User Reviews for Percocet

Learn more about Percocet.

Percocet Review Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1851 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Percocet to treat Pain

"I find when I do take Percocet for my back problems they really help. Stop taking them when I'm not in pain was an issue also. For the withdrawal I would take a few tylenol #2 or #3. Really helped. After a week it was all good and not much withdrawal at all."

newfie by (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2015

"Took the pill every six hours for two weeks after shoulder surgery to deal with the immense pain. It worked! Then I stopped one day. Big mistake. The withdrawal took a week and I felt like going to the ER. No one told me to taper off. The pain became unbearable again especially after physical therapy and now I only take one an hour before PT. Bottom line, it works but is a narcotic so addiction CAN happen and withdrawal must be executed carefully."

DaveLaw (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2015

"Prescribed for pain of a large ulcer on my foot, 10/325 x6 a day, it definitely provided relief until I recovered (2 months). Tapering and stopping was crummy but somewhat relieved by clonidine, neurontin and a short course of ativan. A potent pain med tho, definitely works!"

Jazon (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2015

"Works great for me"

cat zz February 25, 2015

"I'm 19 years old, play college football, and this medication really gave me my life back after battling with severe groin pain (I'm a male) from a sports injury. There were times where my pain level exceeded a level 10, and Percocet brought it down to a 3-4, a level where I can function. My doctor said it's best to take this medication BEFORE your pain gets severe. It's called "catching up with your pain", and really makes a difference."

ChrisF1105 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 11, 2015

"This medication was a lifesaver after cancer surgery. I took one pill every six hours as needed 10/325. I was able to sleep, walk, and eat after surgery. I am not taking it anymore, my doctor gave me sixty. I have thirty left I will use those if I ever need them again."

Lucia1999 (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2014

"Percocet was a life saver for me. I was on Vicodin prior, and they didn't help whatsoever. I had taken Vicodin for like, 5 years. I was at the point where I had to take like SIX Vicodin to get relief. People acted like I was a seeker but I'm definitely not, I just got a high tolerance because the dose was never changed. Percocet helps so much more! If I'm in 10/10 pain, I can take like one and a half or two - and it'll take it down to a 3-4/10. I have quite a few health issues, my main issue is a back injury from cheerleading and a bladder issue called interstitial cystitis. It's excruciating. Since changing to Percocet, I went from every month or two, being in the ER... to, no ER visits!"

Morgan Danielle. June 7, 2014

"I was recently put on percochet for back problems. I have periods of feeling bad but once I take 10/325 it really helps with the pain. Still havin issues with waking up in the middle of the night. I actually can live a normal life now without being in misery."

roxxyrobin (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2014

"Probably one of (if not the best) pain reliever on the market when used for acute pain. Or when coupled with a long lasting "around the clock" pain reliever it can be used for breakthrough pain."

sopranofan (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 23, 2014

"Given this for kidney stones. Takes away the pain helps you relax. I experience a little bit of nausea but not severe. "

Kidney boy February 25, 2014

"I have really bad back pain and at such a young age I take Percocet 4 times a day and it allows me to sleep and work where as other medications just made my stomach upset. I would rate it a 9 for the relief it gives you I honestly felt like I could not function anymore I was in so much pain and now I enjoy walking I don't have to stop ever 10 minutes to catch my breath from my pain."

lovely77 October 30, 2013

"Great for short term pain relief as far as long term the withdrawal makes you wish you never started taking and could manage pain without it only if nessesary. Follow directions."

caravictoria253 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 24, 2013

"I have a total hip replacement and a fused ankle due to a motorcycle wreck. So far this medicine has helped. I give it around 8.5. The side effects I have had that it makes me sleepy but other than that it helps."

J.R.Serna sr. September 23, 2013

"I was given this for what was supposed to be Tempromandicular joint dysfuntion. It worked for four days. Until the pain became so great I went in crying & shaking. Turned out I had to get my tooth extracted & a bone graft. My filling had cracked and the nerve was exposed & dying. Increased me to 10 mg, not only was my mouth pain free after surgery; my two herniated disc & pinch nerves ; my back, neck & shoulder was almost pain free. I was able to do laundry and cook for my family. Best thing ever after 12 years of no relief. I take the smallest dose 5 mg with the option to take 2 if needed."

IGK-B September 18, 2013

"I had menisectomy back in 2011, after 2 years I started having bad pain under my knee cap and my lateral side of my knee. Doctor prescribed me Norco 5mg it had little effect so he switched to Percocet 5mg, feels good to sleep at night."

Lcp mt (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2013

"My finger was partially amputated and reattached. Vicodin didn't help the pain but Percocet is excellent. I only take a small dose so the pain is not wholly gone, but I don't care once I've taken it. It has made this manageable and I sleep well, too."

adriana ina July 28, 2013

"I had my gall-bladder removed and was prescribed Percocet 10/325 for the pain. Wonderful. It helps me sleep and gets rid of the pain."

AllyBryantsmom June 23, 2013

"I was prescribed Percocet 5/325 for a displaced distal radius fracture. It was great at helping to manage the pain until I could have surgery to implant hardware to keep the fracture in place and dealt with post op pain well too. Vicodin was the MD's original choice but leaves me wired and sleepless. I've only used this for 4 weeks and am now down to just one tab at night. The primary side effects I've noticed now are some pretty extreme GI distress but have been told this is normal. All in all, this has been a very painful injury and I'm not sure just what I would have done without consistent pain relief. I do suggest using no more than necessary."

Lefty Lucy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2013

"I have to say that these pills are a miracle when it comes to pain. The reason I wanted to post my review of Percocet is because of the very, very, vivid dreams. I actually just woke up and had a dream that scared me half to death. I really and truly thought that I saw my wife cheating with another man I could not believe it, you guys have no idea how REAL it felt. So just letting you guys know."

Kuddos May 24, 2013

"Percocet seemed to be the only pill that would help me while I was dealing with the pain from 2 herniated discs in my back (pre- surgery.) Although it couldn't take even close to all the pain away, it did help significantly. I was taking 10mg/ 4 times a day, and I was still in significant pain, but it worked better than advil, hydrocodone, and dilauded. Now post- surgery, I only take it for breakthrough pain."

discpain3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 8, 2013

"I experience dizziness and a decreased sensitivity to my pain. The loopy, light headed feeling makes lie down for an hour and after I start to feel the medicine kick in."

Anonymous November 14, 2012

"I have a high tolerance for meds. Percocet 10/325 mg takes my pain level from a 7/8 to a 3/4. I have been on this medicine for over 2 years and it allows me to continue to workout and move around doing my job."

Anonymous November 11, 2012

"I had a re-treatment of an infected root canal and after 4 days of increasing pain I had finally hit my breaking point on Sunday night. I was crying and shaking uncontrollably and was at my wits end! This was the MOST excruciating pain I have EVER had in my life, I never thought a tooth could hurt so bad. I went to an emergency dentist who opened my tooth up and cleaned it out again, and prescribed me antibiotics & 10mg Percocet. After taking the Percocet that night I finally slept after 4 days of sleepless nights. This pain medication is a GOD SEND!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2012

"I had 3 impacted wisdom teeth removed under general anesthetic. The oral surgeon prescribed me Percocet. Percocet was a bit too intense for me, even though it did rid of the pain. It was intense because it made me dizzy and drowsy. I found myself having to lay down most of the time when on it, as I also felt that my heart rate increased. I think that because I'm already a worrier, the side effects left me panicky."

crazycattud (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2012

"Took it after two heart operations six years ago. Worked great. "

Thomas R. July 26, 2012