Isradipine Oral Presentations
Last Updated: August 22, 2012
Products Affected - Description
Dynacirc CR, GSK
5 mg extended-release tablets, 30 count (NDC 00173-0784-01) - discontinued
10 mg extended-release tablets, 30 count (NDC 00173-0785-01) - discontinued
Reason for the Shortage
- Novartis voluntarily suspended all manufacturing and distribution from its Lincoln, Nebraska facility in early-January 2012 due to a potential for mixing of different products within a single bottle. Novartis is gradually resuming manufacturing at this facility after manufacturing improvements were implemented.
- GlaxoSmithKline’s Dynacirc CR tablets are manufactured at the Lincoln, Nebraska plant and are affected by this manufacturing suspension. The majority of medications made at this facility were over the counter products. However, some prescription products were affected including contracted items from other companies.
- The immediate release presentations are supplied by Watson Labs.
Isradipine, Watson Labs
2.5 mg capsules, 100 count (NDC 16252-0539-01)
5 mg capsules, 100 count (NDC 16252-0540-01)
Estimated Resupply Dates
- GlaxoSmithKline discontinued Dynacirc CR 5 mg and 10 mg tablets on August 6, 2012.
- All other presentations are available.
- Diltiazem Injection — Current
- Nicardipine Hydrochloride Injection — Resolved
- Nimodipine Capsules — Resolved
- Verapamil Extended Release Tablets — No Longer Available
- Verapamil Injection — Resolved
August 22, 2012; June 20, 2012; April 20, 2012; March 13, 2012, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2012, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.