Step 4: Read and complete the decision guide to learn more about your symptoms.
Unexplained Weight Gain in Children
Lack of exercise may be contributing to your child's weight gain. It's very important for your child's health that he or she gets more exercise.
Joining a sports team, dance class, or martial arts studio can be a way of getting some exercise -- and making new friends.
There are lots of other ways to get exercise. Here are just a few ideas:
- Instead of watching television, play outside; have jump ropes, hula-hoops, and different sized balls available to make playing outside more fun
- Join a local health club or YMCA, and take advantage of family swim, open gym, classes, or any other activities available for children
- Go for walks together (play I Spy or other games to pass the time)
- Ride bikes, roller skate, or ice skate (always with a helmet!)
- Turn on the music and dance!