My doctor says I can take Xarelto in the morning. Why do instructions say evening?

Because the manufacturer has found that taking it with the evening meal is the best time to take it.

WF_Mitchell 7 Aug 2013

Actually the manufacturer (J&J) only submitted the drug taken with the evening meal to the FDA for expediency sake. It has nothing to do with the drug's efficacy for other times of day.

My doctor says it's also out of safetymesures: the first nine hours you are even more vulnerable to exceeded bleedings if you should have an accident. When you take it before going to bed, the risk is smaller. So I always take it at 10PM.

WF_Mitchell 8 Aug 2013

Do you take it with food at 10PM?

jufAnn 8 Aug 2013

No, just a little water and never had any discomfort.