Cytoxin is a common misspelling of Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide).
What is Cytoxan (Cytoxin)?
Cytoxan (Cytoxin) is an antineoplastic medicine. It works by stopping or slowing the growth of malignant cells. Cytoxan (Cytoxin) may be used alone but is often given with other anticancer medications.
Cytoxan (Cytoxin) is used to treat certain types of the following cancers:
- Breast cancer
- Leukemias (cancers affecting the white blood cells)
- Malignant lymphomas (Hodgkin's disease or cancer of the lymph nodes)
- Multiple myeloma (a malignant condition or cancer of the plasma cells)
- Advanced mycosis fungoides (cancer of the skin and lymph nodes)
- Neuroblastoma (a malignant tumor of the adrenal gland or sympathetic nervous system)
- Ovarian cancer (adenocarcinoma)
- Retinoblastoma (a malignant tumor of the retina)
Click for more information on Cytoxin (Cytoxan)