User Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3

Learn more about Tylenol with Codeine #3.

Tylenol with Codeine #3 Review Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1851 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3 to treat Pain

"Post Flat foot reconstruction. 14 wks. Post surgury, I am still experiencing extreme life altering pain. Second day on this medication showing no relief and must still put on my boot to help control the extreme pain. I have had a bout of hives blisters and rashes due to not being prescribe a effective nerve blocking pain. My surgeon is allowing me to remain in brutal pain."

sressed out in kazoo May 13, 2015

"Was prescribed for a tooth extraction and it worked great. Never felt pain and this is the only narcotic analgesic that doesn't make me feel nauseated."

Xoxostepphh (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2015

"Went to the ER for fever and strep throat. My back was hurting very badly as well. I was prescribed a few things but Tylenol 3 for pain. It makes me very groggy and sleepy and I like that because of rather sleep the day away than sit up. Makes me kind of dizzy but not too bad. Works well for pain and sleep."

Jessicat96 April 6, 2015

"Got my wisdom tooth removed. I had a surgical procedure because my tooth was impacted. I had to take 3 pills within 6 hours. It barely worked, the side of my face is still throbbing and in pain. I couldn't take more because of the acetaminophen. Going back to the dentist tomorrow to get something stronger instead."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2015

"I ended up falling off some stairs and had to get stitches, staples on my HEAD.. I got these pills for my pain and I got to say; They Working Great.. A1.."

Lhp Crook January 30, 2015

"I was quite sore from excessive coughing from an up and down bout with the flu. Took one Tylenol 3 tab as prescribed and was actually able to sit up and move around in bed with no pain. However, it did make me slightly dizzy with mild stomach upset. I would not take it when I have to be up and about. Took it at night anyway so I could rest. I can live with the side effects since it's nighttime and I'm in bed anyway."

A.W. December 20, 2014

"I prefer Tylenol number 3 for pain. Vicodin made me sick. It is also very cost effective."

Lucia1999 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 5, 2014

"My husband and I suffered the loss of our baby (7/2/14) and I needed a D&C the following day due to severe blood loss and I was on Percocet 5/325's for 1 week and then lowered to Vicodin 5/325's and I went to my FP and he prescribed Tylenol 3's for my menstrual cramps. He said to take it with 3-4 ibuprofen. Tylenol 3's hardly ever work for me. When taken in combination together, they work great."

BreeB (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2014

"Had a bout of awful Strep Throat , pain in my left side of throat as well as left ear , excruciating pain for me to swallow! Doc first prescribed Naproxen , didn't do nothing for me except make me want to vomit and stay nauseous after I'd even try to eat something, prescribed me some Tylenol 3 with codeine and within 30 mins of having a moderately somewhat full tummy I feel the great effects of it already, less pain, but will be using until my Strep has cleared and pain has gone so we will see if the effect still lasts after a few days!"

Melijerry13 (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2014

"I developed severe lower back nerve pain which became almost intolerable and severely limited range of motion could barely walk. I was prescribed Tylenol 3, 2 tablets every 4 hours; the first day it worked great but then next day I was vomiting and became severely constipated, doctor switched me to Celebrex which did little for the pain. Trying the Tylenol with stool softener, drinking more water hoping I don't get nauseated."

petey10 (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2014

"Be careful do not to mix with alcohol. I heard a crash in the bathroom, I went in and found my friend lying on the floor. I asked, should I call 911 when my friend came to and said no do not call 911. I'm glad I was there. "

Vsykes (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2013

"Been using a couple times a week for 4 years for DDD pain. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. No side effects."

Anonymous November 3, 2013

"I use several narcotics for the daily chronic pain I suffer from. Also I have glaucoma and uvetis which is an eye disease I also suffer from. When I run out of my Vicodin I use Tylenol 3 until I get my script filled. I think it works great, Love my Tylenol 3. With a daughter with special needs I need my pain controlled."

daily chronic pain August 10, 2013

"This medicine worked too well for me, my dentist prescribed it due to a root canal, now I feel dizzy, nauseous, very sleepy. Pain is completely gone, but this worked way too well."

Root canal August 4, 2013

"Went to ER for dental pain, was given two Tylenol 3 tablets caused severe side effects. Very dizzy, nausea, shortness of breath. Not a fan of feeling "weird". Hoping it wears off soon."

Notafanofcodiene:) July 6, 2013

"I have "loose shoulders" and my doctor perscribed this to me. I am 14 and it feels kind of weird as it is my first pain medication other that ibuprofen. It works rather quickly and subsides some pain but not all. Also makes me drowsy, so I only take it at night."

Emmieeee April 13, 2013

"Used for uveitis/glaucoma surgery. Good for very minor discomfort, but makes me tired. I seemingly have more relief with 400 mg, Motrin."

Zigfried December 10, 2012

"I have very swollen lymph nodes in my neck, causing headaches, jaw pain, and swelling. I take 2 pills at once every eight hours and it takes about an hour to kick in, and it lasts about an additional 6 to 7 hours."

Jay123123123123232 October 26, 2012

"I am still in tears from my wisdom teeth popping in, and I was prescribed this medicine which does NOTHING at all for my pain. Aleve helps a little, but I stopped taking these as it don't work. "

MileHighBrandon (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2012

"Little to no relief for knee pain!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2012

"Had dental work done and my dentist had me on these. I had to take 2 at a time just to take the edge off, was not happy. Had to add other types of medicines for relief. "

Anonymous March 27, 2012

"Was prescribed Tylenol #3 after double tooth extractions. The pain was handled well. Dosage on the bottle was for every 6 hours, but was told. again by the dentist, that I could take it at 5 hour intervals if needed. Was only prescribed 14 pills for short term use only. Served it's purpose well. After 2 days, all that was left was soreness from the procedure, and that was handled with over the counter Aleve."

jgx March 19, 2012

"I have broken bone. This helps a lot with moderate pain and makes that go away completely in a short amount of time, but the more serious pain is always barely relieved. All in all, it helps a lot."

Anonymous January 29, 2012

"I am in severe pain. I believe I need 2 root canals. I went to ER and my doctor prescribed Tylenol 3. The dosage is 1 every 4 hours. Please believe me when I say the pain has not subsided AT ALL. I do not even feel sleepy. Even that would be some relief. I contacted the hospital about this and I have to go back to ER to be re-evaluated and pay another 800. The earliest I can be seen by my dentist is in another 14 days. "

Anonymous January 23, 2012

"I use this for my pancreatitis, NASH, and inflamed spleen. I have other health issues as well. Currently this works far better than Vicodin, or Darvocet. Those two did nothing for me with the pain, this at least takes the edge off, though. At times it does make me sleepy and drowzy at work."

evermalace September 26, 2011