User Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3

Learn more about Tylenol with Codeine #3.

Osteoarthritis 3 reviews 348 medications

8.7
Cough 5 reviews 784 medications

7.6
Pain 57 reviews 1070 medications

5.3
Summary of Tylenol with Codeine #3 reviews 65 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3

For Pain "I am currently taking this medication for moderate pain reduction. I hurt my wrist by falling on concrete stairs. It does reduce the pain and works very well. The only downside is stomach upset, nausea, and extreme sleepiness. I do not have any kind of narcotic tolerance. This medicine is for minor to moderate relief of pain, and should be used as such. This medicine in my book scores a 8 out of 10 points for managing moderate pain. Highly recommend."

Medicinereviewchick May 23, 2016

For Pain "Firstly it took me a while to fall asleep even though I was drowsy when I turned off my light. And I woke up almost every hour. I already have sleep problems but this pill made them much worse."

Cincha April 7, 2016

For Pain "I was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage last week, but I had no external symptoms. I waited a week and still no bleeding. So my ob/gyn prescribed for me misoprostol (Cytotec) which induces contractions and therefore bleeding etc. I was given Tylenol 3 to take to reduce the pain. I had excruciating pain from the contractions to the point that sometimes I could hardly move or talk. I took 400 Advil (Iboprufen) and felt a little better. I know the Tylenol 3 had no effect on me because it didn't even make me sleepy, not even a bit. n.b. I don't drink, don't smoke, don't use drugs and therefore I don't believe I have tolerance to any narcotics. Regular Tylenol never works for my kind of pains anyway."

IsabelleRJ March 20, 2016

For Pain "Broke my hand - t3 had 0 effect on me. Had 3 wisdom teeth taken out - guess what? still no effect. Don't waste your time."

Wish I could rate 0 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2016

For Pain "Have an infected tooth was prescribed 600mg ibuprofen alternating with tylenol every 6 hrs (3pm take one type 6pm take the other sort of thing) and T3s with Codeine for over night to help me sleep. Took 1 t3 at 1pm and I'm wide awake at 2am in agony from the pain and waiting for my next ibuprofen to kick in. T3S are crap!!!"

Dental pain Nightmare January 10, 2016

For Pain "I had gotten this medication after herniating a disc is my lower back. I only got minimal pain relief after taking 1 pill and decided to take 2 at night as the prescription states "1 to 2 pills may be taken". I ended up with moderate - severe upper stomach pain and slight chest discomfort. I also noticed that as I would fall asleep, I would wake up suddenly with a feeling of having to catch my breath. This lasted for hours. It did however only slightly relieve my pain which Is why I rated it 2 stars. I will not be taking this again."

Meta82 (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2015

For Pain "I got bucked off my horse on sat and had to go to the ER I can barely move and they gave me this for pain and I haven't had one once of relief from pain all it does is make me sleepy"

Shill5848 (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015

For Pain "I just had an tooth extraction #13, was prescribed Tylenol 3 and it barely worked. I've taken two within 6 hrs and nothing has happened. Instead I feel more pain and it's causing me a severe headache. Will go back to my oral surgeon to see if I can get something stronger. What a waste!!!"

Prettyp December 4, 2015

For Pain "got my top and bottom wisdom teeth on my right side removed. I was prescribed T3's and they suck! I'm in so much pain! Haven't slept because I physically can't! Hurts so much :("

chexamoaniem (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2015

For Pain "I've been on different types of medication for pain even Tylenol 3 and that still don't do anything"

KRITTER 512 November 5, 2015

For Pain "I got one impacted wisdom tooth out and another regular tooth out and I must say it doesn't help at all. Regular Tylenol usually doesn't help at all either. This stuff is useless, I'm still in agonizing pain"

Wisdom Tooth Pain Person (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2015

For Pain "I have a heel spur and plantar fasciitis in the same foot, Dr decided to give me tylenol #3 for the pain. I can't even tell if I even took anything. No better than regular tylenol."

EG519 (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2015

For Pain "I got my 4 wisdom teeth out and the pain was unbearable! I don't handle pain very well but 1 t3, and 2 Advil made me not feel pain or anything! And the t3s made me very sleepy so I could rest!"

Worked awesome (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2015

For Pain "Had a wisdom tooth removed . Was in severe pain until I took one pill and it worked effective and quick. No longer in pain and feeling better"

annadesert2010 September 29, 2015

For Pain "Helped with the pain after getting 4 impacted wisdom teeth out, but only when taken with ibuprofen. Problem was, after about 2 days of a single pill every 3 hours or so, I vomited for another 2-3 days."

VomitingVictor (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2015

For Pain "Lower back pain: not helpful"

Micky19 August 23, 2015

For Pain "No different than regular Tylenol which does nothing for me."

BackPain 79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2015

For Pain "Did NOTHING for my broken ankle concerning pain."

KRoach (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2015

For Pain "My lower left teeth were in pain and my left jaw became swollen, I was in terrible pain and went to my dentist for an emergency. Turns out I had an infection. I was prescribed tylenol 3 for pain and boy did it work wonders, also the codiene helped to relax me from the facial pain. I recommend this to anyone who like myself, doesn't take pills on a regular basis. Some people have a tolerance to low dose pain medications, so I think this why T3 gets the shaft from heavy pill takers."

Jewel Costa July 13, 2015

For Pain "I would say by itself this doesn't work very well but if you take it with an anti inflammatory like Advil or something it works better. I took this for a severe ear infection and while it didn't totally make the pain go away, it made it more tolerable."

Janea (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2015

For Pain "I have needed to get my four wisdom teeth pulled out for 2 years now. And just on this medication until surgery. My mandible which is my lower jaw and gums are very swollen and infected not so much pain in my upper areas in my mouth. My dentist prescribed me Tylenol #3 with codeine and antibiotics . Tylenol #3 is a joke it does not help with my pain at all it just makes me very drowsy. When I do rest the pain is still severe."

Localoca May 28, 2015

For Pain "Post Flat foot reconstruction. 14 wks. Post surgury, I am still experiencing extreme life altering pain. Second day on this medication showing no relief and must still put on my boot to help control the extreme pain. I have had a bout of hives blisters and rashes due to not being prescribe a effective nerve blocking pain. My surgeon is allowing me to remain in brutal pain."

sressed out in kazoo May 13, 2015

For Pain "Was prescribed for a tooth extraction and it worked great. Never felt pain and this is the only narcotic analgesic that doesn't make me feel nauseated."

Xoxostepphh (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2015

For Pain "Went to the ER for fever and strep throat. My back was hurting very badly as well. I was prescribed a few things but Tylenol 3 for pain. It makes me very groggy and sleepy and I like that because of rather sleep the day away than sit up. Makes me kind of dizzy but not too bad. Works well for pain and sleep."

Jessicat96 April 6, 2015

For Cough "Tylenol with codeine #3 does not work for my cough due to bronchitis. I took the meds as prescribed for two weeks. Never worked."

Dimpiam (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2015