Step 4: Read and complete the decision guide to learn more about your symptoms.
Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy
Okay. Let's review your answers. You have new nausea and vomiting without fever, headache, or abdominal pain. And you don't have the spinning sensation or imbalance that occurs with vertigo.
Gastroenteritis, commonly called stomach flu, is another common cause of nausea and vomiting. It is often accompanied by diarrhea.
Gastroenteritis usually gets better without any specific treatment. You need to be sure you drink enough fluids to stay hydrated.
If you develop repeated vomiting or severe diarrhea, call your doctor, nurse, or midwife for advice now, or go to urgent care or an emergency department because you may need intravenous fluids.
- General Health
- Birth Control (Contraception) for Women
- Blacking Out, Fainting, or Loss of Consciousness
- Blood Magnesium Test
- Daytime Drowsiness
- Diffuse Muscle Weakness
- Diffuse Pain
- Excessive Body and Facial Hair in Women
- Fever in Adults
- Forgetfulness Memory Loss
- Helping Dry Skin
- Hot Flashes
- Insomnia During Pregnancy
- Itching Without Rash
- Jaundice in Adults
- Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy
- Numbness or Tingling
- Positive ANA
- Positive Rheumatoid Factor
- Unexplained Weight Gain
- Unintentional Weight Loss
- Start over