User Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3

Learn more about Tylenol with Codeine #3.

Tylenol with Codeine #3 review summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1832 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3 to treat Pain

Review by BreeB (taken for less than 1 month):

My husband and I suffered the loss of our baby (7/2/14) and I needed a D&C the following day due to severe blood loss and I was on Percocet 5/325's for 1 week and then lowered to Vicodin 5/325's and I went to my FP and he prescribed Tylenol 3's for my menstrual cramps. He said to take it with 3-4 ibuprofen. Tylenol 3's hardly ever work for me. When taken in combination together, they work great.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 27, 2014 1:44 PM

Review by Melijerry13 (taken for less than 1 month):

Had a bout of awful Strep Throat , pain in my left side of throat as well as left ear , excruciating pain for me to swallow! Doc first prescribed Naproxen , didn't do nothing for me except make me want to vomit and stay nauseous after I'd even try to eat something, prescribed me some Tylenol 3 with codeine and within 30 mins of having a moderately somewhat full tummy I feel the great effects of it already, less pain, but will be using until my Strep has cleared and pain has gone so we will see if the effect still lasts after a few days!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 7, 2014 4:17 PM

Review by petey10 (taken for less than 1 month):

I developed severe lower back nerve pain which became almost intolerable and severely limited range of motion could barely walk. I was prescribed Tylenol 3, 2 tablets every 4 hours; the first day it worked great but then next day I was vomiting and became severely constipated, doctor switched me to Celebrex which did little for the pain. Trying the Tylenol with stool softener, drinking more water hoping I don't get nauseated.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2014 2:46 AM

Review by Vsykes (taken for less than 1 month):

Be careful do not to mix with alcohol. I heard a crash in the bathroom, I went in and found my friend lying on the floor. I asked, should I call 911 when my friend came to and said no do not call 911. I'm glad I was there.

December 30, 2013 6:08 AM

Been using a couple times a week for 4 years for DDD pain. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. No side effects.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2013 10:08 PM

Review by daily chronic pain:

I use several narcotics for the daily chronic pain I suffer from. Also I have glaucoma and uvetis which is an eye disease I also suffer from. When I run out of my Vicodin I use Tylenol 3 until I get my script filled. I think it works great, Love my Tylenol 3. With a daughter with special needs I need my pain controlled.

August 10, 2013 5:34 PM

Review by Root canal:

This medicine worked too well for me, my dentist prescribed it due to a root canal, now I feel dizzy, nauseous, very sleepy. Pain is completely gone, but this worked way too well.

August 4, 2013 9:45 PM

Review by Notafanofcodiene:):

Went to ER for dental pain, was given two Tylenol 3 tablets caused severe side effects. Very dizzy, nausea, shortness of breath. Not a fan of feeling "weird". Hoping it wears off soon.

July 6, 2013 3:38 AM

Review by Emmieeee:

I have "loose shoulders" and my doctor perscribed this to me. I am 14 and it feels kind of weird as it is my first pain medication other that ibuprofen. It works rather quickly and subsides some pain but not all. Also makes me drowsy, so I only take it at night.

April 13, 2013 11:19 PM

Review by Zigfried:

Used for uveitis/glaucoma surgery. Good for very minor discomfort, but makes me tired. I seemingly have more relief with 400 mg, Motrin.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2012 5:18 PM

Review by Jay123123123123232:

I have very swollen lymph nodes in my neck, causing headaches, jaw pain, and swelling. I take 2 pills at once every eight hours and it takes about an hour to kick in, and it lasts about an additional 6 to 7 hours.

October 26, 2012 6:00 PM

Review by MileHighBrandon (taken for less than 1 month):

I am still in tears from my wisdom teeth popping in, and I was prescribed this medicine which does NOTHING at all for my pain. Aleve helps a little, but I stopped taking these as it don't work.

June 26, 2012 2:00 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Little to no relief for knee pain!

June 1, 2012 12:31 AM

Had dental work done and my dentist had me on these. I had to take 2 at a time just to take the edge off, was not happy. Had to add other types of medicines for relief.

March 27, 2012 10:20 AM

Review by jgx:

Was prescribed Tylenol #3 after double tooth extractions. The pain was handled well. Dosage on the bottle was for every 6 hours, but was told. again by the dentist, that I could take it at 5 hour intervals if needed. Was only prescribed 14 pills for short term use only. Served it's purpose well. After 2 days, all that was left was soreness from the procedure, and that was handled with over the counter Aleve.

March 19, 2012 5:12 PM

I have broken bone. This helps a lot with moderate pain and makes that go away completely in a short amount of time, but the more serious pain is always barely relieved. All in all, it helps a lot.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2012 8:19 AM

I am in severe pain. I believe I need 2 root canals. I went to ER and my doctor prescribed Tylenol 3. The dosage is 1 every 4 hours. Please believe me when I say the pain has not subsided AT ALL. I do not even feel sleepy. Even that would be some relief. I contacted the hospital about this and I have to go back to ER to be re-evaluated and pay another 800. The earliest I can be seen by my dentist is in another 14 days.

January 23, 2012 11:14 PM

Review by evermalace:

I use this for my pancreatitis, NASH, and inflamed spleen. I have other health issues as well. Currently this works far better than Vicodin, or Darvocet. Those two did nothing for me with the pain, this at least takes the edge off, though. At times it does make me sleepy and drowzy at work.

September 26, 2011 5:02 AM

I have suffered from chronic joint pain my entire life. After trying almost every non narcoticoption there is, I finally was prescribed Tylenol #3. I had been given Vicodin in the past by an NP (despite not really wanting it), and had not found it to be effective. The codeine though has made a huge difference. I haven't had any of the negative effects with it (stomach pain, dizziness, etc) but have gotten a huge amount of pain relief. It isn't extremely strong, it won't take me from a 10 to a 0, but it will get me to a bearable 1 or 2.

June 13, 2011 2:56 PM

Review by Quorrah:

I was given this in the hospital after giving birth. It only dulled the pain. Still couldn't walk, turn over, etc. The sleepy side effect was good; it helped me relax.

May 10, 2011 5:56 PM

Review by laurie11:

Just took 1 300-30mg as a replacement for the Davorcet which was withdrawn recently. I used that sparingly and ran out a month ago. I have rheumatoid arthritis, "fibro", osteoarthritis among other health problems so I am in some sort of constant pain daily. My Doctor is very conservative about giving me prescription pain medicine so I am to cut in half and take no more than a grand total of 1 pill a day. Not sure he understands my pain but I have to follow his orders. I have to save this for my most severe days and when I absolutely have to get things done. Use Excedrin migraine and Advil on other days.

March 2, 2011 6:21 PM

Review by severe headache:

I have had a severe headache for 5 days and this medicine doesn't even scratch the surface of the pain.

December 28, 2010 5:23 PM

Review by lalalalala:

I was prescribed this for abdominal pain after having a baby. Keep in mind I have a very high pain tolerance, but this helped me a lot. I was in a pretty good amount of pain, and although it didn't take away all the pain, I was able to get up and take care of my newborn and 3 year old toddler. Also I have been breastfeeding and sometimes my newborn vomits. I'm not sure if it's the medicine or that she has just been drinking too fast

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2010 3:37 PM

I had oral surgery and my doctor prescribed me this and it didn't touch the pain at all.

July 17, 2010 2:36 AM