User Reviews for Epiduo

7.8
Summary of Epiduo reviews 175 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Epiduo

Review by Bb2361:

For Acne: Epiduo along with pill form medication worked so well for me. Made my skins extra dry and sensitive to lotion but with one month my skin was smooth. I still have the scars but it's nothig a little concealer can't cover.

January 27, 2015 3:35 PM

Review by Jazzpv:

For Acne: I have been on Epiduo for about 3 weeks and it seems like every time I apply the gel I turn red and breakout more. Then it's accompanied by dry flaky skin. I think I'm going to stop the use of the Epiduo gel.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 27, 2015 10:02 AM

Review by mayj777 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Acne: I love Epiduo. I've been using this acne medication for 3 years now and have flawless skin. It does make your face dry and flakey when you start using it and it does take about 6 or more months to completely clear your face up so be patient. Always remember to wear sunscreen when using this product.

January 21, 2015 7:47 PM

Review by Joe whatever:

For Acne: I've been applying this every night before bed, and went through the process of having my skin flake off everywhere, and now I don't have dryness from it but I have to say it's been like 5 months and I still have acne. Looks the same as before.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 15, 2015 1:31 AM

Review by Anne B.:

For Acne: I've been using Epiduo (as prescribed by my dermatologist) for couple of months and it's the only product I've tried that really cleared my acne. Be careful on applying thick layer because it might cause redness and skin will also peel. Just keep using it and you'll see the great effect for couple of weeks.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2015 11:05 AM

Review by Ashleye1987 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I have literally tried everything, aside from Accutane. My doctor gave me a prescription of Spironolactone along with some Epiduo. The spironolactone made me feel weird, and I almost passed out. I gave up on that quickly and began using the samples. I called my doctor to let him know that the Epiduo was working! For the first time in as long as I can remember, I was waking up with NO new zits. After a month of using Epiduo I am 75% clear and even my scars are fading faster. This has been the biggest blessing for me!

January 13, 2015 2:55 AM

Review by Rebecca_18:

For Acne: I have had acne since I was 11 and I'm 18 now. I tried everything, including Proactive and Acutane. Nothing seemed to work and even when my acne got better I still had post acne red marks. I started Epiduo about 2 weeks ago and already have seen amazing results. No new acne has come in and I've coupled it with a Neutrogena alcohol free toner to tackle the red marks. My skin looks better everyday even though the marks aren't completely gone yet. My skin has not been dry but I still use Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Lotion every night to keep it moisturized.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2015 6:09 PM

Review by Robin01:

For Acne: My son has used this for about a month. It's possible he was using too much of it but his face is extremely dry and scaly feeling and also burns. He used it in his chest as well and you can actually see that the skin is burned and raw. We will discontinue use until these symptoms clear and then may go back to just a few days a week

January 6, 2015 9:00 PM

Review by mostloved:

For Acne: I've been using Epiduo for a month now, see some results but the dryness and redness is bad.

January 5, 2015 3:34 AM

Review by sans0 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Acne: I've suffered from acne for 8 years now and went through all sorts of phases. Now I'm 20 yrs old and it's all down on the chin area with deep, painful cysts everywhere. Unfortunately Epiduo (or any topical cream actually) is not good for that kind of stuff. If you're a teenager, this may yield more likely results. I had an extremely oily face as a teen so I didn't even experience the red/dry/flaky skin that most do. Sadly it stopped being effective about 6 months in so eventually I quit. Recently I've tried it again but now it gives me persistent painful red/dry/flaky skin and not much positive results. It may be better for other people.

December 31, 2014 1:34 AM

Review by Hem__:

For Acne: Epiduo has saved my skin! I've been dealing with acne since late elementary school (I am now finishing high school). I've tried every product on the market. Finally my dermatologist gave me Epiduo and I noticed a difference within a week! I didn't get the side effects of dry skin but I did notice it irritated my skin a bit, I quickly got used to it. Now about 3 months later my skin is clear! I still get the occasional pimples brought on by teenage hormones but other than that, I'm completely happy with my skin! Thanks Epiduo!

December 18, 2014 9:27 PM

Review by Alexrobinson_12:

For Acne: I'm so thankful for Epiduo! It works wonders! Yes, there is the downfall of dry flaky skin but that can be cured with Cetaphil oil control moisturizer. Other than that my face feels and looks amazing!

December 12, 2014 3:15 AM

Review by your typical acne suffer (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Acne: I've been on Epiduo for many months in the past but stopped using it once my face got relatively clear. I've had acne for around 8 years and tried all the common treatments for acne so needless to say I already tried benzoyl peroxide. So from experience I know it DOES help improve acne but as for how much, it may depend. The first time worked nicely for me but after several months of use it no longer worked on the small pimples and bumps on my forehead so I stopped using it. Applying more or less didn't work either. However, due to recent circumstances I broke out pretty badly on the chin so I've tried using it once more. Sadly, after 2 months the only thing it does is painfully dry out my skin and cause a semi-permanent redness to my face.

December 10, 2014 10:11 AM

Review by ronnniee:

For Acne: My dermatologist gave me Epiduo with some antibiotics and a cleanser. I was told to apply it every night before I go to bed. My skin did become red, flaky and irritated but after 1 month of using it non-stop my skin started to clear up. Thanks Epiduo.

December 3, 2014 11:56 AM

Review by Emilyy7201:

For Acne: I was prescribed Epiduo and a tablet (doxycycline), together they work great. I've been on them for about 2 weeks and in a few days saw a difference. Although another few days later it's seemed to come back. I've suffered from acne for years and just want it gone, no regimes or counter creams work. I'm not giving up on Epiduo yet, I have heard great reviews. Most people's acne will clear up in about a month on Epiduo. My skin has peeled a bit but nothing too major, just ease onto the cream and it should be alright.

December 3, 2014 5:01 AM

Review by Michael Gordon (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: Epiduo works GREAT. I had terrible acne, I HATED it. Epiduo has worked wonders, even though it's not completely gone yet, it has helped so much and I'm so happy.

December 1, 2014 11:04 PM

Review by Steph4321 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: Epiduo has been a miracle for me! I have tried EVERYTHING with little to no success until now. No drying, no tightness, no burning, just results. Everyone's skin is different & reacts to products differently, you won't know if it will work for you unless you try it. Personally very happy

November 25, 2014 12:22 AM

Review by Lbleeky (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I've been using Epiduo for a couple of months now it's cleared my skin completely I couldn't be happier! In the first week I had red spotting on my face and tingling when applied but whatever you do, don't over do it, use a pea size and use it on only the effected areas! People that write negative comments about the burning and the irritation, read the instructions it does inform you that they are common side effects! It strips your skin (due to the dry skin and flaking) and as for the people that are breaking out on it don't loose hope, gels like Epiduo will bring up the bad stuff only to make it better. As for the people asking if it bleaches just make sure it's massaged in and dry because you go putting your head on your pillow.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2014 12:28 AM

Review by Katesouthwell:

For Acne: Epiduo is the best solution I've ever come across for my acne. I am 30 and have battled with spots all my life. I was on antibiotics for 3 years as a teenager which made me very unwell and I believe caused lasting gastrointestinal side effects. This cream is amazing and should be tried first...combined with the pill Yasmin. I very, very rarely get any spots now and the scarring from previous spots is healing more and more. Would definitely recommend.

November 11, 2014 6:42 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I saw results with this product within three days! I had really bad acne on my chin and forehead and it is already almost cleared up and its only been about a month. I didnt get any redness, however after I apply it at night it burns a little bit. Nothing too extreme. It also makes my skin on my chin flakey, but not on my forehead. I would not recommend stopping use of this product if you just have a mild burning sensation afterwards, because it really does work. I am so happy that I found this cream and a little really does go a long way. I only use a pea sized amount on my entire face and the tube it comes in lasts a little over a month.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 11, 2014 4:29 AM

Review by lebxnon (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I usually suffer from very bad acne and have tried strong medications including a zineryt zinc roll on my face which gradually lost it's effectiveness however this medication is super effective. Could visually see the improvement in about 4/5 days. The thing that stops me from giving it a 10 is the dryness it causes it's changed the sensation in some parts of my face. Other than that it's fab.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 1, 2014 2:21 PM

Review by Mugler (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I had bad acne in the last few years and went to see the doctor so he gave me EPIDUO,just the first start I notice a difference though...it worked wonder until now,truly said,you have to follow what the doctor will tell you to see the result but not everything works for other(French speaker)hope this will help someone!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2014 5:35 PM

Review by DTown313 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I have been using Epiduo for about 4 months now and I have seen major improvements. My facial recipe consists of Cetaphil, Neutrogena Sunscreen, and Epiduo. I use this combination once in the morning and once at night. It has really helped me a lot I could cry. I have been suffering from acne for 10 years and have finally found my solution. Now my dermatologist did prescribe me doxycycline to expedite the clearing of my skin but has taken me off.

October 15, 2014 10:09 AM

Review by Rhodavvv:

For Acne: I have moderate acne, cysts blackheads white heads on cheeks and chin. Applied nightly to face for 6 weeks, no improvement noticed. Got the purging period I think, but it never got any better. Am taking anti-biotics now hopefully those help instead

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 10, 2014 6:26 PM

Review by tadam100:

For Acne: This stuff is amazing! At first I had my doubts because in the first week my face became red, sore, dry and flaky. However, that is something that you have to put up with for a week or two. My skin is almost completely clear and I am up to about month 4 of using the gel. My advice is do not give up on the gel, keep using it and you will see improvements!

October 9, 2014 6:47 AM