Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Excedrin Migraine

Learn more about Excedrin Migraine.

Excedrin Migraine review summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 87 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Excedrin Migraine to treat Migraine

Review by randibass (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I take this medication for, not only, migraines but also for toothaches and it works absolutely awesome!!! However, Do not take on a empty stomach.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 18, 2015 2:05 AM

Review by Migraine Sufferer :(:

I have gotten migraines since I was 3 and I would get mild headaches to intense migraines basically every day for a good 4 years. I tried everything and Excedrin Migraine works so well and fast! I actually just took some like 40 minutes ago and the pain has subsided enough to write this review! This medicine honestly changed my life!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 3, 2015 8:30 AM

Review by cathyheadaches:

I have occasional migraines and I can only get relief from Exedrin Migraine. I have also experienced the jittery or anxious symptoms people describe when taking it but only when I made the mistake of taking it on an empty stomach. As long as I take it with food it works wonders!!!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2014 3:12 PM

Review by paperflowers (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Excedrin has always worked for me, but lately its been giving me stomach pain and causing me to get light headed. The pain it causes is not worth it, especially if you have anxiety.

June 2, 2014 10:30 AM

Review by Wayneg:

The is the best product for really bad headaches and migraines (if you have migraines, you know the difference). Because of the shortage in 2011-2012 I now keep several 300 counts as extra stock. Can't be beat for relief!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 18, 2014 12:24 AM

Review by Troubled Teen:

I've had migraines about once a month for a couple years, sometimes more often. I'm a teenager, so when I would get my migraines I was physically unable to get out of bed, and would have to miss multiple days of school and make up work. Three months ago I went to my doctor because my previous medication wasn't working. She recommended Excedrin Migraine, and my grades have shot through the roof. I take Excedrin as soon as the vision halos set in, and after 20-45 of the halos, when the migraine would normally set in, instead of an excruciating headache, I get a minor tingling sensation in my head instead, which doesn't bother me at all, actually kind of feels nice. I would recommend Excedrin Migraine to anyone!

May 4, 2014 4:17 PM

Review by meekastinker (taken for less than 1 month):

Someone told me to try this and of course I did being that I pay $16 a pill for axert I took 2 at early warning signs -nothing slowed down - I took 1 more an hour later as the pain intensified - 4 hours in I took an axert - which works for me - however being that I waited so long to take it my body was completely destroyed- my head felt bruised for 2 days- I was exhausted

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 22, 2014 5:58 AM

Review by Mary Jane Garcia Jr.:

I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and this was the only thing that worked for me on a daily base. Not even the medications that the doctor prescribed to me helped one bit!

October 9, 2013 10:58 AM

Review by Mexgdl72:

The best and available over the counter.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2013 5:53 AM

Review by Not worth it for me - (taken for 10 years or more):

I can no longer take this medicine because it throws me into horrible anxiety attacks that mess with my blood pressure, make me dizzy, lightheaded and lethargic. Not to mention, an overall FEAR I am dying. These do get rid of the migraine for me but the effects are just not worth it. I used to be able to take it with no problem but not anymore. The anxiety, high blood pressure, and overall feeling of dying caused me to trash them so the temptation would not be there to subject myself to them anymore. I'm going to have to find another way of dealing with the headaches. Everyone is different, what their bodies can tolerate varies.

July 26, 2013 12:25 PM

Review by Excedrin Migraine (taken for less than 1 month):

The first time I took Excedrin Migraine I think I took too many because it didn't help my migraine! But the second time I took it I took one and it was gone...but then it came back again and I didn't take another one because it says to only take 2 in 24 hours and I wanted to wait. But I'm looking forward to buying a bottle & using it in the future. THANKS EXCEDRIN MIGRAINE!

March 25, 2013 9:56 PM

Review by Charleesmum (taken for 10 years or more):

I have been dealing with migraines and hormonal headaches for over 20 years. I've tried all the prescription medications which did nothing to alleviate the pain and nausea which usually lasted for 4-5 days for me. Excedrin Migraine has significantly improved my quality of life. I was devastated when it went off the market for almost a year. I find the new ones an improvement. I am so thrilled however I'm concerned that I may be taking too many which may cause liver damage. I take on average about 2-4 daily.

February 17, 2013 7:24 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

I have had migraines for almost 40 years. I have the type where I lose my central vision and have a halo effect for appx 45 minutes, then horrible pain sets in, and throw up for several hours. This will last for appx 8 hours, then the pain eases off and lingers for almost two days. I usually ended up at the hospital where I have had Demerol, Imitrex, etc, which did not work. One day I lost my vision, and tried Excedrin Migraine. This stopped the migraine cold. Never before had any medication even slightly reduced my pain and nausea. This was 14 years ago. I take two as soon as I start to lose my vision, wait until the halo effect subsides, then I can go about my day. Excedrin Migraine returned my life to me.

September 30, 2012 1:57 AM

Absolutely love this product when I have a migraine coming on.

May 10, 2012 5:28 PM

Review by Bob McKown:

I have tried all aspirin that are suppose to work on migraines. The only one that has worked (for me) has been Excedrin Migraine. They work great, as long as the instructions are followed. I've noticed most people don't including my wife. She suffers migraines once in a while, maybe 3 a year.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2012 3:42 PM

Today I took Excedrin migraine for the first time, it worked very well for the pain, it took it away completely but now I am in bed feeling with stomach pain, nausea and heartburn. I feel miserable, I've never had medication bother my stomach before. I don't have a sensitive stomach at all. It's amazing for killing the migraine but the stomach pain is not worth it. I normally take 800 mg of ibuprofen and a strong cup of coffee when I get a migraine and it works great for me but this time a friend asked me to try this so I did and it hasn't worked.

December 24, 2011 5:22 AM

My husband and I both use it. He gets migraines frequently and this is the only thing we've found (including prescription medicines) that is effective for him. I use it now when I get headaches, usually only 1 pill. It works for me every time also.

November 27, 2011 5:01 AM

I get migraines every month or two that are one sided, typically coinciding with my period, and usually after I drink. They aren't completely preventable with the drinking thing because a) they happen occasionally when I don't drink and b) I'm not going to stop drinking. Excederine Migraine is definitely the best medicine I've taken for them, but it doesn't come close to eliminating the pain completely. I've had migraines since I was about 10 or 11, and each one pretty much debilitates me for 24-36 hours, therefore I'm thinking of going for a prescription.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2011 2:49 PM

Review by carterbt3:

It does nothing for my migraines. Even when I first feel one coming on. Excedrin has little to no impact for me. If anything I feel worse because it irritates my stomach (even if taken with food).

July 28, 2011 9:31 PM

Best medicine ever for migraines.

July 6, 2011 5:23 PM

Review by Gman2000:

I have lived with migraine headaches for over 24 years. I did not know what to do with my head until I found a miracle 7 years ago. I am from the country where access to medication is not possible, so I had to learn how to leave with ongoing headache for several years. One day I was sitting in Lab with a female colleague and she saw me rubbing my head badly. She carried the pills, so she pulled out and gave me two. In 15 mins, I felt the most amazing relief I never had in 17 years. I totally depend on Excedrin Migraine pill for the last 7 years now. I feel stomach burning afterward, but that discomfort does not match the migraine headache. I take twice or three times a week.

May 25, 2011 8:28 PM

Review by IGE:

Execedrin Migraine works GREAT. I have experienced migraine headaches since age 14. I am now 23 and there has been no other over the counter medicine that has worked like Excedrin Migraine. The only thing that has me concerned/worried is that I don't know if it has or may have a long term effect. If anyone knows please post a comment. Other than that I love this medication and I have recommended to friends and anyone I know that has migraines and they even say it works! I can wake up with a migraine and feel confident that as soon as I take Excedrin Migraine the pain will start to minimize until it completely goes away and after the pain goes away I feel lots of energy and fully awake.

October 13, 2010 9:59 PM

Review by Hedie4me1:

9 times out of 10 Excedrin Migraine does the trick for me. I have used other OTC products and nothing gives me relief like Excedrin Migraine. I get very bad one-sided migraines and this is the only medicine that actually does what it promises. I get relief within the first 15 to 20 minutes. My doctor even gave me prescription Fioricet once and I was not NEARLY as effective as Excedrin Migraine. So I stopped taking it and went back to Excedrin Migraine.

October 3, 2010 12:07 AM

This is a great alternative to the costly prescription medicines. As long as the medication is taken right at the onset I have great outcomes.

September 1, 2010 9:19 PM

I have over 20 migraines a month, which can be very costly with Imitrex. If I catch my headache early enough Excedrin for Migraines will eliminate my migraine for 8-12 hours. It is tough on my stomach though, after years of fighting migraines with aspirin (before Imitrex came along.) Thank you Excedrin!

June 8, 2010 9:41 PM