Arginine 10% Injection
Last Updated: November 16, 2011
Products Affected - Description
No presentations on shortage.
Reason for the Shortage
- Pfizer had R-Gene 10 on back order due to manufacturing delays.
- There are no other manufacturers of arginine 10% injection.
R-Gene 10 injection, Pfizer
0.1 gram/mL, 300 mL fill in 500 mL container (NDC 00009-0436-24)
Estimated Resupply Dates
Pfizer has R-Gene 10 available.
Implications for Patient Care
Reserve R-Gene 10 for management of acute hyperammonemia in patients with disorders of the urea cycle.
- Fluorescein sodium injection — Resolved
- Lissamine Green Ophthalmic Strips — Resolved — No Commercially Available Preparations
- Technetium Tc99m Albumin Aggregated Injection — Resolved
- Technetium Tc99m Generators — Resolved
- Thyrotropin Alfa — Resolved
November 16, 2011; November 11, 2011; November 2, 2011, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2011, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.