Melphalan Injection and Tablets
Last Updated: May 17, 2011
Products Affected - Description
Alkeran Tablets and Injection, ApoPharma
Reason for the Shortage
- ApoPharma acquired Alkeran from GlaxoSmithKline in October 2010 and had product on shortage during the transition period. ApoPharma is still waiting for licenses in some states. ApoPharma customer service at 1-866-931-0740 is available to help with obtaining product.
- Bioniche could not provide a reason for the shortage.
- Bedford has not launched melphalan injection at this time.
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Bioniche has melphalan 50 mg injection (NDC 67470-0195-01) available.
- ApoPharma has available Alkeran 50 mg injection (NDC 00173-0130-03) and 2 mg tablets (NDC 00173-0045-35).
- Ivermectin Tablets — Resolved
- Mebendazole Tablets — No Longer Available
- Praziquantel Tablets — Resolved
May 17, 2011; April 6, 2011; March 7, 2011; February 10, 2011; December 27, 2010; December 15, 2010; November 29, 2010, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2011, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.