User Reviews for Excedrin Migraine

Learn more about Excedrin Migraine.

Migraine 29 reviews 76 medications

7.5
Pain/Fever 0 reviews 72 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Excedrin Migraine reviews 29 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Excedrin Migraine

Review by meekastinker (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: Someone told me to try this and of course I did being that I pay $16 a pill for axert I took 2 at early warning signs -nothing slowed down - I took 1 more an hour later as the pain intensified - 4 hours in I took an axert - which works for me - however being that I waited so long to take it my body was completely destroyed- my head felt bruised for 2 days- I was exhausted

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 22, 2014 5:58 AM
Review by Mary Jane Garcia Jr.: User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and this was the only thing that worked for me on a daily base. Not even the medications that the doctor prescribed to me helped one bit!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 9, 2013 10:58 AM
Review by Mexgdl72: User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: The best and available over the counter.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 27, 2013 5:53 AM
Review by Not worth it for me - (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: I can no longer take this medicine because it throws me into horrible anxiety attacks that mess with my blood pressure, make me dizzy, lightheaded and lethargic. Not to mention, an overall FEAR I am dying. These do get rid of the migraine for me but the effects are just not worth it. I used to be able to take it with no problem but not anymore. The anxiety, high blood pressure, and overall feeling of dying caused me to trash them so the temptation would not be there to subject myself to them anymore. I'm going to have to find another way of dealing with the headaches. Everyone is different, what their bodies can tolerate varies.

July 26, 2013 12:25 PM
Review by Excedrin Migraine (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: The first time I took Excedrin Migraine I think I took too many because it didn't help my migraine! But the second time I took it I took one and it was gone...but then it came back again and I didn't take another one because it says to only take 2 in 24 hours and I wanted to wait. But I'm looking forward to buying a bottle & using it in the future. THANKS EXCEDRIN MIGRAINE!

March 25, 2013 9:56 PM
Review by Charleesmum (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: I have been dealing with migraines and hormonal headaches for over 20 years. I've tried all the prescription medications which did nothing to alleviate the pain and nausea which usually lasted for 4-5 days for me. Excedrin Migraine has significantly improved my quality of life. I was devastated when it went off the market for almost a year. I find the new ones an improvement. I am so thrilled however I'm concerned that I may be taking too many which may cause liver damage. I take on average about 2-4 daily.

February 17, 2013 7:24 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: I have had migraines for almost 40 years. I have the type where I lose my central vision and have a halo effect for appx 45 minutes, then horrible pain sets in, and throw up for several hours. This will last for appx 8 hours, then the pain eases off and lingers for almost two days. I usually ended up at the hospital where I have had Demerol, Imitrex, etc, which did not work. One day I lost my vision, and tried Excedrin Migraine. This stopped the migraine cold. Never before had any medication even slightly reduced my pain and nausea. This was 14 years ago. I take two as soon as I start to lose my vision, wait until the halo effect subsides, then I can go about my day. Excedrin Migraine returned my life to me.

September 30, 2012 1:57 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: Absolutely love this product when I have a migraine coming on.

May 10, 2012 5:28 PM
Review by Bob McKown: User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: I have tried all aspirin that are suppose to work on migraines. The only one that has worked (for me) has been Excedrin Migraine. They work great, as long as the instructions are followed. I've noticed most people don't including my wife. She suffers migraines once in a while, maybe 3 a year.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 4, 2012 3:42 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: Today I took Excedrin migraine for the first time, it worked very well for the pain, it took it away completely but now I am in bed feeling with stomach pain, nausea and heartburn. I feel miserable, I've never had medication bother my stomach before. I don't have a sensitive stomach at all. It's amazing for killing the migraine but the stomach pain is not worth it. I normally take 800 mg of ibuprofen and a strong cup of coffee when I get a migraine and it works great for me but this time a friend asked me to try this so I did and it hasn't worked.

December 24, 2011 5:22 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: My husband and I both use it. He gets migraines frequently and this is the only thing we've found (including prescription medicines) that is effective for him. I use it now when I get headaches, usually only 1 pill. It works for me every time also.

November 27, 2011 5:01 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: I get migraines every month or two that are one sided, typically coinciding with my period, and usually after I drink. They aren't completely preventable with the drinking thing because a) they happen occasionally when I don't drink and b) I'm not going to stop drinking. Excederine Migraine is definitely the best medicine I've taken for them, but it doesn't come close to eliminating the pain completely. I've had migraines since I was about 10 or 11, and each one pretty much debilitates me for 24-36 hours, therefore I'm thinking of going for a prescription.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 20, 2011 2:49 PM
Review by carterbt3: User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: It does nothing for my migraines. Even when I first feel one coming on. Excedrin has little to no impact for me. If anything I feel worse because it irritates my stomach (even if taken with food).

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 28, 2011 9:31 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: Best medicine ever for migraines.

July 6, 2011 5:23 PM
Review by Gman2000: User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: I have lived with migraine headaches for over 24 years. I did not know what to do with my head until I found a miracle 7 years ago. I am from the country where access to medication is not possible, so I had to learn how to leave with ongoing headache for several years. One day I was sitting in Lab with a female colleague and she saw me rubbing my head badly. She carried the pills, so she pulled out and gave me two. In 15 mins, I felt the most amazing relief I never had in 17 years. I totally depend on Excedrin Migraine pill for the last 7 years now. I feel stomach burning afterward, but that discomfort does not match the migraine headache. I take twice or three times a week.

May 25, 2011 8:28 PM
Review by IGE: User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: Execedrin Migraine works GREAT. I have experienced migraine headaches since age 14. I am now 23 and there has been no other over the counter medicine that has worked like Excedrin Migraine. The only thing that has me concerned/worried is that I don't know if it has or may have a long term effect. If anyone knows please post a comment. Other than that I love this medication and I have recommended to friends and anyone I know that has migraines and they even say it works! I can wake up with a migraine and feel confident that as soon as I take Excedrin Migraine the pain will start to minimize until it completely goes away and after the pain goes away I feel lots of energy and fully awake.

October 13, 2010 9:59 PM
Review by Hedie4me1: User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: 9 times out of 10 Excedrin Migraine does the trick for me. I have used other OTC products and nothing gives me relief like Excedrin Migraine. I get very bad one-sided migraines and this is the only medicine that actually does what it promises. I get relief within the first 15 to 20 minutes. My doctor even gave me prescription Fioricet once and I was not NEARLY as effective as Excedrin Migraine. So I stopped taking it and went back to Excedrin Migraine.

October 3, 2010 12:07 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: This is a great alternative to the costly prescription medicines. As long as the medication is taken right at the onset I have great outcomes.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 1, 2010 9:19 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: I have over 20 migraines a month, which can be very costly with Imitrex. If I catch my headache early enough Excedrin for Migraines will eliminate my migraine for 8-12 hours. It is tough on my stomach though, after years of fighting migraines with aspirin (before Imitrex came along.) Thank you Excedrin!

June 8, 2010 9:41 PM
Review by LindseyBMoss: User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: Most people who have been diagnosed by a doctor will tell you a migraine is SO MUCH MORE than a bad headache. I have suffered from migraines most of my life. I tend to get them once every 2 weeks depending on my sleep and eating habits a. Unfortunately, Excedrin Migraine just doesn't work for me. I know a lot of people have had a good experience with it but certain prescription drugs are the only thing that will help my migraines. I am currently on Relpax and it does make me feel groggy but it is WELL WORTH it! When I get a migraine I tend to get fuzzy vision, high sensitivity to smell and light, pain behind my eyes, sometimes vomiting and numbness in my fingers.

April 8, 2010 12:57 PM
Review by Childhood sufferer: User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: I have had migraines since I was a child. And not until I became an adult did I discover Excedrin Migraine. I've take a combination of prescription medicines over the years and nothing compares. Prescription medicines may take away some pain but it's still there along with strange side effects. Excedrin on the other hand after 15 to 25 minutes my migraine is gone completely.

March 7, 2010 9:48 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: I'm a 25 year old male who has suffered severe migraines since I was about 13. I get them on average once every 1-2 months. I've tried many different OTC medications for all forms of pain relief and nothing at all even makes a dent, so much so, I rarely took any form of pain relief medication for a long time. A couple of years ago I discovered Excedrin Migraine and gave it a shot. I can honestly say these pills are pure magic for me. I take them for migraines, and occasionally other forms of pain, and it makes me feel like a million bucks. It doesn't just numb the pain or make it tolerable, for me it completely erases it like I never had any pain to begin with. Not only that they also make me feel up-beat, alert and happy.

March 1, 2010 2:36 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: Like all medications I've ever taken, I followed the directions exactly ("take 2 caplets with a glass of water") and the product worked great, with no side effects. With regard to those complaining that the product was ineffective or gave you bad side effects, PLEASE read the following. Although Excedrin Migraine and Excedrin Extra Strength are the exact same product, it is vitally important to follow the Excedrin Migraine directions if you are taking the pills for a migraine, NOT the directions for Extra Strength Excedrin! Here's why. Many people have incorrectly assumed that because the two products are exactly the same, which they indeed are, that the directions are also the same. THIS IS COMPLETELY FALSE. The reason that there is a separate product solely for migraines, and the FDA approved it solely for migraine use only, is because the amount you take for migraines is completely different than for general pain relief, including "regular" headaches. The reason Excedrin Migraine instructs you to take only 2 pills in 24 hours (vs 8 pills in 24 hours for Extra Strength Excedrin) is because taking more than 2 pills in 24 hours (for a migraine) is likely to cause rebound migraines for many people. In other words, taking more pills than the directions tell you to will make your migraine problem worse! You will note on the Excedrin Migraine package that the ONLY use for the product is "treats migraines." Think about that! The directions match that one usage and this is the reason the FDA approved the product. So if you have migraines and want to buy Extra Strength Excedrin, instead of Excedrin Migraine, that's totally fine, but be sure to follow the Excedrin Migraine directions! If you're taking the product for migraines and you take more than 2 pills in 24 hours, you can definitely except to experience the bad side effects that many people have talked about on this site! And keep in mind that although you should NEVER take more than 2 pills in 24 hours (if your using it for migraines), that doesn't mean you can't take just 1 pill in 24 hours. For some people, just 1 pill will get rid of your migraine. If 1 pill isn't working for you, then you can always take another one during each 24 hours. So less is fine, but more is a huge mistake. I hope I've made my point. Review sites in general tend to attract people who have bad things to say about a product. People who have a good experience with a product are much less likely to post their comments on a site like this. Why? Because angry people want to vent. This is not to say that some people who complain are insincere or haven't followed the directions of the product. There are always going to be people who a product just doesn't work for. But most people who properly follow the directions will not have bad results. Also, for migraines specifically, finding a product that truly gets rid of them can be very difficult for many people. It's trial and error. If one product doesn't work, you try another until you hopefully find one that does the trick. So a product not getting rid of your migraines is one thing, but having painful or uncomfortable side effects is another. Follow the directions and you most likely will never have the bad side effects. Whether it works to get rid of your migraine is a coin toss, but at least you won't have the bad side effects in most cases. I hope this helped. Good luck to all migraine sufferers. I know how awful they are.

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 21, 2010 11:00 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: Excedrin Migraine is the only OTC medicine that relieves my migraines. It works so well and quickly that I keep a bottle at home, in my purse and at work. I cannot be without it. It does make me mildly shake at times, but that's nothing compared to the headaches.

December 8, 2009 9:11 PM
Review by Pain in the Head..: User Rating:

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: Having suffered migraines for many, many years I was without my medication and found one coming on. I stopped in the airport gift store and found some Excedrin. It was a life saver. IF taken EARLY...and will save a lot of money from my higher priced remedy.

November 2, 2009 10:56 AM