TriHIBit – Diphtheria, Tetanus Toxoid, and Acellular Pertussis with Haemophilus b Conjugate Vaccine (DTaP with Haemophilus b Conjugate)
Last Updated: April 8, 2011
Products Affected - Description
TriHIBit Vaccine, Sanofi Pasteur
0.6 mL single-dose vial of Tripedia plus 1 single-dose vial of ActHIB (lyophilized haemophilus b vaccine), package of 5 of each vial (NDC 49281-0597-05) – discontinued
Reason for the Shortage
Sanofi Pasteur discontinued their Tripedia and TriHIBit vaccines in 2011.
Estimated Resupply Dates
Sanofi Pasteur discontinued TriHIBit vaccine and Tripedia vaccine, a component of TriHIBit. Supplies of TriHIBit are no longer available.
Alternative Agents & Management
- DTaP and Tdap vaccines both contain diphtheria, tetanus toxoid, and acellular pertussis. DTaP and DTaP combination vaccines are recommended for use in infants and children under 7 years of age. Tdap vaccines (eg, Adacel, Boostrix) are recommended for use in adolescents and adults 10 to 64 years of age.
- Sanofi Pasteur has available ActHIB lyophilized vaccine (NDC 49281-0545-05) and Pentacel vaccine (NDC 49281-0510-05). ActHIB lyophilized vaccine is haemophilus b conjugate vaccine and Pentacel is DTaP and inactivated poliovirus vaccine combined with haemophilus b conjugate vaccine.
- There are no available combination vaccines containing only DTaP and haemophilus b conjugate.
- Diphtheria, Tetanus Toxoid, and Acellular Pertussis and Inactivated Poliovirus and Haemophilus B Conjugate Vaccine (DTaP - IPV/Hib) — Current
- Diphtheria, Tetanus Toxoid, and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine (DTaP) — Current
- Tetanus Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria Toxoid and Acellular Pertussis (Tdap) Vaccine — Resolved
April 8, 2011, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2011, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.