Phytonadione (Vitamin K) Injection
Last Updated: November 19, 2015
Products Affected - Description
Reason for the Shortage
- Amphastar had vitamin K injection on shortage due to increased demand for the product.
- Oral vitamin K is not affected by this shortage.
Vitamin K injection, Amphastar
2 mg/mL, 0.5 mL SAF-T-JET prefilled syringe, 10 count (NDC 76329-1240-01)
2 mg/mL, 0.5 mL ampule, 25 count (NDC 00409-9157-01)
Estimated Resupply Dates
Amphastar and Hospira have Vitamin K injection available.
- Avoid off-label oral administration of injectable Vitamin K during the shortage.
- Vitamin K from Amphastar contains polysorbate 80 and propylene glycol.
- Vitamin K from Hospira contains benzyl alcohol. The product labeling states there is no evidence to suggest toxicity of benzyl alcohol if used as recommended.
November 19, September 18, August 12, June 29, 2015, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2015, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.