User Reviews for Percocet

Learn more about Percocet.

Percocet Review Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 75 medications used in the treatment of Chronic Pain.

Reviews for Percocet to treat Chronic Pain

"After taking Norco 10/325 for close to 8 months, I was switched to Percocet 10/325 and what a difference! I take 4 a day and I have my life back!! I was injured earlier this year and fractured my patella. Even Physical Therapy didn't help as much as it should, because I was left with osteoarthritis in my knee. I'm now able to do chores, go places and enjoy life again thanks to no pain! Thank you Percocet."

emsgirl24 (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2014

"I have many spine health issues and as a result, experience the joys of chronic back pain. This medicine works well for moderate pain for me. I did build up a tolerance for it pretty quickly, however, which is typical for any pain medicine. Bad side effects I experienced were debilitating nausea and hot flashes when it was taken on an empty stomach. Also, the all-over "itchies," when I first started taking the medicine. Both of these can be prevented by eating with the medicine and taking an antihistamine with it."

OLou (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 3, 2014

"Many back injuries, as child and adult. At 40, had fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, and more. On 8 Advil/day, much pain. Wonderful old doc said I'd blow kidneys on Advil, put me on Percocet 5/325 - it really helped. Later, other MDs put me on variety of antidepressants. They did NOT relieve pain (some aggravated it). Side effects were monstrous; so was withdrawal when I quit. I remain on my Perc. After 2 decades of careful use, I now take 10/325 dose, cut them in half and take as needed, average 3 pills/day. I can walk, function well and think straight. No side effects! BEST PAIN MED EVER. My heart breaks for people in severe pain. "

anonymous again April 15, 2014

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am mid 40s male and had chronic back pain, spondylosis and degenerative disc disease for the last 5 years to where it became impossible to hardly move without being in pain. I am allergic to codeine so the doctors tried Vicodin. I saw nothing with Vicodin except tiredness. I was asked to try Percocet 5/325 in place of the Vicodin. Not only has it helped make the pain manageable I actually had the desire to get out of the house and do things that I have not been able to do before taking it. "

Tenn January 24, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Doesn't control pain for long enough period of time. Decreases pain from 9 to 7 for 2 hours then pain starts to increase again. Also causes nausea and dry mouth."

TJCOLLINS (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 20, 2013

"My experience began when I was a child. I had very strange headaches, eventually diagnosed as "ice pick migraines" They had all the symptoms of the normal migraine you hear about, except, they were so painful, my feet would draw up, my eyes would roll back, and I went almost stiff from the pain....nothing helped. When I hit my thirties, I started having issues with my spine, my pancreas, and my kidneys. Percocet is the only therapy out there that keeps me from wanting to die. My blood is thinner, and I have issues as stated, with my pancreas and stomach, so I cannot take OTC drugs, they make me sick. Very sick. But, of course, no one believes that until they see what happens to me. Its kind of a living hell. I say if we can help, help."

Steven Causey (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 10, 2013

"Percocet is indeed a wonder medicine for pain. I take up to 5 a day and still have some pain, but at least it is dulled to a point of making my life worthwhile. I am in late 70s and doctors have told me that back surgery at my age and my condition (Severe stenosis, herniated disc) is risky. I thought my later years would be enjoyable but back pain has made me lose interest in all the things that I looked forward to, travel, etc. It has placed a heavy burden on my wife to take care of me in my pain mode."

holmes8731 August 28, 2013

"As someone constantly in pain from sports injuries and just general pain from working out 4-5 times a week, minor sciatic recurring pain in my legs, and with no options to discontinue my weekly workout routine Percocet is perfect. Never has Percocet made me loopy, stupid, tired, or out of control. In fact, I feel more energy when I take Percocet, and I am able to not only make it to the gym but get a much more effective workout. As a 36 year old with very low level high blood pressure concerns, family history of heart problems, family obesity history, a history of being over weight myself, and adult ADHD, I have no choice but to workout! Percocet allows me to do so, while working and living a normal life. Thank you Percocet."

Joel Bunker (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 28, 2013

"3 back surgeries resulting in severe chronic pain. I have been taking Percocet 5/325 for over 10 years. 2 to 3 tabs daily and it enables me to do gardening lawn care and other chores around the house. It really allows me to do more and have a better quality of life."

georgemtn March 21, 2013

"I'm 51 years old and have been dealing with chronic pain last 20 years. Put on MsContin 60mg 3 times day, it's long lasting but pain sill comes through. Dr. added 10/325 Percocet for break through pain. Made my life liveable. Give it a 10."

greatfull (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2013

"I have had migraines for over 25 yrs as well as fibromyalgia. I take Percocet 5-325 which has been the only thing that keeps me a person not just hiding in my room from the pain but I have started to notice that I have needed to take 2 pills ever 4-6 hrs instead of just one. But this pill has been a life saver."

Migrainemommal February 4, 2013

"I have arthritis in most joints, especially in spine, degenerative disc disease & now spondylolisthesis (vertebrae slipping onto next vertebrae -bone against bone. MD just upped my Opana from 10 to 20 mg, 5mg Xanax 3x day to calm me (no change) & switched from Oxy IR 10mg 6-8 hrs to Percocet 7.5 6-8 hrs due to pain increase. What a difference! I feel able to do the things I like/need to do. Advice to anyone taking narcotics -do NOT mix with alcohol-you'll overdose, don't take more than directions-you'll just build tolerance & they won't work. If your medicine stops working as mine did, don't take more, tell your Doc, a different combination can change everything!"

petunia12 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 31, 2013

"I have degenerative disk disease and chronic back pain and this medicine has been a real life saver. It allows me to be myself again without any problems."

jenny93308 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 22, 2013

"It helped me get mobile in the morning. It helped me move easier during the day."

Anonymous November 27, 2012