Can you take Bactrim DS if you're allergic to penicillin?

Yes, Bactrim DS is a sulfonamide .
It contains sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. It is in no way related to Penicillin. It is safe to take if you are allergic to Penicillin.

juliearms 9 Aug 2009

Thank you Suzanne.

What antibiotic can I use if i'm allergyc to rovamycine, penicillin and bactrim?

i'm dealing with an abcessed tooth and i've been advised to take amoxicillin for the infection and swelling but i have an allergy history ...

Would it be advisable to have the flu vaccine since had Stevens Johnson Syndrome 1 yr ago?

Hospitalized with Stevens Johnson Syndrome acquired from taking Bactrim for sinus infection. Also, NOW very allergic to penicillin. Drs differ in ...

If I am taking penicillin, can I share a cigarette with someone who is allergic to it?

I am currently taking penicillin for tonsillitis and glandular fever. My girlfriend is allergic to penicillin, we share a cigarette sometimes. Can we ...

Does nitrofurantoin mono- mcr 100 mg have penicillin? ??

My friend was given these pills for uti but I wanted to know i if its a penicillin??? For me to take because I'm allergic..