Gatifloxacin 0.3% Ophthalmic Solution
Last Updated: March 9, 2011
Products Affected - Description
Zymar 0.3% Ophthalmic Solution, Allergan
5 mL fill in a 10 mL bottle (NDC 00023-9218-05) – discontinued
Reason for the Shortage
- Allergan has discontinued Zymar 0.3% ophthalmic solution as of February 28, 2011.
- There are no other manufacturers of gatifloxacin 0.3% ophthalmic solution.
Estimated Resupply Dates
Allergan has discontinued Zymar 0.3% ophthalmic solution. The company has available Zymaxid (gatifloxacin 0.5% ophthalmic solution) in a 2.5 mL presentation (NDC 00023-3615-25).
- Bacitracin zinc/Polymyxin B (Polysporin) powder — Resolved
- Bacitracin/Polymyxin B Powder — Resolved
- Neomycin Oral Solution — No Longer Available
- Tobramycin Injection — Current
March 9, 2011, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2011, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.