Xarelto guide says to take it with evening meal; nurse said any time is ok. who is right?

My directions in my reference says evening meal, so I'm going to go with saying that is correct.

The nurse is definitely wrong.

The information that comes with the packaging is what is approved by the FDA when they approved the drug. There is a reason why they tell you to take the medication with your evening meal. The manufacturer has tested the drug extensively that way and that is how it was submitted to and approved by the FDA for doctors to prescribe to the public.