aminophylline FDA Alerts
The FDA Alert(s) below may be specifically about aminophylline or relate to a group or class of drugs which include aminophylline.
MedWatch Safety Alerts are distributed by the FDA and published by Drugs.com. Following is a list of possible medication recalls, market withdrawals, alerts and warnings. For the latest FDA MedWatch alerts, go here.
Recent FDA Alert(s) for aminophylline
Olympia Pharmacy Sterile Compounded Products: Recall - Concerns About Sterility Assurance
May 30, 2013
ISSUE: Lowlite Investments d/b/a Olympia Pharmacy ("Lowlite") notified the public of a voluntary multi-state recall of all sterile drug products compounded by the pharmacy that have not reached the expiration date listed on the product. The recall is being initiated due to concerns associated with prior quality control procedures that impacted sterility assurance. In the event a sterile product is compromised patients are at risk for serious and possible life threatening infections.
The recall includes all sterile products that Olympia Pharmacy supplied to patients and offices of licensed medical professionals with a use by date of 09/25/2013 or earlier. Olympia Pharmacy will be notifying customers by phone, fax, or mail to return the products to the pharmacy.
BACKGROUND: To date, Lowlite has received no reports of injury or illness associated with the use of the affected products.
RECOMMENDATION: Consumers or health care providers with questions regarding this recall may contact Lowlite by phone at 888-323-7788 or 407-673-2222 from the hours of 9:00AM- 6:00PM Eastern Daylight Time Monday through Friday, or at the following e-mail address: Brian@olympiapharmacy.com. Patients who have received any product furnished by Lowlite and have concerns should contact their healthcare provider.
Healthcare professionals and patients are encouraged to report adverse events or side effects related to the use of these products to the FDA's MedWatch Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program:
- Complete and submit the report Online: www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/medwatch/index.cfm
- Download form or call 1-800-332-1088 to request a reporting form, then complete and return to the address on the pre-addressed form, or submit by fax to 1-800-FDA-0178
More aminophylline Resources
- Aminophylline injection Consumer Information
- Aminophylline Consumer Information
- Norphyl Advanced Consumer Information
- Quibron-T Advanced Consumer Information
- Aminophylline Advanced Consumer Information
- Aminophylline Intravenous Advanced Consumer Information
- Aminophylline Injection Prescribing Information
- Aminophylline Oral Solution Prescribing Information
- Aminophylline Tablets Prescribing Information
- Aminophylline A-Z Drug Facts