Step 4: Read and complete the decision guide to learn more about your symptoms.
Some events can cause symptoms that are fairly similar to a hot flash. Examples are:
- Near-fainting (pre-syncope)
- Panic attack
- Overactive thyroid
- Reaction to alcoholic drinks
- Release of chemicals from an adrenal gland tumor or a carcinoid type tumor
- Medicine side effects from antidepressants, migraine medicines, breast cancer treatments, osteoporosis medicines, or the vitamin niacin
- Rosacea (a facial rash)
- Heat exhaustion or heat stroke
- Allergic reaction
Symptoms of feeling hot or sweaty are sometimes symptoms of a serious medical problem. Call your doctor's office for advice.
Please provide feedback to help us improve the Drugs.com Symptom Checker.