Tinzaparin Sodium Injection
Last Updated: July 1, 2011
Products Affected - Description
Innohep, 20,000 units/mL, LEO Pharma
2 mL vial, package of 1 (NDC 50222-0342-08) - discontinued
2 mL vial, package of 10 (NDC 50222-0342-53) - discontinued
Reason for the Shortage
- LEO Pharma recalled all lots of Innohep due to the presence of particulate matter found in the injection solution.
- LEO Pharma discontinued marketing all Innohep presentations after the recall due to low usage of the products in the US.
Estimated Resupply Dates
LEO Pharma has discontinued all Innohep injections.
- Enoxaparin Injection — Resolved
- Heparin Premixed Bags — Resolved
- Heparin Sodium (Beef) injection — No Longer Available
July 1, 2011; June 2, 2011; April 26, 2011; March 18, 2011, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2011, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.