User Reviews for Epiduo

Learn more about Epiduo.

Epiduo review summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 450 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Epiduo to treat Acne

Review by Mugler (taken for less than 1 month):

I had bad acne in the last few years and went to see the doctor so he gave me EPIDUO,just the first start I notice a difference though...it worked wonder until now,truly said,you have to follow what the doctor will tell you to see the result but not everything works for other(French speaker)hope this will help someone!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2014 5:35 PM

Review by DTown313 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been using Epiduo for about 4 months now and I have seen major improvements. My facial recipe consists of Cetaphil, Neutrogena Sunscreen, and Epiduo. I use this combination once in the morning and once at night. It has really helped me a lot I could cry. I have been suffering from acne for 10 years and have finally found my solution. Now my dermatologist did prescribe me doxycycline to expedite the clearing of my skin but has taken me off.

October 15, 2014 10:09 AM

Review by Rhodavvv:

I have moderate acne, cysts blackheads white heads on cheeks and chin. Applied nightly to face for 6 weeks, no improvement noticed. Got the purging period I think, but it never got any better. Am taking anti-biotics now hopefully those help instead

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 10, 2014 6:26 PM

Review by tadam100:

This stuff is amazing! At first I had my doubts because in the first week my face became red, sore, dry and flaky. However, that is something that you have to put up with for a week or two. My skin is almost completely clear and I am up to about month 4 of using the gel. My advice is do not give up on the gel, keep using it and you will see improvements!

October 9, 2014 6:47 AM

Review by gotclearskin (taken for less than 1 month):

I've had acne for 10 years and this is the only thing that has worked. I've been on a few other prescription medications and they didn't have the same results. My skin does get dry but I just use a non-comodegenic moisturizer (Cetaphil) and it helps immensely. My skin is clear and it feels smooth. Don't let the other reviews about redness and irritation scare you off. You should just reduce your usage to every other day instead of every day and it still works. Also the claims that it causes more acne is unlikely since it has TWO acne-killing medicines in it. If you use it correctly and how it best fits your needs, I promise you won't be let down.

October 8, 2014 3:23 PM

Review by Lumen00 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I'm 32 and have had acne since I was 13. I've tried just about every cream and pill except Accutane, and Epiduo has worked the best for my skin, which is very oily. I had mild acne scarring with frequent breakouts and this has gotten me about 90% clear of breakouts and I've seen some improvement with the scarring. I still get a pimple a couple of times a month but they're small and only last a couple of days. It did burn when I applied it around my mouth and on my chin for the first month though. I applied a really thin layer and would just rise it off after 20-30 mins. If the burning didn't ease up. Also, it took about 3 months to see real improvement. For someone looking to avoid the side effects of the pills, I would highly recommend this.

October 6, 2014 2:40 AM

Review by Jazzy jay:

I had really bad acne for years, and finally my doctor told me to try out Epiduo, and it worked! But like all great things it took some time, I started using it when I was about 19 and its cut back on my scarring and everything but I also used it with Birth Control because my breakouts are hormonal! So with the help of birth control and Epiduo my skin is the dream team. Without my birth control though Epiduo works Good but with it, it works AMAZING! It's all about finding that combination with your skin. Hope this helps. And just be patient because it takes a little time but totally worth it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 1, 2014 7:26 PM

Review by Colin S.:

I Had Extreme Acne, Pimples, Dark Spots, And Red face, oily as well. I was prescribed EpiDuo by my doctor, and I saw results in about 1 week, pretty much almost all of my face clearing up. Then a couple days ago, when I applied it, my face burned horribly, I thought it was my cleanser, but it wasn't. EpiDuo makes your skin dry and burn, but only for a little bit, still a good acne cream!

September 30, 2014 10:15 PM

Review by i5abella:

I was prescribed this cream by my dermatologist years ago and have been using it ever since. I suffer on and off from large, cyst-like pimples on my chin that haven't surfaced from the skin, and Epiduo clears them before they even have a chance to surface! It's also great for the occasional pimple. I notice results in as little as 1-2 days. My only problem is makeup application; as others have said, it can dry out and flake the skin. However, a little cream goes a long way and I would strongly suggest not to lather a large amount of the product on your face.

September 17, 2014 8:51 AM

Review by jcl22 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have an oily face and bad acne usually around once a month. I started applying Epiduo every night, and saw results immediately. My face was clear and non-oily. Then within a couple days, my face became over dry and it hurt and burned to put it on at night. It was miserable but only lasted the 1st week. My face then returned to it's normal oily level, but while also having the roughness of dry skin and peely skin in some spots. My face was also extremely red and sensitive, and my acne was much worse. After about 1 month, I decided to stop using it every night and only apply it on acne when needed and it is so much better this way. Face is no longer overly sensitive and red. Side note, this does bleach towels/pillowcases/etc.

September 15, 2014 4:35 PM

Review by SydneyGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I've used this product for about 1-2months and it is incredible. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome so acne is a problem. Deep, sore, under the skin pimples would flare up and be so painful - no amount of expensive face wash would help. After Epiduo I haven't had a single under the skin pimple! It's clearing out blackheads, too. You need to be really careful using it though. Use too much and your skin will be peeling for days on end. Use only a tiny bit on problem areas and ease yourself onto it. This is a great product that has really helped. My skin is loving it.

September 12, 2014 1:34 AM

Review by epilover (taken for less than 1 month):

I used Epiduo for three days and saw major results so I continued. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and I have no problems and no side effects. I wash my face with sulfacleanse and then use the Epiduo at night. Its amazing what its done for me.

September 11, 2014 10:00 PM

I do not have sensitive skin. The first time I tried using this product, it drys up my face causing redness and flaky. Now it's hurts so much I have to discontinue this product. My face is so dry and red now.

September 10, 2014 12:22 PM

Review by lala03 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

It helped at first but stopped after one month. It may be better for teens.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 10, 2014 10:46 AM

Review by Shaye!:

I used Epiduo for about 3 weeks, the reason why I started using it is because I had small little dots on the sides of my face. The first couple of days my face felt like it was burning and it went so red. It caused so much acne on my face! Now I have a lot of big pimples on my face which scar. I have used a few acne creams but this one has been the worst by far.

September 6, 2014 9:26 AM

Review by Rach94:

I've been using this for about a week but so far my skin seems to be peeling off and burning. However, it is calming down my acne and hopefully these side effects will go the more I use it. I am entitled to it free because I live in the UK.

August 27, 2014 6:49 PM

Review by Ej99 (taken for less than 1 month):

Amazing! Had bad spots for years finally went to the docs and got this. Within a week most of my spots have gone and my skin looks the best it has in years! Recommend this to everyone!

August 22, 2014 9:04 AM

Review by Mea1990:

Its funny to read how many get "burned and dry/ flaky skin". The first thing my doctor told me was, EASE into it! use a VERY light layer and ONLY at night - not in the morning as well. A pea sized amount is enough. Put it on your finger and dot it around your face and then massage them out. He also told me that if it starts to burn/hurt, STOP using it for a few days. You should NEVER EVER keep using it when your face is in pain, obviously. Plus you need a very good, heavy moisturiser. This stuff is made from peroxide and retinoid, so it will sting a little the first times you use it, but if you use common sense it will go away within weeks. I feel bad that people use it the wrong way and then blame the product. Works great for me

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 22, 2014 8:00 AM

Review by AcneSucks:

I have been struggling with acne for 12 years, and have kept it under control after switching acne stuff every year once my skin get use to it. Now that I am 28 I am experiencing a different type of acne. They are little baby dots all over my forehead and I have oily skin. So I tried Epiduo a month ago. It broke me out the first couple of days and then it went back to the original state. It also broke me out around my jaw line which I didn't have this issue before. It cleared up a little bit around my eyebrows and stuff but not much. I am very disappointed and this is not the route for me. It didn't burn for me or dry me out except a dime size area below my lip ring. I am making an appointment to try something stronger.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 21, 2014 1:38 PM

Review by Griggles:

I am a 21 year old college student who has been suffering from mild-moderate acne since middle school. Now, I guess I'd consider myself having adult acne due to hormones. I have never been on any forms of birth control (mainly scared of possible weight gain). I have literally went to Pharmacies every few months tried something different for my acne. I would make a list and I am telling you just about EVERY brand, product, etc was on there. I was prescribed Epiduo at night and Aczone for the mornings. WOW WHAT AN AMAZING COMBINATION. I am clear of white heads and active zits and now am only battling with scarring. PLEASE give it a try. Took about a solid month to work. I didn't peel either.

August 19, 2014 8:04 PM

Review by Ejg7 (taken for less than 1 month):

I have had bad spots for a couple of years now, seemed to get worse the older I get but isn't quite acne. Went to the doctor was prescribed Epiduo. Have been using for 4 days now and I'd say my spots have reduced by around 50% already! I have really dry sensitive skin already so was a little worried about the reviews stating burning/redness. There is a slight tingly feeling but nothing unbearable and only had redness for the for the first 2 days. I've used loads of face washes and creams over the counter but nothing had ever worked so quickly and effective on my skin. So impressed with this and would definitely recommend for anyone feeling insecure about their skin like I was.

August 16, 2014 5:29 AM

Review by Epiduouser (taken for less than 1 month):

A couple days ago I was prescribed Epiduo, I didn't have really bad acne but I had just enough where I didn't like my face. I've been trying Epiduo for a couple days now and I have already seen improvements in my face.

August 12, 2014 12:20 PM

Review by Fallout101 (taken for less than 1 month):

I started using Epiduo and it was working perfectly. Then one day around my eyebrows started to hurt then the next day the skin was peeling. It wasn't sunburn for sure because there was no sunshine for days. I put the lotion on it and it stung. Three days later my skin is still peeling, it hurts when I touch it, and my acne is back.

August 8, 2014 2:59 PM

Review by Hannah gg:

Ok so my face is EXTREMELY OILY and everyone says it's really harsh on your face for the first week but it only was harsh for 1 day and now it does nothing not even dry my acne a little and I don't know why it works for everyone else. I hate my acne and it nothing ever works.

August 6, 2014 11:18 PM

Review by Isabel28 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I'm using Epiduo, and its already on my 3rd month. And it's not that effective. My pimples are still there. I also suggest use sunblock in the morning so that your face won't burn.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate