User Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3

Learn more about Tylenol with Codeine #3.

Tylenol with Codeine #3 Review Summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1775 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3 to treat Pain

"Lower back pain: not helpful"

Micky19 August 23, 2015

"No different than regular Tylenol which does nothing for me."

BackPain 79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2015

"Did NOTHING for my broken ankle concerning pain."

KRoach (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2015

"My lower left teeth were in pain and my left jaw became swollen, I was in terrible pain and went to my dentist for an emergency. Turns out I had an infection. I was prescribed tylenol 3 for pain and boy did it work wonders, also the codiene helped to relax me from the facial pain. I recommend this to anyone who like myself, doesn't take pills on a regular basis. Some people have a tolerance to low dose pain medications, so I think this why T3 gets the shaft from heavy pill takers."

Jewel Costa July 13, 2015

"I would say by itself this doesn't work very well but if you take it with an anti inflammatory like Advil or something it works better. I took this for a severe ear infection and while it didn't totally make the pain go away, it made it more tolerable."

Janea (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2015

"I have needed to get my four wisdom teeth pulled out for 2 years now. And just on this medication until surgery. My mandible which is my lower jaw and gums are very swollen and infected not so much pain in my upper areas in my mouth. My dentist prescribed me Tylenol #3 with codeine and antibiotics . Tylenol #3 is a joke it does not help with my pain at all it just makes me very drowsy. When I do rest the pain is still severe."

Localoca May 28, 2015

"Post Flat foot reconstruction. 14 wks. Post surgury, I am still experiencing extreme life altering pain. Second day on this medication showing no relief and must still put on my boot to help control the extreme pain. I have had a bout of hives blisters and rashes due to not being prescribe a effective nerve blocking pain. My surgeon is allowing me to remain in brutal pain."

sressed out in kazoo May 13, 2015

"Was prescribed for a tooth extraction and it worked great. Never felt pain and this is the only narcotic analgesic that doesn't make me feel nauseated."

Xoxostepphh (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2015

"Went to the ER for fever and strep throat. My back was hurting very badly as well. I was prescribed a few things but Tylenol 3 for pain. It makes me very groggy and sleepy and I like that because of rather sleep the day away than sit up. Makes me kind of dizzy but not too bad. Works well for pain and sleep."

Jessicat96 April 6, 2015

"Got my wisdom tooth removed. I had a surgical procedure because my tooth was impacted. I had to take 3 pills within 6 hours. It barely worked, the side of my face is still throbbing and in pain. I couldn't take more because of the acetaminophen. Going back to the dentist tomorrow to get something stronger instead."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2015

"I ended up falling off some stairs and had to get stitches, staples on my HEAD.. I got these pills for my pain and I got to say; They Working Great.. A1.."

Lhp Crook January 30, 2015

"I was quite sore from excessive coughing from an up and down bout with the flu. Took one Tylenol 3 tab as prescribed and was actually able to sit up and move around in bed with no pain. However, it did make me slightly dizzy with mild stomach upset. I would not take it when I have to be up and about. Took it at night anyway so I could rest. I can live with the side effects since it's nighttime and I'm in bed anyway."

A.W. December 20, 2014

"I prefer Tylenol number 3 for pain. Vicodin made me sick. It is also very cost effective."

Lucia1999 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 5, 2014

"My husband and I suffered the loss of our baby (7/2/14) and I needed a D&C the following day due to severe blood loss and I was on Percocet 5/325's for 1 week and then lowered to Vicodin 5/325's and I went to my FP and he prescribed Tylenol 3's for my menstrual cramps. He said to take it with 3-4 ibuprofen. Tylenol 3's hardly ever work for me. When taken in combination together, they work great."

BreeB (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2014

"Had a bout of awful Strep Throat , pain in my left side of throat as well as left ear , excruciating pain for me to swallow! Doc first prescribed Naproxen , didn't do nothing for me except make me want to vomit and stay nauseous after I'd even try to eat something, prescribed me some Tylenol 3 with codeine and within 30 mins of having a moderately somewhat full tummy I feel the great effects of it already, less pain, but will be using until my Strep has cleared and pain has gone so we will see if the effect still lasts after a few days!"

Melijerry13 (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2014

"I developed severe lower back nerve pain which became almost intolerable and severely limited range of motion could barely walk. I was prescribed Tylenol 3, 2 tablets every 4 hours; the first day it worked great but then next day I was vomiting and became severely constipated, doctor switched me to Celebrex which did little for the pain. Trying the Tylenol with stool softener, drinking more water hoping I don't get nauseated."

petey10 (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2014

"Be careful do not to mix with alcohol. I heard a crash in the bathroom, I went in and found my friend lying on the floor. I asked, should I call 911 when my friend came to and said no do not call 911. I'm glad I was there. "

Vsykes (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2013

"Been using a couple times a week for 4 years for DDD pain. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. No side effects."

Anonymous November 3, 2013

"I use several narcotics for the daily chronic pain I suffer from. Also I have glaucoma and uvetis which is an eye disease I also suffer from. When I run out of my Vicodin I use Tylenol 3 until I get my script filled. I think it works great, Love my Tylenol 3. With a daughter with special needs I need my pain controlled."

daily chronic pain August 10, 2013

"This medicine worked too well for me, my dentist prescribed it due to a root canal, now I feel dizzy, nauseous, very sleepy. Pain is completely gone, but this worked way too well."

Root canal August 4, 2013

"Went to ER for dental pain, was given two Tylenol 3 tablets caused severe side effects. Very dizzy, nausea, shortness of breath. Not a fan of feeling "weird". Hoping it wears off soon."

Notafanofcodiene:) July 6, 2013

"I have "loose shoulders" and my doctor perscribed this to me. I am 14 and it feels kind of weird as it is my first pain medication other that ibuprofen. It works rather quickly and subsides some pain but not all. Also makes me drowsy, so I only take it at night."

Emmieeee April 13, 2013

"Used for uveitis/glaucoma surgery. Good for very minor discomfort, but makes me tired. I seemingly have more relief with 400 mg, Motrin."

Zigfried December 10, 2012

"I have very swollen lymph nodes in my neck, causing headaches, jaw pain, and swelling. I take 2 pills at once every eight hours and it takes about an hour to kick in, and it lasts about an additional 6 to 7 hours."

Jay123123123123232 October 26, 2012

"I am still in tears from my wisdom teeth popping in, and I was prescribed this medicine which does NOTHING at all for my pain. Aleve helps a little, but I stopped taking these as it don't work. "

MileHighBrandon (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2012