Generic name: clobetasol propionate
Dosage form: aerosol foam
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Olux safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Olux.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Note: For proper dispensing of foam, hold the can upside down and depress the actuator.
Olux Foam should be applied to the affected area twice daily, once in the morning and once at night. Invert the can and dispense a small amount of Olux Foam (up to a maximum of a golf-ball-size dollop or one and a half capfuls) into the cap of the can, onto a saucer or other cool surface, or to the lesion, taking care to avoid contact with the eyes. Dispensing directly onto hands is not recommended (unless the hands are the affected area), as the foam will begin to melt immediately upon contact with warm skin. When applying Olux Foam to a hair-bearing area, move the hair away from the affected area so that the foam can be applied to each affected area. Pick up small amounts with fingertips and gently massage into affected area until the foam disappears. Repeat until entire affected area is treated.
Apply the smallest amount possible that sufficiently covers the affected area(s). No more than one and a half capfuls of foam should be used at each application. Do not apply to face or intertriginous areas.
Olux Foam is a super-high-potency topical corticosteroid; therefore, treatment should be limited to 2 consecutive weeks and amounts greater than 50 g/week should not be used. Use in pediatric patients under 12 years of age is not recommended.
Unless directed by a physician, Olux Foam should not be used with occlusive dressings.
- Olux Side Effects
- Olux Drug Interactions
- Clobetasol Topical dosage information
- Clobex (clobetasol propionate) topical spray dosage information
- Clobex Lotion (clobetasol propionate) lotion dosage information
- Clobex Shampoo (clobetasol propionate) shampoo dosage information
- Cormax (clobetasol propionate) ointment dosage information
- Cormax Cream (clobetasol propionate) cream dosage information
- Cormax Solution (clobetasol propionate) topical solution dosage information
- Olux-E (clobetasol propionate) aerosol, foam dosage information
- Temovate (clobetasol propionate) cream, ointment dosage information
- Temovate Cream (clobetasol propionate) cream dosage information
- Temovate E Cream (clobetasol propionate) cream dosage information
- Temovate Gel (clobetasol propionate) topical gel dosage information