Can you take Bactrim DS if you're allergic to penicillin?

Yes, Bactrim DS is a sulfonamide .
It contains sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. It is in no way related to Penicillin. It is safe to take if you are allergic to Penicillin.

juliearms 9 Aug 2009

Thank you Suzanne.

What antibiotic can I use if i'm allergyc to rovamycine, penicillin and bactrim?

i'm dealing with an abcessed tooth and i've been advised to take amoxicillin for the infection and swelling but i have an allergy history ...

Can you take Bactrim Ds if you allergic reactions to other antibiotics??

I am allergic to the Amoxi and Penicillin family?? I have only used one antibiotic cause of how many reactions i have had.

Would it be advisable to have the flu vaccine since had Stevens Johnson Syndrome 1 yr ago?

Hospitalized with Stevens Johnson Syndrome acquired from taking Bactrim for sinus infection. Also, NOW very allergic to penicillin. Drs differ in ...

If I am taking penicillin, can I share a cigarette with someone who is allergic to it?

I am currently taking penicillin for tonsillitis and glandular fever. My girlfriend is allergic to penicillin, we share a cigarette sometimes. Can we ...

Clarification needed...husband allergic to rocephin shot at 25...what about penicillin?

My husband was about 25 and got a rocephin injection for an abscess. He now refuses to take anything with "in" at the end of it. I am far ...