User Reviews for Percocet

Learn more about Percocet.

Chronic Pain 14 reviews 102 medications

9.1
Pain 151 reviews 913 medications

8.8
Summary of Percocet reviews 165 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Percocet

Review by Lucia1999 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: This medication was a lifesaver after cancer surgery. I took one pill every six hours as needed 10/325. I was able to sleep, walk, and eat after surgery. I am not taking it anymore, my doctor gave me sixty. I have thirty left I will use those if I ever need them again.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2014 12:36 PM

Review by emsgirl24 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chronic Pain: After taking Norco 10/325 for close to 8 months, I was switched to Percocet 10/325 and what a difference! I take 4 a day and I have my life back!! I was injured earlier this year and fractured my patella. Even Physical Therapy didn't help as much as it should, because I was left with osteoarthritis in my knee. I'm now able to do chores, go places and enjoy life again thanks to no pain! Thank you Percocet.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2014 7:58 PM

Review by Morgan Danielle.:

For Pain: Percocet was a life saver for me. I was on Vicodin prior, and they didn't help whatsoever. I had taken Vicodin for like, 5 years. I was at the point where I had to take like SIX Vicodin to get relief. People acted like I was a seeker but I'm definitely not, I just got a high tolerance because the dose was never changed. Percocet helps so much more! If I'm in 10/10 pain, I can take like one and a half or two - and it'll take it down to a 3-4/10. I have quite a few health issues, my main issue is a back injury from cheerleading and a bladder issue called interstitial cystitis. It's excruciating. Since changing to Percocet, I went from every month or two, being in the ER... to, no ER visits!

June 7, 2014 10:21 PM

Review by OLou (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Chronic Pain: I have many spine health issues and as a result, experience the joys of chronic back pain. This medicine works well for moderate pain for me. I did build up a tolerance for it pretty quickly, however, which is typical for any pain medicine. Bad side effects I experienced were debilitating nausea and hot flashes when it was taken on an empty stomach. Also, the all-over "itchies," when I first started taking the medicine. Both of these can be prevented by eating with the medicine and taking an antihistamine with it.

May 3, 2014 4:10 PM

Review by anonymous again:

For Chronic Pain: Many back injuries, as child and adult. At 40, had fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, and more. On 8 Advil/day, much pain. Wonderful old doc said I'd blow kidneys on Advil, put me on Percocet 5/325 - it really helped. Later, other MDs put me on variety of antidepressants. They did NOT relieve pain (some aggravated it). Side effects were monstrous; so was withdrawal when I quit. I remain on my Perc. After 2 decades of careful use, I now take 10/325 dose, cut them in half and take as needed, average 3 pills/day. I can walk, function well and think straight. No side effects! BEST PAIN MED EVER. My heart breaks for people in severe pain.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2014 3:57 PM

Review by roxxyrobin (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I was recently put on percochet for back problems. I have periods of feeling bad but once I take 10/325 it really helps with the pain. Still havin issues with waking up in the middle of the night. I actually can live a normal life now without being in misery.

March 31, 2014 4:10 AM

Review by sopranofan (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Pain: Probably one of (if not the best) pain reliever on the market when used for acute pain. Or when coupled with a long lasting "around the clock" pain reliever it can be used for breakthrough pain.

March 23, 2014 7:35 PM

Review by Kidney boy:

For Pain: Given this for kidney stones. Takes away the pain helps you relax. I experience a little bit of nausea but not severe.

February 25, 2014 11:55 PM

Review by Tenn:

For Chronic Pain: I am mid 40s male and had chronic back pain, spondylosis and degenerative disc disease for the last 5 years to where it became impossible to hardly move without being in pain. I am allergic to codeine so the doctors tried Vicodin. I saw nothing with Vicodin except tiredness. I was asked to try Percocet 5/325 in place of the Vicodin. Not only has it helped make the pain manageable I actually had the desire to get out of the house and do things that I have not been able to do before taking it.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2014 8:09 PM

Review by TJCOLLINS (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Chronic Pain: Doesn't control pain for long enough period of time. Decreases pain from 9 to 7 for 2 hours then pain starts to increase again. Also causes nausea and dry mouth.

November 20, 2013 8:44 PM

Review by Steven Causey (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Chronic Pain: My experience began when I was a child. I had very strange headaches, eventually diagnosed as "ice pick migraines" They had all the symptoms of the normal migraine you hear about, except, they were so painful, my feet would draw up, my eyes would roll back, and I went almost stiff from the pain....nothing helped. When I hit my thirties, I started having issues with my spine, my pancreas, and my kidneys. Percocet is the only therapy out there that keeps me from wanting to die. My blood is thinner, and I have issues as stated, with my pancreas and stomach, so I cannot take OTC drugs, they make me sick. Very sick. But, of course, no one believes that until they see what happens to me. Its kind of a living hell. I say if we can help, help.

November 10, 2013 3:50 PM

Review by lovely77:

For Pain: I have really bad back pain and at such a young age I take Percocet 4 times a day and it allows me to sleep and work where as other medications just made my stomach upset. I would rate it a 9 for the relief it gives you I honestly felt like I could not function anymore I was in so much pain and now I enjoy walking I don't have to stop ever 10 minutes to catch my breath from my pain.

October 30, 2013 10:56 AM

Review by caravictoria253 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Pain: Great for short term pain relief as far as long term the withdrawal makes you wish you never started taking and could manage pain without it only if nessesary. Follow directions.

October 24, 2013 3:13 AM

Review by J.R.Serna sr.:

For Pain: I have a total hip replacement and a fused ankle due to a motorcycle wreck. So far this medicine has helped. I give it around 8.5. The side effects I have had that it makes me sleepy but other than that it helps.

September 23, 2013 3:59 AM

Review by IGK-B:

For Pain: I was given this for what was supposed to be Tempromandicular joint dysfuntion. It worked for four days. Until the pain became so great I went in crying & shaking. Turned out I had to get my tooth extracted & a bone graft. My filling had cracked and the nerve was exposed & dying. Increased me to 10 mg, not only was my mouth pain free after surgery; my two herniated disc & pinch nerves ; my back, neck & shoulder was almost pain free. I was able to do laundry and cook for my family. Best thing ever after 12 years of no relief. I take the smallest dose 5 mg with the option to take 2 if needed.

September 18, 2013 12:27 AM

Review by holmes8731:

For Chronic Pain: Percocet is indeed a wonder medicine for pain. I take up to 5 a day and still have some pain, but at least it is dulled to a point of making my life worthwhile. I am in late 70s and doctors have told me that back surgery at my age and my condition (Severe stenosis, herniated disc) is risky. I thought my later years would be enjoyable but back pain has made me lose interest in all the things that I looked forward to, travel, etc. It has placed a heavy burden on my wife to take care of me in my pain mode.

August 28, 2013 6:47 PM

Review by Lcp mt (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I had menisectomy back in 2011, after 2 years I started having bad pain under my knee cap and my lateral side of my knee. Doctor prescribed me Norco 5mg it had little effect so he switched to Percocet 5mg, feels good to sleep at night.

July 29, 2013 12:41 AM

Review by adriana ina:

For Pain: My finger was partially amputated and reattached. Vicodin didn't help the pain but Percocet is excellent. I only take a small dose so the pain is not wholly gone, but I don't care once I've taken it. It has made this manageable and I sleep well, too.

July 28, 2013 4:43 PM

Review by AllyBryantsmom:

For Pain: I had my gall-bladder removed and was prescribed Percocet 10/325 for the pain. Wonderful. It helps me sleep and gets rid of the pain.

June 23, 2013 12:59 AM

Review by Lefty Lucy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Pain: I was prescribed Percocet 5/325 for a displaced distal radius fracture. It was great at helping to manage the pain until I could have surgery to implant hardware to keep the fracture in place and dealt with post op pain well too. Vicodin was the MD's original choice but leaves me wired and sleepless. I've only used this for 4 weeks and am now down to just one tab at night. The primary side effects I've noticed now are some pretty extreme GI distress but have been told this is normal. All in all, this has been a very painful injury and I'm not sure just what I would have done without consistent pain relief. I do suggest using no more than necessary.

May 26, 2013 6:13 AM

Review by Kuddos:

For Pain: I have to say that these pills are a miracle when it comes to pain. The reason I wanted to post my review of Percocet is because of the very, very, vivid dreams. I actually just woke up and had a dream that scared me half to death. I really and truly thought that I saw my wife cheating with another man I could not believe it, you guys have no idea how REAL it felt. So just letting you guys know.

May 24, 2013 6:40 AM

Review by Joel Bunker (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Chronic Pain: As someone constantly in pain from sports injuries and just general pain from working out 4-5 times a week, minor sciatic recurring pain in my legs, and with no options to discontinue my weekly workout routine Percocet is perfect. Never has Percocet made me loopy, stupid, tired, or out of control. In fact, I feel more energy when I take Percocet, and I am able to not only make it to the gym but get a much more effective workout. As a 36 year old with very low level high blood pressure concerns, family history of heart problems, family obesity history, a history of being over weight myself, and adult ADHD, I have no choice but to workout! Percocet allows me to do so, while working and living a normal life. Thank you Percocet.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 28, 2013 9:13 PM

Review by georgemtn:

For Chronic Pain: 3 back surgeries resulting in severe chronic pain. I have been taking Percocet 5/325 for over 10 years. 2 to 3 tabs daily and it enables me to do gardening lawn care and other chores around the house. It really allows me to do more and have a better quality of life.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2013 11:46 AM

Review by discpain3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Pain: Percocet seemed to be the only pill that would help me while I was dealing with the pain from 2 herniated discs in my back (pre- surgery.) Although it couldn't take even close to all the pain away, it did help significantly. I was taking 10mg/ 4 times a day, and I was still in significant pain, but it worked better than advil, hydrocodone, and dilauded. Now post- surgery, I only take it for breakthrough pain.

March 8, 2013 2:05 PM

Review by greatfull (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chronic Pain: I'm 51 years old and have been dealing with chronic pain last 20 years. Put on MsContin 60mg 3 times day, it's long lasting but pain sill comes through. Dr. added 10/325 Percocet for break through pain. Made my life liveable. Give it a 10.

February 12, 2013 2:37 PM