User Reviews for Epiduo

Learn more about Epiduo.

Epiduo Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 432 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Epiduo to treat Acne

"Epiduo is the only thing that has worked for me. I had pretty bad acne for two years in highschool. I tried lots of things (proactive) but finally After begging my mom finally purchased epiduo and it was a life saver. For the first month and a half it really dried out my skin and didn't seem to help much at all, but soon after that I saw a complete transformation in my skin. I no longer have acne like I used to, to this day. But even the weeks that I've eaten terribly and slept in my makeup all week (I know I need to stop this). My "acne" is only a few very small pimples that are hardly red. All my friends love it too! Highly recommend this"

Gracie72836 May 1, 2016

"I was prescribed this due to acne around my chin/ forehead and black heads on my nose as well as my cheeks. The first two days of applying this at night it was fine. On the third day I woke up to wash my face and noticed that my face was red and when I used my daily face wash it stung like crazy. After washing my face, I always use a facial moisturizer, and that even stung when I put it on! Later on in the day I noticed that my face was so flaky. I did not apply the following two days due to stinging and extreme dryness. I plan to use it again when my symptoms die down, but instead of using it every day.. I'll use it every other day instead. I think that this product is too harsh to use on your face every day."

Kimberly B (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

"Epiduo messed up my face!!!!! It caused skin sensitivity and now I have a sunburn all over my face which is not getting better!!!! I have skin discoloration too. It screwed up my face! There was no warning that said skin sensitivity!!!!!!"

Nessa27 April 27, 2016

"First day, my skin feels fine and normal. Second, day minor scaling of skin. Third day, my skin gets itchy, reddness, and scaling of skin becomes more noticeable. Fourth day, burns like crazy, my skin looks worse than it was before. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, it is hell. I am currently sensitive to sun and touch, and now I have more acne. Heres some advice if you have the side affects, use petroleum jelly, and wash your face every now and then. Right now I'm raging in pain, therefore I am not willing to continue using this product."

Aj D April 27, 2016

"I went on Epiduo at 20 years old, having acne since I was 17. My acne was moderate and occasionally moderately severe, my skin type normal/slightly sensitive. After day nr 2 of epiduo, I got an allergic reaction. My eyes swelled up, my whole face was rough and red and at one point I even had slight swelling in my throat. I went to the emergency room and was put under an IV drip of antihistamines or something. Call me crazy, but I didn't give up. After my face healed (i.e. was no longer dry as the desert and red), I started re-applying small amount every other day. Eventually working my way up to pea sized amounts per target area per night. It ALMOST cleared my acne up! I still have breakouts, but nothing what I used to three years ago."

bc731 April 27, 2016

"sad that I'm seeing so many negative reviews! I've been on this stuff about 5 years now and it's the only thing that helps my acne! I don't think I'll ever stop using epiduo. it's changed my life, I now have confidence I never had. people would always say "she's pretty but she has so much acne" to me in high school. everyone teased me. now my skin is clear and I love it! only rated a 9/10 because this doesn't help with scars. but it keeps the acne away so I'm not complaining!"

camillezzee April 26, 2016

"I'm in week 4 of using epiduo..and my skin looks terrible..it was fine in the first week but since then it has just gone worse..i dont know how long i will have to wait until it finally works.. :("

Jaunuarykid (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2016

"Worst cream ever, it literally burnt my face, I couldn't apply anything to my face for weeks because it was so painful, my skin became excessively flaky and sensitive I couldn't even wash it, because the skin was so sensitive. Waste of money"

AndyL2 (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2016

"Used consistently 1x a day for past 6 weeks. My skin has never looked worse. Epiduo cleared up the front of my cheeks and forehead very well (neither of which were ever really a problem though). The main reason I got Epiduo was the mild acne on my right side-cheek. After Epiduo this area has worsened significantly, and the left cheek has too. My skin stopped flaking after I started using moisturizer every day, but the redness just got worse. I now have small white bumps everywhere on both cheeks. I get flat pimples painful to touch and have 2-3 big whiteheads at any given time now (neither happened before). Summary: I got new acne; old acne never went away, it just changed into a worse form. I'll give it a few more weeks, but so far... :("

Sadpizzaface (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2016

"My experience with Epiduo has been nothing short of phenomenal. This year marks year 7 that I have been using this product. I would love to find the makers of Epiduo and truly thank them. It makes me emotional to the point of tears. This product has truly wiped away my SEVERE acne. I rate it a 9/10 only because it is not as effective at reducing acne scars."

Tatiana7 April 9, 2016

"I've been on this medication for 3 weeks and the only thing It's done is brought down the cystic acne and made my skin red and flaky and dry and idk what will help anymore I've been on every acne medication bar acutane"

Jimbobob April 8, 2016

"I was using epiduo for about four days then realized that my face began to burn like I was sticking my face into a fire. So I just ignored it the first day it began to burn and though that maybe it was the soap that I used to clean my face before I applied epiduo, so I used a different soap and applied the face cream and it began to burn even more than before. I then just decided to stop using epiduo and my face continued to burn two days later. I do not recommend for anyone. Horrible experience."

Unhappy user April 5, 2016

"I started using this product to treat mild adult acne. I wish I would have researched it first, as I developed a horrible cellulitis infection to the left side of my face after using this product for about a month. I had to take oral antibiotics for several days, and the pain associated with the cellulitis was horrid!!"

Ellie849DF April 4, 2016

"worst experience of my life, my skin has never been so irritated and itchy in my life, I would not recommend this to anyone"

123nsbvdbs March 25, 2016

"I've been using epiduo for 10 days today. I honestly have to say "IT WORKS!" I've had acne for as long as I can remember. It's started on my forehead and just started to work its way down my face. I had a combination of whiteheads, blackheads and dark spots EVERYWHERE! Now my forehead is clear and my cheeks are well on they're way. I'm experiencing the burning and itchy irritation as many others are. I think I'll keep using mine cause it cost so much and it actually works. It's like getting apart of your life you never really got to have. I wore less make up in the first 5 days. It sucks to use but it's worth having clear skin!"

Seshii (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2016

"Ive been on this product for about 6 months. Yes, the beguining is hard . You will get more pimples and your skin will burn and turn red but realize this will pass and the struggle is worth it. A couple weeks is worth it compared to years worth of bad acne. Do not wax your upper lip if you are applying epiduo there- very painful. Also, after applying, use a fan or roll down a car window so that the air dries your face fast so the irratation will go away quicker. I have no irratation of any sort anymore-just skin that gets better and better each day."

Joan866 March 10, 2016

"I've been in this drug for over 7 weeks now and I have seen no improvement. For the first two weeks or so it got better, then it got worse than how it was to start with. Since then I am to back to how I was to start off with, but if it's not better after three months I'm going back to my dermatologist."

Still Waiting March 7, 2016

"I had basically perfect skin until my freshman year of college. my doctor prescribed this to me and it worked for my acne on my chin the next day and basically clearly my forehead. The after using it once a day, my skin became dry and irritated. it was flaky and my skin broke out because of the dead skin on my face. It really doesn't work anymore and I keep trying it but now I realize it's too harsh for my skin and I should use something lighter. also any type of moisturizer on my face made it burn like hell."

stephhhh (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2016

"I hate this product. If you can live with your skin's current state DO NOT USE THIS. Many people experience a purge when using this, so their skin gets much worse before it gets better. This happened to me and there was no sign of improvement so I stopped using it and my skin improved greatly. The purge was not worth it at all for me because my skin was not to terrible when I started using the product, and after using epiduo made my skin worse I was left marks that still haven't faded two months after stopping epiduo. If a horrible purge is not worth it to you, do not mess with this stuff."

Thxhppy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2016

"I have been using epiduo for 3 months and even more I think. It is so bad - no joke it just peels my skin, burns my skin so much that I can't even sleep at night and I hate applying it because once I put it the burning begins and I usually put it at night. It makes my skin so red like a sunburnt!!! I'm not sure if I have to wait any longer to see results but in my opinion I have waited for quite some time and yet no results at all! First week I saw a big difference on my skin but that was all. Moisturiser just helps with the peeling. Do I recommend it? Yes and no. Yes because some skin types are different so just give it a try to see your luck. And no if your experience is like mine. I'm not saying to not use it just sharing my experience."

Xav February 29, 2016

"Awful. Doesn't work made all my skin dry and flakey I was so itchy after using it and my whole face turned bright red even water stung my face, my face is swollen and too sore to even touch, my face and back are itchy constantly all day, wouldn't bother using this product"

Lauren1111222355 February 28, 2016

"I am 15 years old and I was proscribed epiduo around October. I would have burning and redness so bad to were I could even sleep(putting a cold wet washcloth over your face will help) but after many days of not wanting to use it, I got the through it and my skin is flawless!"

Scout team February 25, 2016

"This is the first review i have ever written , But this product defiantly deserved a review! I am 27 years old and have struggled with acne since i was 14 ! i have tried EVERYTHING!! I was dubious about trying another topical cream especially after reading the reviews on this product and reading all the horror story's of it breaking people out more ect, But i can honestly say straight from the begging it worked!, It started to clear everything up and clear my skin from the first use! no burning ect like everyone had mentioned. I would suggest applying a moisturizer on top of the cream to prevent dryness and flaking. But please do not be put off by the reviews as i almost was!."

Jenna1988 February 24, 2016

"My skin was very clear almost perfect until my sophomore year of high school it started to progressively get worse. I tried so many different products to try to clear my skin and nothing was working. I just wasn't seeing results. I went to my doctor for a regular physical and she noticed all the tiny bumps on my forehead and blackheads around my nose and chin. She gave me some samples of Epiduo to try. I can't thank her enough because this is the only product that has worked for me and I couldn't be happier with the results."

Livi J February 22, 2016

"2 months ago I refused to be seen without makeup on infront of my family and friends in my OWN home, I was at a loss and had visited the doctors numerous occasions to try and sort it, I had been on everything from creams to antibiotics and EpiDuo was my last option then I'd be referred to a specialist. Initially I hated the stuff, it burned my face like really really bad sunburn and I was constantly red but I persisted, now 2 months later I walked through Birmingham Grand Central on a busy day with not a scratch of makeup on and felt completely comfortable with my skin! My friends asked if I had makeup on and were so shocked when I said no! I still have a few acne scars but they are dying down as the months go by, it's great"

IssyV (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2016