Trypan Blue 0.15% Ophthalmic Solution
Last Updated: June 1, 2015
Products Affected - Description
Trypan Blue Ophthalmic Solution
Reason for the Shortage
- Dutch Ophthalmic had MembraneBlue on shortage due to difficulty in obtaining raw materials.
- There are no other manufacturers of trypan blue.
- Dutch Ophthalmic has VisionBlue 0.06% ophthalmic solution available (NDC 68803-0612-10). VisionBlue is used as an adjunct in cataract surgery.
MembraneBlue, Dutch Ophthalmic USA
0.15% solution, 0.5 mL, 5 count (NDC 68803-0672-05)
Estimated Resupply Dates
All presentations are currently available.
- Acetylcholine Chloride Powder for Intraocular Solution — Current
- Becaplermin Gel — Resolved
- Boceprevir Capsules — No Longer Available
- Cardioplegic Solution for Cardiac Perfusion — Current
- Castor Oil, Balsam Peru, and Trypsin Topical Products — No Longer Available
- Chloroquine Tablets — Current
- Dexpanthenol Injection — Current
- Diatrizoate Meglumine 66% and Diatrizoate Sodium 10% — Resolved
- Erythromycin Ethylsuccinate and Sulfisoxazole Oral Suspension — No Longer Available
- Ezetimibe and Atorvastatin Tablets — No Longer Available
- Fluticasone/Salmeterol Inhalation Aerosol (Advair HFA) — Resolved
- Gabapentin Enacarbil Extended Release Tablets — Resolved
- Gadoteridol Injection — Current
- Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate Tablets — Resolved
- Iopamidol Injection — Resolved
- Levothyroxine (Levothroid) Oral Tablets — No Longer Available
- Otic Unapproved Prescription Preparations Containing Benzocaine or Chloroxylenol — No Longer Available
- Prenatal Multivitamins with Minerals — No Longer Available
- Rifampin and Isoniazid Capsules — Resolved
- Warfarin for Injection — No Longer Available
June 1, May 4, April 3, January 23, 2015; November 21, 2014, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2015, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.