Tizanidine FDA Alerts
The FDA Alerts below may be specifically about tizanidine or relate to a group or class of drugs which include tizanidine.
MedWatch Safety Alerts are distributed by the FDA and published by Drugs.com. Following is a list of possible medication recalls, market withdrawals, alerts and warnings.
Recent FDA Alerts for tizanidine
Zanaflex (tizanidine hydrochloride) Tablets and Capsules[Posted 04/11/2007] Acorda Therapeutics and FDA informed healthcare professionals of changes to the CONTRAINDICATIONS and WARNINGS Sections of the product labeling for Zanaflex, a drug used to treat spasticity. In pharmacokinetic studies where tizanidine was coadministered with either fluvoxamine or ciprofloxacin (CYP1A2 inhibitors), the serum concentration of tizanidine was significantly increased and potentiated its hypotensive and sedative effects. Although there are no clinical studies evaluating the effects of other CYP1A2 inhibitors on tizanidine, coadministration of tizanidine with other CYP1A2 inhibitors (zileuton, other fluroquinolones, antiarrythmics, cimetidine, famotidine, oral contraceptives, acyclovir and ticlopidine) should be avoided.
[March 27, 2007 - Letter - Acorda Therapeutics]
More tizanidine Resources
- Tizanidine Consumer Information
- Comfort Pac w/Tizanidine Advanced Consumer Information
- Zanaflex Capsule Advanced Consumer Information
- Tizanidine Advanced Consumer Information
- TiZANidine AHFS DI Monograph
- Tizanidine Prescribing Information
- Tizanidine Capsules Prescribing Information
- TiZANidine A-Z Drug Facts