Tetanus Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria Toxoid and Acellular Pertussis (Tdap) Vaccine
Last Updated: July 28, 2015
Products Affected - Description
There are no products affected.
Reason for the Shortage
- These products are also known as adult tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccines.
- Sanofi-Pasteur has Adacel vials in short supply due to increased demand.
- Sanofi-Pasteur updated the NDC numbers on the individual vials and syringes (unit of use). The NDC numbers on the outside cartons (unit of sale) remain the same.
- Adult Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids Adsorbed (Td) (Tenivac, Sanofi-Pasteur) is not affected by this shortage.
Adacel Vaccine, Sanofi-Pasteur
0.5 mL, single dose syringes, package of 10 (NDC 49281-0400-15)
0.5 mL, single dose syringes, 10 count (NDC 58160-0842-52)
Estimated Resupply Dates
All presentations are available.
- Diphtheria, Tetanus Toxoid, and Acellular Pertussis and Inactivated Poliovirus and Haemophilus B Conjugate Vaccine (DTaP - IPV/Hib) — Current
- Diphtheria, Tetanus Toxoid, and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine (DTaP) — Current
- TriHIBit – Diphtheria, Tetanus Toxoid, and Acellular Pertussis with Haemophilus b Conjugate Vaccine (DTaP with Haemophilus b Conjugate) — No Longer Available
July 28, May 20, 2015, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2015, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.