Step 4: Read and complete the decision guide to learn more about your symptoms.
Unexplained Weight Gain in Children
Does your child do any of the following?
- Drink more than four to eight ounces of juice each day
- Drink sugary drinks, such as soda or punch
- Drink more than 24 ounces of milk a day (and/or sweeten it)
- Snack often
- Eat a lot of refined carbohydrates, such as cookies, crackers, white bread, or pasta
- Eat less than five servings of fruits and vegetables each day
- Have large portions at meals, or repeated small portions at the same meal
- Skip breakfast
- Eat fast food more than once a month
- Eat "junk food," such as potato chips, often
- Eat candy often
- Eat fried food often