User Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3

Learn more about Tylenol with Codeine #3.

Cough 3 reviews 734 medications

Osteoarthritis 3 reviews 365 medications

8.7
Pain 27 reviews 908 medications

5.9
Summary of Tylenol with Codeine #3 reviews 33 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3

Review by petey10 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I developed severe lower back nerve pain which became almost intolerable and severely limited range of motion could barely walk. I was prescribed Tylenol 3, 2 tablets every 4 hours; the first day it worked great but then next day I was vomiting and became severely constipated, doctor switched me to Celebrex which did little for the pain. Trying the Tylenol with stool softener, drinking more water hoping I don't get nauseated.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 13, 2014 2:46 AM
Review by L. Nelson (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Cough: This seemed to work for a recent bout with the flu and bronchitis. Everything hurt from head to toe. 1 pill in the morning and 1 at night worked wonders. The drowsiness is manageable and the ability to function normally was present. I'd recommend for aches and pains from flu and hard coughing.

February 5, 2014 2:21 AM
Review by Vsykes (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Be careful do not to mix with alcohol. I heard a crash in the bathroom, I went in and found my friend lying on the floor. I asked, should I call 911 when my friend came to and said no do not call 911. I'm glad I was there.

December 30, 2013 6:08 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Been using a couple times a week for 4 years for DDD pain. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. No side effects.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 3, 2013 10:08 PM
Review by jonas de luc (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis had destroyed my quality of life and Tylenol 4s have brought it back.

September 9, 2013 7:16 AM
Review by daily chronic pain: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I use several narcotics for the daily chronic pain I suffer from. Also I have glaucoma and uvetis which is an eye disease I also suffer from. When I run out of my Vicodin I use Tylenol 3 until I get my script filled. I think it works great, Love my Tylenol 3. With a daughter with special needs I need my pain controlled.

August 10, 2013 5:34 PM
Review by Root canal: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: This medicine worked too well for me, my dentist prescribed it due to a root canal, now I feel dizzy, nauseous, very sleepy. Pain is completely gone, but this worked way too well.

August 4, 2013 9:45 PM
Review by dirk-davy: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Osteoarthritis: I take 4 or 5 Tylenol # 3's per day. Seems to work for my neck and shoulder at about a factor of 80%. Also helps a bit with being bummed out and also with minor depression. Hope this helps. P.S. I like this better than Vicodin. Vicodin gives me a headache, for some reason.

July 15, 2013 8:37 PM
Review by Notafanofcodiene:):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Went to ER for dental pain, was given two Tylenol 3 tablets caused severe side effects. Very dizzy, nausea, shortness of breath. Not a fan of feeling "weird". Hoping it wears off soon.

July 6, 2013 3:38 AM
Review by Emmieeee: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I have "loose shoulders" and my doctor perscribed this to me. I am 14 and it feels kind of weird as it is my first pain medication other that ibuprofen. It works rather quickly and subsides some pain but not all. Also makes me drowsy, so I only take it at night.

April 13, 2013 11:19 PM
Review by Zigfried: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Used for uveitis/glaucoma surgery. Good for very minor discomfort, but makes me tired. I seemingly have more relief with 400 mg, Motrin.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 10, 2012 5:18 PM
Review by Jay123123123123232: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I have very swollen lymph nodes in my neck, causing headaches, jaw pain, and swelling. I take 2 pills at once every eight hours and it takes about an hour to kick in, and it lasts about an additional 6 to 7 hours.

October 26, 2012 6:00 PM
Review by Pegleg13 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Osteoarthritis: It does take the edge off the pain. Taken every 6 hours, the effects weaken and pain returns after 6-5 hours. Side effects can be dizziness so do not operate a vehicle, etc. another side effect can be constipation if taken for more than several days. An OTC stool softener is recommended by my doctor.

October 22, 2012 3:59 PM
Review by MileHighBrandon (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I am still in tears from my wisdom teeth popping in, and I was prescribed this medicine which does NOTHING at all for my pain. Aleve helps a little, but I stopped taking these as it don't work.

June 26, 2012 2:00 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Little to no relief for knee pain!

June 1, 2012 12:31 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Cough: This is the only medication I have found to help with a chronic cough after a cold or respiratory infection. It makes me a little sleepy if I take it during the day, but I can function with little coughing.

April 2, 2012 5:54 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Had dental work done and my dentist had me on these. I had to take 2 at a time just to take the edge off, was not happy. Had to add other types of medicines for relief.

March 27, 2012 10:20 AM
Review by jgx: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Was prescribed Tylenol #3 after double tooth extractions. The pain was handled well. Dosage on the bottle was for every 6 hours, but was told. again by the dentist, that I could take it at 5 hour intervals if needed. Was only prescribed 14 pills for short term use only. Served it's purpose well. After 2 days, all that was left was soreness from the procedure, and that was handled with over the counter Aleve.

March 19, 2012 5:12 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I have broken bone. This helps a lot with moderate pain and makes that go away completely in a short amount of time, but the more serious pain is always barely relieved. All in all, it helps a lot.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 29, 2012 8:19 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I am in severe pain. I believe I need 2 root canals. I went to ER and my doctor prescribed Tylenol 3. The dosage is 1 every 4 hours. Please believe me when I say the pain has not subsided AT ALL. I do not even feel sleepy. Even that would be some relief. I contacted the hospital about this and I have to go back to ER to be re-evaluated and pay another 800. The earliest I can be seen by my dentist is in another 14 days.

January 23, 2012 11:14 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Cough: Definitely assists with relief from persistent coughing after sinus or cold symptoms.

October 29, 2011 4:16 PM
Review by evermalace: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I use this for my pancreatitis, NASH, and inflamed spleen. I have other health issues as well. Currently this works far better than Vicodin, or Darvocet. Those two did nothing for me with the pain, this at least takes the edge off, though. At times it does make me sleepy and drowzy at work.

September 26, 2011 5:02 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I have suffered from chronic joint pain my entire life. After trying almost every non narcoticoption there is, I finally was prescribed Tylenol #3. I had been given Vicodin in the past by an NP (despite not really wanting it), and had not found it to be effective. The codeine though has made a huge difference. I haven't had any of the negative effects with it (stomach pain, dizziness, etc) but have gotten a huge amount of pain relief. It isn't extremely strong, it won't take me from a 10 to a 0, but it will get me to a bearable 1 or 2.

June 13, 2011 2:56 PM
Review by Quorrah: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I was given this in the hospital after giving birth. It only dulled the pain. Still couldn't walk, turn over, etc. The sleepy side effect was good; it helped me relax.

May 10, 2011 5:56 PM
Review by laurie11: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Just took 1 300-30mg as a replacement for the Davorcet which was withdrawn recently. I used that sparingly and ran out a month ago. I have rheumatoid arthritis, "fibro", osteoarthritis among other health problems so I am in some sort of constant pain daily. My Doctor is very conservative about giving me prescription pain medicine so I am to cut in half and take no more than a grand total of 1 pill a day. Not sure he understands my pain but I have to follow his orders. I have to save this for my most severe days and when I absolutely have to get things done. Use Excedrin migraine and Advil on other days.

March 2, 2011 6:21 PM