User Reviews for Percocet

Learn more about Percocet.

Pain 156 reviews 935 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 14 reviews 105 medications

8.7
Summary of Percocet reviews 170 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Percocet

For Pain "I find when I do take Percocet for my back problems they really help. Stop taking them when I'm not in pain was an issue also. For the withdrawal I would take a few tylenol #2 or #3. Really helped. After a week it was all good and not much withdrawal at all."

newfie by (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2015

For Pain "Took the pill every six hours for two weeks after shoulder surgery to deal with the immense pain. It worked! Then I stopped one day. Big mistake. The withdrawal took a week and I felt like going to the ER. No one told me to taper off. The pain became unbearable again especially after physical therapy and now I only take one an hour before PT. Bottom line, it works but is a narcotic so addiction CAN happen and withdrawal must be executed carefully."

DaveLaw (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2015

For Pain "Prescribed for pain of a large ulcer on my foot, 10/325 x6 a day, it definitely provided relief until I recovered (2 months). Tapering and stopping was crummy but somewhat relieved by clonidine, neurontin and a short course of ativan. A potent pain med tho, definitely works!"

Jazon (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2015

For Pain "Works great for me"

cat zz February 25, 2015

For Pain "I'm 19 years old, play college football, and this medication really gave me my life back after battling with severe groin pain (I'm a male) from a sports injury. There were times where my pain level exceeded a level 10, and Percocet brought it down to a 3-4, a level where I can function. My doctor said it's best to take this medication BEFORE your pain gets severe. It's called "catching up with your pain", and really makes a difference."

ChrisF1105 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 11, 2015

For Pain "This medication was a lifesaver after cancer surgery. I took one pill every six hours as needed 10/325. I was able to sleep, walk, and eat after surgery. I am not taking it anymore, my doctor gave me sixty. I have thirty left I will use those if I ever need them again."

Lucia1999 (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2014

For Chronic Pain "After taking Norco 10/325 for close to 8 months, I was switched to Percocet 10/325 and what a difference! I take 4 a day and I have my life back!! I was injured earlier this year and fractured my patella. Even Physical Therapy didn't help as much as it should, because I was left with osteoarthritis in my knee. I'm now able to do chores, go places and enjoy life again thanks to no pain! Thank you Percocet."

emsgirl24 (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2014

For Pain "Percocet was a life saver for me. I was on Vicodin prior, and they didn't help whatsoever. I had taken Vicodin for like, 5 years. I was at the point where I had to take like SIX Vicodin to get relief. People acted like I was a seeker but I'm definitely not, I just got a high tolerance because the dose was never changed. Percocet helps so much more! If I'm in 10/10 pain, I can take like one and a half or two - and it'll take it down to a 3-4/10. I have quite a few health issues, my main issue is a back injury from cheerleading and a bladder issue called interstitial cystitis. It's excruciating. Since changing to Percocet, I went from every month or two, being in the ER... to, no ER visits!"

Morgan Danielle. June 7, 2014

For Chronic Pain "I have many spine health issues and as a result, experience the joys of chronic back pain. This medicine works well for moderate pain for me. I did build up a tolerance for it pretty quickly, however, which is typical for any pain medicine. Bad side effects I experienced were debilitating nausea and hot flashes when it was taken on an empty stomach. Also, the all-over "itchies," when I first started taking the medicine. Both of these can be prevented by eating with the medicine and taking an antihistamine with it."

OLou (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 3, 2014

For Chronic Pain "Many back injuries, as child and adult. At 40, had fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, and more. On 8 Advil/day, much pain. Wonderful old doc said I'd blow kidneys on Advil, put me on Percocet 5/325 - it really helped. Later, other MDs put me on variety of antidepressants. They did NOT relieve pain (some aggravated it). Side effects were monstrous; so was withdrawal when I quit. I remain on my Perc. After 2 decades of careful use, I now take 10/325 dose, cut them in half and take as needed, average 3 pills/day. I can walk, function well and think straight. No side effects! BEST PAIN MED EVER. My heart breaks for people in severe pain. "

anonymous again April 15, 2014

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "I was recently put on percochet for back problems. I have periods of feeling bad but once I take 10/325 it really helps with the pain. Still havin issues with waking up in the middle of the night. I actually can live a normal life now without being in misery."

roxxyrobin (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2014

For Pain "Probably one of (if not the best) pain reliever on the market when used for acute pain. Or when coupled with a long lasting "around the clock" pain reliever it can be used for breakthrough pain."

sopranofan (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 23, 2014

For Pain "Given this for kidney stones. Takes away the pain helps you relax. I experience a little bit of nausea but not severe. "

Kidney boy February 25, 2014

For Chronic Pain "I am mid 40s male and had chronic back pain, spondylosis and degenerative disc disease for the last 5 years to where it became impossible to hardly move without being in pain. I am allergic to codeine so the doctors tried Vicodin. I saw nothing with Vicodin except tiredness. I was asked to try Percocet 5/325 in place of the Vicodin. Not only has it helped make the pain manageable I actually had the desire to get out of the house and do things that I have not been able to do before taking it. "

Tenn January 24, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "Doesn't control pain for long enough period of time. Decreases pain from 9 to 7 for 2 hours then pain starts to increase again. Also causes nausea and dry mouth."

TJCOLLINS (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 20, 2013

For Chronic Pain "My experience began when I was a child. I had very strange headaches, eventually diagnosed as "ice pick migraines" They had all the symptoms of the normal migraine you hear about, except, they were so painful, my feet would draw up, my eyes would roll back, and I went almost stiff from the pain....nothing helped. When I hit my thirties, I started having issues with my spine, my pancreas, and my kidneys. Percocet is the only therapy out there that keeps me from wanting to die. My blood is thinner, and I have issues as stated, with my pancreas and stomach, so I cannot take OTC drugs, they make me sick. Very sick. But, of course, no one believes that until they see what happens to me. Its kind of a living hell. I say if we can help, help."

Steven Causey (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 10, 2013

For Pain "I have really bad back pain and at such a young age I take Percocet 4 times a day and it allows me to sleep and work where as other medications just made my stomach upset. I would rate it a 9 for the relief it gives you I honestly felt like I could not function anymore I was in so much pain and now I enjoy walking I don't have to stop ever 10 minutes to catch my breath from my pain."

lovely77 October 30, 2013

For Pain "Great for short term pain relief as far as long term the withdrawal makes you wish you never started taking and could manage pain without it only if nessesary. Follow directions."

caravictoria253 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 24, 2013

For Pain "I have a total hip replacement and a fused ankle due to a motorcycle wreck. So far this medicine has helped. I give it around 8.5. The side effects I have had that it makes me sleepy but other than that it helps."

J.R.Serna sr. September 23, 2013

For Pain "I was given this for what was supposed to be Tempromandicular joint dysfuntion. It worked for four days. Until the pain became so great I went in crying & shaking. Turned out I had to get my tooth extracted & a bone graft. My filling had cracked and the nerve was exposed & dying. Increased me to 10 mg, not only was my mouth pain free after surgery; my two herniated disc & pinch nerves ; my back, neck & shoulder was almost pain free. I was able to do laundry and cook for my family. Best thing ever after 12 years of no relief. I take the smallest dose 5 mg with the option to take 2 if needed."

IGK-B September 18, 2013

For Chronic Pain "Percocet is indeed a wonder medicine for pain. I take up to 5 a day and still have some pain, but at least it is dulled to a point of making my life worthwhile. I am in late 70s and doctors have told me that back surgery at my age and my condition (Severe stenosis, herniated disc) is risky. I thought my later years would be enjoyable but back pain has made me lose interest in all the things that I looked forward to, travel, etc. It has placed a heavy burden on my wife to take care of me in my pain mode."

holmes8731 August 28, 2013

For Pain "I had menisectomy back in 2011, after 2 years I started having bad pain under my knee cap and my lateral side of my knee. Doctor prescribed me Norco 5mg it had little effect so he switched to Percocet 5mg, feels good to sleep at night."

Lcp mt (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2013

For Pain "My finger was partially amputated and reattached. Vicodin didn't help the pain but Percocet is excellent. I only take a small dose so the pain is not wholly gone, but I don't care once I've taken it. It has made this manageable and I sleep well, too."

adriana ina July 28, 2013

For Pain "I had my gall-bladder removed and was prescribed Percocet 10/325 for the pain. Wonderful. It helps me sleep and gets rid of the pain."

AllyBryantsmom June 23, 2013

For Pain "I was prescribed Percocet 5/325 for a displaced distal radius fracture. It was great at helping to manage the pain until I could have surgery to implant hardware to keep the fracture in place and dealt with post op pain well too. Vicodin was the MD's original choice but leaves me wired and sleepless. I've only used this for 4 weeks and am now down to just one tab at night. The primary side effects I've noticed now are some pretty extreme GI distress but have been told this is normal. All in all, this has been a very painful injury and I'm not sure just what I would have done without consistent pain relief. I do suggest using no more than necessary."

Lefty Lucy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2013