Generic Name: Collagen/Lidocaine With Aloe Gel (KOL uh juhn/LYE doe kane/AL oh)
Brand Name: Regenecare
Uses of Regenecare:
- It is used to promote healing of skin ulcers and wounds.
- It is used to treat burns.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Regenecare?
- If you are allergic to Regenecare (collagen/lidocaine with aloe gel); any part of Regenecare (collagen/lidocaine with aloe gel); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Regenecare (collagen/lidocaine with aloe gel) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Regenecare?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Regenecare (collagen/lidocaine with aloe gel). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- If you have a skin infection. Talk with your doctor.
- Do not scratch or rub the skin while it is numb. Do not let it get very hot or very cold.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Regenecare (collagen/lidocaine with aloe gel) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Regenecare) best taken?
Use Regenecare (collagen/lidocaine with aloe gel) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take Regenecare (collagen/lidocaine with aloe gel) by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Cover the wound with a clean dressing.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of skin infection like oozing, heat, swelling, redness, or pain.
- Very bad skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of Regenecare?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Skin irritation.
- Numb skin.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Regenecare?
- Store at room temperature.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Regenecare (collagen/lidocaine with aloe gel), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.