User Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3

Learn more about Tylenol with Codeine #3.

Osteoarthritis 3 reviews 340 medications

8.7
Cough 5 reviews 701 medications

7.6
Pain 42 reviews 906 medications

5.9
Summary of Tylenol with Codeine #3 reviews 50 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3

For Pain "Lower back pain: not helpful"

Micky19 August 23, 2015

For Pain "No different than regular Tylenol which does nothing for me."

BackPain 79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2015

For Pain "Did NOTHING for my broken ankle concerning pain."

KRoach (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2015

For Pain "My lower left teeth were in pain and my left jaw became swollen, I was in terrible pain and went to my dentist for an emergency. Turns out I had an infection. I was prescribed tylenol 3 for pain and boy did it work wonders, also the codiene helped to relax me from the facial pain. I recommend this to anyone who like myself, doesn't take pills on a regular basis. Some people have a tolerance to low dose pain medications, so I think this why T3 gets the shaft from heavy pill takers."

Jewel Costa July 13, 2015

For Pain "I would say by itself this doesn't work very well but if you take it with an anti inflammatory like Advil or something it works better. I took this for a severe ear infection and while it didn't totally make the pain go away, it made it more tolerable."

Janea (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2015

For Pain "I have needed to get my four wisdom teeth pulled out for 2 years now. And just on this medication until surgery. My mandible which is my lower jaw and gums are very swollen and infected not so much pain in my upper areas in my mouth. My dentist prescribed me Tylenol #3 with codeine and antibiotics . Tylenol #3 is a joke it does not help with my pain at all it just makes me very drowsy. When I do rest the pain is still severe."

Localoca May 28, 2015

For Pain "Post Flat foot reconstruction. 14 wks. Post surgury, I am still experiencing extreme life altering pain. Second day on this medication showing no relief and must still put on my boot to help control the extreme pain. I have had a bout of hives blisters and rashes due to not being prescribe a effective nerve blocking pain. My surgeon is allowing me to remain in brutal pain."

sressed out in kazoo May 13, 2015

For Pain "Was prescribed for a tooth extraction and it worked great. Never felt pain and this is the only narcotic analgesic that doesn't make me feel nauseated."

Xoxostepphh (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2015

For Pain "Went to the ER for fever and strep throat. My back was hurting very badly as well. I was prescribed a few things but Tylenol 3 for pain. It makes me very groggy and sleepy and I like that because of rather sleep the day away than sit up. Makes me kind of dizzy but not too bad. Works well for pain and sleep."

Jessicat96 April 6, 2015

For Cough "Tylenol with codeine #3 does not work for my cough due to bronchitis. I took the meds as prescribed for two weeks. Never worked."

Dimpiam (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2015

For Pain "Got my wisdom tooth removed. I had a surgical procedure because my tooth was impacted. I had to take 3 pills within 6 hours. It barely worked, the side of my face is still throbbing and in pain. I couldn't take more because of the acetaminophen. Going back to the dentist tomorrow to get something stronger instead."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2015

For Pain "I ended up falling off some stairs and had to get stitches, staples on my HEAD.. I got these pills for my pain and I got to say; They Working Great.. A1.."

Lhp Crook January 30, 2015

For Pain "I was quite sore from excessive coughing from an up and down bout with the flu. Took one Tylenol 3 tab as prescribed and was actually able to sit up and move around in bed with no pain. However, it did make me slightly dizzy with mild stomach upset. I would not take it when I have to be up and about. Took it at night anyway so I could rest. I can live with the side effects since it's nighttime and I'm in bed anyway."

A.W. December 20, 2014

For Cough "I have found this medication has done wonders on my cough since I have been taking it and nothing else seem to work as well"

slowmo33 October 5, 2014

For Pain "I prefer Tylenol number 3 for pain. Vicodin made me sick. It is also very cost effective."

Lucia1999 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 5, 2014

For Pain "My husband and I suffered the loss of our baby (7/2/14) and I needed a D&C the following day due to severe blood loss and I was on Percocet 5/325's for 1 week and then lowered to Vicodin 5/325's and I went to my FP and he prescribed Tylenol 3's for my menstrual cramps. He said to take it with 3-4 ibuprofen. Tylenol 3's hardly ever work for me. When taken in combination together, they work great."

BreeB (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2014

For Pain "Had a bout of awful Strep Throat , pain in my left side of throat as well as left ear , excruciating pain for me to swallow! Doc first prescribed Naproxen , didn't do nothing for me except make me want to vomit and stay nauseous after I'd even try to eat something, prescribed me some Tylenol 3 with codeine and within 30 mins of having a moderately somewhat full tummy I feel the great effects of it already, less pain, but will be using until my Strep has cleared and pain has gone so we will see if the effect still lasts after a few days!"

Melijerry13 (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2014

For Pain "I developed severe lower back nerve pain which became almost intolerable and severely limited range of motion could barely walk. I was prescribed Tylenol 3, 2 tablets every 4 hours; the first day it worked great but then next day I was vomiting and became severely constipated, doctor switched me to Celebrex which did little for the pain. Trying the Tylenol with stool softener, drinking more water hoping I don't get nauseated."

petey10 (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2014

For Cough "This seemed to work for a recent bout with the flu and bronchitis. Everything hurt from head to toe. 1 pill in the morning and 1 at night worked wonders. The drowsiness is manageable and the ability to function normally was present. I'd recommend for aches and pains from flu and hard coughing."

L. Nelson (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2014

For Pain "Be careful do not to mix with alcohol. I heard a crash in the bathroom, I went in and found my friend lying on the floor. I asked, should I call 911 when my friend came to and said no do not call 911. I'm glad I was there. "

Vsykes (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2013

For Pain "Been using a couple times a week for 4 years for DDD pain. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. No side effects."

Anonymous November 3, 2013

For Osteoarthritis "Osteoarthritis had destroyed my quality of life and Tylenol 4s have brought it back."

jonas de luc (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 9, 2013

For Pain "I use several narcotics for the daily chronic pain I suffer from. Also I have glaucoma and uvetis which is an eye disease I also suffer from. When I run out of my Vicodin I use Tylenol 3 until I get my script filled. I think it works great, Love my Tylenol 3. With a daughter with special needs I need my pain controlled."

daily chronic pain August 10, 2013

For Pain "This medicine worked too well for me, my dentist prescribed it due to a root canal, now I feel dizzy, nauseous, very sleepy. Pain is completely gone, but this worked way too well."

Root canal August 4, 2013

For Osteoarthritis "I take 4 or 5 Tylenol # 3's per day. Seems to work for my neck and shoulder at about a factor of 80%. Also helps a bit with being bummed out and also with minor depression. Hope this helps. P.S. I like this better than Vicodin. Vicodin gives me a headache, for some reason. "

dirk-davy July 15, 2013