User Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3

Learn more about Tylenol with Codeine #3.

Tylenol with Codeine #3 Rating Summary

5.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1898 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3 to treat Pain

"Broke my hand - t3 had 0 effect on me. Had 3 wisdom teeth taken out - guess what? still no effect. Don't waste your time."

Wish I could rate 0 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2016

"Have an infected tooth was prescribed 600mg ibuprofen alternating with tylenol every 6 hrs (3pm take one type 6pm take the other sort of thing) and T3s with Codeine for over night to help me sleep. Took 1 t3 at 1pm and I'm wide awake at 2am in agony from the pain and waiting for my next ibuprofen to kick in. T3S are crap!!!"

Dental pain Nightmare January 10, 2016

"I had gotten this medication after herniating a disc is my lower back. I only got minimal pain relief after taking 1 pill and decided to take 2 at night as the prescription states "1 to 2 pills may be taken". I ended up with moderate - severe upper stomach pain and slight chest discomfort. I also noticed that as I would fall asleep, I would wake up suddenly with a feeling of having to catch my breath. This lasted for hours. It did however only slightly relieve my pain which Is why I rated it 2 stars. I will not be taking this again."

Meta82 (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2015

"I got bucked off my horse on sat and had to go to the ER I can barely move and they gave me this for pain and I haven't had one once of relief from pain all it does is make me sleepy"

Shill5848 (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015

"I just had an tooth extraction #13, was prescribed Tylenol 3 and it barely worked. I've taken two within 6 hrs and nothing has happened. Instead I feel more pain and it's causing me a severe headache. Will go back to my oral surgeon to see if I can get something stronger. What a waste!!!"

Prettyp December 4, 2015

"got my top and bottom wisdom teeth on my right side removed. I was prescribed T3's and they suck! I'm in so much pain! Haven't slept because I physically can't! Hurts so much :("

chexamoaniem (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2015

"I've been on different types of medication for pain even Tylenol 3 and that still don't do anything"

KRITTER 512 November 5, 2015

"I got one impacted wisdom tooth out and another regular tooth out and I must say it doesn't help at all. Regular Tylenol usually doesn't help at all either. This stuff is useless, I'm still in agonizing pain"

Wisdom Tooth Pain Person (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2015

"I have a heel spur and plantar fasciitis in the same foot, Dr decided to give me tylenol #3 for the pain. I can't even tell if I even took anything. No better than regular tylenol."

EG519 (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2015

"I got my 4 wisdom teeth out and the pain was unbearable! I don't handle pain very well but 1 t3, and 2 Advil made me not feel pain or anything! And the t3s made me very sleepy so I could rest!"

Worked awesome (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2015

"Had a wisdom tooth removed . Was in severe pain until I took one pill and it worked effective and quick. No longer in pain and feeling better"

annadesert2010 September 29, 2015

"Helped with the pain after getting 4 impacted wisdom teeth out, but only when taken with ibuprofen. Problem was, after about 2 days of a single pill every 3 hours or so, I vomited for another 2-3 days."

VomitingVictor (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2015

"Lower back pain: not helpful"

Micky19 August 23, 2015

"No different than regular Tylenol which does nothing for me."

BackPain 79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2015

"Did NOTHING for my broken ankle concerning pain."

KRoach (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2015

"My lower left teeth were in pain and my left jaw became swollen, I was in terrible pain and went to my dentist for an emergency. Turns out I had an infection. I was prescribed tylenol 3 for pain and boy did it work wonders, also the codiene helped to relax me from the facial pain. I recommend this to anyone who like myself, doesn't take pills on a regular basis. Some people have a tolerance to low dose pain medications, so I think this why T3 gets the shaft from heavy pill takers."

Jewel Costa July 13, 2015

"I would say by itself this doesn't work very well but if you take it with an anti inflammatory like Advil or something it works better. I took this for a severe ear infection and while it didn't totally make the pain go away, it made it more tolerable."

Janea (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2015

"I have needed to get my four wisdom teeth pulled out for 2 years now. And just on this medication until surgery. My mandible which is my lower jaw and gums are very swollen and infected not so much pain in my upper areas in my mouth. My dentist prescribed me Tylenol #3 with codeine and antibiotics . Tylenol #3 is a joke it does not help with my pain at all it just makes me very drowsy. When I do rest the pain is still severe."

Localoca May 28, 2015

"Post Flat foot reconstruction. 14 wks. Post surgury, I am still experiencing extreme life altering pain. Second day on this medication showing no relief and must still put on my boot to help control the extreme pain. I have had a bout of hives blisters and rashes due to not being prescribe a effective nerve blocking pain. My surgeon is allowing me to remain in brutal pain."

sressed out in kazoo May 13, 2015

"Was prescribed for a tooth extraction and it worked great. Never felt pain and this is the only narcotic analgesic that doesn't make me feel nauseated."

Xoxostepphh (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2015

"Went to the ER for fever and strep throat. My back was hurting very badly as well. I was prescribed a few things but Tylenol 3 for pain. It makes me very groggy and sleepy and I like that because of rather sleep the day away than sit up. Makes me kind of dizzy but not too bad. Works well for pain and sleep."

Jessicat96 April 6, 2015

"Got my wisdom tooth removed. I had a surgical procedure because my tooth was impacted. I had to take 3 pills within 6 hours. It barely worked, the side of my face is still throbbing and in pain. I couldn't take more because of the acetaminophen. Going back to the dentist tomorrow to get something stronger instead."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2015

"I ended up falling off some stairs and had to get stitches, staples on my HEAD.. I got these pills for my pain and I got to say; They Working Great.. A1.."

Lhp Crook January 30, 2015

"I was quite sore from excessive coughing from an up and down bout with the flu. Took one Tylenol 3 tab as prescribed and was actually able to sit up and move around in bed with no pain. However, it did make me slightly dizzy with mild stomach upset. I would not take it when I have to be up and about. Took it at night anyway so I could rest. I can live with the side effects since it's nighttime and I'm in bed anyway."

A.W. December 20, 2014

"I prefer Tylenol number 3 for pain. Vicodin made me sick. It is also very cost effective."

Lucia1999 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 5, 2014