difference after the first day. It smoothed my skin and took away some scars. I love this product and would definitely recommend it for other teenagers like me dealing with acne.

April 15, 2015 4:47 PM

Review by DarcyDarling:

For Acne: My dermatologist prescribed me Epiduo and it's been OK. My face has cleared up 40% of the way but it BURNS! I will stop using the product for a little while until the dryness and rawness clears and then continue about every other day.

April 6, 2015 8:47 PM

Review by Aflow (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I've had epiduo for around 3 days already and only by using it once a night I have already seen significant changes in my acne. Before I got this I tryed so many different face washes and this is the only one that had a positive reaction

April 6, 2015 8:32 AM

Review by Hannahelzabth:

For Acne: I've been using this cream alongside the pill (dianette) for about 4 months now. My god it's amazing! My face had moderate acne before, and quite noticeable and very red. Now, my skin is so great that I actually prefer my face without makeup and I was always a thick foundation kind of person. Can't recommend it enough!

April 5, 2015 4:47 PM

Review by A.B.:

For Acne: My dermatologist gave me some samples of Epiduo and I tried it. Now, of course I know the saying, "it gets worse before it gets better." However, in my case it got much much worse, alot worse than I ever had. Bad enough where it greatly effected my self esteem. About two weeks into it, I had to stop because my face was burning really bad and it looked worse than ever. So, I stopped taking it because it was the type of acne that would leave scars so I stopped and used the other sample he gave me, which is Tazorac gel 0.1. Since I've been using that, it has cleared up my skin very well. Still have improvements to go but I like what results I'm seeing now. So, Epiduo didn't work for me but I guess it does for some people.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 31, 2015 9:28 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I am a female in her mid 20s. I've always had random breakouts due to hormonal changes and stress. Recently, my acne seemed to be getting out of hand and none of the at home treatments I was using helped. I have been using Epiduo for a little over 3 weeks now and I think my skin is just now getting used to it. At first, it really irritated my skin and caused it to burn, become red, and look swollen. I have no experienced any peeling like most other people have. I have to experiment with it a little bit, though. I just apply it to my forehead and chin, then bring the excess onto my nose. I use Cetaphil daily moisturizer for dry skin on top of the Epiduo. For the past week, my skin has been exceptionally clear and not nearly as irritated.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2015 10:04 AM

Review by Ana3789:

For Acne: I have been using Epiduo every night for 3 weeks now and I can honestly say it has done wonders! I had terrible breakouts on my forehead and jaw line but this product has taken care of it and all I have now are red marks that will hopefully go away soon! There was a point where I broke out more but it seemed to be from my foundation so I would still recommend this!

March 21, 2015 4:59 PM

Review by Keps:

For Acne: I've only been using Epiduo for a few days and I don't know how I'll ever go without it. I use it twice a day and it is working wonders on my acne. Some people have mentioned that it dries out their skin and makes it flaky. I have not experienced this whatsoever because I have very oily skin.

March 21, 2015 8:34 AM

Review by puppyhead (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I have been Epiduo for about a month now and I have to say it is the most gentle acne med I have ever been on. I was expecting the horror stories of flaking and dry skin that I have read about and I have had zero irritation since using it. Overall, it seems to work well but I don't think it can tackle my severe nodular cystic acne so I think I will have to go back on Accutane sadly. Please don't let people scare you away from trying this med though, if I didn't have these huge cysts I would rate this a 10 but as most people know, topical can do little for cystic acne which is not this meds fault. Overall, my skin is super smooth and I would highly suggest this medication.

March 20, 2015 10:13 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: My skin had a very nasty breakout after almost 10 years of no acne whatsoever (I'm 34 now). I have oily/combination skin and went on antibiotics/adapalene/topical solutions but nothing really helped. Finally, my dermatologist suggested that I try Epiduo as a night treatment (along with my daily moisturizer, Avene Cleanance Expert - another miracle product). Honestly, it only got worse before it started getting better. My skin got almost burned, it peeled badly and was really irritated. Somehow, very slowly and gradually it started clearing up. Now, after using Epiduo every other night for the last 3 months, my skin has almost minimal breakouts, looks and feels smoother and I'm on my way to reclaiming my lost clear skin and self-esteem.

March 20, 2015 5:53 AM

Epiduo is great. People say they are getting rashes because of Epiduo but they are wrong. You just have to use it in dime sized portions, it clears my skin really well.

March 5, 2015 11:44 AM

Review by Laj1995 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I recently just started using this product because my face was really breaking out with large pimples and I can tell you all from life experience that it works!!! My face has already cleared up after a week and eventhough my face is peeling bad, I still rate the product almost a 10.

February 19, 2015 11:58 PM

Review by thomasee91 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Acne: I've been using Epiduo for about 8 months now and just like you, I was constantly scrolling through websites to see if this stuff really works. Let me tell you that it does.. When I first started using it, I had at least 5 spots a day and my skin also had lots of small bumps underneath it which you couldn't really see in certain lights, but none the less, it didn't give my skin a great look. So during the first few weeks of Epiduo, you will most probably break out, a lot. I did, and yes it is disheartening but the results are so worth it. My skin is now near perfect and although I sometime do get the odd spot, I am no longer self conscious about my skin, which I definitely was before! Please stick with it, you will not regret it!

February 18, 2015 3:11 PM

Review by Shannon!:

For Acne: I'm going to tell you right now, this was a SLOW process. It took 4 months for me to start seeing improvement, and my skin did get worse before it got better. I am now almost at the end of month five and I can honestly say I haven't been this happy in over a year. My horrible cystic acne that covered my entire face (forehead, cheeks, chin, jawline) is about 85-90% better and I actually feel like I have skin again. My acne was always very stubborn and consistent, but it would always get even worse the week before my period... this month all I got was one teeny tiny zit on my chin. I couldn't believe it! My skin continues to keep getting clearer! I know months seems like eternity when you have awful skin but stick with this product!!!

February 16, 2015 9:43 PM

Review by Hmala (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: Epiduo saved my face. I've only been using it a few weeks and my skin has never looked better! Not harsh at all!! Especially compared to Retin-a. Can wear under make up and other products. It's a miracle in a bottle.

February 14, 2015 9:27 AM

Review by Elii:

For Acne: I recommend Epiduo for people with oily skin. For the most part, Epiduo is a very HARSH treatment that dries out and irritates the skin. It didn't really help my acne but it might've if I had oily skin.

February 10, 2015 10:34 PM

Review by Bb2361:

For Acne: Epiduo along with pill form medication worked so well for me. Made my skins extra dry and sensitive to lotion but with one month my skin was smooth. I still have the scars but it's nothig a little concealer can't cover.

January 27, 2015 3:35 PM

Review by Jazzpv:

For Acne: I have been on Epiduo for about 3 weeks and it seems like every time I apply the gel I turn red and breakout more. Then it's accompanied by dry flaky skin. I think I'm going to stop the use of the Epiduo gel.

January 27, 2015 10:02 AM