Can you take Bactrim Ds if your allergic to penicillin?

Yes, Bactrim DS is a sulfonamide .
It contains sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. It is in no way related to Penicillin. It is safe to take if you are allergic to Penicillin.

juliearms 9 Aug 2009

Thank you Suzanne.

Has anyone with a penicillin allergy taken cefprozil and has a severe allergic reaction?

My daughter is allergic to pennicillin and was proscribed cefprozil and I am freaking out about giving it to her. She injured her foot at the ...

What antibiotic can I use if i'm allergyc to rovamycine, penicillin and bactrim?

i'm dealing with an abcessed tooth and i've been advised to take amoxicillin for the infection and swelling but i have an allergy history ...

I am allergic to kefflix, sulfa, bactrim, and penicillin, what antibiotic is safe for me to take?

For my sore throat and ear infection?

Can you take Bactrim Ds if you allergic reactions to other antibiotics??

I am allergic to the Amoxi and Penicillin family?? I have only used one antibiotic cause of how many reactions i have had.

Would it be advisable to have the flu vaccine since had Stevens Johnson Syndrome 1 yr ago?

Hospitalized with Stevens Johnson Syndrome acquired from taking Bactrim for sinus infection. Also, NOW very allergic to penicillin. Drs differ in ...