Penicillin G Sodium Injection
Last Updated: June 29, 2011
Products Affected - Description
Penicillin G sodium, 5 million unit vials, Sandoz
Reason for the Shortage
- Sandoz could not provide a reason for the shortage.
- Penicillin G potassium injection products are available and not affected by this shortage.
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Sandoz has available penicillin G sodium injection 5 million unit vials (NDC 00781-6153-95).
- Sandoz has available penicillin G potassium in 5 million unit vials (NDC 00781-6135-95) and 20 million unit vials (NDC 00781-6136-94).
- APP has penicillin G potassium 5 million unit vials (NDC 63323-0323-20) available for direct order or drop shipment (expiry November 2011).
- Baxter has available frozen bags of penicillin G potassium in 1 million unit (NDC 00338-1021-41), 2 million unit (NDC 00338-1023-41), and 3 million unit (NDC 00338-1025-41) sizes.
- Pfizer has available Pfizerpen in 5 million unit vials (NDC 00049-0520-83) and 20 million unit vials (NDC 00049-0530-28).
June 29, 2011; June 1, 2011, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2011, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.