Ony-Clear Side Effects
Generic Name: miconazole topical
Note: This page contains side effects data for the generic drug miconazole topical. It is possible that some of the dosage forms included below may not apply to the brand name Ony-Clear.
It is possible that some side effects of Ony-Clear may not have been reported. These can be reported to the FDA here. Always consult a healthcare professional for medical advice.
For the Consumer
Applies to miconazole topical: topical cream, topical gel/jelly, topical kit, topical lotion, topical ointment, topical powder, topical spray, topical tablet effervescent, topical tincture
Other dosage forms:
As well as its needed effects, miconazole topical (the active ingredient contained in Ony-Clear) may cause unwanted side effects that require medical attention.
If any of the following side effects occur while taking miconazole topical, check with your doctor or nurse as soon as possible:
- Blistering, burning, redness, skin rash, or other sign of skin irritation not present before use of this medicine
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to miconazole topical: compounding powder, topical cream, topical gel, topical liquid, topical lotion, topical ointment, topical powder, topical spray, topical tincture, vaginal cream, vaginal cream with applicator, vaginal kit, vaginal suppository, vaginal tampon
Local side effects have been reported frequently with topical miconazole therapy. When administered intravaginally or topically, itching, burning and rash have been reported. Contact dermatitis, confirmed by patch testing, has been reported.[Ref]
Nervous system side effects have rarely included headache.[Ref]
Genitourinary side effects have included cramping, pain, and bleeding with the intravaginal use of miconazole.[Ref]
1. Tanenbaum L, Anderson C, Rosenberg MJ, Akers W "1% sulconazole cream v 2% miconazole cream in the treatment of tinea versicolor. A double-blind, multicenter study." Arch Dermatol 120 (1984): 216-9
2. Raulin C, Frosch PJ "Contact allergy to imidazole antimycotics." Contact Dermatitis 18 (1988): 76-80
3. Perret CM, Happle R "Contact allergy to miconazole." Contact Dermatitis 19 (1988): 75
4. Wade TR, Jones HE, Artis WA "Irritant and allergic reactions to topically applied Micatin cream." Contact Dermatitis 5 (1979): 168-70
5. "Product Information. Monistat (miconazole)." Ortho Pharmaceutical Corporation, Raritan, NJ.
6. "Miconazole--a new topical antifungal drug." Med Lett Drugs Ther 16 (1974): 97-8
7. Baes H "Contact sensitivity to miconazole with ortho-chloro cross-sensitivity to other imidazoles." Contact Dermatitis 24 (1991): 89-93
8. Fernandez L, Maquiera E, Rodriguez F, Picans I, Duque S "Systemic contact dermatitis from miconazole." Contact Dermatitis 34 (1996): 217
More about Ony-Clear (miconazole topical)
- Other brands: Monistat, Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack, Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack, Zeasorb-AF, More (39) »
Related treatment guides
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.